Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 72 16.98%
PVA 24 5.66%
Tomkins 97 22.88%
TFM 15 3.54%
Wan-Bissaka 93 21.93%
Sorloth 28 6.60%
Riedewald 8 1.89%
Milivojevic 15 3.54%
McArthur 62 14.62%
Townsend 5 1.18%
Benteke 2 0.47%
Delaney 1 0.24%
CYL 2 0.47%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-02-2018, 03:10 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Cramp.

He didn't want to go off.

We didn't want him to go off.
Alright for next game hopefully then
Old 25-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
We defended with heart on a day that Spuds were not firing on all cylinders, if we had been offered 0-1 before the game i wonder how many would have taken is. Subs were totally ineffective, which is probably why RH prefers not to use them.

Hen 8 Mom - If it was not for his 3 or 4 good saves we would be in the relegation zone tonight. Maybe could have got more to the goal.
Wan-Bissana - 6 decent debut, made a few mistakes but was not punished for it.
TFM - 6 Played well, did a lot of clearing of the ball.
Tomkins 8 - pick of the defenders, once injured it was inevitable.
PvA - 5 hot and cold all game.
Luka 6 - captains performance
McArthur 7 - good
Reldaweld 6
Andros 6
Soloth 5 - We needed a little effort from him, especially in defending from the front. Looks useful with the ball though.
Benteke 6 - worked hard in the 2nd half, not a sniff at goal all game.

subs
Damo - came on to defend and didn't.
Lee - waste of space. Did he even touch the ball?
Old 25-02-2018, 03:11 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
PvA - 5 - good going forward but woeful defensively.
Nearly gifted them two goals. I'd play him left midfield for now.
That's harsh. He got absolutely no support, and was frequently left two on one.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:11 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
The Jairo Luka combination should be the heartbeat of the team going forwards in my opinion. They work very well together defensively and made a top outfit like Spurs struggle to play between the lines. As well as being very competent footballers on the ball.

We just crave a real number 10 in front of them to support the centre forward.

Both players on the upward trajectory in their careers so actually give a f●●k unlike others in the team.

Wan Bissaka looks promising, he'll only develop further with more game time.

I also like the look of Sorloth you could glimpses of his quality when he has the opportunity to attack and drive at Tottenham.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:12 PM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Powell View Post
Dreadful defending from Delaney for the goal was more interested in holding him than trying to stop him from scoring.Another dire performance from Benteke shows no interest should play Sorloth in the middle wasted on the wing.
Agree totally but in his defence coming on so late in the day and getting up to speed against probably the most in form player in the country is going to test even the best of centre halves. I'm more pissed off that it wasn't Jach who was asked to step up and play that sort of role, rather than an ageing Delaney.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:12 PM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey made a couple of hesitant panicked decisions but the save in the first half from Kane was outstanding.
Wan Bissaka had a decent debut
Van Aanholt - horrible defending at times but stuck at it.
TFM - did ok in the main. Relies on his pace to get him out of trouble a lot.
Tomkins- kicked and blocked everything. Excellent
Riedewald - no awareness at all, looks completely lost at this level
McArthur - disciplined performance. Seemed to be the one who dropped in to cover for others when they got caught upfield.
Milivojevic - in charge of the sticky tape that held us together
Sorloth - hmm I dunno. He's out of position and is a nuisance. Seeing very little quality technically.
Townsend - he is our only attacking outlet at the mo. But isn't good enough to have that responsibility. I think he misses wilf more than anyone.
Benteke - 27m quid worth of donkey meat at the moment. There's a player in him i am sure (we saw glimpses last year), but really having the season from hell.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:15 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneseagles View Post
I thought he did as well as anyone could have expected. Lots of hard work from most players but really think it is time to question the manager for insisting to start with Benteke, if most of the fans can see the problem why can't he?
If we actually had any back up Benteke wouldn't start....I kinda wish he'd pick up a niggling injury so that Sorloth could play up front with one of the youing guns playing off him. Benteke seems to have lost a few yards of pace, has no anticipation or acceleration, and doesn't boss the opposition (or for Niasse eh?)....in reality our season was f#cked once Sako broke his ankle (typical, the one gamer change we could call off the bench had finally found his form)

Overall I think the midfield and defence did well ...really like Wan Bissaka

Bringing on Delaney for an absent Jach, and Lee instead of Rakip, just brings into focus how appalling our transfer dealings have been.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:16 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I understand the sentiment but I’m not sure anyone can be dropped at the moment. We simply don’t have cover in reserve for any position.

It was a dire performance all round & I’m reluctant to give anyone MotM. The injuries have exposed our lack of depth, and with so many of them, Roy was forced to pick a team that was nowhere near good enough at this level.
We’re in big trouble, make no mistake
Old 25-02-2018, 03:17 PM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A mate was watching it at home on tv and texted me at half-time:

Dogged but at times looking fragile. Nothing much to offer up front. If we nick a draw it wouldnt be a disaster.

Absolutely spot on - everyone in that team worked very hard for the cause but we donít have any quality in the team. I appreciate the injuries but only Zaha of the 12 out injured has any cutting edge. Maybe Sako too. We havenít had it yet but we are probably going to need to go on a pretty good run in those last few winnable games. We all just need to hang in there.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:22 PM

Stonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStonewall : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Man of the match.........The referee.

Denied Spurs 2 definite penalties and 1 which on another day could have been given.

Massive gulf in class, was men against boys.
Man of the match was the lino 2nd half at the spurs end
He gave the corner not once but 3 times when the ball didnít go anywhere near out of play which led to thief winner
Old 25-02-2018, 03:23 PM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was good to see that Wan-Bissaka certainly not looking out of place. The odd mistake here and there but seemed dogged and determined enough when pressing and closing down. Perhaps we should show a little more faith in giving more than the odd run to some of our youngsters, because in a team environment these lads will only improve with better players around them.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:27 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Score flattered us. Nobody would be getting the 7s and 8s that some have given if spurs had scored the 3 or 4 they should have. I know we have terrible injuries but our inability to make a few passes or keep the ball is horrendous. I think we are bottom 3 team without Wilf.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:32 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Must have been watching a different game, I thought Jairo was dreadful. Weak, poor in possession and slow. Worrying.

Wan-Bissaka performed well in a tough game. Good luck to him, just needs confidence and that will come. I thought Sorlorth looked good again, a centre forward that puts in a shift and looks dangerous. Thought his touch, strength and turn of pace was encouraging. Staggered some think he wasnt any good, literally our only threat. Benteke was hard to watch again, he really has been poor. Does win headers though.

Jimmy Mac my MotM.

Men against boys.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Man of the match was the lino 2nd half at the spurs end
He gave the corner not once but 3 times when the ball didnít go anywhere near out of play which led to thief winner
Knew it might not be our day when Kevin Friend didn't bother with much of a warm up - while the linos were running Friend was chatting to the Spurs players in turn. Probably asking for signed Kane shirts for the linos. And judging by their performances were worthy recipients.

As you say, the corner that led to the goal was never a corner.

No surprise that Delli Diver wasn't booked for diving.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:33 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
It was good to see that Wan-Bissaka certainly not looking out of place. The odd mistake here and there but seemed dogged and determined enough when pressing and closing down. Perhaps we should show a little more faith in giving more than the odd run to some of our youngsters, because in a team environment these lads will only improve with better players around them.
When we were low on fit players for everton away game I said put him in team on the suggestion everton team debate I might try and dig it out see what fans said about our young player some who had probaly never seen him play not good enough ect.we have got a few good young players unluckily parish decided that you can't go and watch them now credit Roy for having faith in the kid.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:39 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
I understand the sentiment but Iím not sure anyone can be dropped at the moment. We simply donít have cover in reserve for any position.

It was a dire performance all round & Iím reluctant to give anyone MotM. The injuries have exposed our lack of depth, and with so many of them, Roy was forced to pick a team that was nowhere near good enough at this level.
Weíre in big trouble, make no mistake
The worry for me is that unlike any other team at the bottom , we have no pace no spark or creativity to win games . If honest after 5 seasons we still rely on Zaha .
Old 25-02-2018, 03:41 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
When we were low on fit players for everton away game I said put him in team on the suggestion everton team debate I might try and dig it out see what fans said about our young player some who had probaly never seen him play not good enough ect.we have got a few good young players unluckily parish decided that you can't go and watch them now credit Roy for having faith in the kid.
Although after the game RH did say he had no real choice with TFM in middle and Ward / Kelly injured .
Old 25-02-2018, 03:45 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RH 0 bringing on CYL when we are defending for our lives thats just rank bad management.

The rest worked hard with no quality to open up the Spurs defense all average 5/6. Tomkins 8 the best if it was cramp then it was another bad decision to take him off.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:46 PM

Robin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Disappointed with Sorloth. Looks like a Championship striker to me. Tomkins was our best player and I think we might have held on if he had stayed fit.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:46 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
That's harsh. He got absolutely no support, and was frequently left two on one.
That may be true but so often he dwelled on the ball and didn't clear his lines. He's a very poor defender but good going forward. He's a wing back at best but never a defender. I'd play him left midfield until Wilf is back .