Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 72 16.98%
PVA 24 5.66%
Tomkins 97 22.88%
TFM 15 3.54%
Wan-Bissaka 93 21.93%
Sorloth 28 6.60%
Riedewald 8 1.89%
Milivojevic 15 3.54%
McArthur 62 14.62%
Townsend 5 1.18%
Benteke 2 0.47%
Delaney 1 0.24%
CYL 2 0.47%
Voters: 424. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-02-2018, 04:52 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wan-Bissaka - is he the new Clyne
Thought he looked good in pre-season, hope this breakthrough is the start of a sparkling career.
Old 25-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Couldn't fault the lads today. Everyone put in so much effort with a special mention to the back four especially to Wan Bissaka who looked far from out of place on debut. The truth is I'm afraid that our injuries are just too much to bear at the moment and replacing a player of the influence of Zaha would be difficult for any club outside the top six. We are paying the price for having such an unbalanced and shallow squad.
Old 25-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
The object of the game is to score. We had next to nothing in the final third.
Spurs had an off day & were still far better than us. I’m not blaming those players that were selected. Most are simply not good enough at this level.

As I’ve said previously, these injuries are killing us.
Actually we led Spurs 5-3 shots in the first half and 3-1 shots on goal despite having only 23% possession.
Who's the worst team, the one that couldn't defend or the one who couldn't score when gifted opportunities?

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 25-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Sorloth getting abuse despite it being his 2nd game, likely struggling for fitness and playing out of position.

Typical.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:03 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Sorloth getting abuse despite it being his 2nd game, likely struggling for fitness and playing out of position.

Typical.
Yes, pathetic.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:04 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Typical.
Yep while players who have been total shit all season like Benteke still gets the usual no service and poor crosses excuse for their poor performances.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:05 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment.
But also there is no disguising the fact this was a shambolic performance from a premiership club playing at home, as in reality this could/should have been a heavy defeat, which made losing in the last minute very disappointing. I would not deny we are hugely weakened as a team with an unbelievable injury list so this game was never going to produce much, but it was still sad to see such a disappointing home performance battling though it was, showed the folly in ignoreing what was needed to be done in the January window.
This clearly says there Must be a mass turn around in players needed for next season should we manage to survive and stay up.
I'd take staying up and learning the lessons but we've given ourselves a massive task. The board were asleep on the job in January.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:05 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
The sequence of Tomkins going down, then looking like he was okay, then having to be subbed, then Delaney coming on, then giving away the goal was like some particularly brutal conclusion to a Game of Thrones episode. Delaney is the Roose Bolton of Palace players.
I have no idea who roose Bolton is but I hate to see players like Delaney dissed when they have been great servants to the club in the past. He was brought in as a result of all the injuries not because he's been a great player this season. Yes, he lost Kane, but is that the difference between the man markers vs zone markers? Whatever happened to a defender on each post for corners? That would've put Hennessey in a central position and a greater chance of saving it.

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.

Old 25-02-2018, 05:09 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
I have no idea who roose Bolton is but I hate to see players like Delaney dissed when they have been great servants to the club in the past. He was brought in as a result of all the injuries not because he's been a great player this season. Yes, he lost Kane, but is that the difference between the man markers vs zone markers? Whatever happened to a defender on each post for corners? That would've put Hennessey in a central position and a greater chance of saving it.
I wasn't dissing him so much as saying whenever I see him on the field I know something bad's gonna happen. Not really a footballing observation - more a reflection on the painfully surreal experience of watching Palace at the moment.

Werner Herzog
Old 25-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Vermontster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Yep while players who have been total shit all season like Benteke still gets the usual no service and poor crosses excuse for their poor performances.
Exactly. I'd rather see sorloth as a lone striker and replace benteke with a midfielder who can contribute something. As the comm said, benteke is the kind of player who waits for the perfect cross to head in instead of working to get in position. I'm sick of defending this lump of lard

Old 25-02-2018, 05:12 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Man of the match.........The referee.

Denied Spurs 2 definite penalties and 1 which on another day could have been given.

Massive gulf in class, was men against boys.
Failed to book delli ali for diving. Enough said
Old 25-02-2018, 05:14 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It was a corner.
I disagree. I was about 2 metres away and the ball was barely rolling on the line let alone over it.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:20 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Man of the match.........The referee.

Denied Spurs 2 definite penalties and 1 which on another day could have been given.

Massive gulf in class, was men against boys.
You have to be joking about the penalties, unless it was at the Holmesdale end. Ali should have been booked for diving. I'd hate to have you as a manager. How do you think Spurs would cope with 11 injuries?
Tomkins mom for me.
The RB I thought very poor. Should have cleared for their last corner, was constantly needing help from TFM and kept passing to Spurs.
We had lot of luck but deserved a points for guts.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:20 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Typical.
Your threshold for what you consider to be abuse is extremely low.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:21 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post
I disagree. I was about 2 metres away and the ball was barely rolling on the line let alone over it.
I assume MotD will clear this up. They are usually right
Old 25-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought Jimmy Mac was our best today though we as a team were obviously not up there with Tottingham at least our lads know how to take throw ins . Well legally anyway . The Spurs bloke really was becoming a figure of fun along the Old Stand . We dug in and could have nicked a point and to be fair that was all we were ever going to get . Still a right downer though to have a point snatched from our grasp so late .

Its hard to judge our attacking players when they are asked to do so much defending and chasing lost causes though they do need to be more clinical when they get a half chance .
Onwards to the next match COYP
Old 25-02-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I wasn't dissing him so much as saying whenever I see him on the field I know something bad's gonna happen. Not really a footballing observation - more a reflection on the painfully surreal experience of watching Palace at the moment.
Even odder that we bought a CB in the transfer window who is so bad Delaney is considered infront of him. Is he really that bad.
Damo and Jules have given a lot to this club but now they are not good enough. Not dissing them simply stating facts.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:28 PM
Vermontster

Quote:
Fair enough, scares me too!

Old 25-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowboro eagle View Post
Does Benteke go down the gym after a match to burn some energy?!!
FFS. He is struggling but are you seriously saying he didn't run about. He was defending as much as attacking.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Vermontster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post
Would've been nice if VAR could've been called