Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
I have a shed-load of stuff on my + box that I could do with transferring to DVD, but I can't face the prospect of doing it. Is it feasable to take the hard drive out out of my Sky box and hard wire it into my PC to do it that way?

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 02-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipp Ahoy! came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As said before whenever you are looking at getting something from Sky working the old cancellation trick is the only way to go.

They will near on always offer you something, unless you are totally obvious about it. When I worked for them once in sales a guy came through telling me his mate got it when he threatened to cancel and that he wasn't going to cancel but wanted the same offer. I told him he couldn't as he wasn't going to cancel so he said alright then I am going to say I am going to cancel.

So went to transfer him and told the guy in the cancellation department exactly what he said, so what happened? No offer given and the guy backed down little note goes onto the account and he's smegged his chances up.

Normally I couldn't care less but I was having a bad day, my sales ratio was so bad it was a factor in my leaving that month and the guy was being a complete arsehole.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:30 PM

montstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murray
you guys should check this out

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Steve Jobs
Old 02-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It can't be done. The raw encrypted stream is recorded - not anything that might be recognised by a PC. The thread monstar refers to on the digitalspy forums relates to a utility to allow you to copy from one HD to another when upgrading your Sky+ box.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:17 PM

montstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murraymontstar FFS Murray
sorry should clarify. I was in a rush before as I guess everyone on this thread would have a sky+ box I thought the link would be useful, this wont help you copy the stuff to your machine - though I have been told this is possible!

Steve Jobs
Old 02-01-2008, 08:19 PM

you can definitely put a larger hard drive in and be able to record more!
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Steve Jobs
Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by James
It can't be done. The raw encrypted stream is recorded - not anything that might be recognised by a PC. The thread monstar refers to on the digitalspy forums relates to a utility to allow you to copy from one HD to another when upgrading your Sky+ box.
Thanks for your reply James.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 02-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJames came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by montstar
sorry should clarify. I was in a rush before as I guess everyone on this thread would have a sky+ box I thought the link would be useful, this wont help you copy the stuff to your machine - though I have been told this is possible!
You have been misinformed. It isn't possible and probably never will be. As I said earlier, what is recorded on the HD in a Sky Box is not a video file which could be recognised by your PC.

The data recorded to the Sky+ hard disk is a raw, mpeg2, data-stream. The disk data format (both directory and file structures) is not compatible with any operating system. Furthermore, the raw data-stream is encrypted using Videoguard. You need a digibox to view this. It's true that a Dragon Cam may be used to decrypt Videoguard, but only when used with a PC Satellite decoder incorporating a CAM slot. You would also need a valid Sky Card.

The only way to copy is to do it the long way. Buy a capture device and record the AV signal - or use a dedicated DVD recorder (Macrovision allowing).