Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-02-2018, 10:01 AM
...well, I was in '99...

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
By not being explicit, I suspect they are testing the mood.
I'm sure you are right - but why leave it so bloody late in the day? There could have been discusssions with fans about this much earlier in the season so that the final decision was known well in advance of the S/T renewal process.

All that this has done is sow discontent at the last possible moment. It's total ineptitude on the part of the club.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:02 AM

Ogilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People have got the hump with you Stevie, for not buying a goalkeeper and risking our premier survival by doing things on the cheap.

I know Brighty, but I'm gonna pss em off a bit more. Where's tHe one place in the ground where our most loyal punters sit?

The lower.

Ok well let's tell them on the morning of a home game that they can't renew as we are making changes. A Sunday morning a few hours before they meet the people that have met and mingled with for about 20 years.

That's ridiculous mate, let's do it on day when we're a couple of weeks from a home game.

Where's the fun in that? I'm a marketing genius. If we get humped by the spuds, I can point to the toxic atmosphere, Roy will have a breakdown, Dougie takes over, we pick the team, survive on the last day with a Jordan Mutch goal, I get hero status back, we sack that grass Doug and take on one of those ex Watford managers with the fancy dan name and buy back Yannick and Jobi for next season.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:02 AM
You looking at me?

Benny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBenny B Block was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
I have been block B long before the HF arrived and part of my match day enjoyment is seeing and chatting with those fans who have sat next and near me over many years. It will be just my luck I will be put next to the “Benteke, You’re a c*nt...” every two minutes heckler.

I don’t recognise our club nowadays.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:03 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
The fact that HF members have been posting on this and the other thread to support this move suggests to me that it's happening.

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogleboy View Post
If the HF are in the middle they will be standing up all game so everyone around them will be forced to stand as well. If my seat is moved I'm not renewing. Piss off Parish
IF, it is moving of the HF to block E I think you have nailed a significant point.
Other potential annoying factors are:

* Lateness and vagueness of the announcement
* inconveniencing people who wanted to renew their ST
* Forcing more fans around the HF (on either side, and behind) to stand - The PL may not be happy if this is shown on TV, and CPFC may be in for a rude awakening
* Obscuring other fans view of goals with their banners

This idea, if true, has not been given enough thought, and is already being badly executed

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 25-02-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
.and Malaga are being relegated.
Accurate precedent then.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 25-02-2018, 10:05 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly View Post
According to fsf (To view the link you have to Register or Login), it’s fine as long as a seat is provided. Safe standing would do that.

Celtic do it.
The Taylor report doesnt apply to Scotland, as far as I'm aware.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 25-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
Where's tHe one place in the ground where our most loyal punters sit?
The main stand
Old 25-02-2018, 10:11 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The main stand
splitters

Whitehorse Peoples Front
Old 25-02-2018, 10:13 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
It would be great to have them more central to make the atmosphere even better but I can see that being a big problem in terms of angering people who would have to move. Unless they can make a standing area happen.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:14 AM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
By not being explicit, I suspect they are testing the mood. If the reaction is hostlle, quietly shelve the idea and return next season with revised suggestions.
How’s this for a hostile reaction? The HF can go **** themselves. They contribute to the atmosphere in Block B and Block B alone by singing shit songs that nobody else likes. I’ve sat in Block E for years and they do my head in with their monotone shitery. They DO NOT contribute to the atmosphere in Selhurst Park as a whole. **** them.
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Safe standing would be great. If that means a few hundred people having to move (or renewing in a standing area) for the greater good, then so be it.

A similar argument can be applied to accommodating a greater atmosphere, but it'd need to be made very persuassively to convince people of the merits.
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’ve already emailed the box office complaining about the uselessly vague nature of the email.

How long is this purchase ban going to last? What exactly are the safety and security issues and why is the review being carried out now? What assurances can they give to current ticket holders about eventually renewing their seats? Will Lower Tier ticket holders receive any priority if they want to transfer to other areas of the ground?

These were the first questions that sprang to mind and none of this was addressed in the email.

I can’t make today because I had made arrangements to go away for the weekend before the fixture switched; I would love to hear what my regular neighbours for the last x years think of all this.
...well, I was in '99...

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
It would be great to have them more central to make the atmosphere even better
...big, big assumption right there...
Old 25-02-2018, 10:21 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I’ve already emailed the box office complaining about the uselessly vague nature of the email.

How long is this purchase ban going to last? What exactly are the safety and security issues and why is the review being carried out now? What assurances can they give to current ticket holders about eventually renewing their seats? Will Lower Tier ticket holders receive any priority if they want to transfer to other areas of the ground?

These were the first questions that sprang to mind and none of this was addressed in the email.

I can’t make today because I had made arrangements to go away for the weekend before the fixture switched; I would love to hear what my regular neighbours for the last x years think of all this.

Do you really think the club cares?

HF comes first, you can bet on all this being about them.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:24 AM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another shitty reason we are a poorly run club. terrible email to send at this late stage.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:25 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
So, the S/T renewal info finally comes out later than I can ever remember, and yet the club still haven't been able to tell 6,000 of their most loyal supporters when they can renew? This coupled with an "Early Bird" deadline that expires in less than 4 weeks' time (mid-March)?

What a f*cking shambles.

I'm preprared to lay a small bet that we won't see details on LH season tickets for at least a few weeks - which means that there will be virtually no time at all to buy them within the Early Bird window
This was my first thought and concern when I received the email this morning. Very poor and the club should make extend the early bird price to those they are prohibiting from using it at the moment.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:26 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also the wording worries me. “Not currently able to renew”.

Not buy, renew.

So people who currently aren’t season ticket holders can buy new tickets in the stand, and potentially my seat?

Poorly worded
Old 25-02-2018, 10:31 AM

Robin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Sat there since day 1. Day ******* 1. Literally wore a hard hat and picked my seat. Will be distraught if they move me.
We’re the same. My kids chose our seats when the stand was built. Why should we move to accommodate the mob who disgraced the club st Brighton.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
We can design a new stand, but can’t put out an email detailing why they are doing up the entire Holmesdale?

Backwards club with a L2 Infrastructure and National League South Communications Dept