PDA

View Full Version : Palace Club Shop

saul1664
22-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Not like I like to kick the club when they are down but ...

Arse have managed to display their 1930's disgraceful goo, sure Mancs and Chelsea have their shirts out

Not Palace, oh no....

What a marketing opportunity, people getting over the pissed feeling of going down, going to the club shop, no we might have them by July 9th but don't bank on it...great...

I only travelled for one and a half hours

Not all is lost though, half price white away kit, with a nice line in blue shorts, plus a red t-shirt with palace logo on it, but all means very unlikely to buy new kit at any stage, though maybe that's the point, go to the club shop, disappointed that no kit is available, buy something else and then buy kit later.

Actually was quite impressed by centenary kit (didn't look as sharp on internet), but 50 for a shirt...come on someone is having a giraffe, and it's not me in charge of the zoo...

RDSdaEAGLE
23-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Now I'm not usually someone to pass an opportunity to knock the club, but I don't think you can really blame Palace for it.

Diadora, and many other kit manufacturers, have schedules which they follow to meet kit production demands. Obviously the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc will get priority due to the exposure and the size of the club. Big teams get priority, that's the way it is.

Being the centenary season, the club is obviously thinking of this as its priority in terms of kits. The centenary shirt is nice, its not a classic, but I've bought it, and I'm sure that others will too.

I don't think the price reflects the shirts quality, its as good as any other shirt, so I do fail to see where the 10 quid extra comes from, but its our history and I guess that's why I've bought into it.

If you'd have phoned the club shop you might have found out about the home and away kits release date before travelling. You can't blame the club for your failure to do so.

selhurst star
23-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Oity toity ladi da.

stupalace
23-06-2005, 06:57 AM
in defence of the club shop :eek:
i rang twice in the close-season got through after 3 rings both times and spoke to two different very helpful people . Unless by mistake i have been ringing the wrong number things could be on an up staff wise . Unfortunately it will take another 100 years for the rest of it to do so :rolleyes:

paf
23-06-2005, 07:11 AM
it's about choice and price. The choice available is crap, the price is too high. Easiest solution is vote with your wallet. I've said it it before and it's worth repeating, how SJ made any money in the retail business is beyond me, totally.

elliott
23-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by saul1664
come on someone is having a giraffe, and it's not me in charge of the zoo...

A man walks into a bar with his pet giraffe and sits him at a table whilst he gets the drinks.
"Oi, you can't leave that lying there"
That's not a lion, that's my sodding giraffe.

:)

AlanD
23-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Iv lost count how many times iv heard that one. 28 days later the film just killed it.

lyrical_g
23-06-2005, 11:11 AM
wat the hell are u on about stupalace?!i have called up many a time,put on hold for about 10 minutes,and then talked to an illiterate idiot who has no interest in their job at all!!

c_block_lad
23-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Why anyone stills buys Palace gear is a suprise to me.

The 100 year kit is nice, but at 50 notes for the same material as the new home/away shirts, well what a joke. Oh...but you get a nice box with it...

Laughable. I really do wonder why people fall for this business, why anyone would want to pay 15 more for a 100 years shirt is beyond me.

I went to the Croydon club shop to buy a Father Days present, I got about 6 on my teamcard, no mugs in stock. There is no point in getting angry anymore, It's no secret I dont like giving my money to the club and this is a major reason why.

c_block_lad
23-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE

Being the centenary season, the club is obviously thinking of this as its priority in terms of kits. The centenary shirt is nice, its not a classic, but I've bought it, and I'm sure that others will too.

I don't think the price reflects the shirts quality, its as good as any other shirt, so I do fail to see where the 10 quid extra comes from, but its our history and I guess that's why I've bought into it.

What bunging a shite box and a crappy little badge with an already overpriced shirt is "our history" now?

:D

eagles #1
23-06-2005, 11:45 AM
So it's probably not a good idea to order my shirts (yes both centenary and home shirt, i'm stupid :eek: ) online then? As the shop do not even know when the Home kit's coming in?

stupalace
23-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by lyrical_g
wat the hell are u on about stupalace?!i have called up many a time,put on hold for about 10 minutes,and then talked to an illiterate idiot who has no interest in their job at all!!

Was it recently ?
if it was i must have mis-dialled

Latvian Eagle
23-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Please tell me the kits are going to be released on time! :sob: I've pre ordered the Home, away, and keeper shirts. It's actually been a while since we last released a kit late, and I think that was the yellow away kit in 2000/01 when it finally reached the club shop in November.

I remember the 97/98 away kit, and keepers home shirt were delayed until about November/December. And a few other Adidas kits were delayed actually. But since the 00/01 season I think we've released every kit on time.

saul1664
23-06-2005, 11:20 PM
July 9th expected but they can't guarantee, said should have them definetely in stock by time of Milan game (27th)

Oddjob
24-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Why anyone stills buys Palace gear is a suprise to me.

The 100 year kit is nice, but at 50 notes for the same material as the new home/away shirts, well what a joke. Oh...but you get a nice box with it...

Laughable. I really do wonder why people fall for this business, why anyone would want to pay 15 more for a 100 years shirt is beyond me.

I went to the Croydon club shop to buy a Father Days present, I got about 6 on my teamcard, no mugs in stock. There is no point in getting angry anymore, It's no secret I dont like giving my money to the club and this is a major reason why.

Once again I find myself agreeing with CBL.

Our off the field activities are a joke, we have people gagging to spend money and they dont seem to want our business!!

Its all well and good investing in a few players - some of whom could be failures,but I am dying to see some long term investment in the ground and facilities, cause in 10 years time Jon Macken wont be playing for Palace, but we will all still be going to SP.............

they are chucking money down the drain in terms of merchandising, tickets and food/drink, and seeing as Jordan has a retail background it staggers me.

c_block_lad
24-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Oddjob

Our off the field activities are a joke, we have people gagging to spend money and they dont seem to want our business!!

Its all well and good investing in a few players - some of whom could be failures,but I am dying to see some long term investment in the ground and facilities, cause in 10 years time Jon Macken wont be playing for Palace, but we will all still be going to SP.............

they are chucking money down the drain in terms of merchandising, tickets and food/drink, and seeing as Jordan has a retail background it staggers me.

Thats the thing, people are desperate to spend money with the club.

Every Christmas my mum goes down to the shop to buy Palace stuff for the family and everyyear it is the same with stuff out of stock and not being replaced till after Christmas. She has fairly large amount of to spend as to all people around christmas, but nothing there.

As for Selhurst Park my own views are well known. I dont think people know what a shithole Selhurst Park is now because they are to blured eyed to see the state of the ground. It really is a filthy horrible cesspit of a ground. The sooner we move out, or some major investment is done on the ground, and I mean brand new Main Stand not cheap paint jobs, the better.

Even the likes of Coventry with Highfield Road, a ground which is better than SP are getting new stadiums, Portsmouth are as well within the current Fratton Park site, Swansea have a new ground and while. The standard of the ground is non-league.

PauLo
24-06-2005, 09:33 AM
The standard of the ground is non-league.

yeah, you get alot of 25000+ seater stadiums in the confrence don't you?! christ :rolleyes:

Oddjob
24-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by PauLo
yeah, you get alot of 25000+ seater stadiums in the confrence don't you?! christ :rolleyes:

He's not referring to the size but the quality of the ground

i.e

The facilities - toilets are shocking for example, bars are understocked and under staffed

seating - the main stand is 30 years out of date, you cant swing a cat in the AWS on a busy day - the away fans pee in portaloos! I know we shouldnt care about the away fans but its still crappy

clubs smaller than us are moving past us........35, yes we are having a laugh.

Dartford Lad
24-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I think I am going to buy a couple of the training/casual t-shirts this year. I picked one up in last years sale and it was great quality and I still wear it to play footie in now. You wouldn't even know it was over a year old.
I brought this seasons away shirt and after a couple of washes bits of the stitching were coming away and I expect a bit more than that if I'm paying 40 or 50 quid for what is basically a t-shirt anyway!

c_block_lad
24-06-2005, 09:50 AM

i.e

The facilities - toilets are shocking for example, bars are understocked and under staffed

seating - the main stand is 30 years out of date, you cant swing a cat in the AWS on a busy day - the away fans pee in portaloos! I know we shouldnt care about the away fans but its still crappy

All of the above. In terms of facilties Selhurst Park is non-league. Hell even Darlington have a brand new stadium!

screamingalice
24-06-2005, 10:13 AM

Why would Jordan make a long term investment in the ground? Please do not forget who owns the ground. Lets face it other than absolute essential repairs there is going to be little investment in the ground until either S.J. buys it off Noades or we move to another site. The only way to g'tee theclubs future is to spend money on players and the academy, once we are etablished in the premier league the club will then havethemoney to invets in other areas. I am sure the vast majority of Palace fans would rather see a winning team than be able to buy a mug without any hassle from the club shop!

Yes most people are right and in general the service is not great at the club in the shop in the bars etc, but until we are wealthy enough topay good wages to get the right people thats the way it is. Also on the stock front, its a balancing act. This time of year clubs income are at its lowest point, yes if they had extensive stock they may sell a bit more gear, but would it be enough to justify filling a warehouse? The time we need to have stock is when the friendlies come along andthe league starts and there are 000's of fans at Selhurst wanting to buy. If the stock is bad then thats the time to complain.

Rome was not built in a day and its no use comparing Palace to Arsenal and Chelsea becasue they have the finances to suport a big operation that we do not have. Jordan has had to put the team and coaching staff right first because the biggest form of income to Palace is gate money and sponsorship etc. Once we are a strong football team again and have plenty of cash flowing in then he can attack the other areas, but do not expect the shop to be a main priority the ground must be next on his list.

screamingalice
24-06-2005, 10:18 AM

i.e

Do not blame Jordan for this. Noades failed to develop the ground when he had the opportunity. Let's be honest we the fans paid for the Holmesdale stand. He tried to get Wimbldedon to pitch in with their Football Trust money after Hillsboro' which they would not do and Croydon Council blocked the proposed development of the main stand.

As far as the bars staff and stock are concerned again that all comes down to money and priority. Yes some smaller clubs may have better grounds, but JOrdan is getting it right on thepitch which at the end of the day has to be top priority.

Oddjob
24-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by screamingalice
Do not blame Jordan for this. Noades failed to develop the ground when he had the opportunity. Let's be honest we the fans paid for the Holmesdale stand. He tried to get Wimbldedon to pitch in with their Football Trust money after Hillsboro' which they would not do and Croydon Council blocked the proposed development of the main stand.

As far as the bars staff and stock are concerned again that all comes down to money and priority. Yes some smaller clubs may have better grounds, but JOrdan is getting it right on thepitch which at the end of the day has to be top priority.

Tim Cahill?

Aliou Cisse?

We got relegated

Is Jordan getting it right on the pitch?

HIPEMENT
24-06-2005, 11:43 AM
well when you have nike do your advertising they wont let anything slide look at that 1905 advert than done that was good

oi don't blame NOADs for the ground he sold land to croydon council and they had an agreement not to build anything but they did what means know we cant build anything higher than whats there..,,,, and thats why i have no idea why palace help croydon out for they dont support us..... and going back on a deal to

Pub Idol
24-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Its getting a bit old hat now. The club obviously has many failings, ground etc... But to be fair we have had problems with the ground for years and things have never been very professional at Palace. We all know it should be better. But until a time where we have serious investment in the club ( off the pitch) then we will have to lump it. I disagree with C-Blocks rantings about Selhurst being a cess pit. I love that place. Its one of my favourite places in the world. I would love it to be developed obvioulsy but I would prefer Palace played there than a souless concrete block like Reading, Millwall etc..

CPFC Guy
24-06-2005, 12:05 PM
We can't complain when gillingham fans have to suffer with their ground

c_block_lad
24-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Guy
We can't complain when gillingham fans have to suffer with their ground

There new stand is better in terms of facilties than anything Selhurst has to offer...

Oddjob
24-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Pub Idol
I disagree with C-Blocks rantings about Selhurst being a cess pit. I love that place. Its one of my favourite places in the world. I would love it to be developed obvioulsy but I would prefer Palace played there than a souless concrete block like Reading, Millwall etc..

I'm sorry but all this our ground has 'soul' and 'spirit' simply translate to me as:

Its old and decrepid.

CPFC Guy
24-06-2005, 01:10 PM
There new stand is better in terms of facilties than anything Selhurst has to offer...

Yeah and so thats why its been voted the worst football ground and has appeared on a few TV programs with people complaining about it.

eagles #1
29-06-2005, 02:11 PM
I ordered my Centenary shirt on Sunday on the net and shock horror......it arrived today!!! My mate waited 3 weeks for his!

So credit where credit is due, well done Club Shop very quick delivery.

I like it.

c_block_lad
29-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
I ordered my Centenary shirt on Sunday on the net and shock horror......it arrived today!!! My mate waited 3 weeks for his!

So credit where credit is due, well done Club Shop very quick delivery.

I like it.

The shirt is bloody nice, one of the nicest Palace kits I ever seen. If anyone gets a chance go and have a look, the picture on the website does not do it justice.

But 50... for a shite box:D :clown:

Kirby
29-06-2005, 03:17 PM
July 9th expected

Perfect. I fly out to work in Zante for the summer on July 8th :veryangry

orpington pisshead
29-06-2005, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by screamingalice
[B]
Also on the stock front, its a balancing act. This time of year clubs income are at its lowest point, yes if they had extensive stock they may sell a bit more gear, but would it be enough to justify filling a warehouse?

Sorry have to disagree with this bit m8, NOW is the time to fill the shop and warehouse up with the kits and more importantly leisure wear. Most people start going away now and whether its right or wrong alot of people like to wear some sort of palace gear when they go away be it a top or better ie polo shirt plus you have the kiddie factor, footy tops on a whole represent good value for money and last quite a while making them ideal for youngsters. Then theres the boredom factor where people have bit more time on their hands due to no footy so why not make a trip to the less packed out club shop to see the latest range.

Mackenuff
29-06-2005, 04:17 PM
July 9th expected but they can't guarantee, said should have them definetely in stock by time of Milan game (27th)

Seems that the dates are already being put back. I went into the club shop on my travels today and the dopey bird working there said that the new kit is out on the 15th!!!

I suppose, if I pop in next week, it'll be the 22nd and so on......

:bash: :veryangry :sob:

Latvian Eagle
29-06-2005, 08:06 PM
The kits should have been in production ages ago. They've been out 2-3 weeks already! There should be no excuses for a delay!

Dan Dare
30-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Can anyone tell me why they want to charge 10 for delivery of the centenary book and dvd??? Are they getting one of the players to deliver it or something???

Stevieboy2
30-06-2005, 09:06 AM
That'd be a novelty!
Terribly expensive, cardboard and sticky labels, nowadays.

Oddjob
01-07-2005, 08:35 AM
just ordered my home shirt

5.50 p + p, how do they do it and make a profit eh?

Mackenuff
01-07-2005, 08:44 AM
just ordered my home shirt

5.50 p + p, how do they do it and make a profit eh?

And by the time you get it, it'll probably already be in the club shop anyway!!

Oddjob
01-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Mackenuff
And by the time you get it, it'll probably already be in the club shop anyway!!

I have the utmost faith in our clubs abaility to ship this item to me promptly and effeciently

Mackenuff
01-07-2005, 08:54 AM
I have the utmost faith in our clubs abaility to ship this item to me promptly and effeciently

Yeah, right!! ;)

They're probably sitting there thinking, "Another mug has just paid 5.50 postage costs when he could have just picked the shirt up on the same day we're gonna post it."

:o

Oddjob
01-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Mackenuff
Yeah, right!! ;)

They're probably sitting there thinking, "Another mug has just paid 5.50 postage costs when he could have just picked the shirt up on the same day we're gonna post it."

:o

to be fair though I live In Essex so travel to the club shop would cost me a fiver at least - either that or wait till the Inter game which is too far away

Mackenuff
01-07-2005, 09:07 AM
to be fair though I live In Essex so travel to the club shop would cost me a fiver at least - either that or wait till the Inter game which is too far away

That's fair enough then. i still reckon you'll be lucky to see your shirt before the 15th though. Better check the spelling on the 'quality assurance' badge as well!!