Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-07-2018, 02:57 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
International removal UK to UAE

Hi everyone.

A relative is about to move to the UAE for a couple of years for work, and the company has said they will pay to ship their stuff out and back.

I know there are a few threads on UK moves (sadly lamenting moverman…), but I was hoping someone may have experience of an international removal firm that they could recommend?

Ideally we'd like to find someone who can do the door to door at both ends as well as the sea freight, and has enough expertise to help with what can and can't be shipped for UAE customs, and what might be liable to import duties.

Probably a bit of a niche request, but any suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you!!
Old 03-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Hi everyone.

A relative is about to move to the UAE for a couple of years for work, and the company has said they will pay to ship their stuff out and back.

I know there are a few threads on UK moves (sadly lamenting moverman…), but I was hoping someone may have experience of an international removal firm that they could recommend?

Ideally we'd like to find someone who can do the door to door at both ends as well as the sea freight, and has enough expertise to help with what can and can't be shipped for UAE customs, and what might be liable to import duties.

Thank you!!
Get 3 quotes (maybe the company want this anyway)
Chose companies like Pickfords/Allied Van Lines.
use this site for options: To view the link you have to Register or Login
They all provide a very similar service.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:14 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I used these guys... To view the link you have to Register or Login. Very happy with the service.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Thanks guys, good tips
Old 03-07-2018, 04:27 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
You (or your friend) are Yohan Cabaye and I claim my 5 pounds!
Old 03-07-2018, 04:34 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Keep away from Pickfords the Dubai end is a franchise, we had damaged furniture that was packed by Pickfords, so it went in fine, then went into storage and when it came out was wrecked neither side would accept responsibility........ an absolute disgraceful bunch even wrote to the UK MD who replied once and arranged a phone call, that he didn't keep to. he then ignored all subsequent emails DO NOT USE PICKFORDS !!!!! you were warned.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:34 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
I used these guys... To view the link you have to Register or Login. Very happy with the service.
Heard good stuff about these ANYBODY OTHER THAN PICKFORDS!!!
Old 03-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
Keep away from Pickfords the Dubai end is a franchise, we had damaged furniture that was packed by Pickfords, so it went in fine, then went into storage and when it came out was wrecked neither side would accept responsibility........ an absolute disgraceful bunch even wrote to the UK MD who replied once and arranged a phone call, that he didn't keep to. he then ignored all subsequent emails DO NOT USE PICKFORDS !!!!! you were warned.
They all use franchises or partners. Everywhere. Non of which (or very very rarely) are exclusive.. So you could use a different move company in the UK and end up with same company at the Dubai end.
And the packing at the home end is done by third parties (possibly dressed in overalls of the company you contracted, but they're all 3rd party workers.) Which might not be a bad thing, but it makes it very difficult to make proper comparisons of companies. A gang of packers working for Pickfords one day could be working for another company the next day.
To be honest it's a bit of a minefield.

Get 3 quotes, ask the representative (who absolutely should visit your home - don't in any way do a phone quote) lots of questions. Go with the reasonably priced option (not necessarily the lowest) and make sure you feel comfortable with the company you pick. How they treat you at the packing end can be a good pointer.

A low priced quote might be a sign that you will be waiting ages for your container at destination as they have trans-shipped it somewhere to shave some $$ off the price.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:02 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sevenseas worldwide are good value if you're happy to do the packing/unloading yourselves. I guess it depends what expenses the company are willing to pick up
Old 03-07-2018, 05:07 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Hi everyone.

Thank you!!
Get a van ... I will drive it down for £100 but will need a couple of crates of Red Bull.

https://youtu.be/DiWomXklfv8
Old 04-07-2018, 07:56 AM

Thanks everyone. I hadn't clocked Cabaye had signed for a Dubai club! £100 and some red bull does sound very tempting but I would worry about all that caffeine not being good for you

I'll pass on the tips. Thanks again!
Old 04-07-2018, 08:35 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I'll do it for £99, no red bull as that is for wimps
Old 05-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Back On The Circuit.

Vince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I cant believe that people have to manage there own relocation. Dont they get appointed an International relocation company to manage all this stuff?