Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I used to love Shearer's penalties, he'd usually just smash it into the top corner... what's the problem?
Showing Shearer scoring from an indirect freekick that yes you can score as a result of a freekick in the box but not from taking one. If you are scoring from a freekick, it’s accurate to say it can only be from outside the box. Pedantic I know...
Old 18-02-2018, 08:53 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Hmm, he was still better than 90% of the crap Holloway signed that summer. Or Jordon Mutch for that matter. He was worth a go in that first season.
He wasn't even better than Owen Garvan
Old 18-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Very.

I remember Ambrose banging one in against Coventry a few years back
Old 18-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
He wasn't even better than Owen Garvan
That season, not many were. Our win percentage when he was in the team was great. It’s weird that his career went so badly off the rails after promotion.
Old 18-02-2018, 09:04 PM
"Stay gold, Pony Boy"

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Who knows what would happened but I think he would have been a useful option from the bench in the early months of the first season up. The promotion season we had, Murray, Moritz , Zaha and Bolaisie. Holloway had none of those available in August. Maybe keeping Andre a bit longer might have helped him a tad.
Old 18-02-2018, 09:50 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
That season, not many were. Our win percentage when he was in the team was great. It’s weird that his career went so badly off the rails after promotion.
Just didn't have the speed of movement, feet or thought at Premier League level. Contrary to popular belief, you don't get "more time" on the ball in the PL.
Old 18-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Just didn't have the speed of movement, feet or thought at Premier League level. Contrary to popular belief, you don't get "more time" on the ball in the PL.
Agree with that, but why didn’t he drop back down and start playing well again? He went to Colchester and was not great, and I’m not sure if he’s even playing now? Weird.
Old 19-02-2018, 09:36 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Moritz always came across as one of those players who was playing for a contract. Had a couple of very good games, but his career before and after seems to suggest he wouldn't have cut it in the PL.
Old 19-02-2018, 10:12 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The fact Garvan had a shot in the Prem ahead of him is the worst part.
Old 19-02-2018, 10:43 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I suspect that IH felt awkward telling him he wasn't being kept on so he was trying to be kind. I don't think he was a Premier League quality player. He was a sub most of the time in the Championship. Great to have him on the bench though just so that we could sing that some when the game got boring!
Old 19-02-2018, 11:06 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
He probably earnt his contract, and was technically sound. But the feeling was that he wasn't going to make the transition. Given we signed another 13 players plus the fact we never retained him shows how little he was thought of.

It's a shame - but the rest of his career shows we made the right choice.
Old 19-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
He probably earnt his contract, and was technically sound. But the feeling was that he wasn't going to make the transition. Given we signed another 13 players plus the fact we never retained him shows how little he was thought of.

It's a shame - but the rest of his career shows we made the right choice.
what happened with those 13, out of interest?
Old 19-02-2018, 11:49 AM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Peterborough away. We dominated but were 1-0down. Get Moritz out for the lads was the chant. He came on, and we got 2 late goals to stay top.

The incredible thing about one of thei goals was the fitness showed by KG.
Possibly the best 10 minutes I've ever experienced at a football ground. What a day to be a Palace fan that was.
Old 19-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Perhaps Holloway misunderstood the chant.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-02-2018, 11:58 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
I would love to bang in Debby Harry 20 years ago. I'd be over her in a flash, and probably wouldn't even wake her

So, Moritz. 5hlt happens. Or it doesn't
Old 19-02-2018, 12:05 PM

audreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
I would love to bang in Debby Harry 20 years ago. I'd be over her in a flash, and probably wouldn't even wake her

So, Moritz. 5hlt happens. Or it doesn't
blimey! philosophically deep statement , psychologically revealing too...wot was the question??.....
Old 21-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
I once dreamt that I slept with Debbie Harry, can never believe that dreams will come true unfortunately
Wouldn't want to now mate ... right minger ... If I may be so bold.
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with …. "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 22-02-2018, 07:25 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaws Eagle View Post
Wouldn't want to now mate ... right minger ... If I may be so bold.
FFS, she is 75
Old 22-02-2018, 07:36 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
Possibly the best 10 minutes I've ever experienced at a football ground. What a day to be a Palace fan that was.
Agreed. Mental scenes.
Old 22-02-2018, 07:39 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
My son’s first game.