Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:36 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Playing two up top has worked against Chelsea in the past.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:36 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
With no players returning from injury Iíd be tempted to keep it the same.

I actually think TFM is better than Kelly at cb but his weakness in the air is glaring and will be exploited by Giroud. That said the ability if Chelsea if shoot from the edge of the area is immense and TFM is much better at getting out to block those shots when they get past Luka and Jimmy than Kelly. Both equally prone to an error so itís a close one.

Wanny deserves another game I think. His drive and energy was good for the team yesterday. In addition of course to his technical performance. I thought his positioning, covering and ability going forward was better than weíve seen from TFM this season. Ward still the reliable option we need when heís back though
Old 06-03-2018, 12:43 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy won't drop Kelly, he'll value the experience.
Wonder if Fosu-Mensah could do a job in midfield if MacArthur is out ?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:46 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
I think itíll be

Hennessey

TFM Kelly Tomkins pva

Townsend luka McArthur schlupp

Sorloth Benteke

Subs
Calevieri
AWB
jach
Rakip
Souare
Reidewald
Lee

And if we take the lead abs are ahead in 60-65 mins sorloth off reidewald on sure up the midfield
Old 06-03-2018, 12:47 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
The difficulty is knowing what we will be up against. Chelsea have to score in the Nou Camp to progress so how much will Conte be thinking about that?

Already 5 points off 4th place the Champions League place is slipping as well, whilst the FA Cup the following week represents his most realistic chance of winning a trophy this season.

HE will know he will have to rotate his squad through these games so what will the priorities be, who might be rest where?

Suggestion above that Cahill would have Sorloth all wrapped up, but Cahill did not start last weekend, will he next?

If we knew Giroud and or Morata were starting it would lean towards Kelly for aerial ability and positioning. If we are facing a Pedro and Hazard attack then maybe TFM in for Kelly.

Going to be a tough one for Roy and at least for the past 2 games we have had a pretty good idea who we were going to face and how we could try to defend them.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:51 PM

NorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
TFM is no CB he dives in far too much and regularly is out of position. I think the same team as last night unless Sakho is back.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Smudging at Selhurst

smudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmudgerseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cant drop AWB after those two performances surely

Hope McArthur is ok we just cannot afford any more injuries

Disappointed to hear Roy say that no injured players expected back
Old 06-03-2018, 01:22 PM

Die hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I think itíll be

Hennessey

TFM Kelly Tomkins pva

Townsend luka McArthur schlupp

Sorloth Benteke

Subs
Calevieri
AWB
jach
Rakip
Souare
Reidewald
Lee

And if we take the lead abs are ahead in 60-65 mins sorloth off reidewald on sure up the midfield

I think youíre right......and I hope youíre right regarding the sub.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:35 PM

CPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbooker View Post
Macca seemed to be hobbling badly at the end of the game, hope its nothing too serious.
I've got a bad feeling he has broken his foot in that challenge right at the end. I hope to be proved wrong because he is so important on us staying up.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:37 PM

Die hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDie hard Hoj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For a more radical option.........I know, it won’t happen.

..............................Calevieri........... .....................
TFM..............Tomkins...........Kelly.......... ......PVA
......................Luka..........Reidewald..... .............
Wan-Bissaka............Townsend................Schlupp
...............................Benteke(only because he improved last night)
Old 06-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Sorloth will get swallowed up by Cahill. He isnít experienced enough to lead the lien against andefent back 3/4. Play him and Benteke again.
Cahill doesn't play these days - it's Rudiger, Christensen and the Spanish guy whose name I can't spell

I would worry about two in midfield, which is why I thought an extra midfielder would be key.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:42 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
What's all this talk of McArthur being injured? He looked to be hobbling a bit but didn't appear serious. That would be beyond farcical/unfortunate if he got injured.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:24 PM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does it really matter? Weve only got limited players available, sahkos bottled it jimmy mac may be out and weve still got Hennessey!
Old 06-03-2018, 05:25 PM

hihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Everyone was saying we had no youngsters coming thro yet Wan-Bissaka has proved he's up to the job having been given a chance. I would like to see Lokilo or Lumeka on the bench rather than Lee. Gives us a bit of speed option at least
Old 06-03-2018, 05:42 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
In recent years we have loaned out some of these youngsters down the leagues. Had they done well, then I’m sure Palace would have given them a chance when they returned. But I can only remember Kaikai attracting much praise elsewhere.

Several have been released and then pretty much disappeared. So it’s harsh to criticise the managers for not risking them, when recent history has demonstrated that they weren’t good enough (for the Prem nor the Championship).
Old 06-03-2018, 07:20 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Forget about Ward. Third choice right back now.
Nonsense. Ward was one of our best players before he got injured.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:26 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Forget about Ward. Third choice right back now.
Very dismissive of Joel who is still an excellent addition to the squad. Not suggesting he'd walk back in the team but as a utility player off the bench would have been ideal last night either as extra centre back or shore up the midfield.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:47 PM

Palace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hennessey
Fosu Mensah
Kelly
Tomkins
Van Aanholt
McArthur
Luka
Schlupp
Townsend
Benteke
Schlupp

Subs New gk, Wan Bissaka, Damo, Souare, Rakip, Lee and Riedewald

Last edited by Palace Mad; 06-03-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:31 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Mad View Post
Hennessey
Fosu Mensah
Kelly
Tomkins
Van Aanholt
McArthur
Luka
Schlupp
Townsend
Benteke
Schlupp

Subs New gk, Wan Bissaka, Damo, Souare, Rakip, Lee and Riedewald
Are we cloning Jeff? Is that allowed?
Old 06-03-2018, 10:09 PM

palace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Same again, but Calevieri in for Wayne. Sakho in, if he's fit for Kelly.