Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
From Benitez's comments after the game, he was worried about our attacking players and made changes to try to counter that. Which struck me as weird bearing in mind the players he bought on. Diame particularly was an odd sub, I thought he'd had a good game until then. Merino was very entertaining though.
Diame had a knock I think
Old 05-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Diame had a knock I think
Ah OK. That makes sense.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:30 PM

Richard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sir Steve Coppell always believed in picking an 11 for the entire game. Different times, admittedly, but if the team is performing - as we were in the second half - why fix what ain't broke ?
Old 05-02-2018, 12:37 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
Roy has seen him train and made a judgement call on that. Replacing a £30m striker with a fella that was worth £300k 6 months ago, am not sure about that.
Would have had them both on gone
At. Luka. Jimmy. Wilf
Benteke. Sorloth

Coppell bringing wright on in cup final didn't go to bad after breaking leg was bit of a gamble
Old 05-02-2018, 12:44 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
I would have bought him on with 20 mins to go for benteke
Yep - Benteke had already missed a few when he wasn't fatigued - so he wasn't going to get a late hat-trick.

20 minutes for new player to get a taste of the league against a team with not the best defence that was tiring.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:46 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I sometimes gets frustrated at the lack of subs too, but then take a step back and think; am I really going to question the methods of a bloke who has more than 42 years of football management experience, and has taken us from no points, no goals after 7 games to where we are now?

Then I shut up
Old 05-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
I couldn't figure out who to take off yesterday - Benny boy maybe the obvious one but although not scoring it felt like a risk replacing him 1 for 1. Wilf and Andros both were still needed - And the rest was set well.

A win would have been huge but going for it too gung ho and losing was not worth the risk IMO.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, how would we have coped without Andros 'one trick' Townsend. There are people in undiscovered tribes in the Amazon who know that he'll run down the wing and cut back on his left foot 99.9% of the time. Perhaps someone should point out to him that on the one occasion he carried the ball past the full back and crossed with his right foot against West Ham it led to a goal.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:33 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
I think Cheungy could have done a job for last 15 mins. He would have been good against tiring legs. I like him and think he an ideal man to come on late in games
Sorry mate - I just don't get that.
He isin't good enough for the PL.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:38 PM

MonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
Sorry mate - I just don't get that.
He isin't good enough for the PL.
Your're right he isnt. But it was pretty obvious we were not going to score yesterday. It needed new impetus or some fresh legs. My choice would have been Sorloth so we could ping some balls in to him. But what do I know.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:01 PM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't really understand why Rakip wasn't even on the bench behind Lee who we were seemingly happy to let go on deadline day?
Old 05-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Sir Steve Coppell always believed in picking an 11 for the entire game. Different times, admittedly, but if the team is performing - as we were in the second half - why fix what ain't broke ?
Because we had a match winner on the bench...well, not that we know he“s a match winner, but he mightve been a match winner....if he“d come off the bench to be one...or something....
Old 05-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Because we had a match winner on the bench...well, not that we know he“s a match winner, but he mightve been a match winner....if he“d come off the bench to be one...or something....
I think I can safely say, with no doubt at all, in absolute certainty, that if he had come off the bench to score the winning goal then he would have been a match winner who was indeed on the bench at the point before he then came on to the pitch to win the match.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think I can safely say, with no doubt at all, in absolute certainty, that if he had come off the bench to score the winning goal then he would have been a match winner who was indeed on the bench at the point before he then came on to the pitch to win the match.
Thanks for the clarification
Old 05-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification
You are most welcome.

Except the problem is that until he comes on to the pitch to win the match, he's not a match winner. He's only a match winner once he wins the match, at which point he's no longer on the bench.

It is confusing.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Utter bollocks.

From which part of your anatomy did you extract that particular pearl of wisdom?
Errr, did you read the opening post? That pretty much tells you where that came from and IMO he's spot on.

He doesn't have anyone else ready and available to tun to, unless he is forced to.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:32 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
Roy has seen him train and made a judgement call on that. Replacing a £30m striker with a fella that was worth £300k 6 months ago, am not sure about that.
You got that half right. We paid something silly like that for him, but all season he hasn't played anywhere near that price tag. I'd gamble on £9m Sarloth to put in a better shift and if he can't hit the target from one yard, or chip a goalkeeper, then I'd question what he's doing here or why we signed him?
Old 05-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
You are most welcome.

Except the problem is that until he comes on to the pitch to win the match, he's not a match winner. He's only a match winner once he wins the match, at which point he's no longer on the bench.

It is confusing.
But if he came on once to win a match and becomes a match winner does that title last forever or until he comes of the bench and doesn“t win the match so becomes a non match winner until he comes off the bench and wins the match next time and becomes a match winner again?
Old 05-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Lovely

Quote:
But if he came on once to win a match and becomes a match winner does that title last forever or until he comes of the bench and doesn“t win the match so becomes a non match winner until he comes off the bench and wins the match next time and becomes a match winner again?
Yes.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Interesting to see that there are posters who can use the 'evidence' in front of them to back up both possibilities; plus some stating this almost as a fact.

Truth is we don't know one way or the other.