Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-07-2005, 08:00 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
chances of this hitting t'internet way before it's release...... wont even offer odds.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I ruined 'Exciter' as i had already heard 5/6 tracks before it came out.
I won't be doing that this time.
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:30 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by jordanismygod

I won't be doing that this time.
I say I wont, but I bet I do.........

ps. me, Miss Chief and Pete have tickets for the LTU arena in Dusseldorf for my birthday weekend in January....

Get in !!!!

Old 05-07-2005, 12:49 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No can do - will try for Rock & ring though...

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 05-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Sensual Member

Miss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by paf

ps. me, Miss Chief and Pete have tickets for the LTU arena in Dusseldorf for my birthday weekend in January....

Get in !!!!

Ausgezeichnet! Ich bin also aufgeregt.

I shall bring my electric stun gun to tackle the crowd.

Neil, so sorry you won't be there- you are going to have to drop some of those other passions of yours. Probably go somewhere else too along the tour.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by paf

I know. It's too tempting not to.
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:21 PM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
No can do - will try for Rock & ring though...
you know we'll lose at home that day, it'll rain horribly and the printers will print the front cover of the echo upside down, might aswell give up now and come with us

Old 05-07-2005, 01:54 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sadly I'm already missing one game next season for gig reasons, that's quite enough.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 05-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

*SPOILER*

Playing The Angel is a dark, thunderously rocking album, which lyrically digs into the infinite abysms of human existance and, in doing so, avails itself musically of a range from Industrial to contemporary electronic avantgarde. But after all it always comes back to this certain self-reliance and independence which is Depeche Mode known for for 25 years know.
So, here are the first hard facts. After a single listen. That is, don´t kill me if it feels a little different afterwards.

1. 'Precious'
Will be the first single. And deservedly so. The song works from the start. Very homogenous and self-contained all in all, in short moments nevertheless with the very libertine Depeche Mode always get away with. For example the shortest fragment of a melody ever: Just a tap on the piano-synth and catchiness and significance still add up. It reminds myself a bit on the Black Celebration period but it’s also reminiscent of Violator. Pathos doesn´t get missed out, too. Excerpt: “If God had a masterplan…” – despair right away, then. As the track was played once again at the end of the listening session people virtually danced to it. Fire test has been passed with flying colours. The word ‘classic’ is in the air all over the place.

2. 'The Sinner In Me'
A very dark, Industrial-like track which be could be as well Nine Inch Nails – well, until the vocals come in. The Italo lot among the British colleagues shiver in the face of too much harshness. Once more about agony and pain:”…still recover, still go over all the suffering..” (by the way, no warranty for accuracy at all when it comes to quotes off the lyrics). Towards the end the track appropriatley vanishes in digital noise and swoosh.

3. 'Suffer Well'
And once again suffering – even though I Freudianly misheard “Suffer Weil”. Well-fitting to the flow of the record, Gahan talks later on about “one of the darkest Depeche Mode records ever”. This song, a very strong, lusty anthem, is penned by him, by the way. Just like another one in this listening session and a third one on the final album (which – so much for now – will be finished by the end of this week). The track ends with a surprising Hip Hop scratch of noise sounds. Once again one of those ambitious, at first intriguing but then sense making elements which the band has such a good grasp of.

4. 'Macrovision'
"...Overflowing senses... I hear my blood flow…" Aptly to this short quote there´s only the voice present at the beginning of the song, haunting, coming in for all things – and when the wall of sound joins the voice still leads the track to higher levels. Nonetheless: A difficult track at first listen, somehow it has something pretentious about it. A feeling which is ultimately blotted out by the intoxicating melancholy, though.

5. 'John The Revelator'
One of these tracks which work after a few seconds already, which needs no big introduction , which just enters the room and can be assumed as well-established. The leading 80s synth sound recalls slightly on “Space Invaders Are Smoking Grass” by I-F and is the ideal leitmotif for a song which has the ability to blend the best of the worlds of Rock and Electronics. Potential single. I would say.

6. 'I Want It All'
The second track by Gahan in this session. And so far the least enthralling for me. A ballad and therefore very much produced pertinently for his voice which, blessed with all presence possible, narrates over layers of click sounds. Towards the end the sounds take over, step by step, grinding and rattling like the colossus in Björk’s “Army Of Me” video clip.

7. 'A Pain That I'm Used To'
The track begins with an unsettling vocal line, which in its flow rather reminds on Italo-Pop-House canto than Depeche Mode. But at latest when the sublime melody rises above the darkness of the words, when the elevated raptures presage, the song falls back into the world where it really belongs. Perhaps the track with the best dramaturgy on the album. Another potential single for me.

The Bottom Line: An album like a lustful punch in your face - so to speak the “Fight Club” album of Depeche Mode. No chance at all to step aside and evade.
Old 19-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

The single got leaked onto the internet today.
Oh yes. This is Depeche Mode backed to their best.
Any Mode fan will love 'Precious'
Old 20-07-2005, 07:50 AM
snootchie bootchies

Quote:
Originally posted by jordanismygod
The single got leaked onto the internet today.
Oh yes. This is Depeche Mode backed to their best.
Any Mode fan will love 'Precious'
Just got it

Anyone wants, pm. Blimey, in 10 minutes the torrent went from 2 downloaders to 300

Last edited by paf; 20-07-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Old 20-07-2005, 11:02 AM
snootchie bootchies

the video has also been leaked, totally unfinished, still with story boards on To view the link you have to Register or Login

that'll be pulled pretty quick.
Old 21-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Chief
Where is JJ nowadays? Haven't heard from him in a while. JJ, if you are out there give us a sign.

That one ok?

The new single Precious is fantastic, and is (therefore somewhat surprisingly) written by Dave Gahan. I'm going to both London shows, but doubt whether I can be arsed to go to any of the others. If the rest of the album sounds as good as Precious, it'll be their best since their very height of perfection, ie Violator (the album to which I listened non-stop in the car park queueing for FA Cup Final tickets...and then again for the replay.)

(And better just check, Miss Chief is Sam, right? )
Old 21-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by paf
that'll be pulled pretty quick.
Yep, already gone. Probably a good thing the DM forum has been down for the last two days as it would have melted.
Old 21-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by paf
I havent got a ticket yet, if theres any standing ones left I'll go.
Both Wembley dates are sold out for standing tickets. I'm standing for both.
Old 21-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Sensual Member

Miss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMiss Chief came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by JJ

That one ok?

The new single Precious is fantastic, and is (therefore somewhat surprisingly) written by Dave Gahan. I'm going to both London shows, but doubt whether I can be arsed to go to any of the others. If the rest of the album sounds as good as Precious, it'll be their best since their very height of perfection, ie Violator (the album to which I listened non-stop in the car park queueing for FA Cup Final tickets...and then again for the replay.)

(And better just check, Miss Chief is Sam, right? )
Smashing sign.

Well, blow me down with a feather, it's JJ! I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Took your time but I suppose the antipodean mind-set of time keeping has gradually rubbed off on you.

Today is a Precious day indeed.

(Yes, tis I, Sam).
Old 21-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Veteran

I just hadn't come into this part of the BBS for ages so missed the thread. As you say, I'm on Aussie time these days!
Old 21-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Veteran

And getting faaar too friendly with Sarah Blackwood, of course
Old 21-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Veteran

And the other half of Client has just confirmed that the song was actually written by Martin not Dave. Consider the person who told me otherwise duly castrated.
Old 21-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Sensual Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ
And the other half of Client has just confirmed that the song was actually written by Martin not Dave. Consider the person who told me otherwise duly castrated.
That figures. Martin is the man for giving me goose-bumps (not taking away the talent of Dave, of course).