PDA

View Full Version : Campbell signs for Arsenal!!!

Palace Don
03-07-2001, 04:11 PM
More details to follow here!

Looks like he is in for some fun when he returns to White Hart Lane :eek: :o

He will be on 130,000 a week

Jimbo ?
03-07-2001, 04:14 PM
I just want Andy not Sol !!

Little Matt
03-07-2001, 04:16 PM
Where did you find this? I can't see it on any of the usual web sites.

Cleon
03-07-2001, 04:20 PM
Sky.com

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/storytemplate/storytoppic/0,,1-1022032,00.html

Oisin
03-07-2001, 04:20 PM
It's on this is London

Little Matt
03-07-2001, 04:22 PM
So it is, cheers!

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 04:24 PM
WHAT A DICK!!! ARGH!!!

I will give 1400 to the person who assassinates him.

Palace Don
03-07-2001, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Little Matt
Where did you find this? I can't see it on any of the usual web sites.

Someone told me here at Sky. Confirmed now I think?

zonin2000
03-07-2001, 04:30 PM
Sky Sports broke the news.

zonin2000
03-07-2001, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Sky Sports broke the news.

Obviously I mean AFTER Palace Don told them himself.

zonin2000
03-07-2001, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000

Obviously I mean AFTER Palace Don told them himself.

...And now I realise that Palace Don works for Sky, D'oh!

Tony
03-07-2001, 04:40 PM
Arsenal? Isn't that the club where their chairman was moaning about how 'the game is all about money money money' when he was stamping his little hoofs because Patrick Vieira was playing up.

Ho ho ho:D

zonin2000
03-07-2001, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Daniel_Nash
WHAT A DICK!!! ARGH!!!

I will give 1400 to the person who assassinates him.

'King hell... I can't imagine what you are feeling at the moment!

Personally I wanted him to go abroad so that he could develop his game further.

Benzhiyi
03-07-2001, 04:41 PM
F***ing b*llocks sh*t c*nt arseh*le bast*ard Judas git

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 04:44 PM
I can tell you how i feel... i have the urge to go and get extremely drunk and get extremely violent towards any Gooner fans.

Makes me sick, what a loser. Hope he gets injured and misses the season, and i have not said that about anyone before.

Not about the money, i love Spurs.. my arse you do, you ******* tosser. You're not fit to even be associated with the club. You ******* waste of ******* space.

markholmes1991
03-07-2001, 04:47 PM
one word for you Sol "fool"
Will this persuade Viera to stay now??

arussell
03-07-2001, 04:48 PM
Let's face it Daniel - as gutted as you might be - it's not really a great surprise is it. Everyone knew he wanted to stay in London.

Should make for a couple of interesting matches next season anyway !

Benzhiyi
03-07-2001, 04:48 PM
I can tell you how i feel... i have the urge to go and get extremely drunk and get extremely violent towards any Gooner fans.

Makes me sick, what a loser. Hope he gets injured and misses the season, and i have not said that about anyone before.

Not about the money, i love Spurs.. my arse you do, you ******* tosser. You're not fit to even be associated with the club. You ******* waste of ******* space.

Totally agree Daniel. What a hypocritical ******. Spurs fan all his life? How many people here would go and play for Millwall even though Palace offered you 80000 a week? As for Sky Andrew, what a f***ing w*nker. Fu*k off Sol and let's hope you're injured for the North London derby because otherwise there'll be one hell of a hot reception.

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 04:52 PM
http://www1.planetfootball.com/images/playerpics99_00/england/ars/campbell_arsenalfake.jpg

Its not real.

It's not a surprise but if he wanted to stay in London then why talk to Liverpool, Inter and Barcelona.

I can't believe what a selfish **** he is. His agent will be laughing now and i hope he is injured too, otherwise there will be some very VERY angry faces at the Lane in November.

eaglesrus
03-07-2001, 05:12 PM
I think its a good signing for arsenal.

He is a quality player and is far to good to play in an average spurs (spit) team. Hopefully he will allow arsenal to go and challenge moan u in the title race.

Spurs are going down (hopefully)!!!!!!!

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by eaglesrus

He is a quality player and is far to good to play in an average spurs (spit) team. Hopefully he will allow arsenal to go and challenge moan u in the title race.

Have you always been such a loser?

Men At Work
03-07-2001, 05:16 PM
Makes me sick, what a loser. Hope he gets injured and misses the season

And if anyone said that they wished you were injured so badly you couldn't work for a year they'd be deservedly crucified. I really can't see why you're getting so upset who he signed for - or is it because Arsenal are a better team than yourselves that increases the aggravation? I suppose the closest we'd get to it was if we sold someone to B******n but then the player would be so rubbish that we wouldn't be bothered to see the back of him :)

eaglesrus
03-07-2001, 05:24 PM
No need to take it personal mate however i can see that this is depressing for u.

If u are posting on another clubs fan board (good post count by the way) then u should expect some bad feelings towards your club. I dislike spurs more than any other club in the premier league for various reasons. I am glad cambell has gone because it allows him to play for a GOOD side and improve his game rather than play for a average premier league team which has got nowhere in the last few years. Cambell wants to win things and he is not going to win anything at tottenham in the immediate future. With Arsenal he stands that chance and it will also allow arsenal to challenge moan united.

Spurs are a bit like palace really. Find a good player then he wants to leave because the club cant match his ambitions!!!

Dal
03-07-2001, 05:27 PM
What an idiot.

He could have played anywhere in the world and he chooses to join Arsenal. Has the man got no ambition at all.

Sandowneagle
03-07-2001, 05:38 PM
Couldn't of happened to a better bunch of fans.

Can we sign Zamora now!!!

BaldEagle69
03-07-2001, 05:51 PM
A great signing for Arsenal although I find it hard to believe that he would cross the road as such... Especially after everything he has said in the past about his love for Spurs etc.etc...

As the grounds are so close it is without doubt that he is constantly going to run into Spurs fans around the place and will get so much abuse on a daily basis that you have to wonder if he really knows what he has done!!!!!

Anyway - now that is all over with let's forget about the to$$er and get back to the real issues..

Just when will we sign Bobby Zamora!!!!!!!

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dal
What an idiot.

He could have played anywhere in the world and he chooses to join Arsenal. Has the man got no ambition at all.

Thats why i am upset. Don't care he has left us.. so what.. but to leave us for them.. its like Morrison going to Brighton.

Of course Arsenal are a better club than Spurs, they have shown the ambition to go out and get players with talent and Spurs have been stuck in a rut trying to sort the behind the scenes things out... but that seems done now.. shame we had lost our "prized asset" and to them of all people.

Why do you hate Spurs fans more than anyone else? Any good reasons? Because they are not all tossers, i know many who are.. but then again i know many who are totally not.. and i like to include myself in the not category.

Elephant with mouse gyp
03-07-2001, 06:06 PM
Tottenham fans' troubles aside, I think what the move shows is some cowardice on Campbell's part.

Quite clearly if, as he states, he moved for football reasons, he has made the wrong choice as his football education would have been taken on so much more in Barcelona or Milan.

As it stands he gets to learn from that well-known cultured duo Adams and Keown.

PeterH
03-07-2001, 06:07 PM
I am with Daniel on this one MAW. It hurt badly when Wright went to the Arsenal. For a Spurs player to do it he is effectively sticking his fingers up at all those that supported him for so long. In the same position I would hope he gets injured or is just crap. It will not ruin his livelihood, hes already set up for life, even before this deal.

yourname
03-07-2001, 06:17 PM
well lets face it he could of got almost double money per week if he went to spain or italy ... so i guess have to give him credit for staying in england but why arsenal not liverpool or man utd those teams maybe have the better chance to win the title next season ... did it all boil down to money in the end arsenal being the english team that offered the most ?

Sol a greedy git or honourable for staying in england ... i would of loved to of seen him goto barca could of got a reputation for being the best defender in world ... not sure if he is though :)

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 06:23 PM
Would have been good at Barca, i was hoping he would go there. Playing alongside people like Rivaldo, Christanval, Mr Potato Head (Aberlado), De Boer (maybe), Rockembach, Geovanni he would have developed from the standard English centre back to be a more confident and better version of Rio - comfortable on the ball and good at passing, instead of the "Argh! the ball!! *WHACK* " type.

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 06:26 PM
he would have developed from the standard English centre back to be a more confident and better version of Rio - comfortable on the ball and good at passing, instead of the "Argh! the ball!! *WHACK* " type.

I try to be like that, i hate having to whack the ball away because it just comes back to you.. but my team mates last season always had a go at me for wanting to run the ball out of defence and find one of OUR players with the ball.. peasants. Spurs should sign me, but i would accept a deal with Palace *hint*

PalaceFan in Alabama
03-07-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by eaglesrus

Now maybe the Spurs will understand that most of London does not really care what in the hell happens to them. :grrr:
I can even put up with the Clowns:hmph:

southlondonlalala
03-07-2001, 06:42 PM
Seems to be a lot of people who dislike/hate Spurs on at the moment. Personally I don't mind them to much (allthough lots of their fans do think they are a bigger club than they actually are) and find Aresenal a much more offensive team. Not only did they get Wrighty but there fans are incredibly arrogant and I find, far more irritating than any Spurs fans (except maybe Chaz and Dave). Not only have they proved to be sub standard in the Premier League in recent years, they have also looked crap in Europe yet speak to any Arsenal fan and you would think they were the best team in the world.
Bunch of ***** the lot of them and their manager looks like the offspring an ageing dutch lesbian and Monty Burns.
Anyway, cheers for the opportunity to get that off my chest and cheer up Daniel, Arsenal will win nothing this season without Viera (fingers crossed).:(

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama

Now maybe the Spurs will understand that most of London does not really care what in the hell happens to them. :grrr:
I can even put up with the Clowns:hmph:

Kenny! :(

Just have to go out and get Nesta, Guardiola and Shevchenko then won't we :p

Men At Work
03-07-2001, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
I am with Daniel on this one MAW. It hurt badly when Wright went to the Arsenal. For a Spurs player to do it he is effectively sticking his fingers up at all those that supported him for so long. In the same position I would hope he gets injured or is just crap. It will not ruin his livelihood, hes already set up for life, even before this deal.

The Wright issue probably hurt more back then because Bosman didn't exist so players stayed with clubs for long periods of time and player power wasn't as prevalent. These days there is almost no loyalty (S.C. a very notable exception) so I don't understand why the grief when none is shown. Despite Campbell being "set up for life" I still don't like to see injury wished upon any other player. Hoping they become "just crap" is fair enough but wanting pain inflicted on a player is going a little too far (and yes, I still remember my Spurs supporters thread :) ).

Riccardo
03-07-2001, 07:11 PM
Shouldn't this be in the transfer hotline forum ?:confused:

03-07-2001, 08:00 PM
Daniel, my sympathies.

The man is a complete and utter tart. To think he slagged off Sheringham for jumping ship when he did. My oldest sprog and his mum - both of the Spurs persuasion - are burning ArSol in effigy even now.

Oh well - he was over-rated anyway. Enjoy the derbies!

Daniel_Nash
03-07-2001, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by The Doctor
Daniel, my sympathies.

The man is a complete and utter tart. To think he slagged off Sheringham for jumping ship when he did. My oldest sprog and his mum - both of the Spurs persuasion - are burning ArSol in effigy even now.

Oh well - he was over-rated anyway. Enjoy the derbies!

At some games they give away Yorkie bars.. i wonder if they will give out Iron Bars to us and a "Hit me" sign to the Gooners.

Si121
04-07-2001, 03:40 AM
He is a bit of a ***** for joining Arsenal because even Liverpool will probably finish higher than them next year. Can you believe his cheek....
"I've joined Arsenal purely for footballing reasons and I hope everyone understands that" Do you Daniel? I'm sure you don't mind now...yeah right!
Just to add, I used to like Spurs but unfortunately my brother supports them and he's a knob so this kind of thing makes me laugh. :p

PalaceFan in Alabama
04-07-2001, 03:45 AM
Kenny! :(
Daniel it was not directed at you, I have a cousin who lives in Penge and has never been to White Hart Lane, I am pleased just to p!ss him off;)

CPFC_R_GREAT
04-07-2001, 03:58 AM
I THOUGHT U MEANT OUR ANDY

SE20
04-07-2001, 04:46 AM
made me laugh anyway:D
no offence to our spurs loving posters but I couldn't give a **** what happens in north London. But Jordan can learn something from this - come on SIGN ZAMORA NOW

Moontoad
04-07-2001, 04:06 PM
Ofcourse if Spurs had signed Viera or Henry yesterday most of their fans would be overjoyed, never mind that either would be classed as just as big a judas/scums by Gunners fans as Campbell is now by them.
Likewise most Palace fans would love to sign Zamora - but if Clinton went to Brighton (obviously won't happen) then he'd be public enemy number 1 down Selhurst way.
I think it's called double standards and as Football fans it's our right to have them.

Gooders
04-07-2001, 04:16 PM
Daniel - I think most of us know how you feel.

It doesn't really compare but I would imagine you feel how I did when Ian Wright left for Arsenal. We weren't in their league (although neither are Tottenham) and we have no history (whereas Tottenham do) but we had the makings of a very good team indeed when he did the runner.

No one can say the move didn't work out for him but I hated him for years and will never completely forgive him for being the catalyst for the break-up of a very promising team.

DennisUphill
04-07-2001, 04:33 PM
What's all the song & dance about, Phukk me drunk, the blokes entitled to go wherever he see's fit. If he can get the dough he wants in the UK,good luck to him, if he can get the dough in London double good luck to him.
There's no such thing as loyalty by club or player nowadays, it's all about the folding green stuff. Get a grip boys!

Daniel_Nash
04-07-2001, 08:26 PM
Well, i don't believe it was just for footballing reasons because Barcelona would have been a better move. I think.

But i am not actually that bothered right now.. i am too hot and i just hope he knows what he is doing.. they are going to get him a bodyguard apparently.

There will be some music to face when he returns. Could be for England on Aug 15th at WHL vs Holland... tsk tsk.

beeltrystig
18-11-2007, 08:34 PM
wow.

StudentEagle
18-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by beeltrystig
wow.

WHY?

beeltrystig
18-11-2007, 08:43 PM
why not?

Sick Bucket
18-11-2007, 08:43 PM
What?

beeltrystig
18-11-2007, 08:44 PM
omg its snowingggg!

crystal essex
18-11-2007, 08:45 PM
wow.
Nice bump wanker.

Super-Ste-Cious
18-11-2007, 09:19 PM
omg its snowingggg!

Your a complete cock :hmph:

gallery sex god
18-11-2007, 09:29 PM
omg its snowingggg!

and your brain is frozen :rolleyes:

back to school tomorrow:S:

Tony Montana
19-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Woah, some people take this far too seriously don't they?! Someone bumps a thread and people call him "wanker" and "cock", i just don't get it. It's hardly put you out and just appears to be an over reaction from a few who perhaps need to get out?

macstar
19-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Tony Montana
Woah, some people take this far too seriously don't they?! Someone bumps a thread and people call him "wanker" and "cock", i just don't get it. It's hardly put you out and just appears to be an over reaction from a few who perhaps need to get out?

the lord has spoken....

Diggers digs in?
19-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I won't say "w@nker" or "c0ck", but I will say "Why?"

beef
19-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Looks like old Sol made the right decision

KevTheOptimist
19-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Hello Peter

cpfc4evandeva
19-11-2007, 11:25 AM

Indeed, tis a strange thing.

Seba
19-11-2007, 11:30 AM
football

Tony Montana
19-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by macstar
the lord has spoken....

Finally, you have aknowledged my status, now be a good boy, pull yourself away from your hornby train set and pray at my feet.

macstar
19-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Finally, you have aknowledged my status, now be a good boy, pull yourself away from your hornby train set and pray at my feet.

;)

http://www.ewtn.com/art/POPE/John_paul_II/kiss_foot.jpg

spt1978
19-11-2007, 06:51 PM

Kid has a history of being a twat.