Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:30 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Looking at remaining fixtures, where we stand

Ok so I’m a little hungover and on a day off. Feels like a defeat yesterday so I thought I’d take a little look at the remaining fixtures to get an idea of how we compare and got a little carried away.

Obviously football doesn’t work like this but over the course of the season it’s usually not far away in terms of results so... I’ve assessed each teams fixtures and games go in one of 3 categories to give a picture of how tough fixtures are

Bottom 10 ie. Watford down and highly winnable

Mid table ie.. Everton, Leicester, Bournemouth and Burnley. These are neutral and ignored for consistency for everyone as could go either way

Tough ie.. top 6. Assumed loss (though obviously won’t all go that way)

As I say, ignoring the mid table as neutral games each team has (winnable/top six) games. So I’m order of fixtures remaining, easiest run top we have

Swansea (6/3)
Huddersfield (6/4)
Watford (5/4) NB: doesn’t include chealsea tonight, free pass for simplicity
Palace (5/4)
Stoke (5/4)
WBA (5/4)
Southampton (4/4)
West Ham (4/5)
Brighton (4/5)
Newcastle (4/5)

As you can see Newcastle, Brighton ans West Ham do have the toughest run in’s, where as Swansea and Huddersfield have the most games against the bottom 10.

When you add the current table, points and -1 point for stoke and Huddersfield for extremely poor goal averages it looks like the table will end like this if difficaulty of remaining games is the deciding factor

Swansea
Watford
Palace
Huddersfield
Southampton
Stoke
West Ham
Brighton
WBA
Newcastle

Obviously that doesn’t count other influences like Swansea losing two key players last week and West Ham injury list being worse than ours. West Ham have a big part of thier ‘winnable’ games coming soon while they are struggling with players missing so timing could influence them.

Like I say, it’s football. It won’t go to form/league positions but just an illustration of the upcoming fixtures shows we are still in control of our own destiny and yesterday’s result wasn’t the worst.

Hope some of you find that interesting anyway

Last edited by bigend1; 05-02-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Have you factored in that, at the rate we lose first team players per game, we could end up with 2 players on the pitch by the end of the season?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 05-02-2018, 11:32 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Have you factored in that, at the rate we lose first team players per game, we could end up with 2 players on the pitch by the end of the season?
Yes

Thatís why Iím hungover
Old 05-02-2018, 11:34 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here

Old 05-02-2018, 12:55 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Ok so Iím a little hungover and on a day off. Feels like a defeat yesterday so I thought Iíd take a little look at the remaining fixtures to get an idea of how we compare and got a little carried away.

Obviously football doesnít work like this but over the course of the season itís usually not far away in terms of results so... Iíve assessed each teams fixtures and games go in one of 3 categories to give a picture of how tough fixtures are

Bottom 10 ie. Watford down and highly winnable

Mid table ie.. Everton, Leicester, Bournemouth and Burnley. These are neutral and ignored for consistency for everyone as could go either way

Tough ie.. top 6. Assumed loss (though obviously wonít all go that way)

As I say, ignoring the mid table as neutral games each team has (winnable/top six) games. So Iím order of fixtures remaining, easiest run top we have

Swansea (6/3)
Huddersfield (6/4)
Watford (5/4) NB: doesnít include chealsea tonight, free pass for simplicity
Palace (5/4)
Stoke (5/4)
WBA (5/4)
Southampton (4/4)
West Ham (4/5)
Brighton (4/5)
Newcastle (4/5)

As you can see Newcastle, Brighton ans West Ham do have the toughest run inís, where as Swansea and Huddersfield have the most games against the bottom 10.

When you add the current table, points and -1 point for stoke and Huddersfield for extremely poor goal averages it looks like the table will end like this if difficaulty of remaining games is the deciding factor

Swansea
Watford
Palace
Huddersfield
Southampton
Stoke
West Ham
Brighton
WBA
Newcastle

Obviously that doesnít count other influences like Swansea losing two key players last week and West Ham injury list being worse than ours. West Ham have a big part of thier Ďwinnableí games coming soon while they are struggling with players missing so timing could influence them.

Like I say, itís football. It wonít go to form/league positions but just an illustration of the upcoming fixtures shows we are still in control of our own destiny and yesterdayís result wasnít the worst.

Hope some of you find that interesting anyway

Good work, now can you tell me please are we staying up, s I can stop worrying
Old 05-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Is this a good time to mention Oldham?

Old 05-02-2018, 05:12 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
We've had two transfer windows to avoid this, but we are now just one injury away from real trouble. If one of the wingers gets injured we have no cover. If WH gets injured we have no adequate cover (Jules also injured). If Benteke or AS get injured, we have no cover. If PVA gets injured, no adequate cover. Kelly is now injured too, so we only have Damo as cover for Tomkins and Sakho.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:15 PM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
We've had two transfer windows to avoid this, but we are now just one injury away from real trouble. If one of the wingers gets injured we have no cover. If WH gets injured we have no adequate cover (Jules also injured). If Benteke or AS get injured, we have no cover. If PVA gets injured, no adequate cover. Kelly is now injured too, so we only have Damo as cover for Tomkins and Sakho.
Well yes, but you're wasting your time, sooooo many excuses.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpingtoneagle View Post
Good work, now can you tell me please are we staying up, s I can stop worrying
To get the correct answer, you merely need to add up the results from this, the 'Remaining games of 2018 season', and 'relegation avoidance calculator thread, and divide them by three. And add 2
Old 05-02-2018, 05:45 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
To get the correct answer, you merely need to add up the results from this, the 'Remaining games of 2018 season', and 'relegation avoidance calculator thread, and divide them by three. And add 2
And if the sun comes up we will be fine. You forgot that.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:50 PM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
That's better,
now I understand, thanks VHA
We are staying up
We are staying up
We are staying up
We are staying up
Hoorah !!!!!!
COYP
Old 03-03-2018, 08:13 PM

On course apart from us of course!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:15 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just did it. I got Barnsley.

Twinned with MK Dons