Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 27-03-2003, 02:20 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gig News and Reviews

I thought it's about time we had a separate thread for this.

We can use it for any news or reviews on upcoming gigs. That way we can probably fill Brixton Academy in Red and Blue shirts when the Music next play at Brixton and pester Baloo for a beer.
Old 27-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

I'll take the opportunity of promoting the Bluetones current tour then. I saw them at Tunbridge Wells Forum on the second date of their 50-something date tour, and they were excellent - they're only playing small venues and they're showcasing a load of new stuff, all of which sounded excellent. If they're playing near you, go and seeing them. Click here for their website and tour dates: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-03-2003, 02:43 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If anyone is interested, Avril Lavigne tickets for TONIGHT are on sale at Ticketweb.

I got some for my daughter yesterday for last night. It would have been a good one for her if she had not been mugged on the way out!!
Old 27-03-2003, 04:16 PM
The Time Has Come...!

kit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Going to see Eminem on the 21st June!!!
Old 27-03-2003, 07:03 PM

as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216
Get ready for my Wildhearts review - first weekend in May
Old 27-03-2003, 08:00 PM

pubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the best
I saw that Swedish bunch Sountrack of Our Lives on Friday. Cracking stuff. He can't half move for a fat bloke.
Old 27-03-2003, 08:03 PM

pubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the bestpubmonkey is the best
I saw the Coral a few weeks back they were dead good, for a bunch of scousers. The "main attraction" was Supergrass, but they sucked. So I ••••ed off.

Bootleg Beatles next, innit. Then Spiritualized and then those Flaming Lips. That be April.
Old 27-03-2003, 08:24 PM

Coulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Good idea for a thread, well done Del. Like me, there must be loads of people on here who don't get to hear about gigs in and around London, specially for the not so fashionable bands, most of the time the first i know about a gig is when someone says 'oh i saw so-and-so last night, too late then.
Here's my offering...

HAWKWIND
London Astoria
May 25th
Supported by Doctor and the Medics.
Old 27-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Anyway manage to catch Feeder on their recent visit to Brixton Academy? Gutted that I had to miss the gig.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 27-03-2003, 08:47 PM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
mull historical society next Thursday SBE, meeting Neil the Eagle there.
saw a cracker last Friday, Turin Brakes, got a little special last Sat of the season, Stags at home to Cobblers, then snip off up to Bridlington Spa to see The Music. El Aguila will be happy to know that we have Yo La Tengo pencilled in for May...as well as Shed 7.
this summer is going to be unmatched in stonking gig attendances.
and yes, I saw the Bluetones too, and they were enormous.

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 28-03-2003, 11:14 AM

Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Hooray! A long-running thread for me to read.

The only gig I have on the cards at the moment is REM at Move Festival in July. Also thinking of Glastonbury ,since my 2 favourite bands are headlining, if anyone else I know goes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Thanet Eagle
Anyway manage to catch Feeder on their recent visit to Brixton Academy? Gutted that I had to miss the gig.
Though I try and go to gigs fairly regularly (probably been to about 15, of which about 10 of those have been in the last year or so), my younger sister seems to manage to go to even more than I do: she went to that one (4th time she's seen Feeder), she said they were really good, I can pass on any other info, if you want to know more!

Last edited by Twyford Bee; 28-03-2003 at 11:17 AM.
Old 28-03-2003, 11:25 AM
www.b00mb0x.org

I'm thinking of seeing Cave-In at the London ULU with my son. Does anyone know of any age restrictions there?
Old 28-03-2003, 11:33 AM

Lord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a hero
I saw Coldplay at the Albert Hall on Monday night. They were amazing. I recommend people try and see them.

Public Enemy at the Forum next week and the the Coral at the Astoria the week after. I can't wait.
Old 28-03-2003, 11:35 AM

PENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnPENGE P lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Off to see Mide Ure Sunday Wimbeldon Theatre
Old 28-03-2003, 11:37 AM

Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Quote:
Originally posted by Del Gland
I'm thinking of seeing Cave-In at the London ULU with my son. Does anyone know of any age restrictions there?
Acccording to To view the link you have to Register or Login, there's no general age limit but it may depend on the event.

"Gigs and tours" and "Aloud" don't seem to mention an age limit, though.
Old 28-03-2003, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Muffin
I saw Coldplay at the Albert Hall on Monday night. They were amazing. I recommend people try and see them.
I want to see them, but not so much that I want to pay £40 to do so, especially if I can't stand up. I thought about buying restricted view ticket because they were so much cheaper. I can get a whole day at V Festival and see them for only £2.50 more. Bit annoyed I didn't see them when they were playing smaller venues, they'll probably never go back to Brixton/Shepherd's Bush now. Their next UK one is at Earl's Court!
Old 28-03-2003, 12:16 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Quote:
Originally posted by Twyford Bee
Acccording to To view the link you have to Register or Login, there's no general age limit but it may depend on the event.

"Gigs and tours" and "Aloud" don't seem to mention an age limit, though.
Cheers!

Looking forward to The White Stripes and The Vines in April. I may go to see The Darkness on Monday at Brighton!

Anyone know who is definitely on at Reading yet, apart from Metallica?
Old 07-04-2003, 03:43 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

CAVE-IN are at ULU 14th May - £10 inc booking fee.

I doubt if they will be playing small gigs for much longer after their brilliant new album has taken off.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
El Aguila will be happy to know that we have Yo La Tengo pencilled in for May...
Get there early and see support act M. Ward as well, I got the album recently and it's very good.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:53 PM
leviathan

ozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsozeagle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
M.Ward, review please.

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.