Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Mr.Pilkington

Dartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Julian Speroni discussion

The guy is shit.

Why do we persist with him?

He makes a few good saves but that doesnt make him a good keeper.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

NicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
Oh my mistake, didn't realise goalkeepers were not judged by saving shots.

Idiot
Old 11-09-2004, 05:45 PM

PoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Shit is a bit harsh.

However changes have to be made. I would have a lot more faith in Kiraly who is PROVEN QUALITY. He would be a lot more dominating and I'm sure the defenders would prefer him rather than a keeper who had one good season in Scotland.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:45 PM

PoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by NicolaVentola
Oh my mistake, didn't realise goalkeepers were not judged by saving shots.

Idiot
They're judged on other things too like commanding their area, catching crosses, etc.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:49 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Too many mistakes at the end of the day. A couple of costly errors that have lead to goals and a number of errors which could have been costly but fortunately did not lead to goals.

In that time he's also made some cracking saves.

Personally I'd rather have a solid keeper who doesn't make many mistakes over a great shot stopper who makes them regularly. No matter how hard I try I just can't imagine Palace keeping a clean sheet with Speroni in goal.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 11-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Banned by Moderators

NicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles awayNicolaVentola is five years ago and 3,000 miles away
He has one of the best shot - save ratios so far in the premier league and yet you call him shit?

Banned by Moderators

He has made a couple of costly mistakes though.
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Julian has a lot of talent, but I would go with Gabor now unless theres a good unknown reason not to. He has experience of being a key player in a stuggling team that eventually established itself (Hertha)
Old 11-09-2004, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NicolaVentola
He has one of the best shot - save ratios so far in the premier league
Combined with one of the worst mistakes - game ratio
Old 11-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

ok fair play.

He's shit.

Bring on Kiraly.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:10 PM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Julian Speroni

Quote:
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
The guy is shit.

Why do we persist with him?

He makes a few good saves but that doesnt make him a good keeper.
Thank god for Kolkka or he would be our worse player.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
off you prat.

Granted the second goal was an own goal if written on paper or not but some of the saves made today were top draw.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
some of the saves made today were top draw.
But for every great save he makes an error. In the Premiership we can't afford to play a dodgy keeper.

Kiraly is PROVEN to be a much better keeper.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
So would you like to list his errors today?
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And he only made one quality save today. The touch around the post which for some reason the ref decided to give us a goal kick.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Uzi Lover

Boyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you're a Premiership goalkeeper you really shouldn't be getting beaten from distance at your near post - especially when the shot wasn't even on it's way in! He wasn't helped by pretty awful performances from the centre backs mind you - the sooner Dowie sees sense and replaces one of them with Hall the better.

I was under the impression Dowie bought Speroni and Kiraly both as number one - the threat of being replaced was supposed to keep them both on their toes. Therefore Gabor should really be given his chance.

I'm not suggesting we should boot Speroni out - just give the other guy a chance.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:20 PM

penstone is playing for a contract
He does not inspire confidence does he, I think he's poor.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:24 PM

cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?cpfc_spc1982  - why do you have to be so good?
made one very good save today but then scored a own goal.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by penstone
He does not inspire confidence does he.
Good point, we need a leader out there. Time for a change.
29/05/04 Crystal Palace West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace Portsmouth 4-0
Old 11-09-2004, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
So would you like to list his errors today?
After getting a hand on Berger's shot, he should have made the save. It isn't just his mistakes either. He doesn't inspire confidence or command his area well at all.

Do you think Kiraly would do a better or worse job?