Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-12-2005, 01:14 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle

Lookin' for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap

Nazi.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Nazi.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Subterranean Homesick Blues

Vs Tell me Theres a Heaven

Dylan = poetry, Rea = piffle. And that Rea song could easily be interpreted as Soc.Lib
Old 12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Dylan = poetry, Rea = piffle. And that Rea song could easily be interpreted as Soc.Lib
To be honest mate, I like them both so not really sure why I'm arguing.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:38 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
As opposed to other singer/songwriters such as Nick Drake, Syd Barrett, Bob Dylan, Phil Ochs, Ian Brown etc etc
Oh my life he put Ian Brown in that list
Old 12-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Christian

CallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCallMeBernard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Personally I prefer the Goons' I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas.

I'm walking backwards for Christmas,
Across the Irish Sea,
It's the only thing for me.
I've tried walking sideways,
And walking to the front,
But people just look at me,
And say it's a publicity stunt.

To prove that I love you.

An imigrantal lad, loved an Irish colleen
From Dublin Galway Bay.
He longed for her arms,
But she spurned his charms,
And sailed o'er the foam away

She left the lad by himself, on his own
All alone, a-sorrowing
And sadly he dreamed, or at least that's the
way it seemed, buddy,
That an angel choir for him,
an angel choir did sing.

<eerily>

Across the Irish Sea.
It's the finest thing for me.

<normal>
And so I've tried walking sideways,
And walking to the front.
But people just laughed, and said,
"It's a publicity stunt".

So I'm walking backwards for Christmas
To prove that I love you.

<play out>

One prefers to use its head, while the other relies on tales.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Scroatey
Oh my life he put Ian Brown in that list
Ian Brown has written some fantastic songs, both with the Roses and solo.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Jedi Master

bobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebobmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
To be honest mate, I like them both so not really sure why I'm arguing.
Maidstoned Eagle Gold

The path to the Dark Side.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Prefer the Ying Tong song meself. Dylans never not written nuffink than can touch the tender romance of these lyrics;

(Spike Milligan plays Eccles and Spriggs, Peter Sellers plays Bloodnok and Bluebottle, and Harry Secombe plays Seagoon.)

Tenor: There's a song that I recall my mother sang to me,

Spriggs: (Sighs.)

Tenor: She sang it as she tucked me in when I was ninety-three.

Spriggs: I-diddle-di. [Spoken] Who was that bum?

Bluebottle and Spriggs: Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po,
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po
(Bluebottle has dropped behind.)

Spriggs: [Spoken] Keep fired up. Keep up!

Bluebottle: [Spoken] Keep up lad.

Both: Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle I po, lad!

Both: Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle I po!

Bluebottle: Lad, po lad,

Spriggs: Yiddle i po,

Both: Ying tong, ying tong,

Spriggs: Yiddle,

Bluebottle: Ying tong, ying tong,

Both: Ying tong yiddle i po, ying tong, ying tong yiddle.

Bluebottle: [Spoken] Ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po (raspberry).

Spriggs: Oh!

Both: Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle I po,
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po, yiddle I po!
(Frantic trumpeting followed by three huge drumbeats.)

Bluebottle: Yiiiing, ying tongy tongy, ying tong yiddle I po, ying tong yiddle i po.

Secombe: What a lovely melody divine!

Bluebottle: Yi-i-ing, ying tongy tongy,

Milligan: Get off the record, sir!

Bluebottle: Yiiiing, ying tong, ying tong yiddy, po,

Milligan: Get away!

Bluebottle: Dig-dig-diggun, dig-dig-digga, ying tong yiddle I po.

Seagoon: Hear that crazy rhythm, driving me insane,
strike your partner on the bonce (thump),

Eccles: Ooh! I felt no pain.

Seagoon: (Screeches.)

Seagoon, Bluebottle and Eccles: Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying.

Soprano: Take me back to Vienna... (melodic raspberries)

Bloodnok: Ohhh!

Eccles: Ooh!

Soprano: Take me back to Vienna, where the... (ceiling collapses)

Seagoon, Spriggs and Bluebottle: [Distant] ...tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po,
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po.
(They all dash forward.)
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong iddle I po,

Spriggs: Where's he going, lad?

Bluebottle: I don't know...

Seagoon, Spriggs and Bluebottle: Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po.

Seagoon: LOOK OUT!

Bluebottle> Ey!
(They all dash back into the distance.)

Seagoon, Spriggs and Bluebottle: [Hurriedly] Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong iddle I po,
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po.
(They all dash forward again.)
Ying tong...
(Bomb falls and explodes.)

All: [Pinky-and-Perky style]
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po,
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po, yiddle i po,
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po,
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po, yiddle i po.
Yiiiing, tongy tongy tongy, yiddy diddy diddy da doh, ying diddy,
Ying tong diddle, yiddledy boo,
(Thigh-slapping followed by a raspberry)
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle, ying tong yiddle i po,
Ying tong, ying tong, ying tong yiddle i po, yiddle i po, oh!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
OK PK (nice tag eh?)

Knowing just how much you hated Thatcher for destroying the working classes, what do you honestly think of Rea's attempt to define your views from his hometown?

The steel mill closes down tonight
As the dying embers fade
And all the guys are too tired for tears
Checking their final pay
Those razored sabres of steel they made
They never got to hold
So many sold, millions
Silence in the bar tonight
And some aren't even here
And red eyes gaze uncertainly
Deep down into their beer
And the Holy Ghost surrounds you with faith
And peace of mind
And love is all around you everywhere

Stick it
Stick it out

We're sure if you try
You'll get by
Find a way

Stick it
Stick it out

We're sure if you try
You'll get by
Find a way

They tell you it's all over
They don't need you anymore
You hear him shout "bring the next one in"
As you're walking out the door
Decisions for so many dictated by so few
A free man for the first time
What are you gonna do now

Stick it
Stick it out

We're sure if you try
You'll get by
Find a way

Hardly lift music PK, or does it pain you to admit it?

Those lyrics are so poingniant that they were enough to ensure I never, ever voted for Thatcher. But you dismiss him for feking 'Driving home for Christmas'

Talk about having a battle of wits with the unarmed
Old 13-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Or how about this anti Thatcher rant?

She talks like thunder
She really lets you know
She keep changing the rules
And leave you nowhere to go
She bore you rigid with the party line
She's so far left she's gonna get left behind

He wants six pretty white spots on each side of the dice
He wants it all to be equal but he needs to throw twice
Now there's a guy in the corner with a smiling gaze
He turns to me and says
I'm gonna buy a hat
'Cos I think it's gonna rain
Got caught out coming here
Ain't gonna get caught again
I'm gonna buy a big one
Like that Mr Gorbachov
And when it's raining all this crap
Oh my hat will keep it off

Now take a look at all them leaders
Desperation in their eyes
The tight faces smiles that cannot hide it
They know no more than you or I

So I'm gonna buy a hat
'Cos here they come again
And everytime they start to blah-blah
It's you and me that gets the rain

Pure PK in verse.

Still judging him by 'Driving Home for Christmas' PK? or have I made you perhaps consider that, along with his slide guitar playing, his lyrical input is worthy of respect?
Old 13-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Dis-Member

P.S. I do realise that my last few posts confirm my complete and utter lack of social acceptability where music is concerned.
Old 13-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Dis-Member

I was going on to post more cracking Rea lyrics before I realised that there was no point to it. Those like PK who judge him by the, franky fekking awful, 'Driving Home for Christmas' are missing out on one of the best lyricists (that is spelt so wrong!) this country has ever produced.

Some of his early lyrics are up there with the best. Some of his mid term work was awesome. Were any of you Chris Rea lovers there when he sang the slow version of Ace of Hearts with the added verse to his wife about when and where he first met here? Awesome, powerful stuff that, to the best of my knowledge, never appeared in a recorded format.

You just had to be there on that night.
Old 13-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Its the way of all things. Not percieved as trendy so he must be crap then.
Old 13-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Dis-Member

God I didn't realise I was that pissed last night
Old 13-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Palace Cowbell Ringer

TonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appearTonysMumsabitch endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
Who the feck is Chris Rea?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

He's still driving home for Christmas, he started in the run up to Christmas 2004 and still he's stuck in traffic. Must be on the road to hell.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Whereas Ian Brown is wandering round in a daze calling everyone "geeeeezer" and wonderin why no ones playing his songs on the radio anymore.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Whereas Ian Brown is wandering round in a daze calling everyone "geeeeezer" and wonderin why no ones playing his songs on the radio anymore.
Ian Brown (with the Stone Roses) recorded probably the best album known to man.

Chris Rea can't even navigate the roads of Great Britain.

I win.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Ian Brown recorded probably the best album known to man.

Chris Rea can't even navigate the roads of Great Britain.

I win.
Ian Brown can't walk down the street without bumping into Noel Gallacher, whereas Chirs Rea can drive a Ferrari round a race track without crashing. I win!