PDA

View Full Version : AJ going, affect on other players

Billyd
22-06-2005, 10:33 PM
sorry to start another AJ thread.

But ive been thinking, AJ going is seriouly going to dent our chances of promotion. As well as that it appears he is a fairly popular person amongst the other players. Dunoo why i think that but he seems to get on well with everyone etc.

Could him moving make others think they might move on, such as Kiraly or Hall? im very worried it might :sob:

Dave
22-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Hardly the life and soul of the dressing room is he?

Billyd
22-06-2005, 10:46 PM
we wouldnt know but i get the impression he gets on well with everyone. I mean he wouldnt say he dedicates all his goals to his team mates if he hated them now would he?

eagles #1
22-06-2005, 11:07 PM
I think so. Not to mention Dowie.

Gabor has said AJ is vital to the team in the past. Fitz has praised him. Butterfield is his best mate.

I think everyone will feel a little down at first but this is a football club and players come and go so they should get used to it.

I still very disappointed in AJ though.

PeterH
23-06-2005, 03:24 AM
I think the likes of Kiraly may consider their options if AJ deserts. It doesn't make us a great prospect for any players that we may want to bring in either.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Important we don't look like a sinking ship and if we lose both our two best players (AJ and Wayne) that is a concern to me. Then Kiraly will want out, then so will Hall..... etc.

Harry Holmesdale
23-06-2005, 11:14 AM
I must say I am concerned about Wayne Andrews..

Boyandy
23-06-2005, 11:16 AM
I think it depends on who we bring in.

If we look like we're building something then I reckon they may give it a while longer. If we just sit on the money then they will be off...

brb rule
23-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale

Surely an ideal replacement for AJ at number 8.
Must be worth 30 goals a season.

Beanie
23-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash
Important we don't look like a sinking ship and if we lose both our two best players (AJ and Wayne) that is a concern to me. Then Kiraly will want out, then so will Hall..... etc.
Glad your not an Ipswich or Southampton fan if you think this is a "sinking ship". Wayne is a surprise to nobody and I still think theres a better than even chance that AJ will play against Luton.

sydnsteve
23-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale

Same here. It really looks like he might be staying now.

PeterH
23-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
and I still think theres a better than even chance that AJ will play against Luton.

I hope you are right.

silver
23-06-2005, 07:41 PM
me too

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
23-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Glad your not an Ipswich or Southampton fan if you think this is a "sinking ship". Wayne is a surprise to nobody and I still think theres a better than even chance that AJ will play against Luton.

Exactly. We do not look like a sinking ship at the moment - but if AJ leaves it's very possible a few more might want to jump.

Our only creative midfileder has gone.
One of our first choice centre backs gone.
Our only proven goalscorer last season possibly to go.
Rumors Hall might (our other centre back might want out).

Don't think it will materialise but we could be without quite a few our key players at the start of the season.

Billyd
23-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Hardly the life and soul of the dressing room is he?

busted!!!!!!!!

limited_edition
24-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Nah, AJ wants to stay. He heard McDonald's coming to Selhurst (Neil) and he thought: "I'm lovin' it. He'll appreciate my burger munch celebration."

Coat.

PalaceFan in Alabama
24-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Fecking hell what is the matter with some of you.

What if AJ leaves do you honestly expect players to leave.

Where are some of these players going to go, I have not seen any sign of anyone come knocking on the front door of Selhurst for some of these players. If some of these players wish to jump ship because of AJ, I say jump and join him.

Jack Regan
24-06-2005, 09:42 AM
AJ leaving might prove an incentive to the players that are left to do well.

The message being 'play well, and get yourself a big money move away to a better club.'

Despite what they say, it's not about playing in World Cups for 'your country' when the majority of players can virtually pick what their 'country' is under FIFA rules. Wayne Rooney could have chosen to play for the Republic of Ireland, for example.

If people like Alan Shearer and Paul Scholes are so 'proud' of wearing the 3 lions on their chests, why do you think they've both retired from international football when the manager is still willing to pick them?

Correct. To prolong their club playing careers which pay 50,000+ a week.

And it's not about 'medals' or 'silverware' either. It's about pound notes.

POUND NOTES ladies and gentlemen. Nothing else.

limited_edition
24-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Wonder if AJ had chosen to play for Poland rather than England, would he be asking for a move ?

Jack Regan
24-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Wonder if AJ had chosen to play for Poland rather than England, would he be asking for a move ?

I think he's made a bit of a mistake chosing England over Poland. Clinton Morrison made the right decision when he chose to play for RoI. If you're allowed to pick which country you can play for (and that in itself is wrong) then at least choose one where you've got a realistic chance of being selected for competitive games.

Johnson's had a reasonable season, but there's too many others better than him that'll get picked for England.

World Cup 2006 ain't gonna happen for Johnson, I think he knows it deep down too.

He's just trying to get a big money move away from Palace by playing the 'patriot card'.

smileysmith
24-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
I think the likes of Kiraly may consider their options if AJ deserts. It doesn't make us a great prospect for any players that we may want to bring in either.
I think this is why the Bob Dowie and SJ have stated in the press that AJ is going nowhere ...

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
24-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Jack Regan
I think he's made a bit of a mistake chosing England over Poland. Clinton Morrison made the right decision when he chose to play for RoI. If you're allowed to pick which country you can play for (and that in itself is wrong) then at least choose one where you've got a realistic chance of being selected for competitive games.

Johnson's had a reasonable season, but there's too many others better than him that'll get picked for England.

World Cup 2006 ain't gonna happen for Johnson, I think he knows it deep down too.

He's just trying to get a big money move away from Palace by playing the 'patriot card'.

Completely disagree. Any player who wants to be the best would want to play for the best team. If he played for Poland he might never reach a major championship anyway (do they qualify very often?) And I'm sure given the option most people would choose to play for the better team and also the nation you actually come from.

Any player who would prefer to play for a less sucessful national team and a country they don't actually come from, just cause they are more likely to get a starting place, would clearly not be a player with ambition. They would not be a player who wants to be the best they possibly can. They certainly wouldn't be a winner

Vendy
24-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Jack Regan
And it's not about 'medals' or 'silverware' either. It's about pound notes.

POUND NOTES ladies and gentlemen. Nothing else.

Which is exactly why signed a long term deal for better wages, fees etc, and to improve the deal Palace and AJ gets when he leaves

forsells no1 fan
24-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Got a feeling he will still be here when we play Luton. Cant realy see the likes of Butts, Fitz etc thinking they have to move on to enhance their chances of being in the World Cup squad!:D

Tony Collins
24-06-2005, 06:46 PM
If AJ goes so be it, ID & SJ have done all they can to keep him at the club, if his mind is made up, nothing will stop him leaving, remember Morrison & Gray all they done when they said they wanted to go was put the shirt on and did enough on the pitch, unless we were on Sky or big club scouts were watching. I love AJ, but at present he is not ready for international duty yet alone Germany next year, I believe the only people who can get ready are the Dowie Brothers and he must realise this. If he goes to a so called big club as a lone striker and things don't work out he will spend a long time on the subs bench. So AJ stay loyal to a club that as stayed loyal to you.