Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Pistike
I reckon Popo and crew will look a lot better in front of a keeper who can call the game.
Perhaps the keeper would look better behind a less shaky defense? I think step 1 would be to drop Popo, play Hall at the back with Hudson and Hughes in midfield with Aki, thereby giving us a better defense and half a midfield that might actually be able to pass to a team mate
Old 13-09-2004, 03:07 PM
jó csávó

Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Maybe you're right but your side might look even better in front of a keeper who wasn't embarrased to open his mouth!

In any case Hughes has clearly blotted his copy book which is a shame because I was hoping we had a manager who could manage.

I think most of us were agreed that Hughes was the only player at Cardiff of Premier League quality. Now he's getting paid to sit on the bench!
Old 13-09-2004, 03:11 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I blinked and missed that shot, it was an absolute bullet and is a keeper supposed to be able to judge to the centimetre whether or not it's going in? I think he did bloody well to get to it and a more 'solid' keeper might not even have managed it.
here here might have hit the post he was not to know that sloppy midfiled work that lead to it anyway
Old 13-09-2004, 03:14 PM

russellmark is playing for a contract
I agree Pistike, Hughes should start games, probably at the expense of Hall who should play at the back instead of Hudson or Pops.
Old 13-09-2004, 03:16 PM

DocTheScout is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Scifo
It's true that Kirlay deserves to be given a chance, but i'm surprised so many people assume he's a quality keeper whenever he signed to play as second choice to a club that was written off by most to be relegation fodder. David James, Ian Walker and countless others have had a good season in the Premiership but many keepers jst loose it after a season or two. If Kiraly was still proven quality I'd have thought we would have faced some cometition to sign him.

Kiraly being a quality keeper or not, is still to be approved at Premiership standards. Although he was chosen 2nd and 3rd best keeper of the German Bundesliga behind Oliver Kahn a few times. He is an ultimate professional, who always plans his moves well. His move to Palace was hopefully (for Palace) the last in a career aimed to become one of Europe's best keepers, plus playing in the Premiership.

As far as I know Kiraly did not sign to be second choice keeper at Palace. When his transfer saga was on, the whole staff stated that they want a close competition in the goal. It is normal that Speroni started the season, as he worked with the team much longer pre-season, plus he's been playing in Scotland thus commands the language much better. Soon Dowie will have to make changes in the back, and I think one of those will be giving a chance to Gabor.

If you say Palace had no competition to sign Kiraly, that means you were not aware of the situation. He stated at Hertha Berlin that he won't sign a new deal last winter. Got injured, and the manager decided not to play him in the spring season as he was leaving for England in summer. Before that, rumors were that Liverpool and Newcastle United wanted him.

In July/August he had 2 specific offers from the Premiership (apart Palace's offer), plus from Spanish Primera Division as well. He chose Palace as he has already worked together with the keeper coach, Dowie and Speroni, and besides the good experience it seemed the easiest team to get the no 1 spot in.
Old 13-09-2004, 03:17 PM
jó csávó

Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
So the midfield parted like the proverbial Red Sea, Hudson and Popo backed off and Speroni diving full length tipped it into the roof of the net.

Sounds like we're in a bit of trouble to me
Old 13-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Reps AJ
why didn't the defense or midfield close him down before he got a shot off?
That is the question that needs to be asked. The exact same thing happened against Everton.

Quote:
Originally posted by Reps AJ
Pops has scored two own goals, where's the thread calling for him to be axed?
It is here. It seems to be a popular one. But I think Hudson has been at fault more than Pops. If we are going to start pointing fingers, Hudson has been at fault for conceiding goalsmore than Speroni or Pops, Hudson was at fault for the goal against Norwich, the second against Everton and Berger's goal yesterday and perhaps the third against Portsmouth. Really needs to close the attacking player down before he can get a shot away.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 13-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by russellmark
I agree Pistike, Hughes should start games, probably at the expense of Hall who should play at the back instead of Hudson or Pops.
It does seem quite obvious, not sure what is going on there....

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 13-09-2004, 03:21 PM

russellmark is playing for a contract
Hudson definatly at fault for the 3rd at Portsmouth, his defensive header was dreadful.
Old 13-09-2004, 03:23 PM
LL12 Eagle

mouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trendmouseboy is gonna plan a new trend
Look I'm a goalie and I have played against some ace player, I have had players shoot at me from that type of range and power and the thing you need to do is get 2 hands behind the ball not just one so you get lots of power on it and divert it away not in.
Old 13-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have heard he has to play all home games due to a clause in his shirt sponsors contract that says they haven't wasted their money and he will at least play

Think what we must remember is that he has a hell of a lot to do, probably more than any other goal keeper in the league especially considering his own players keep wanting to stick the ball past him. He is bound to make a few mistakes taking into account the ratio of shots he has to save.
Old 13-09-2004, 03:30 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very constructive - every keeper makes mistakes. AJ made a mistake by missing the penalty but no one is calling him crap are they!
Old 13-09-2004, 07:59 PM

Stumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basis
Quote:
Originally posted by NRM the 2nd
I have heard he has to play all home games due to a clause in his shirt sponsors contract that says they haven't wasted their money and he will at least play

Think what we must remember is that he has a hell of a lot to do, probably more than any other goal keeper in the league especially considering his own players keep wanting to stick the ball past him. He is bound to make a few mistakes taking into account the ratio of shots he has to save.
Bring back Stompy!!!!

Old 13-09-2004, 08:01 PM

Stumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basisStumpy scores on a regular basis
Quote:
Originally posted by mouseboy
Look I'm a goalie and I have played against some ace player, I have had players shoot at me from that type of range and power and the thing you need to do is get 2 hands behind the ball not just one so you get lots of power on it and divert it away not in.
Any of them hit a ball like Berger then do they??

I doubt it very much.

Old 27-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Banned by Moderators

Aki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
And the rest is History
Old 08-03-2014, 09:44 AM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Double page feature in the Sun today on Jules, including a Sun version of the menu at his restaurant.

STARTERS

Marrow and Clam Rack - Moroccan dish is an acquired taste

Spaghetti Bolasie - Goes down very easily

Not so fresh Grabbidon - Was a show-stopper back in the day, but is now easier to crack

MAINS

Stew O'Beefe - New dish is very popular

Veal Alexander - Rarelyordered these days, but still a favourite

Dwight Quail - If you do not mind splashing out on something that's not that impressive

DESSERTS

Fruit Ledley - Includes a recent bananas import from Glasgow

Ince Pies - Try em before they come off menu in May

PLEASE NOTE WE DO ACCEPT PUNCHEON VOUCHERS

Never let children play with fireworks and flares
Old 08-03-2014, 09:50 AM

Alex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hahaha this thread!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Double page feature in the Sun today on Jules, including a Sun version of the menu at his restaurant.

STARTERS

Marrow and Clam Rack - Moroccan dish is an acquired taste

Spaghetti Bolasie - Goes down very easily

Not so fresh Grabbidon - Was a show-stopper back in the day, but is now easier to crack

MAINS

Stew O'Beefe - New dish is very popular

Veal Alexander - Rarelyordered these days, but still a favourite

Dwight Quail - If you do not mind splashing out on something that's not that impressive

DESSERTS

Fruit Ledley - Includes a recent bananas import from Glasgow

Ince Pies - Try em before they come off menu in May

PLEASE NOTE WE DO ACCEPT PUNCHEON VOUCHERS
The sun is just full of childish ****wits. Wankers
Old 08-03-2014, 10:05 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
They forgot the most important point for comedy. Have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the reader
Old 08-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Bumps are usually shit, but this one is allowed
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional Ł65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013