Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-02-2018, 02:25 PM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
Who's impressed with any of our scouts? I'm not!
Lol! Not a Palace scout obviously (they wouldn't be watching Palace play).
Old 02-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
Wayne Rooney scored 25 goals in 46 internationals from the start of 2012 until the end of his career.
yet hadn't produced a performance of any note or hardly scored in major tournaments since the 2004 EC, wouldn't that have been an indicator?
Old 02-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Lol! Not a Palace scout obviously (they wouldn't be watching Palace play).
Milivojevic must have been watched before buying.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Milivojevic must have been watched before buying.
What a ******* signing as well.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Kylie_Tracey is front runner for BBS Div of the Year
Surely he cant win it two years in a row?
Old 02-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
I think the only difference this makes is whether it was a mistake to buy him (given our priority in the window was players ready to play now), or a mistake to not be playing him.

If he's good enough but RH isn't playing him, then he is at fault.

If he's not good enough to play now but was supposed to be, then DF is at fault.

If DF was instructed to identify players for the future even if they aren't ready to contribute, then SP is at fault as whatever resources we had needed to be directed towards strengthening the first team NOW.

It looks like a cock-up to me, we just can't be sure who is responsible.
Why does it have to be pointing the finger and finding fault? If he plays he plays, there must be a reason, but inventing speculation is pointless, time will tell.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Tosun was never signing for us after his start and then Everton coming in. Babacar has gone backwards and the boy from Preston given the similar cost I'd rather take a player who has played International football and was playing for current leaders in his league.

Both Lille and Getafe are totally ****ed. Lille have a FPP charge that could see them get relegated from Ligue 1 if they don't bring cash in so now whatever they do there is a chance they are gone. Getafe had no leg to stand on either their chairman has ignored a clause in his players contract and is notoriously an enormous penis he's lost the fans their attendances are plumetting. Any one in that situation (brought on by their own moronic 'skills') with any logic would have taken the money. The fact that we ended up trying to deal with the French and Spanish versions of Simon Jordan does'nt mean we should just accept their ******* around.

I swear some our fans would just bend over and take it if they were running the club.
Very easy to spend money that isnt yours. People moan about the contracts given to Sako and Mutch, sometimes throwing money at the problem makes it worse for you later.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:24 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
yet hadn't produced a performance of any note or hardly scored in major tournaments since the 2004 EC, wouldn't that have been an indicator?
I responded to comments like this: “I wonder why the silly old senile idiot kept selecting him?”

I suppose one could argue the irrelevance of Rooney’s record of almost a goal every other game at international level over a sustained period of time, but that would be silly.

Of course, your comment also ignores the fact that most English players have been poor in most recent tournaments. But admitting that would also undermine your points about Roy who, whether the right man for the England job or not, was not the first nor last to have an England team fail at a tournament.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Why does it have to be pointing the finger and finding fault? If he plays he plays, there must be a reason, but inventing speculation is pointless, time will tell.
The only other explanation is that he's injured, which hasn't come out thus far.

If all your centre-backs are injured and your new £2m Polish international centre-back can't even get on the bench ahead of a physically and mentally clapped out Delaney, is there an explanation other than injury where everyone concerned has done a good job?
Old 02-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I responded to comments like this: “I wonder why the silly old senile idiot kept selecting him?”

I suppose one could argue the irrelevance of Rooney’s record of almost a goal every other game at international level over a sustained period of time, but that would be silly.

Of course, your comment also ignores the fact that most English players have been poor in most recent tournaments. But admitting that would also undermine your points about Roy who, whether the right man for the England job or not, was not the first nor last to have an England team fail at a tournament.
He hardly conducted himself as the epitome of tactical genius and cutting edge managerial nous during the tournament's of 2012, 2014 and 2016, three solitary wins, that clearly impresses you though
Old 02-03-2018, 01:58 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
He hardly conducted himself as the epitome of tactical genius and cutting edge managerial nous during the tournament's of 2012, 2014 and 2016, three solitary wins, that clearly impresses you though
I never said he did, and nowhere did I say he impressed me. I pointed out that Roy was one of many England managers to have failed. That implies there is a broader problem than simply the manager.

Lying by fabrication, which is what you are doing to try to make an argument, is pathetic. I answered a specific point you made, one which was clearly silly or ignorant, and you have not actually responded with evidence to the contrary.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
I never said he did, and nowhere did I say he impressed me. I pointed out that Roy was one of many England managers to have failed. That implies there is a broader problem than simply the manager.

Lying by fabrication, which is what you are doing to try to make an argument, is pathetic. I answered a specific point you made, one which was clearly silly or ignorant, and you have not actually responded with evidence to the contrary.
I apologize I got the wrong end of stick , you hinted and implied that he was doing an admirable job , my mistake, sometimes one can read too much into a particular comment
Old 02-03-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I apologize I got the wrong end of stick , you hinted and implied that he was doing an admirable job , my mistake, sometimes one can read too much into a particular comment
Apology accepted.