Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 15-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Say hello from me, Nookie!
What kind of McCartney gig is it, Richard?
Old 15-04-2003, 04:14 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Massive Attack this Thursday, looking forward to it despite the reviews and the fact that Delj doesn't enjoy playing live.
Old 15-04-2003, 04:24 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
What kind of McCartney gig is it, Richard?
Fleece the fans at Earls Court sort of thing. Doing lots of Beatles numbers, I believe. Went to see him about 8 years ago at Wembley and was amazed how good he was live, so thought I'd go to see him again.
Old 15-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would love to see Paul McCartney, Richard. Regardless of peoples' views of him and his post-Beatles music, he is still a legend of 20th Century music.

I have heard his live album from his US tour last year and half of his set-list was made up of Betles tracks. It should be a great occassion. Enjoy.
Old 15-04-2003, 04:27 PM

Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
My friend offered to help me a get a stewarding job this week for Coldplay and Mccartney at Earl's Court, but I said no for this week, as I'm alredy doing one job on the side.
Old 16-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Self Portrait

g23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhino
Next two for me are Yo La Tengo/M Ward on May 7 and Cat Power/Dirty Three on May 12, both at the Empire, Shepherds Bush.
Old 16-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Southern Bitch

Oryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses grow
McCartney's playing Red Square at the end of May, the first time he's ever played (or even been to) Russia. Causing a major stir around here, as for years and years the Beatles were one of very few Western bands people got to hear, so the place is teeming with fanatics. Guess I might go along to see if it conjures up a whiff of iron curtain karma.

Heck, I'm pleased with that last sentence there.
Old 17-04-2003, 01:06 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by TARRING EAGLE
Also saw The White Stripes on friday night, Wirlwind Heat were possibly the worst band i've ever seen. The White Stripes were good, but nowhere near as good as when they payed the brighton concorde, but that is a small venue.
Thank you for agreeing with me. My son thought I was very harsh.

Kerrang reckoned that there were some old fogeys at the gig on Friday that were looking into their lager saying "this ain't music" when Whirlwind Heat were on. I can happily hold my head up and own up to this one. They were a pathetic joke - at least Antiproduct mean to come across as a wind-up.

I really recommend that people keep an eye on the Concorde2 venue as they appear to get all of the upcoming bands and its usually less than a tenner.

For example, OK Go are on in June and well worth checking out!
Old 17-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969
Going to see buzzcocks in may and counting crows in june
Old 17-04-2003, 10:31 PM

Location: Still hunting for a Cat Deeley lookalike in the Capital City of Caterham
le piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard
Fleece the fans at Earls Court sort of thing. Doing lots of Beatles numbers, I believe. Went to see him about 8 years ago at Wembley and was amazed how good he was live, so thought I'd go to see him again.
I'm off to see him Monday nite at Earls Court too, the fact that he is on for two & a half hours & playing loads of Beatles tracks swung it for me!!

Saw Coldplay last nite at Earls Court, superb performance from them too
Old 17-04-2003, 10:42 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got my tickets to see Dave Gahan at Shepheard's Bush empire on the 10th July through today.

Looking forward to it!
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 21-04-2003, 08:51 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by g23
Next two for me are Yo La Tengo/M Ward on May 7 and Cat Power/Dirty Three on May 12, both at the Empire, Shepherds Bush.
I'm going to miss both those gigs, which is a shame as Cat Power aren't playing in Spain. Just saw a video of Chan performing live on Letterman, just her and a piano, lovely if incongruous.
Old 21-04-2003, 11:00 AM

ammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would be interseted to hear any feedback from the McCartney gigs.

He is playing Dublin in May, and I am undecided whether to go or not.
Old 21-04-2003, 11:14 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only just found this thread!

Went to see Faithless late last year and they were superb - shame Dido didn't make an appearance though.

This year I have been to see Avril Lavigne (another superb performance) and Coldplay at Earls Court. ColdPlay were ok....their last two songs made up for an overall average display IMO. Feeder, who were the warm up band, put on a much better performance! Would love to see them on their own.
Old 23-04-2003, 09:30 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Since the thread also suggests reviews, I'll just say that Paul McCartney was superb last night. Played for over two and a half hours, including one section of 45 minutes on his own. That guy has written (o.K. many of them along with John Lennon) SO much great music, that I came away feeling he could have done another 2 1/2 hours and still not got through all his hits.

It's always difficult to get a feeling for musicianship in big arena concerts, but the band seemed tight and played well together, although the tour has been going for several months so I guess they should be.

We had pretty poor seats, but the use of multiple large screens in these big tours nowadays makes the spectacle so much better anyway. Previous McCartney tours have made big use of sets that go up, down & spin, multiple backdrops and huge, moving, lighting rigs. The use of multiple video screens has reduced the needs for such technology (which is very expensive to build and to tour), and the screens themselves proved much of the spectacle, which was hugely impressive, although somehow, it doesn't have the impact of big physical objects moving and a huge light show - dare I say it, but it seems a somewhat lazy way of making the spectacle, impressive though the images undoubtedly are.

That's it from the AOR stadium concerts correspondant to this thread until I report back from the Stones concert in August. Obviously I'll let you all know Quo's dates when they're announced ....

Last edited by Richard; 23-04-2003 at 09:33 AM.
Old 23-04-2003, 09:36 AM

P.S. ammiller - DEFINITELY go to see him on Dublin if you can. I guarantee you'll have a good time.

P.P.S. Oryol, how difficult would it be to get a ticket for the Red Square concert ? In an over-excited (and somewhat pished) state last night, I floated the idea with the wife of popping out there to see what I'm sure will be an awesome evening.
Old 23-04-2003, 09:36 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
to prove tthat I am mellowing with age, I'm off to see Evan Dando at Shepherd's Bush next month.... haven't even heard his new stuff yet.
Old 23-04-2003, 09:43 AM

gingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by as216
Get ready for my Wildhearts review - first weekend in May
I'll look forward to reading that see what you think as i'll be there too
Old 23-04-2003, 09:47 AM

as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216
Quote:
Originally posted by gingerob
I'll look forward to reading that see what you think as i'll be there too
Which one are you going to? I was going to London on the 2nd but am now going to Portsmouth on the 3rd instead.
Old 23-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster
to prove tthat I am mellowing with age, I'm off to see Evan Dando at Shepherd's Bush next month.... haven't even heard his new stuff yet.
We put out the new album in Spain - it's pretty good overall with a couple of very good songs. He did a solo show for us and that was most enjoyable.