Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 72 16.98%
PVA 24 5.66%
Tomkins 97 22.88%
TFM 15 3.54%
Wan-Bissaka 93 21.93%
Sorloth 28 6.60%
Riedewald 8 1.89%
Milivojevic 15 3.54%
McArthur 62 14.62%
Townsend 5 1.18%
Benteke 2 0.47%
Delaney 1 0.24%
CYL 2 0.47%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Tomkins mom. Went to rat shit when he went off
I think Roy probably regrets that substitution
Old 25-02-2018, 04:22 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Not sure I'd quite go as far as dreadful but I still haven't seen much to impress. Don't think he is quick enough or strong enough for this league.
What is he any good at? He is so weak in the tackle, gave the ball away at will, unimposing in the air and painfully slow.
Old 25-02-2018, 04:22 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
The sequence of Tomkins going down, then looking like he was okay, then having to be subbed, then Delaney coming on, then giving away the goal was like some particularly brutal conclusion to a Game of Thrones episode. Delaney is the Roose Bolton of Palace players.

Werner Herzog
Old 25-02-2018, 04:23 PM

TC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for youTC EAGLE is just too good for you
fosu mensah cannot play next game just hope Sakho, Ward and Kelly can make it
Old 25-02-2018, 04:23 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Riedewald doesn't look like he has the physique to really compete at this level. He looks overweight (not saying he is... but that is just his appearance to me) and he is struggling with the pace of the game.

The kind of player that will leave us and slip away into oblivion and will be a "do you remember..." style post in a number of years.
Old 25-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Bobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
The object of the game is to score. We had next to nothing in the final third.
Spurs had an off day & were still far better than us. I’m not blaming those players that were selected. Most are simply not good enough at this level.

As I’ve said previously, these injuries are killing us.
This. Player for player I'm not sure the starting 11 today were any better than the team we came up with 5/6 seasons ago.
Old 25-02-2018, 04:27 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
I know we were under strenght but did roy really thunk we would hold out playing like that for the whole match. We were lucky to go in at half time all square. We gave them nothing to think or worry about
Old 25-02-2018, 04:32 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
Riedewald doesn't look like he has the physique to really compete at this level. He looks overweight (not saying he is... but that is just his appearance to me) and he is struggling with the pace of the game.

The kind of player that will leave us and slip away into oblivion and will be a "do you remember..." style post in a number of years.
Yeah it's looking like that. And it is the pace that he's struggling. Picks a pass well when he has time but under pressure gives it straight to the opposition.

Werner Herzog

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Powell View Post
Dreadful defending from Delaney for the goal was more interested in holding him than trying to stop him from scoring.Another dire performance from Benteke shows no interest should play Sorloth in the middle wasted on the wing.
May as well play Sorloth instead of that fraud Benteke.

Sorloth had a few good moments, but I'm afraid just reinforced the fact that the January window was pure incompetence, neither of the three are good enough.
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
We started the match without a fit Speroni, Ward, Kelly, Sakho, Dann, Schlupp, Cabaye, Sako, Zaha, Wickham, Puncheon and Loftus Cheek. All of which would be serious candidates for the matchday 17. Then at the death we lost our 6th defender to injury and conceded when his replacement lost arguably the top goal scorer in the country. How s*** is this. As much as I understand the moaning about what the owners etc coulda/shoulda the loss today had everything to do with that injury list. The tactics and effort almost got us the point and it is gutting that at the death we gave it away at yet another set piece. We had little choice with the game plan today but at the same time I can't see how we survive if we can't find a way to put some sort of football together. Depressing. Prior to KO I probably would have settled for 1-0 because I half expected a thrashing that would see us tumble into the bottom 3 but right now it feels bad.

Hennessey - 7 - after a flaky early moment between him and Townsend I thought he settled and actually had a good game. I don't blame him for their goal because I don't see he could have taken the cross and you can hope for a save but not expect one in those circumstances. His save at the post was excellent and not one I expected. So fair play.

Bissaka - 6.5 - did pretty well and bearing in mind it was his debut you could add another 1/1.5 I guess for handling such a difficult challenge. Sensibly took no risks and just put his foot through it when he needed to.

Fosu-Mensah - 6.5 - Can be hard/scary to watch at times because he mixes his good play with some rash and wild stuff and can sucked out of position but his pace and determination wins through. Got better the longer it went on but needs to find some composure if he is playing there.

Tomkins - 7 - pretty solid but a bit disappointed that he went off with cramp. Can only assume it was very severe because normally they can get through the last minutes. Replacing him was always a problem and the reason we conceded.

PVA - 6 - very good going forward in flashes but some odd moments defensively.

Luka - 6.5 - good first half but we needed him to stamp some sort of composure or authority in the midfield and if anything he got quieter and quieter leaving his partner to that. Tough game for him and will need to pick the lads up as Skip.

Jairo - 7 - I thought he played very well alongside Luka and managed to get up and down the pitch as well as doing more than his share of covering. Would like to see him get a run in the team and encouraged a little.

Macca - 7.5 - albeit mainly defensive, he put in another huge shift.

Townsend - 6 - our most likely creative outlet but as ever struggled to find his form against Spurs. Hope he hasn't got a knock.

Benteke - 6 - some solid work but never threatened their goal or to dominate the defenders. Just can't see how we rely upon him to make the difference.

Sorloth - 6.5 - not great but worked very hard and was trying to make something happen despite being isolated. Flashes and hints of something but will need to find more if he is to help.
Old 25-02-2018, 04:33 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Not sure I'd quite go as far as dreadful but I still haven't seen much to impress. Don't think he is quick enough or strong enough for this league.
I think he'd be ok playing in the Milivojevic role alongside someone who is quick. But as a pair it's not for me.
Old 25-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
What numpty voted for Benteke as many of the match ? Maybe his mum is a member of this site ? .
No his Mum voted for Bassaka. I think Bentaki must be voting for himself, because let's face it, who else would?
Old 25-02-2018, 04:38 PM

desperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't look like scoring at one end and always look like conceding at the other

A series of poor transfer windows have left us short of genuine Premier League quality throughout the squad.

Two points from the last five games doesn't look like changing anytime soon. It's going to be a tough last ten games
It is five!
Old 25-02-2018, 04:38 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Hennessey 6 - two very good saves, but flapped at a number of balls played into the box which only added to the pressure on the defence, weak for the goal
Wan-Bissaka 6 - understandably tired toward the end, but acquitted himself well
Tomkins 7 - our best defender but then managed to injure himself joining in with the keystone cops style defending, near the end
TFM 6 - made some odd decisions in and around our box
PVA 5 - some amazingly poor defending at times, particularly liked the swing & miss that resulted in falling over and hurting himself, had a barny with Alli after the final whistle but didn’t bother hitting him
Luka 6 - him and Jairo largely worked well together to try to stem the flood of pressure
Jairo 6 - as above
McArthur 6.5 - probably our best non-defensive player but that’s not saying much
Townsend 5 - created little/nothing
Sorloth 5 - not a left midfielder, gave PVA no protection and tired badly toward the end, gave the ball away cheaply in the run up to their corner for the goal
Benteke 5 - will no doubt be the target again and he wasn’t great, but was no worse than Sorloth or Townsend

Delaney - would be harsh to mark him based on 10 minutes but was caught out for the goal
CYL - not on long enough
Old 25-02-2018, 04:40 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
I know we were under strenght but did roy really thunk we would hold out playing like that for the whole match. We were lucky to go in at half time all square. We gave them nothing to think or worry about
Well, it nearly worked, but 0-0 was the best we were ever going to get.
But I felt desperately sorry for the players, because they worked ever so hard to deny a top class team.
Understrength is putting it mildly though - No Zaha is a killer we know, but Cabaye, Ward and Sakho also being out, when we expected them to play, a few days ago, was just chronic.
And I really think if Tomkins (who was outstanding) had stayed on, we would have got a point.
As for these 2 mystery signings, what the **** is all this about ?? Are we ever going see Rakip put on a first team shirt, before he buggers off back to Benfica ? Absolute joke
Old 25-02-2018, 04:40 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post

What is the point of the Rakip and Jach signings? We needed help now but we messed up January badly. Credit to the players for working so hard but there was zero quality out there and the board has badly let Hodgson down.
Yeah I'm very pro SP but there's just no denying it, they've made a right pigs ear of the last 12 months, we made some good signing last Jan. which basically kept us up, this window we were in absolute dire need but only 1of the 3 made it onto the pitch today, If an academy lad, making his debut and Delaney came on when we have 12 first teamers out, what's indeed is the bloody point!?
Old 25-02-2018, 04:41 PM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Played with a lot of heart and commitment but the lack of quality showed. Defensively we were very shaky and our passing and ball retention was the worst I can remember. It was like the Pulis days but back then we had warriors.

Hennessey - 6 - would have been higher but for the mistake at the end for the goal. He never saves us.

Bissaka - 6 - good considering how tough the task was. Shaky to begin with but got better.
Tomkins - 7 - good as ever but made of glass
TFM - 4 - a truly awful central defender but much bette at right back. The challenge on Kane for the penalty that wasn't was shockingly bad.
PvA - 5 - good going forward but woeful defensively.
Nearly gifted them two goals. I'd play him left midfield for now.

Luka - 6 - solid as ever but gave it away sometimes
Riedewald - 5 - poor in possession but worked hard
McArthur - 6 - did a lot of good defensive work but restricted going forward

Townsend - 5 - can you please stand up and deliver Andros? His lack of end product is painful. One good cross aside he looks like a one trick pony. How many times does he cut back into his left and lose the ball?
Sorloth - 5 - not his position and he gave it away regularly. Start him in place of Benteke.
Benteke - 5 - another shit performance from someone who hasn't contributed all season. Can't bear to watch him.

Subs
Delaney - 2 - in there for one reason but got beaten by Kane in the air. Shouldn't have happened.
Lee - 3 - one touch I think.

What is the point of the Rakip and Jach signings? We needed help now but we messed up January badly. Credit to the players for working so hard but there was zero quality out there and the board has badly let Hodgson down.
I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment.
But also there is no disguising the fact this was a shambolic performance from a premiership club playing at home, as in reality this could/should have been a heavy defeat, which made losing in the last minute very disappointing. I would not deny we are hugely weakened as a team with an unbelievable injury list so this game was never going to produce much, but it was still sad to see such a disappointing home performance battling though it was, showed the folly in ignoreing what was needed to be done in the January window.
This clearly says there Must be a mass turn around in players needed for next season should we manage to survive and stay up.
Old 25-02-2018, 04:43 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
What is he any good at? He is so weak in the tackle, gave the ball away at will, unimposing in the air and painfully slow.
He can pick a pass and sometimes reads the game. But overall, I agree. As I said, I wouldn't quite go as far as dreadful but think he was a poor signing and don't think he's good.
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post

Completely agree.
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Knew it might not be our day when Kevin Friend didn't bother with much of a warm up - while the linos were running Friend was chatting to the Spurs players in turn. Probably asking for signed Kane shirts for the linos. And judging by their performances were worthy recipients.

As you say, the corner that led to the goal was never a corner.

No surprise that Delli Diver wasn't booked for diving.
According to the BBC, he was booked (for diving - third booking for diving in games apparently).