Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:21 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
blimey - terrible news

Morning after perspective

RIP
Old 06-03-2018, 09:23 AM

EastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastBerksEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Terrible news, RIP
Old 06-03-2018, 09:27 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
RIP but if you've got to go at least it was being at something he loved.

Wonder how many of the 51,801 are still on this mortal coil?
Old 06-03-2018, 09:28 AM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
1 here ....
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 06-03-2018, 09:33 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaws Eagle View Post
1 here ....
That's two of us. The 51,801 Club is born.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:50 AM

Who Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Moi aussi...

RIP to the poor guy last night.

Last edited by Who Cares?; 06-03-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Pressed send in error before completing post
Old 06-03-2018, 10:01 AM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am also here, so that is three.

Maybe start a new thread on this though...
Old 06-03-2018, 10:29 AM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
Very Sad news, RIP Fellow Eagle
Old 06-03-2018, 10:38 AM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP to the gentleman.

It absolutely wouldn’t have made a difference but I witnessed a monumental moment of stupidity from a steward on the entrance to Park Road from Selhurst Road whose first inclination was to talk to the crew of the racing ambulance before being told in no uncertain terms to move the cones out of the road so they could get through.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:06 PM

NorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkNorthernEagle80 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
RIP, terrible for the family! Saw him having CPR just before the ambulance arrived.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:08 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP. And I thought I had a bad night loosing two season tickets. Puts into perspective.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:15 PM

BollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBollockyBill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
RIP but if you've got to go at least it was being at something he loved.

I'm another from back then. Although my brother, who run on the pitch at half time to attempt a cartwheel on the centre spot and got thrown out, was killed 12yrs ago.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Probationary User

jirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejirapa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I very rarely post on the BBS, but i feel like i must as it was my uncle who died last night.
I would like to tell you that he was a lovely man, who first stood on the holmesdale grass bank in the early fifties with his grandfather, and his younger brother. He rarely missed a home game over that near 70 year period, witnessed all the up's & down's - but mainly up's - over those years and was one of the 51,801 on that fabulous night. He was also there to see Bobby Moore lift the World Cup for England in '66.
He done well.
Many thanks on behalf of our family for all your kind words of condolence, its much appreciated. He will be very much missed, but was not alone when the time came.
The last time i saw him was when my Dad & me dropped him off after a defeat to West Ham it was a poor game, it was a poor result, but my uncle was a eternal optimist always seeing the positives, believing.
The last words he said then were the same he used after every game and at the end of every phone call with my Dad - Up The Palace!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:56 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirapa View Post
I very rarely post on the BBS, but i feel like i must as it was my uncle who died last night.
I would like to tell you that he was a lovely man, who first stood on the holmesdale grass bank in the early fifties with his grandfather, and his younger brother. He rarely missed a home game over that near 70 year period, witnessed all the up's & down's - but mainly up's - over those years and was one of the 51,801 on that fabulous night. He was also there to see Bobby Moore lift the World Cup for England in '66.
He done well.
Many thanks on behalf of our family for all your kind words of condolence, its much appreciated. He will be very much missed, but was not alone when the time came.
The last time i saw him was when my Dad & me dropped him off after a defeat to West Ham it was a poor game, it was a poor result, but my uncle was a eternal optimist always seeing the positives, believing.
The last words he said then were the same he used after every game and at the end of every phone call with my Dad - Up The Palace!
So very sorry for you loss. Thoughts are with you at this terrible time.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:56 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Quote:
He done well.
Thank you for coming on at such a difficult and sad time for yourself and the family.

Reading what you say of your Uncle adds to his 'Palace Story' for the many like me who did not know him but see the fellow fan with whom we all share the joys and the rollercoaster ride in following our beloved Club.

RIP.

And as he would say, UP THE PALACE!
Old 06-03-2018, 12:57 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Sorry for your troubles, jirapa. RIP to your uncle and Up the Palace.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:58 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
He done well.
Sounds like an amazing Palace man. Sorry for your loss. And you must have many happy memories.

And in a paradox of how the game went, I'm sure he'd have maybe seen the funny side. All the best to you and yours.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
He done well.
Many condolences to you and your family.

Up the Palace.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:02 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
RIP.

Thoughts with you jirapa and all your family.

UP THE PALACE!
Old 06-03-2018, 01:04 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
He done well.
Very sorry for your loss.