Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:30 PM

Eagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
If true it stars to make us look an awful lot stronger. Options at CB, Options in both full back positions, options in midfield, options out wide and options up front. Those players who miss out on the starting 11 will give us a much stronger bench to play with.
Let's hope so. We've given the teams around us enough of a head start, time to leave em behind and shoot up the table
Old 08-03-2018, 02:49 PM

Loughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLoughlan torowz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

Roy is the boy as far as I am concerned
Wholly agree Martin. But I am not convinced Roy is totally Steve Parish's long-term "cup of tea" from a few interviews I have heard. Am I getting the wrong vibes?
Old 08-03-2018, 02:52 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughlan torowz View Post
Wholly agree Martin. But I am not convinced Roy is totally Steve Parish's long-term "cup of tea" from a few interviews I have heard. Am I getting the wrong vibes?
Imagine my shock
Old 08-03-2018, 03:03 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Yes.People have already said its working today and I watched last weeks press conference using itlast week.

Well as they put it out on Twitter that it wasnít working last week, thatís strange. Iím sure that was last week but I could be wrong.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:19 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I think AWB keeps his place for the time being. It's now up to other players to put pressure on him for a starting position.

I doubt we'll see Wilf on Saturday. Would be a big risk.
AWB at RB makes Andros much more effective (based only on the Man U game) as an attacking element.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only decision appears to be TFM for Kelly or not? TFM for me but only just. Bit more mobile, both are prone to silly errors but TFM just edges it.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:36 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
I reckon it may not be until Liverpool at home we see the return of Wilf and Sakho.

Chelsea just a bit too soon for Wilf and Huddersfield a risky game to bring him back in for judging by how they targeted him last time out.
We don't have the time to not take risk against Huddersfield. If he is half fit he plays as game is massive.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:39 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle View Post
We don't have the time to not take risk against Huddersfield. If he is half fit he plays as game is massive.
Rubbish.

If he is half fit he is not as effective and it might not change that result. It might however put him out for the rest of the season and out of the 6 winabble games we have in April/May.

As RH said the temptation is to bring people back quickly, fortunately i think RH has been doing this long enough to know not to risk 18 points for the sake of 3.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:44 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Rubbish.

If he is half fit he is not as effective and it might not change that result. It might however put him out for the rest of the season and out of the 6 winabble games we have in April/May.

As RH said the temptation is to bring people back quickly, fortunately i think RH has been doing this long enough to know not to risk 18 points for the sake of 3.
If half fit, it makes sense to have him on the bench, if we're 3-0 down/up then save him for the following week. If result is on a knife-edge bring him in for the last 20-25 mins.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
It depends on what basis he is considered "half fit".

If the injury hasn't healed fully, then even having him on the bench would be a risk - but it doesn't sound like that is the case. If it is just match fitness, then as with Wickham, having him on the bench gives options at the end of the game if we're chasing it.

From what Roy said, it seems definitely the latter, and as he has been doing a lot of fitness work on his own, I suspect he won't be that far off match fitness.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:56 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
If half fit, it makes sense to have him on the bench, if we're 3-0 down/up then save him for the following week. If result is on a knife-edge bring him in for the last 20-25 mins.
Absolutely.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
I reckon it may not be until Liverpool at home we see the return of Wilf and Sakho.

Chelsea just a bit too soon for Wilf and Huddersfield a risky game to bring him back in for judging by how they targeted him last time out.
Don't be ridiculous - if he's fit for Huddersfield he will play.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:32 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Based on comments on here , I am not so confident as some . Sakho has not trained yet and Zaha has done very basic training . I take that as being we are unable to judge if their injuries have cleared until they start proper contact training and movement . Surprised no one asked about RLC Cabaye Ward and McArthur ?
Old 08-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughlan torowz View Post
Yes you are
Old 08-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wickham joined in training today. Sly old fox Roy kept that quiet !
Old 08-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Would love to see Wickham back.

He is well up for a knuckle!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 08-03-2018, 06:15 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
Would love to see Wickham back.

He is well up for a knuckle!
This exactly. He's not a world beater but he doesn't hide away.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:18 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
Summary from club Twitter feed

RH: [Asked about Saturday's 'London derby'] Although it's a London game I wouldn't know if this one is more important to the fans than Arsenal or Tottenham or West Ham as a local derby. Brighton is the main one.
He gets it!
Old 08-03-2018, 06:28 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumie Allan View Post
Well as they put it out on Twitter that it wasnít working last week, thatís strange. Iím sure that was last week but I could be wrong.
Yes, it was a coupleof weeks ago....so hardly "Never" working.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 08-03-2018, 06:31 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Based on comments on here , I am not so confident as some . Sakho has not trained yet and Zaha has done very basic training . I take that as being we are unable to judge if their injuries have cleared until they start proper contact training and movement . Surprised no one asked about RLC Cabaye Ward and McArthur ?
This