Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 06-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Got there, after school, and found my usual place in the Holmesdale.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:49 PM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was in the Arthur with 3 other school mates and they vowed to be proper fans afterwards, needless to say they were no where to be seen within a season.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:53 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Old Stand Enclosure. With my dad. RIP.

Sad to think how many more of that 52,000 are no longer with us.
I went to both games with a former colleague Mike Screech and his son. Sadly lost contact with Mike a number of years ago.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:56 PM

Alfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yep was there on the holmesdale
Old 06-03-2018, 07:05 PM

French Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dad and myself Arthur wait stand front row I may even have my old season tickets somewhere I think
Old 06-03-2018, 07:05 PM

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got in the Holmesdale around 05.30 and was packed by then. I can remember repeated announcements over the loud speaker system asking people to move forward to let more in. I think that the turnstiles closed around 06.30. I have a vivid memory of thousands climbing over the panel fence behind the Holmesdale to get in and the road behind being jam packed. God knows how many people were actually in the Holmesdale that evening. At least 25,000 I would gamble. Another thing that sticks out in my memory is the Holmesdale doing a superb rendition of “Walk On” in the second half. Brought tears to my eyes and sent shivers down my spine. What an evening that was.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:06 PM

StanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In the old Stand enclosure with my mum, dad, sister and brother. I was fourteen at the time. Ran on the pitch at the end. What a night!
Old 06-03-2018, 07:14 PM

jeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
Can we make this more select and restrict to those who were at Orient the week before as well?
Went to both games as well as a 19 year old there was a group of us from the Beckenham area .. up the back of the away end at Orient when Swindlehurst leapt at the back post to meet Sansoms cross ....Middle of the Holmesdale for Burnley game.. packed in like sardines and then into the Grace afterwards en-route back home ... happy memories

Last edited by jeffers1960; 06-03-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:23 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Orient and Burnley (Holmesdale) for me. Walked 2.5 miles to ground due to traffic, unforgettable evening of drama.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:33 PM

jackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"Crystal Palace were magnificent last weekend as they crashed Steven Gerrard’s party, changed the music without asking, took the most expensive beer from the fridge, and plonked themselves down on the most comfortable chair with their boots up on the coffee table." (May 2015)

Last edited by jackstacks; 06-03-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:34 PM

jackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Arthur for me. 15 years old. My Dad had taken me to Orient the week before.

The 2-0 is never to be forgotten. Such happy memories. The place erupted when number one went in. The second was pure jubilation. On the pitch at the end. We all were, weren't we? Kind of.....

Priceless memory that you could not adequately describe in any way to someone who was not there. Just like Villa Park.

We are in trouble at the moment but this damned club is an addiction and always comes up with the goods in providing priceless memories.
"Crystal Palace were magnificent last weekend as they crashed Steven Gerrard’s party, changed the music without asking, took the most expensive beer from the fridge, and plonked themselves down on the most comfortable chair with their boots up on the coffee table." (May 2015)

Last edited by jackstacks; 06-03-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:35 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lasting memory was standing in the Supporters Club toilet after the game having a leak next to George Graham (he was also having a leak).
Old 06-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Mike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
was at the top of the Holmesdale & on the pitch at the end.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:51 PM

montrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Holmesdale end, from about 6.00 pm. That night, Selhurst Park was the centre of the Universe.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Present Sir.

Holmesdale, midway up, right of the goal.

In hindsight it was pretty scary being crammed in like that, but at the time was OK. Glad I didn't have to pee once an hour like these days!
It’s unbelievable what we used to put up with back then when you think about it, it was so dangerous surging backwards and forwards with all that concrete and metal posts.And if it was so packed and you felt something moist down your back it meant someone behind didn’t bother try to get to the toilet!!

I definitely need my seat these days, I get back ache and cold feet standing at Bromley F.C.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:11 PM

cheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
forgot to say earlier , was in the Holmesdale half way up , when swindlehursts goal went in found myself near the bottom complete mayhem ,happy times was 16
Old 06-03-2018, 08:12 PM
People are People

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Holmesdale End - quite near the back to the right as you look out to the pitch.

13 years old with my dad (RIP), who only went to games occasionally. I usually went with my eldest brother Karl (RIP) but that night he was with some mates - think he was hoping to make a night of it. Sure enough, I heard afterwards that he ran on to the pitch and ended up going to a pub somewhere to celebrate.

My dad always insisted we left early to beat the rush and straight after the second goal he just grabbed my hand and we headed home. I was a bit gutted because I wanted to stay to right to the end - though he made up for it slightly as he bought me a bag of chips from the chippie near the corner of Melfort Road as we walked home to Norbury.

...now I never leave a game early...

Last edited by firesign; 06-03-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Yep on the pitch at the end...Ended up in a pub on Mitchem common how the feck I got there I don't know..Then got a train to Maidstone where I was staying/working.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:20 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
It’s unbelievable what we used to put up with back then when you think about it, it was so dangerous surging backwards and forwards with all that concrete and metal posts.And if it was so packed and you felt something moist down your back it meant someone behind didn’t bother try to get to the toilet!!

I definitely need my seat these days, I get back ache and cold feet standing at Bromley F.C.
Yep, also the Ibrox disaster in 1971 was still pretty fresh in our minds at that time - well after the fact anyway.

I used to get cold feet going to Millwall!
Old 06-03-2018, 08:29 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In a regular league away game the orient game must have been our biggest away following when goal went in seemed palace fans in most areas