Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:21 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Tottenham (home)

--------------------Hennessey-----------------------
TFM------Tomkins-------------Sakho---------PVA
Andros---Cabaye------------Milivojevic----Sorloth
--------------------McArthur------------------------
--------------------Benteke--------------------------

Subs:

Henry
Ward
Kelly
Souare
Schlupp
Riedewald

CYL

Keep it tight in the 4-5-1, get the full backs forward to provide the width. And hope to win it on a set-piece. Only concern is a lack of pace up front and through the middle, but hopefully McArthur can cover Townsend to burst forward and closer to Benteke from time to time. Andros Townsend is the key player for us (as well as the obvious solid defence).

Last edited by glaziers fan; 23-02-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:48 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Having ward back was a revelation! Never shall tfm be ahead of him again (by never I mean this season)

Otherwise same side. Probably see a more 451 out of possession like first half against Everton
Old 12-02-2018, 03:48 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
-----------Hennessey-----------
TFM----Tomkins---Sakho----PVA

---Cabaye--Milivojevic--McArthur

--Townsend--Benteke--Sorloth--

Subs-
Henry,Ward,Souare,Jach,Riedewald,Rakip,Lee.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:54 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Having ward back was a revelation! Never shall tfm be ahead of him again (by never I mean this season)

Otherwise same side. Probably see a more 451 out of possession like first half against Everton
Apart from the fact he gave AT no support in an attacking sense whatsoever. Andros had his worst game in a long while.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:58 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Apart from the fact he gave AT no support in an attacking sense whatsoever. Andros had his worst game in a long while.
He put in just about our only two crosses from the right all game. Andros just cut back every time

Tfm for all his pace either runs and runs until he's tackled or is the worst crossed of a ball I've ever seen! Worse than ward who at least puts in decent crosses sometimes

Not knocking tfm but ward better defensively and less wasteful, albeit slower going forward
Old 12-02-2018, 04:06 PM

teesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Once again, given our exceedingly unfortunate injury list and poor squad depth there are very few selection conundrums.

1. Ward or Tfm at right back. I have a strong suspicion it will be ward - more reliable and spurs are more reliant on slick passing than pace.

2. Do we stick with sorloth on the left or bring in someone (i.e. reidewald) more accustomed to defending and pack the midfield. I suspect we will stick with sorloth.

3. If we do tinker with the midfield, do we play sorloth alone up front and ‘rest’ benteke. Even if reidewald is brought in as per point 2, I would expect benteke to start.

I’m sure there will be a few leftfield suggestions such as dropping cabaye or starting Rakip, but as far as I see it the 3 options above are the only ones Roy will seriously consider. Other managers might consider a 541 for this game with Kelly or tfm in central defence but this is not our Roy’s style.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:13 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
hennessey

Ward Tomkins sakho pva

Townsend cabaye luka Reidewald

Benteke Sorloth

Subs
Henry
TFM
MacArthur
Kelly
Rakip
Lee
Souare
Old 12-02-2018, 04:14 PM

little wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollielittle wayne belongs to Ollie
After being guilty myself of being overly negative this past 48 hours I have looked at things with a fresh perspective and have tried to shut out what all of our rivals are up to. It's an old cliché but we really do just need to worry about ourselves.

Three defeats in 16 in the league under Roy now and 23 points from that is solid enough to keep us up, at an average of 1.43 points a game under Roy we would hypothetically be c. 55 points over a whole season. If we maintain that average for the last 11 games we will finish on 42 points and will be comfortably safe.

To put that in perspective, even if we assume that we do lose all four against the big teams, we would still have seven games at 1.43 (which underestimates things given that we would be writing off four games) which would give us 10 more points and 37 may be enough.

I know we have tough games coming up but our next two are at home and six of the last eleven are at home where, since Roy came in, we have an even better points record at 1.55 a game. That average alone would give us 9 points getting us to 36 points without any away games factored in.

Keep the faith! Based on the above, even just one draw in these four games against the big boys could be crucial to our season.

I'd go with this team:

Hennessey

Ward Tomkins Sakho PvA

Luka Cabaye

Riedewald

Townsend Sorloth

Benteke

Against Spurs I think set pieces are going to be key as is keeping the ball when we get it. Riedewald was good doing that job in the game against City at home and Macca has been off the pace for me recently. I liked Sorloth against Everton and Benteke is still getting into the positions to miss the chances so the law of averages suggests he will start to convert and his xG will regress to the mean.

A bench of Henry, Souare, MacArthur, Rakip, Lee, Kelly (Jach clearly one for next season) and TFM

It doesn't give us much but would allow us to bring on TFM if we needed pace out wide.

Last edited by little wayne; 12-02-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:41 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey
TFM Tomkins Sakho Ward

Luka Cabaye
MacArthur
Townsend PVA
Sorloth
Old 12-02-2018, 04:45 PM

TC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hennesey

Ward Tomkins sakho Reidewald

Townsend cabaye luka PVA
Jimmy Mac
Benteke

Reidewald sometimes played at left back for Ajax and Holland U21, U19.

Last edited by TC EAGLE; 12-02-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:46 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apologies if already posted.

Hennessey
Ward - Tomkins - Sakho - van Aanholt
Cabaye - Milivojević - Riedewald
Townsend - Benteke - Sørloth
Old 12-02-2018, 04:54 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
When they drew to Southampton they got frustrated because Southampton wouldn't let them get into any rhythm. We need to be solid and look to stop that.

Hennessey
Ward Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka Riedewald
Townsend Cabaye Sorloth
Benteke

Son is top draw particularly in terms of his intelligence so I think Ward will be a better suited match as he reads the game better than TFM.

Give PVA a license to push forward with Riedewald sitting in and get Sorloth in that box with Benteke.

Be a very tough game, they've only lost away to Man City, Leicester, Arsenal and Man United. Hopefully they get a good result with Juve and their attention and focus gets distracted a little and we capitalise on that.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:17 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
WH
TFM Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka Reidwald
AT McArthur YC
Sorloth

Henry Ward Rakip DD CB CYL Lumeka
Old 13-02-2018, 12:24 AM

SuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I’d go with:

Henno
Ward Tomkins Sakho Pva

Townsend milo Jairo jimmy mac

Cabaye

Sorloth
Old 13-02-2018, 01:15 AM

Michael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What a good effing idea to drop a good striker called Benteke. I’m sure Roy will agree . Let’s see.
Old 13-02-2018, 03:21 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Hen
TFM Tomkins Sakho Ward

Townsend Luka Cab PVA

Benteke. Sorloth
Old 13-02-2018, 09:40 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle101 View Post
Apologies if already posted.

Hennessey
Cabaye - Milivojević - Riedewald
Townsend - Benteke - Sørloth
Yes please. Although it hurts to be dropping Jimmy.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:43 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G View Post
What a good effing idea to drop a good striker called Benteke. I’m sure Roy will agree . Let’s see.
If Puncheon had played as badly all season as Benteke has, everyone would be calling for him to be dropped...oh wait!

Hence

Wayne

TFM Tomkins Sakho PVA

Rakip Lukas Cabaye Riedewald Townsend

Sorloth

Gives us a decent enough bench with Ward MacArthur Benteke Jach Soaure Lee Henry

I can see an argument that the right wing is potentially weak and inexperienced, but Rakip is supposed to have a decent right foot, and TFM is probably more mobile than Ward, and with better powers of recovery
Old 13-02-2018, 10:00 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G View Post
He is not doing his job of scoring so a spell on the bench might help him get back. For me a 4-4-1-1 could suit him and the team with Sorloth as the front man a bit like Chamakh did although I am not sure he could work as hard as MC did.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:14 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey
Townsend-Cabaye - Milivojević - McArthur
Benteke - Sørloth

Sørloth can play on the left or join Benteke, McArthur can play on the left or be advanced midfielder, Its a flexible formation which should confuse spurs, all of of us and be total football all at the same time.