Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:11 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
I find quite a lot of these clubs are money making schemes however, Sports Focus are another that claim to set up kids to academies etc when in actual fact the bloke who runs it Mr Booth is a wrongun.
exactly this
btw: This Mr Booth doesn't happen to be called Stuart does he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post

Pick up academy, Volenti (run by Bobby Bowry),
he's a really good coach, also has Osborn working for him
Old 08-02-2018, 08:49 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
exactly this

he's a really good coach, also has Osborn working for him
Yes Stuart, I'll keep it off here. But the bloke is a pure out and out wrongun. And a good few people know about him too.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:59 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
There are also a lot of academies out there that aren't specifically linked to a club, and lots of local clubs have links to the likes of Palace, Millwall, Charlton etc.

Pick up academy, Volenti (run by Bobby Bowry), Kinetic, Junior Elite FC, Phoenix Academy
Unique is another one. Run by Jamie Waller who was performance director at Palace academy a few years back. Quality of coaching is probably on a par with most professional academies.

Junior Elite are a team in their own right. Heavy links to the Fulham academy (their Chairman is the Fulham guy featured on the BT sports documentary a few weeks back).
Old 08-02-2018, 09:36 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smith View Post
JPL isn't a very high standard in London and the south east. Certainly not as strong as some of the Saturday and Sunday leagues in the area.
It did dip a bit with its expansion, but they are starting to tier now. One of the things that is different is the competitive nature but not the win at all costs mentality. They very much seem to focus on development. These private academies are all very good but without game time it is pointless. We have one in Southampton with great coaches but if you have the and are ok you are in but they never play so don't work as a team and develop. We also have another team that's in the Surrey league that's run by Hilter. Always get results but such a miserable place.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013

Please if you can donate to this, give back some of the joy you have had watching the 'A Palace Minute' series from BUBBS11.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 08-02-2018, 10:23 PM

HRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not a fan of Bobby Bowery from experience though won’t go into that on here. Lambeth Tigers are a club with genuine Palace links but you have to be pretty good to get game time there. Unique FA is a real good set up.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:08 AM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
What are people paying to play junior football? In my boy's team which is a junior side of an 8th tier non league club in Worcestershire we pay 25 per month for an hour of training on grass and a game on Saturday morning, whether you can play or not. You don't pay for anything on top like kit or match fees. Is that good value?
Old 09-02-2018, 10:04 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking's no1 View Post
What are people paying to play junior football? In my boy's team which is a junior side of an 8th tier non league club in Worcestershire we pay 25 per month for an hour of training on grass and a game on Saturday morning, whether you can play or not. You don't pay for anything on top like kit or match fees. Is that good value?
I have paid varying amounts.

One club was about 40 for kit and about 250 a year.

One club was pay as you go with a 180 fee for kit, league registration etc. then you paid 5 for an hours training and 5 a game.

One club was 35 a month for one hour of futsal and a one and half hour session of football per week. Then it was 3 a match and they competed in two leagues and would have about 4 games a month. The kit was around 30-60 depending how much you wanted to buy and all the league registrations worked out around 150 that was for regents park, market road midweek and the arsenal summer league.

Current club is a charity that works on a pay what you can afford basis. I currently pay 50 a month for an hour of futsal and an hour of football training a week and a match about 3 times a month. The kit was about 40. There will be league registrations but we haven't paid any of those yet. I know some people are paying up to 100 a month and i think some are paying as little as 3 a session.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:41 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
In the north east the clubs seem to compete a lot for the same talent so scouts are very prominent at training sessions and matches.I was chatting to a professional scout once about an U15 team and he knew pretty much every players' strengths and weaknesses and knew them all by name.They also try to hoover as many kids up at the ages of 6 and 7 as possible.It's not always great for the kids though and even people I've spoken to who work in academies say the selection process and releasing kids at a young age is far too brutal.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:50 AM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
We charge 200 per year, which includes kit, registration fees, insurances, training on 3g from October to March (in local park rest of time), match fees and pitch hire fees.

We are bloody cheap for what we offer as we want to be as inclusive as possible, and every season it pisses me off no end when some dickhead parent asks what they get for their money!

We do also have a very good fundraising manager, and we also try and encourage players to get sponsorships from friends and families at 20 a time. This then funds the extras like rain jackets, training kits etc.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:10 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Does anyone know if the club are at the forefront of knowledge for motor skill developement in children? There are different windows where kids can learn various skills. Recalling from memory i think the most important window for coordination is around 10-12. If you miss it, then it puts real limits on what can be learned later. There are other windows for speed and power. It`s quite a science.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Sunday team
1 hours training, 2G sand all weather pitch no 3G on the island :-( 1 match per week weather permitting. 20 a month no extra for KIT or macth fees
Footsal once per month 5 for an hour

Pompey Development Once per week for an hour 0

JPL
1 Hours training on 3G, mainland, 1 match per week, plus other odd games, 40 per month and full kit bag bottle home away track suit 160

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013

Please if you can donate to this, give back some of the joy you have had watching the 'A Palace Minute' series from BUBBS11.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:12 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
exactly this
My son was in his futsal academy for years, I thought he was a fantastic coach and decent bloke, I recommended people to him and his new venture T10, should I not be?

PM me if possible
Old 09-02-2018, 12:53 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Futsal seems more and more popular albeit it's still hard to get regular matches. I have actually found my son is a far better futsal player than a footballer. He is tiny but runs and runs and runs. It seems to play to his strengths more. I suspect once he matures a bit and isn't a clear head shorter than everyone else on the pitch football will become a bit easier for him.

Futsal is great fun when done well.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:05 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kids need to have small balls at their feet as much as possible and from as young an age as possible

Encourage skills, manipulation of the ball, dribbling, etc

Futsal is great for this as it eliminates the long ball!

There needs to be more around kids being able to express themselves and free the shackles of winning at all costs
Old 09-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:

The club I'm involved with charges 70 for the season, flat fee to cover all training and matches. Mind you we're are in rural Lincolnshire where decimalisation is only just starting to catch on.

By the way if anyone involved in an under 11s team down south fancies an end of season mini-tour we'd be happy to help set something up.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Futsal seems more and more popular albeit it's still hard to get regular matches. I have actually found my son is a far better futsal player than a footballer. He is tiny but runs and runs and runs. It seems to play to his strengths more. I suspect once he matures a bit and isn't a clear head shorter than everyone else on the pitch football will become a bit easier for him.

I remember 20 plus years ago when there was only one futsal league in the entire country. We used to have to driver 100 odd miles to sodding Pendle (I think it was called Pendle) to play.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:26 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Just find the one with the most Catholics employed.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post

Such a laugh, so quick, indoors no mud, size is not a barrier, no kicking thumping, diving or dodgy decisions to worry about, the quick thinking can then be transferred to the pitch and the boys always come off grinning and laughing about who meggsed who and what ridiculous move one got away with. It reminds me of jumpers for goal posts football for the younger ones.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013

Old 09-02-2018, 01:39 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
My team has been invited to a futsal tournament in Swindon which will be the first one we've done. The players selected are the ones who can trap and pass a ball so looking forward to see how they cope.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
My team has been invited to a futsal tournament in Swindon which will be the first one we've done. The players selected are the ones who can trap and pass a ball so looking forward to see how they cope.
If they have no experience they will struggle imo. Have seen it several times. My son's team get thrashed by a team at football then absolutely took them to the cleaners in a futsal match and reverse the scoreline and some.

Deffo worth doing though. Just get some practice in.