Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Senior moments

Jalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayJalfrezi_Enema is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
Things that were surprisingly good.

There's always at least one thread 'current' on the BBS regarding stuff that irrititates us. Stuff in general, specific stuff, football stuff, life stuff, girl/boy stuff, white van man stuff, the list is endless.

So, how about a thread for stuff you thought was surprisingly good. Either stuff that you thought would be bad, or stuff which, had you thought about it at all, you WOULD have thought it was bad etc etc. Stuff that, in the end, turned out to be alright, bettter than average, good even.

Currently the new All Bran advert with Captain Kirk. Previously, I'd always thought he was as up yer own arse as you could get and my opinoin of him didn't reach much higher than tosser. But, he takes the mick out of himself here and it makes me smile and when he gets to the end and just says "Oooh.." I always chuckle.

Surprisingly if inconsequentially, good.

Michael Foot was 12" tall.
Old 13-06-2005, 10:49 AM

Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Palacebird83 stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Long Island Ice Tea, that was good on Saturday night
Old 13-06-2005, 10:55 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
I'm pleased with my latest haircut.
I had a better than expected night out at the North Downs Club on Saturday.
My ear problems have cleared up.

Happy.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 13-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
A Saturday night out in Liverpool. Not sure why but I had the misconception that I wasn't going to enjoy it and it was absolutely great. Highly recommended.

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson
Graffiti Arsist

Micky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMicky Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The close season so far for our beloved team (scousers etc excepted).
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
This morning - the sun was shining and, in spite of everything, I felt quite chipper cycling up to London this morning.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 13-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Re: Things that were surprisingly good.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jalfrezi_Enema
There's always at least one thread 'current' on the BBS regarding stuff that irrititates us. Stuff in general, specific stuff, football stuff, life stuff, girl/boy stuff, white van man stuff, the list is endless.

So, how about a thread for stuff you thought was surprisingly good. Either stuff that you thought would be bad, or stuff which, had you thought about it at all, you WOULD have thought it was bad etc etc. Stuff that, in the end, turned out to be alright, bettter than average, good even.

Currently the new All Bran advert with Captain Kirk. Previously, I'd always thought he was as up yer own arse as you could get and my opinoin of him didn't reach much higher than tosser. But, he takes the mick out of himself here and it makes me smile and when he gets to the end and just says "Oooh.." I always chuckle.

Surprisingly if inconsequentially, good.
That All bran yogurty cereal is surprisingly good too!!

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 13-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peter Manley's entrance to Amarillo in the UK Open. Had all the makings of a disaster, but he just about pulled it off.
Old 13-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I quite like my job, which I don't think I can ever have said before.

Of course, what I really mean, is that I like the way I get paid to use the BBS.
Old 13-06-2005, 11:08 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
That second bottle of VINO last night...NOW that was good....

SaulAlinsky
Old 13-06-2005, 11:15 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
The film Love Actually was surprisingly good (embarrased smilie required).

I'm not a fan of rom-coms, especially ones starring Hugh Grant, but I was on a long flight, had finished my book and the batteries in my personal stereo had run out.

Still not tempted to see Notting Hill, Bridget Jones or anything else similar though.
Old 13-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Tired and Emotional

Smurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Quote:
Originally posted by Smoz
The film Love Actually was surprisingly good (embarrased smilie required).
Probably the worst film I have ever seen, certainly the worst of that genre.
Old 13-06-2005, 11:23 AM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lesleys eviction outfit
Old 13-06-2005, 12:18 PM
No longer of Hove

lauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Coldplay's new album.
"Football is an incredible bond. People donít understand it. You donít understand it yourself. When you fall in love at four years old, before you know about anything, the first thing you fall in love with is a football team, itís an undying love. It canít be broken. You canít change football teams."
Old 13-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Moritz's Physio

E_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
I'm pleased with my latest haircut.
Not ginger then this time?
Old 13-06-2005, 12:25 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Smurph
Probably the worst film I have ever seen, certainly the worst of that genre.
The thread is on things that are surprisingly good.

I wouldn't describe this film as good (or anywhere close to approaching mediocre for that matter), just far better than the very low expectations that I had for it.
Old 13-06-2005, 12:26 PM

Dom303 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by lauren_of_hove
Coldplay's new album.
I agree. It's actually damn good.
Old 13-06-2005, 12:26 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Finding out that I wasn't paying income tax.
Old 13-06-2005, 12:30 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I quite like 'Murphy's Law' on Thursday nights BBC1. Very violent and dark but if you can put up with finger slicings and murders all very well done.
Old 13-06-2005, 12:33 PM
System Addict

Mojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses growMojo Jojo knows where the wild roses grow
Caramel Aero