Home | Forums | Gallery | Predictions | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 27-07-2006, 10:53 PM

palace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Couldn't give a ••••. Go for the football, myself.
Exactly.
Old 27-07-2006, 10:54 PM

palace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterpalace_boy_luke worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally posted by eagles #1
ive even seen videos of the whole lot 'bundeling ' towards the front of the tier in an attempt to scare the away fans...the thick ••••• don't seem to realise that the two stands are not connected and there's a 30 foot drop
LMFAO
Old 27-07-2006, 11:02 PM

Kiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKiraly_legend : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
footballs always the winner...sometimes hockey is

but football is the winner
Old 27-07-2006, 11:04 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betrayeagles #1 is like ice, their footing does betray
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Ah look who it is...
Old 28-07-2006, 02:14 AM
18-10-2005

pallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfaction
Quote:
Originally posted by palace_boy_luke
Not all Brighton fans come from Eastbourne. There are also some Palace fans around that area a few on here include -
Me, appletart, Rob Fox to name a few.

Just piss off, nobody cares who the harder team FFS.

/edited
Wise words.I'm from Seaford but rumour has it that Brighton fans are present all over the place, just as there are Palace fans all over the place too.
Old 28-07-2006, 02:40 AM
18-10-2005

pallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfaction
Quote:
Originally posted by Shef Sky Blue
big battles,i dont think anyone outside brighton and se25 would call them that,its hardly westham and millwall is it,we should just act like a south london club,the support we take to are real rivals millwall is a joke,when i lived in s london i saw millwall fans around me,thats the rivals,the fact is brighton was invented to avoid hating millwall,we should realise that they are the enemy,followed by clowntown,i mean was it that about,we go to the valley they pisstake us start on us outside,but we think were clever saying we dont care,are fans need to grow some balls.i dread to think how many we take saturday.
You reall are a prize Cock.
You obviously weren't there in the 70's and 80's.It was every bit as nasty as any other local derby.Things have mellowed over the years, mainly due to CCTV and police intelligence, but there is still a core element that are up for it whenever we cross paths, which sadly is not often enough.Brighton / Palace fixtures always get the juices flowing and always will, on both sides.It's called History.
Old 28-07-2006, 05:01 AM
Visiting Seagull

Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette
Quote:
the fact is brighton was invented to avoid hating millwall,
You invented us?
Amazing, seeing as how we celebrated our centenary 4 years before you!!

Quote:
are fans need to grow some balls.i dread to think how many we take saturday.
OUR not are - and not all football fans want to grow balls thanks very much

Banter not abuse
Old 28-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Visiting Seagull

Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette
Just for our Sheffield friend (who probably knows more about the Blades v Owls)

The seeds of this seemingly unlikely rivalry were sown in a pub at West Street, Brighton, on Christmas Eve, 1975. In response to Palace fans shouting ‘Eagles’ Albion supporter Lee Phillips started a chant of ‘Seagulls’.
It caught on when the teams met two months later, prompting Albion to change their nickname from the Dolphins (not that it ever really caught on).

The rivalry exploded in the 76/77 season, when the clubs met 5 times. Alan Mullery, then Brighton’s manager became public enemy number one with Eagles fans.
Four of those matches attracted crowds of 27000 and 30,000, the exception being an FA Cup first round, second replay at neutral Stamford Bridge, which has gone down in Albion-Palace folklore for a referee branded ‘Challis of the Palace’ by both sets of fans.
Referee Ron Challis disallowed a Brighton goal for an alleged handball by Peter Ward, although Palace defender Jim Cannon later admitted he had pushed the striker and the goal should have stood. Then Chris Cattlin was fouled in the box by Barry Silkman and Challis awarded Brighton a penalty.
Brian Horton took it and scored, but the referee made him take it again because some of their players had encroached into the box. Alan Mullery said, ‘I’ve never seen that since, a penalty scored but re-taken because of encroachments by the defending team, and I still don’t understand it. He took it again, but the keeper (Paul Hammond) saved it. I was diabolical with rage. The penalty was the culmination of a lot of things and it was just one of those nights when the referee gave us nothing.’
Palace held on to win 1-0 and, at the final whistle, a furious Mullery stormed onto the pitch to confront Challis.
’He wouldn’t talk to me about it at the time and I never spoke to him about it,’ Mullery adds. ‘As I walked off, Palace fans were spitting and throwing tea at me so I reacted the same as any manager would have. I stuck my fingers up at them. It was instantaneous, spur of the moment.’ although he cannot remember his exact words, it was reported Mullery yelled, ‘You’re not worth that, Palace!’, as he threw a handful of notes and coins into a puddle.
Mullery was led away by police and later fined £75 by the FA.

The rivalry became even fiercer as Eagles boss Terry Venables continued to pit his wits against Mullery, his former Tottenham team-mate.
Palace replaced Portsmouth as Brighton’s biggest derby match during the late 70’s and the rivalry became enormous. Mullery explains, 'we were doing the same thing that Palace was doing, getting promotion with a manager in the limelight and big crowds. There were 33,000 at Brighton every home match.’
Both clubs went up from div 3 in that season of cup controversy, the Seagulls as runners up and Palace in 3rd place.

Brighton gained promotion from Div 3 as runners up & Palace in 3rd place.

Albion missed promotion on goal difference the following season as Spurs went up amid suggestions of a final day carve-up in a 0-0 draw with Southampton, who were also promoted. Palace finished 9th but scuppered Albion’s chances by drawing both derbies.

Brighton eventually gained promotion to the old First division winning 3-1 at Newcastle on the final day of the 1978-79 seasons but even then there was a Palace related twist. The Eagles pipped Mullery’s men to the title by a point as a record crowd of 51,482 watched Venables’ side confirm their own promotion beating Burnley.
Brighton tore Palace apart in front of 28,000 at the Goldstone on Boxing Day 79, as Ward gave Cannon the run around & Horton exorcised the penalty demon by scoring to make it 3-0.
In 80/81 Brighton did the double over Palace and enabled them to stay up, whereas Palace was left adrift at the bottom of the division by 13 points.

June 81 Mullery resigned after a boardroom row and a year later Ron Noades appointed him Palace manager. Many Eagles fans boycotted the club in protest.

Following the Seagulls 1983 FA Cup final appearance and relegation from the top flight, battle resumed in Div 2 with Brighton winning the next 3 matches but it was a 1-1 draw at Selhurst in April 1985 that added most to the ill feeling between the two sides, when Palace’s Henry Hughton’s leg breaking tackle ended Gerry Ryan’s career.

Brighton’s relegation in 1987 put a brief stop to the fun and games but back in div 2 88/89 Albion won a 3-1 dingdong on Boxing Day at the Goldstone. Palace got revenge at Easter with a 2-1 win but they missed a golden opportunity to humiliate their rivals. They were awarded 4 penalties but they missed 3.

Kerry Mayo says even at youth and reserve level there is no love lost between the clubs. A youth match in 96 resulted in 3 Palace players, 2 Brighton players; the Palace coach and a spectator were all sent off in a match that Brighton won 2-0.

Many of the meetings in the 70’s & 80’s had serious crowd trouble. Ref Ron Challis threatened to abandon a League game in Feb 76 if the Palace fans continued to throw smoke bombs.

The next meeting waited 13 years until Oct 2003. Brighton had escaped from the brink of the Conference to win consecutive Championships back to division 1. Steve Coppell had taken over as Brighton manager after Brighton fans had been serenading him since 1984 with his own song as a Palace manager
Agent Coppell said the Palace fans. The Seagulls did wonder as they watched their team give an inept, spineless performance which extended their losing streak to 12 league games. The score was 5-0 to Palace but the Brighton fans were still singing 6-5 we’re gonna win 6-5.

It took the dreadful events of 9/11 to extend the olive branch between the clubs. Robert Eaton a Seagull supporter was killed in the attack on the World Trade centre. Brighton fans set up a memorial fund in aid of a youth soccer team in a deprived area of New York. Around £40,000 was raised by matches between the clubs supporters, the first of which inevitably went to penalties. The website for this is To view the link you have to Register or Login

The story so far:-

League
Crystal Palace wins 30
Draws 20
Brighton wins 34

FA Cup
Crystal Palace win 1
Draws 2
Brighton wins 2

First match Brighton 0-2 Palace Dec25th 1920 Div3
Latest match Brighton 2-3 Palace Nov 20th 2005 Championship
Biggest Palace win 6-0 Feb 11th 1950 Div 3 south
Biggest Brighton win 5-0 Jan 14th 1956 Div 3 south

This has been reproduced from an article in 442 magazine.(2003) updated by me.

Banter not abuse
Old 28-07-2006, 05:31 AM
Visiting Seagull

Banter not abuse

Last edited by Seagullette; 28-07-2006 at 05:46 AM.
Old 28-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
can only be brighton,just like us english hate the germans and the frogs.i always thought west ham ,millwall were rivals
Old 28-07-2006, 06:40 AM
City by the Yarra

Location: Worlds Most liveable City, yet again... apparently !!!
ozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldozzieEagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Traditonally large elements of Millwall fans, would act like mercenarys merging very readily with teams Like Chelsea, Westham, and even Tottenham and on very rare occasions Palace, for games where confrontation was expected.

See Tooting and Mitcham Where Chelsea and Millwall first formed this kind of alliance
Old 28-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Cheesy member

t_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Ollie
i once saw a millwall 'fan' chanting in Eastbourne station. then someone ran over and smacked him

Quote:
Everybody knows you're a dirty little Tart!

Last edited by t_appletart; 28-07-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Old 28-07-2006, 07:31 AM

Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Aguila knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Quote:
Originally posted by waddoneagle
But more hate Brighton, Thats called History!, and you can not change History and Tradition.
I'd say history and tradition suggest that Chelsea have always been our main rivals. Until the late 70s no-one cared about Brighton and I still don't. Insignificant little club.
Old 28-07-2006, 07:36 AM

Lost in Kent is finding a place in our heartLost in Kent is finding a place in our heartLost in Kent is finding a place in our heartLost in Kent is finding a place in our heart
Re: Who Do Palace Hate

Quote:
MILLWALL IT SHOULD BE,MOST PEOPLE UNDER 30 DONT BOTHER WITH BRIGHTON MUCH[BIT EMBARRSING HATING PEOPLE FROM WORTHING,HOVE] WESTHAM,CANT STAND,CLOWNS GROWING MORE ,WHO DO U HATE

I have read this post a few times now, and I honestly cannot understand some people's hostile reaction to the question being asked. Am I missing something here? Being over 30 the whole Brighton rivalry will alwaus be important to me. But for younger Palace fans I can easily see why they would not feel the same. And it has to be said If I could pick one of Charlton,Brighton or Millwall to play at Selhurst in the 3rd round of this season's FA Cup, I would love it to be the Clowns!
Old 28-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by Seagullette
This has been reproduced from an article in 442 magazine.(2003) updated by me.
... and edited heavily.
Old 28-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEdenbridge Eagle In Exile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by palace_boy_luke
Not all Brighton fans come from Eastbourne. There are also some Palace fans around that area a few on here include -
Me, appletart, Rob Fox to name a few.

Just piss off, nobody cares who the harder team FFS.

/edited
And me!
Old 28-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Cheesy member

t_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Olliet_appletart belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
And me!

Quote:
Everybody knows you're a dirty little Tart!
Old 28-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Major-Domo

Helmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever sayHelmut Struntz is saying so much more than just words could ever say
Quote:
Originally posted by Aguila
I'd say history and tradition suggest that Chelsea have always been our main rivals. Until the late 70s no-one cared about Brighton and I still don't. Insignificant little club.
I shared this post with my Chelsea mate (he supported them when they were shit as well) he chortled, he laughed he even tittered.

In fact he cut and pasted it to one of the Chelsea board changing the first reference from Chelsea to Fulham and the reference to Brighton was changed to Palace,

Tell you what the statement made a lot more sense.

Old 28-07-2006, 08:19 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
... and edited heavily.
Where was Kelvin Morton!!!!!
Old 28-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmileysmith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Seagullette
The score was 5-0 to Palace but the Brighton fans were still singing 6-5 we’re gonna win 6-5.
Not that you could hear them.
I'm on www.soulradiouk.com, 10pm till midnight, every other Thursday. You can listen in direct at the radio station or dodge the adverts and listen on my mixlr. If you are in London you can turn your FM dial to the left.

Playing soul, funk, boogie, disco, nu-disco, edits, deep house, soulful house, classic hip-hop, nu-jazz, nu-soul acid jazz and whatever other records I find lying around ...

Facebook

Listen to the recorded shows here: https://soundcloud.com/londonswagger