Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Depeche Mode confirm new album news.

"The band will be collectively gathering in Santa Barbara in early December, along with Daniel Miller, Jonathan Kessler and producer Ben Hillier. In January 2005, after a holiday break, the band will start work on their new album."

Finally after many rumours that the band would split up.
This was mainly due to Dave Gahan expressing his desire to write songs for the new album.
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.

Last edited by jordanismygod; 22-02-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 17-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
the band will start work on their new album with producer Ben Hillier on Monday, January 17th. The sessions will start in Santa Barbara, and will later move on to New York and London - similar to what they did with "Exciter".
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 17-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My poor ears!
Old 17-01-2005, 11:17 PM

as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216 as216
I have the '86-'96 best of - would be interesting to hear some new stuff.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Depeche Mode are currently in Santa Barbara, California recording their first studio album since 2001's, 'Exciter', due for release this Autumn.

2004 ended on a high for Depeche Mode, generated largely by the success of their remix album, 'Depeche Mode Remixes 81-04' which sold over 1 million copies worldwide and produced the top 10 single, 'Enjoy The Silence' remixed by Mike Shinoda.

The new album is being co-produced by Depeche Mode and Ben Hillier, whose credits include Elbow's 'Cast Of Thousands' album, the current acclaimed Doves release, 'Some Cities' and Blur's classic, 'Think Tank'.

"It's a great feeling to be back together in the studio again and we are very excited about the new material", says Dave Gahan. "We are all feeling incredibly positive about the album. Ben Hillier has brought a whole new dynamic to the group which is quite inspiring."
Old 11-04-2005, 03:42 PM
morale officer

Joe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
that is encouraging news...

keep the updates coming
Old 11-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Diamond Geezer

palace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This is good news
Old 11-04-2005, 03:48 PM

Fide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 11-04-2005, 08:52 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Re: Depeche Mode confirm new album news.

Quote:
Originally posted by jordanismygod
"The band will be collectively gathering in Santa Barbara in early December, along with Daniel Miller, Jonathan Kessler and producer Ben Hillier. In January 2005, after a holiday break, the band will start work on their new album."

Finally after many rumours that the band would split up.
This was mainly due to Dave Gahan expressing his desire to write songs for the new album.

Bastards...so far I've had such a good year.

Die, you weasel faced talentless bastards, die.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:07 PM

jellybean is playing for a contract

can't wait
Old 11-04-2005, 09:09 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by palace_crystal
This is good news
Possibly... but not for music.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know he was "chief musician" as opposed to "writer" but I've not liked any of their stuff since Alan Wilder left
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I feel you is a great track, Ultra's a good listen too..
Old 12-04-2005, 12:13 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
excellent news, the basildon boys are back, cant wait to hear the new stuff and catch some more gigs.

Sure JJ and Miss Chief will be equally pleased.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Sex and Drugs

ROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyes
Not sure myself on their newer stuff. A bit like Gary Numan did as well, the music has gone off on a bit of a tangent for my tastes. Both their earlier music was all about those beautiful synths singing those amazing melodies. There is no doubt that Depeche Mode ruled under Vince Clarke.

Andy, you really want to get '81-'85. That's where the magic is.

Dreaming of Me
New Life
Just Can't Get Enough
Everything Counts
Photographic

Awesome, awesome stuff.

Alternatively get the 'Speak and Spell' album. It's Great!
Old 12-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Sex and Drugs

ROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyes
Ooh, I just remembered the end of 'New Life' when the boys do the 'Twist and Shout' four part harmony and then crack into that Synth line.

I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:36 PM
FORTUNES ALWAYS HIDING

oscarthecat is playing for a contract
Old 13-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

"I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think Depeche Mode are a sweet band"
Old 13-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Depeche Mode confirm new album news.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster
Bastards...so far I've had such a good year.

Die, you weasel faced talentless bastards, die.
Remind me to tell you the story about me, Andy Fletcher and Dennis Wise over a bottle, one day.
Old 13-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Sensual Member

Miss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by paf
excellent news, the basildon boys are back, cant wait to hear the new stuff and catch some more gigs.

Sure JJ and Miss Chief will be equally pleased.
She sure is equally and extremely pleased. Thanks paf. There's been speculation for quite some time but thrilled it's actually happening. Bless those Basildon Boys!

Where is JJ nowadays? Haven't heard from him in a while. JJ, if you are out there give us a sign.

If I had to specify, I'm a Martin Gore/Alan Wilder girl when it comes to Depeche eras; the more industrial electro slashing/beating/sampling anything sound with thought-provoking lyrics to accompany, but adore and collect everything that they produce. Can't wait to go to some gigs.

Vince Clarke must be proud as punch at the moment with 'Just Can't Get Enough' being re-jigged and played on numerous telly ads; wahey!