Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-04-2003, 11:06 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
OK, May 12th Shepherd's Bush is Dirty Three (not fussed)

Cat Power is June 20th at Union Chapel (Islington).

I'm getting myself a ticket. Anyone else?
Old 24-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Sunny, fella, get me a Cat Power ticket, please!

Can I kip at your gaff?
Old 24-04-2003, 02:16 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bought.

It's at Union Chapel.
Is that actually a chapel? It says it has a bar and smoking's allowed at the bar but not in the chapel. Strrrrrange. Should be fun though.

And yes, spare beds a-plenty at my place. I'm off on holiday the next day (mid-afternoon flight) so may kick you out early-ish.
Old 24-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo
Is anyone up for the Bluetones at the Concorde 2 in May - 21st I think ?

I know Skin 'sleepy' Up is.
21st is a Wednesday. Ugh. I've got a cricket match. Sorry mate - would otherwise have been up for it.
Old 25-04-2003, 12:10 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Apparently Mew are supporting OK Go at the Brighton Concorde on Jun 14th for those interested
Old 25-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Self Portrait

g23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhino
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Hmm, Sally, eh? Is she a freak or normal?
'bout the same as me...you decide.

Did you not twig that May 12th is Cat Power + Dirty Three? That's the one I'm going to, not June 20th, which is Cat Power + Damien Jurado (who I've always thought of as a male Julianna Hatfield, rightly or wrongly. But it brings us back to Evan Dando again, anyway).
Old 25-04-2003, 01:06 PM
pura vida

I didn't twig at all. No mention of Cat on the website I looked at. Bugger. Shepherd's Bush sounds intriguing, but I also kind of like the idea of a chapel. Will mull on the 12th but now that I've got the tickets for June I might as well go then. Nookie would be upset as well, and we can't go upsetting bears now can we? It's also round the corner (and along a bit) from my flat.
Old 25-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
So when am I seeing Cat Power?

may or june?
Old 25-04-2003, 01:10 PM
pura vida

June.
In a chapel.
With a bar.

Actually, it might not be in a chapel at all, it might just be close to Chapel market.
Old 25-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yes, but at Shepherd's Bush she'll have Warren Ellis on violin.
Old 25-04-2003, 01:13 PM
pura vida

El Ag, Gavin:

Will Nookie and I be well advised to can June and go for the May 12th option at Shepherd's Bush?
Old 25-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think so. You know the violin on that track I recommended you downloaded the other day? That was Warren from the Dirty Three.... they're very good live. g?
Old 25-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Self Portrait

g23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhino
No contest for me, as I'm a fan of Dirty Three (guitar, bass, drums, violin: epic soundscapes) and not so much of Damien Jurado. Not to overdo it on the Sally references, but she's seen Chan Marshall six or seven times and there are tales of extreme shyness - running on stage, rushing through one song and sprinting off again to collect herself, etc. With previous collaborator Warren Ellis (and the boys) around, she'd predicted to be a bit calmer.

El A - sound fair?
Old 25-04-2003, 01:24 PM
Middle class left.

Oh, totally. Wherever Chan is less likely to be freaked out is where you should go - otherwise she could easily break down in tears or run away.
I have seen her do this - it's not an exaggeration.
Old 25-04-2003, 01:25 PM
pura vida

Are you free on May 12th, Nookie?
Old 25-04-2003, 01:26 PM
pura vida

Methinks she might freak out in a chapel.
I'll wait by the apse if she does collapse.
Old 25-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Self Portrait

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Methinks she might freak out in a chapel.
There's a good chancel.
Old 25-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Middle class left.

She might get so nervous that she pewks. It wouldn't altar how much I like the record.
Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Will she sing "Crying In The Chapel"?

I'll get me cassock!!
Old 27-04-2003, 06:05 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

SCOOP!

DEFTONES on at Brixton on June 2nd - tickets on sale now!