Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 07-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I did one on the what are you listening to at the moment thread.... page 165.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone else up for Dandy Warhols on 23 May at Brixton Academy?

Their new album is supposedly out in May, but I can't see any press on what date or any reviews about it. Anyone got any info?
Old 07-04-2003, 04:21 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Goodnight Jimbob - Acoustic set by the ex-Carter USM Frontman featuring Carter classics and new stuff.

London tickets for show at Borderline on 30/5/03 are almost gone, but there plenty of provincial shows in week leading up to it.

Abdoujaporov (the other half of Carter) are also playing the following Friday at Metro Club after a short Engligh tour.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 07-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Neil, I have an old weird JimBob promo CD around somewhere (spin off he did after Super Stereoworld) which you can have if I can find it.

Was one of those someone Vs someone remixes, definitely him though...

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 07-04-2003, 04:38 PM

Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Reading Festival announcement is today I think:

eFestivals say to expect Linkin Park on Friday, Blur and the White Stripes on Saturday, and System of a Down and Metallica on Sunday.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:43 PM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
"LIVE" are coming over to these shores to support Bon Jovi...but if you don't want to suffer the dire crap Jon & co play catch LIVE at the Shehherds Bush Empire or in Wolverhampton or Manchester headlining. They kick @rse!
Old 07-04-2003, 05:25 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Neil, I have an old weird JimBob promo CD around somewhere (spin off he did after Super Stereoworld) which you can have if I can find it.

Was one of those someone Vs someone remixes, definitely him though...
Be very interested in that, mate...

Old 07-04-2003, 05:26 PM

Location: Still hunting for a Cat Deeley lookalike in the Capital City of Caterham
le piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've got Coldplay @ Earls Court next week, with V2003 & Glastonbury too.
Also doing the Saturday of the Move Festival with Feeder,Inspiral Carpets & The Charlatans headlining. Should be good!!!
Also gonna try & get tickets for the Stereophonics @ Earls Court 16th December when they go on sale.............
Old 07-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Be very interested in that, mate...
Sorry it's not a remix thing, it's that supergroup formed by one of the Carter USM members - this is the CD below:

If you don't have it, when I eventually dig it out I'll pass it on - sorry if i've got your hopes up for nowt!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beeper.jpg (43.1 KB, 181 views)

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 07-04-2003, 05:42 PM

lazio matt is playing for a contract
The Gun in Church Street Croydon have just got their music licence back. This Saturday, the 12th April, there is a really great 12 piece show band on "The Soul Experience". Worth a look in.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:45 PM
South London VfB

Quote:
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Sorry it's not a remix thing, it's that supergroup formed by one of the Carter USM members - this is the CD below:

If you don't have it, when I eventually dig it out I'll pass it on - sorry if i've got your hopes up for nowt!
No worries, mate. Yes I have that.

I thought you were on about the Dead Beat Radicals remix promo thingy which had both Jim's & Fruitys mixes of the song back to back, which I haven't got, although do have both tracks separately.

Jim's made the final cut and Fruity's was made available to download from their site.

Old 07-04-2003, 05:54 PM

Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Right, the Reading line-up is:

Quote:
Friday 22 August (Reading)
Saturday 23 August (Leeds):

Linkin Park
Blink 182

Saturday 23 August (Reading):
Sunday 24 August (Leeds):

Blur
White Stripes

Sunday 24 August (Reading):
Friday 22 August (Leeds):

Metallica
System Of A Down

Plus these acts will be playing over the six stages during the weekend (with more to be announced...):

Sum 41 // Beck // Placebo // Doves
The Streets // Elbow // The Music
Courtney Love // Good Charlotte
The Polyphonic Spree // The Datsuns // Afi
The Mars Volta // Hundred Reasons
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs // Cooper Temple Clause
Meh, not that bothered this year. Might go for the day that Doves play, whichever one that is.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:04 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Reading Rocks!

Tons of other bands TBC like The Flaming Lips, The Datsuns and Hell Is For Heroes!

TICKETS ON SALE NOW - Get in quick..it will sell out soon!
Old 12-04-2003, 01:22 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
WHITE STRIPES - BRIXTON 11/4/03

Anticipation was high for this one from the off having been blown away by their Reading set last year and their show with Jeff Beck.

We were greeted by a big screen showing an old episode of Thunderbirds which was quite fun, although I started to worry when another one started immediately afterwards. However, it was cut short for the first band.

The Go frustrated me as they appear to have all the right ingredients to deliver a fine set in a Vines style. However, they ruined it by turning everything up to 11 and it just turned into a blurred noise. Certainly one to watch though.

The 2nd band, Whirlwind Heat, were just a sad joke to my old ears. One drummer, one distorted bass player and a screamer who would occasionally wrench some noise out of his keyboards between throwing himself all over the stage. His dancing was like Mr Harvey at 78 rpm and his keyboard skills made Linda McCartney sound like Rachmaniov. I do hope that I am not about to read a lot of hype about them being the next big thing!

Then, after a few tedious Felix The Cat cartoons, Jack and Meg wandered on to one of the biggest ovations I have ever heard at Brixton and tore into the set. Don't get me wrong, it was a very good show, but I did feel a little bit disappointed at the end and was surprised about this. Maybe it was the lack of the initial shock at the power and intensity of it that was missing, or maybe they were a little bit nervous about the crowd's expectations, but it didn't quite have that spark initially. Jack was obviously having a few problems with one of his guitars which he threw on the stage after "Seven Nation Army". We never saw it again and could explain why "Ball and Biscuit" was not played, another disappointment.

It looked like they were a little subdued with the new stuff, although Meg's spot for "The Cold Cold Night" was a delight. However, halfway through, they launched into "Hotel Yorba" followed by some old stuff and the whole show went to a higher level where it remained for the rest of the evening.

I got the feeling that they are not too happy to be expected to play certain songs now and are missing the flexibility that they had. Jack always appeared to put more passion into the older stuff, again it may just be that they are only starting to play the new stuff on the road. I can see Jack's view that there may only be one more album in them as they do come across as a novelty act and are starting to repeat themselves. However, with all due respect to Meg, Jack is a hell of a talent and has a great future.

Whatever, I think my disappointment was that, in my opinion, this was not one of their best gigs and I could see that. However, if this was the first time that you had seen them, you would have loved it. I still love them dearly and can't wait til Reading to see them again. Next time I will be under the influence. In the meantime, everyone should get out to see them now while the buzz continues.
Old 13-04-2003, 08:49 PM

Coulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
For all you Aussies over here, and anyone who's interested,
Fairfield, 24 of June,
Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson
Not everyones cup of tea, but after a few beers, is very funny.
Old 13-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Coulsdon Eagle
For all you Aussies over here, and anyone who's interested,
Fairfield, 24 of June,
Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson
Not everyones cup of tea, but after a few beers, is very funny.
Some of his 'ditties' are amusing (does your dad own a brewery?) but when I was encouraged to see him by/with a bunch of workmates I was not impressed... top jokes were about places in the outback called 'kickapakiin' and 'giveawogabash'... ho hum.

PS: Love the 'A Space Ritual' avatar

Last edited by A Wooden Fish On Wheels; 13-04-2003 at 09:21 PM.
Old 14-04-2003, 10:56 PM

TARRING EAGLE is playing for a contract
Also saw The White Stripes on friday night, Wirlwind Heat were possibly the worst band i've ever seen. The White Stripes were good, but nowhere near as good as when they payed the brighton concorde, but that is a small venue.
Saw Radio 4 at the aforementioned concorde on sunday night and they were superb,this band really should be much bigger than they are, go and buy Gotham now!!!!
Old 15-04-2003, 03:53 PM

Coulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
Some of his 'ditties' are amusing (does your dad own a brewery?) but when I was encouraged to see him by/with a bunch of workmates I was not impressed... top jokes were about places in the outback called 'kickapakiin' and 'giveawogabash'... ho hum.

PS: Love the 'A Space Ritual' avatar
Shame that funny guys have to lower themselves to racism gags, with all his other stuff, like Hey Santa! and i wanna be a builder etc. where is the need to stoop so low? i guess that it is still acceptable in Oz, but the outside world has moved on.
Old 15-04-2003, 04:02 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Presumably I would get a cyber-kicking on such an esoteric thread, if I were to confess that I'm going to see Paul McCartney next Tuesday ?
Old 15-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
I'll be seeing Stephen Malkimus And The Jicks at Brighton's Concorde 2 on 22nd April

And the Folk Implosion at Concorde 2 on 30th April

Money's tight, so I think Millwall away might be sacrificed for these two gigs. Does that make me a crap fan/wimpy/scared/nigel/whatever?