Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 17-10-2002, 04:07 PM

Bobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
No-one willing to finish the details off then ....?

Today's question:

Who was the first Palace defender to score a hat trick for the club ?

Against who, and when ???
I'm sure I remember Ian Evans scoring a hattrick back in the seventies, possibly against QPR?

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 17-10-2002, 04:17 PM
GET A WADDLE ON!

Barney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by Stumpy
Oh Barney Gumble what a hero you are.
I wish i was like you
You can't, your too short, too ugly and your willy is too small, ask yer misses........didn't you wonder why you can't touch the sides any more. your sister will also vouch for me..........
Old 17-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was sitting with Ian Evans family during that match - his brother's a friend of mine - and as you can imagine, they were on cloud 9. As I recall, all 3 goals were headers.

Don't think it was against QPR though, Bobby. Was it against Cambridge? Or if not, Gillingham?
Old 17-10-2002, 04:26 PM

Bobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Hart
I was sitting with Ian Evans family during that match - his brother's a friend of mine - and as you can imagine, they were on cloud 9. As I recall, all 3 goals were headers.

Don't think it was against QPR though, Bobby. Was it against Cambridge? Or if not, Gillingham?
You're probably right, I think I'm confused because he played for or coached QPR (didn't he?).

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 17-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Play - Squeeze

leekent1 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by leekent1

I remember Ian Evans scoring three against Chester on a warm August day in (I think) 1975.
I'm still sure it was Chester.
Old 17-10-2002, 04:34 PM

Stumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basis
Oh Mr Gumble they have told me that you are such a stud in bed and have never felt anything like it before, they all claim it is the 20 stone you have to push it in with and the whole of the world agrees as that Webcam your neighbour has, has been sending the images of you all round the world for 12 months
Old 17-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever say
Well done Leek (and others )

Ian Evans v Colchester was the answer.

The Davies details posted were correct too

And as you answered that one early .....

Here's a more tricky one:

Who is the Palace midfielder/winger who has scored the most goals for the club playing IN THAT POSTITION ?
Old 17-10-2002, 04:42 PM
GET A WADDLE ON!

Barney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBarney Gumble was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I hope it is a wide angled lens otherwise it would not get my big @rse and huge custard chucker in the same shot.

I still wanna know if Dean Gordon scored a hat trick away to Stoke. Do you recall this Stumps. I am sure one was a pen, one was a free kick, and one was a thump in the top left.

Come on people, throw me a frickin bone here...............
Old 17-10-2002, 04:43 PM

Anerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Barney Gumble

I still wanna know if Dean Gordon scored a hat trick away to Stoke. Do you recall this Stumps. I am sure one was a pen, one was a free kick, and one was a thump in the top left.

Come on people, throw me a frickin bone here...............
was against WBA two were pen's (i think) one was a header.
Old 17-10-2002, 05:03 PM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Anerley Eagle
was against WBA two were pen's (i think) one was a header.
We were 3-0 up by halftime. The second half saw the use of tin hats and sandbags as we were under the cosh for 45mins.

A classic game of two halves, Brian.
Old 17-10-2002, 05:32 PM

Stumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basis
I dont really care. All this talk of Hat-tricks and 3-0 up by half time just makes me depressed.
Old 17-10-2002, 05:40 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Who is the Palace midfielder/winger who has scored the most goals for the club playing IN THAT POSTITION ?
Peter Taylor?
Old 17-10-2002, 05:40 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever sayarussell is saying so much more than just words could ever say
Sorry Goooders - but no
Old 17-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Vince Hilaire?
Old 17-10-2002, 05:46 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did you mean in one season, or in his whole Palace career?

Eddie McGoldrick?
Old 17-10-2002, 06:03 PM

Was it Stan Collymore during his role as a winger hahaha
Old 17-10-2002, 06:05 PM

Quote:

Do you mean midfielder or winger, in which case I guess Steve Kember.

If you mean someone who played in midfield and the wing, then maybe John Salako?

Quote:
Old 17-10-2002, 06:06 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's probably Don Rogers
Old 17-10-2002, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AJ
It's probably Don Rogers
Wouldn't have thought that be played anough games and I only remember him playing on the wing.

I'm really confused by this midfielder/winger description, I can't think of anyone who you would call a winger and a midfielder.

Quote:
Old 17-10-2002, 06:31 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Woodruff
Wouldn't have thought that be played anough games and I only remember him playing on the wing.

I'm really confused by this midfielder/winger description, I can't think of anyone who you would call a winger and a midfielder.
Actually, thinking about it, it is probably a non-answerable question, as, there is always confusion over a position. Johnny Byrne played many games for Palace out wide, not as a central forward. Does he count?.

Andy Gray scored 51 goals for Palace, some from midfield, some from winger and a number from forward.

Phil Barber(41) and John Salako(34) also played in midfield and wide, plus they also played as forwards.

Steve Kember(38) and Peter Taylor(39) were not forwards, so, they could qualify.

But, I think the answere AR is looking for is George Clark, who scored 105 from the outside-right position back in the 20's.