Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-03-2018, 01:34 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
2026 World Cup

As I am stuck in my apartment waiting for the gas company to do its annual checkup, I thought I'd start a thread on the 2026 World Cup. There are only two bids: Morocco and a joint bid from Canada/Mexico/USA. Strangely, I can't find odds on who will be picked to host even though the decision is going to be made on June 13th. If you want to waste a good part of your day, you can To view the link you have to Register or Login, all 538 pages of it. You can also check out To view the link you have to Register or Login measly 193 page bid book. Arguably, the biggest weakness in the Moroccan bid is their lack of venues. They've targeted 9 new stadiums for the World Cup and plan to renovate the other 5. The North American bid has an army of stadiums all ready to go. Their bid has 23 venues that will be pared down in the run-up to 2026.
Old 28-03-2018, 01:52 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I'd vote for Morocco.
Old 28-03-2018, 01:52 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
I'll let one of the Moroccan BBS'ers post the planned Moroccan stadia while I'll do the US.

Atlanta (Mercedes-Benz Stadium) - 75,000 - Planned Semi-Final

Baltimore (M&T Bank Stadium) - 70,976

Boston (Gillette Stadium) - 70,000

Cincinnati (Paul Brown Stadium) - 67,402

Dallas (AT&T Stadium) - 92,967 - Planned Semi-Final

Denver (Mile High Stadium) - 77,595

Edmonton (Commonwealth Stadium) - 56,418

Guadalajara (Estadio Akron) - 48,071
Old 28-03-2018, 01:56 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
No doubt the obvious call would be Canada/USA/Mexico... but both USA and Mexico have had their World Cups. The idea is to spread it around. Morocco sounds fun - a better call than Qatar!

Oh and aren't half those pitches plastic at this time?
Old 28-03-2018, 02:07 AM
Panty Organizer

Houston (NRG Stadium) - 72,220

Kansas City (Arrowhead Stadium) - 76,640

Los Angeles (Rose Bowl) - 88,432

Los Angeles (Hollywood Park Stadium) - 70,000 est

Mexico City (Azteca Stadium) - 87,523 - Opening Match

Miami (Hard Rock Stadium) - 67,518

Monterrey (BBVA Bancomer Stadium) - 53,460

Montreal (Olympic Stadium) - 55,822

Old 28-03-2018, 02:18 AM
Panty Organizer

Nashville (Nissan Stadium) - 69,722

New York/New Jersey (MetLife Stadium) - 87,157 - Proposed Final

Orlando (Camping World Stadium) - 65,000

Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field) - 69,328

San Francisco Bay Area (Leviís Stadium) - 70,909

Seattle (CenturyLink Field) - 69,000

Toronto (BMO Field) - 45,500

Washington, DC (FedEx Field) - 70,659

Old 28-03-2018, 02:26 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
No doubt the obvious call would be Canada/USA/Mexico... but both USA and Mexico have had their World Cups. The idea is to spread it around. Morocco sounds fun - a better call than Qatar!

Oh and aren't half those pitches plastic at this time?
C'mon man. You've been here long enough to know the artificial turf pitches today are nothing like plastic. Not sure if FIFA will still require real grass in 2026 but that won't be a problem, we were rolling out grass pitches in the Silverdome in 1994.
Old 28-03-2018, 03:15 AM
The Spiky One

I remember the Silverdome... lots of 6 foot square pallets of real grass all linked together.

I'm sure FIFA will still require it.

As I said Canada/USA/Mexico is an obvious choice, much like Wembley keeps getting all these Euro Cup Finals... but it sucks.
Old 28-03-2018, 09:11 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Morocco would be interesting, passionate and not at all sterile. Bored with the corporate-infested US getting Olympics and World Cup again. Mexico would be worth it to see the culling of Russian hoolies. Canada? Stick to ice-hockey and beaver hunting.
Old 28-03-2018, 09:19 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
A 3 country joint bid sounds ridiculous. I hope Morocco win, but I doubt they will.
Old 28-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
That end at Seattle is weird.
Old 28-03-2018, 10:21 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
That end at Seattle is weird.
One of the best NFL stadiums around (this is where the NFL is played) as is the case for a lot of the grounds on this list (Philly, Kansas, NY, San Fran, Atlanta)
Old 28-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
isnt there a requirement that FIFA/UEFA Elite stadiums have to have a large percentage of the stadium covered by roofs, most of those American NFL stadiums are all uncovered, and aren't there requirments for hospitality and media areas in these stadiums, surely The Rosebowl cant be considered to host WC matches any more?
Old 28-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Into the fray...

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Two thoughts

Why only 2 bids?
Why didn't England bid?
Old 28-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Into the fray...

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Two thoughts

Why only 2 bids?
Why didn't England bid?
Old 28-03-2018, 10:37 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Two thoughts

Why only 2 bids?
Why didn't England bid?
presumably because the last three World Cups by this time would have been South America, Europe and Asia. So that means they can't bid again. Leaving Africa and North America.
Old 28-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Into the fray...

We are well overdue.

Most of the other 'Big' nations have already hosted twice - Brazil, Germany, Italy and France.
Old 28-03-2018, 10:40 AM
Into the fray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Nash View Post
presumably because the last three World Cups by this time would have been South America, Europe and Asia. So that means they can't bid again. Leaving Africa and North America.
Is that right?

Between 1934 and 1958 4 out of 5 WCs were in Europe. I'm guessing that would no longer be allowed.
Old 28-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Is that right?

Between 1934 and 1958 4 out of 5 WCs were in Europe. I'm guessing that would no longer be allowed.
No because more countries are capable of hosting it now. Apparently it changed in 2006. Part of Blatter's 'vote for me and i'll give you a World Cup' policy no doubt.

From wikipedia:

Following the selection of the 2006 World Cup hosts, FIFA had decided on a policy for determining the hosts of future editions. The six world confederations—roughly corresponding to continents—would rotate in their turn of providing bids, for a specific edition, from within their member national associations. This system was used only for the selection of the 2010 (South Africa) and 2014 World Cup (Brazil) hosts, open only to CAF and CONMEBOL members, respectively.

In September 2007, the rotation system came under review, and a new system was proposed which renders ineligible for bidding only the last two World Cup host confederations. This proposal was adopted on 29 October 2007, in Zurich, Switzerland by FIFA's Executive Committee. Under this policy, a 2018 bid could have come from North America, Asia, Europe, or Oceania, as Africa and South America are ineligible. Likewise, no CONMEBOL member could have made a 2022 bid, and candidates from the same confederation as the successful 2018 applicant would be disregarded in the 2022 selection procedure.

The United States, the last non-European candidate in the 2018 bidding cycle, withdrew its bid for that year; hence the 2018 tournament would have to be held in Europe. This in turn meant that South America and Europe were ineligible for 2022
Old 28-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought it was so nailed on that US (group) bid were having 2026 that nobody else bothered! (Morocco aside)
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.