Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Our PE teacher made us line up outside the shower and watched us go in one by one. ******* freak. Truanted pretty much every PE lesson after that!
Did you by chance go to Wilsonís because that happened there as well
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Anyhue, safeguarding rules exist for very good reason. The club is going to be exceptionally familiar with them and if those have been breached in the manner suggested, even innocently, he’s going to be in a massive pile of poo.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:15 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Same at John Fisher. The lower school discipline master seemed to always find time to appear in the changing rooms just as the P.E. lesson finished.Insisted on everyone having a shower.
Pervert and a sadist.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 01-02-2018, 08:18 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anyhue, safeguarding rules exist for very good reason. The club is going to be exceptionally familiar with them and if those have been breached in the manner suggested, even innocently, heís going to be in a massive pile of poo.
Yeah thing is its just not 'done' and would have known that like the back of his hand.

Hes the manager anyway whys he having a shower.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:29 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
are the Under 18 lads children exactly, If it the u13s one might think but...
Old 01-02-2018, 08:34 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeagle View Post
Certainly not what we needed. Appears as though it has been dealt with quickly and appropriately by the board though.

I really hope this is not the tip of the iceberg and is just an isolated incident, a misunderstanding as others have suggested.
Your right there can be no criticism aimed at the club whoíve dealt with this swiftly and appropriately imo. Itís a shame but the youngsters must be protected first and foremost.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:34 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
are the Under 18 lads children exactly, If it the u13s one might think but...
Of course they are .
Old 01-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
There is a 15-year-old and several 16 and 17-year-olds in the U18 team.
A genuine question or too prompted by this (and I realise it is different before anyone shouts) but if they (15-18) were playing in an U23 match alongside a recovering player, like Damo or Mutch etc. would the expectation be that they showered separately?

I can just imagine this quickly becomes a tricky issue to manage.

Also aren't paedophiles ever 18? i.e. it's the behaviour that is the issue to manage and that's tricky other than the obvious/extremes.

Crikey what was it like when they all had to share the big sunken bath after a match and pass the soap? - a la Fiona Richmond etc. I only did the big bath thing once after a game and Fiona wasn't there

None of this is meant as mitigation - just occurred to me while thinking about how do you write the rulebook.

Only playing where there are separate showers is probably easier
Old 01-02-2018, 08:37 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maybe he was looking for some balls
Old 01-02-2018, 08:40 PM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
A genuine question or too prompted by this (and I realise it is different before anyone shouts) but if they (15-18) were playing in an U23 match alongside a recovering player, like Damo or Mutch etc. would the expectation be that they showered separately?

I can just imagine this quickly becomes a tricky issue to manage.

Also aren't paedophiles ever 18? i.e. it's the behaviour that is the issue to manage and that's tricky other than the obvious/extremes.

Crikey what was it like when they all had to share the big sunken bath after a match and pass the soap? - a la Fiona Richmond etc. I only did the big bath thing once after a game and Fiona wasn't there

None of this is meant as mitigation - just occurred to me while thinking about how do you write the rulebook.

Only playing where there are separate showers is probably easier
On a similar note - I used to play menís football at 16 and men do still now and shower after the game. I wonder if the FA even consider this or just turn a blind eye.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:41 PM

Stonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My son was an under 18 at the Acadermy 10 years ago,
He told me The 1st team also showerd at the same time.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:00 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox View Post
On a similar note - I used to play menís football at 16 and men do still now and shower after the game. I wonder if the FA even consider this or just turn a blind eye.
Thinking about so did I, at 15 I think. In fact half our team was from the same school year, the other half were blokes that worked at the local foundry whose team it was. Donít think it crossed our minds TBH but this was a long time ago.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:00 PM

Braintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I went to Wilsons. Maybe a few years before you but I don't remember anything like that happening.

Admittedly without knowing any facts, my initial reaction is that if he did shower with the team then in this day and age he was foolish but in the world of football, being in changing rooms every day, surely it's completely normal to be around naked people. If he didn't do anything inappropriate then should this even have been a problem?
Old 01-02-2018, 09:04 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Same at John Fisher. The lower school discipline master seemed to always find time to appear in the changing rooms just as the P.E. lesson finished.Insisted on everyone having a shower.
Pervert and a sadist.
Shirley High School 1980-1983. 10-13 year olds. P.ﹰE. teacher would always make a point of standing there, peering in, observing that 'you lot are washing yourselves properly'. We were all aware of what he was up to, so we'd all go in wearing our shorts. Dirty ******* nonce! We also had a headmaster who got his kicks from overcaning. No side swiping, this **** would statistically ensure that the tip of the cane would hit the top of the metal ceiling light shade, you'd then know it was on its way down! The welt marks on arse and backs of legs were outrageous. Sick bastard is dead now. Hope he rests unpeacefully in hell.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:04 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I'm guessing the only thing done wrong is breaking company policy. And if found guilty of breaking company policy, he would be dismissed on gross misconduct.

The problem is the Academy has integrity, and a reputation. They've heard the issue which may have been raised by others had a mini-investigation. And seen that there is enough there to carry out the full discplinary procedure. The fact he has been suspended means it doesn't look good.

However I'm pretty sure no complaints have been made outside of the club or this would have been a police issue first.

Issot has literally carried this club through the hard times what a sad way for it to come to an end, from a serious indiscretion like that.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:09 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
There are child safeguarding guidelines available from the governing bodies of various sports. I imagine these are tighter than many years ago.

As an example, my teenage son plays with a local cricket/hockey club, which is affiliated to Surrey. As a parent, each season we sign paperwork that relates to the club’s code of conduct (behaviour) and whether the club can use images (eg team photos) of our son.

Since he turned 13, he’s been old enough to potentially play with their adult team. So there’s been an extra question for us/him to answer re changing and showering. He is only allowed to do either of these with the adult team if we’ve signed parental consent.

Otherwise, the general advice is that the teenage players arrive already changed ready to play, and after the match change/shower at home.

We indicated that he’d change at home, and I believe all the other parents did too. We felt this was simpler for all concerned.

This is just a local, but well run club. I’d expect Palace to have staff that are fully aware of the safeguarding advice, eg from the FA, who I expect run courses for academy coaches on this.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:09 PM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Did you by chance go to Wilson’s because that happened there as well
Yes, it did.

Edited.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Registered Snoozer

TomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gary Issott - Suspended

My Sunday league under 12s manager was a paedo. Never touched me though, I was a fat kid, plus my dad would have lynched him. I went to primary school with his son, he supported QPR - always detested them because of him. Religious, sent his kids to St Andrews for secondary.
Hodgson. De Boer. Allardyce. Pardew. Warnock. Pulis. Holloway. Freedman. Burley. Hart. Warnock. Taylor. Dowie. Kember. Francis. Bruce. A. Smith. Coppell. Venables. Lombardo. Coppell. Bassett. Coppell. A. Smith. Coppell. Mullery. Kember. Gradi. Allison. Venables. Allison. Head. Graham. Rowe. G. Smith. Spiers. Scott. Dawes/Slade. Rooke. Butler. Irwin. Moyes. Bromilow. Tresadern. Mavin. Maley. Goodman. Robson.

Last edited by TomEagle; 01-02-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:29 PM
Trainer Specialist

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
"Tried to"

Still does not sound good in the slightest!

Hope its a massive misunderstanding, in a rush out afterwards wanted to shower didn't realise one of the players wasn't finished... becomes a big deal.

Thats the rosy hopeful picture that one would like anyway
Yes I think most of us would hope something like that is the case and he is just suspended pending the investigation. In these times I guess/hope that anyone working with minors comes under extra scrutiny though.

I remember during basic training doing cross country and having to have mass showers afterwards. Looking back I suppose lots of the recruits were probably just out of school but I think most of us expected that it wasn't going to be a walk in the park and accepted the dehumanisation, gassing, early starts, abuse etc were all a part of it.

I guess he'll be assumed guilty as a result of this but until the investigation conclusions happen I wouldn't assume anything. Should close the thread really.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Glad all over

dannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedannyturner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Were Palace aware about it, but only suspended him when it became public? Also if no-one complained... how did it get out?
Really... I knew the previous safeguarding officer at cpfc pretty well. An insight into the role, and that of anyone with safeguarding responsibilities, would indicate that this is something where organisations have no choice but to be rightly proactive. There is nowhere that hide, and the club appear to have acted correctly, albeit Issott is innocent until proven guilty.