PDA

View Full Version : Glad we went down !

shipfaced
23-06-2005, 08:12 AM
I have the bug for posting now and more so for Palace for next season.

Don't get me wrong I was devastated when we went down, but I am really looking forward to next season. Let's face it our beloved Palace have never been a top flight outfit, but we have never had such a good management and coaching team, coupled with a chairman that has such boyish vision. We have a strong squad and whether AJ stays or goes we will have either the best player in the CCC or have more available cash to spend than any other CCC team. I am very happy with our purchases and looks likely we might add more players before the season starts.

Palace were never ready to go up when they did, there was no foundation, no money and winning via the playoffs meant that we did not have as much time as other teams to prepare. Everybody loves to win and I see that happening a lot next season, compared with what would have been a struggle had we stayed up.

For those who have I thank you for the warm welcome and look forward in contributing to next season's championship charge !!

elliott
23-06-2005, 08:17 AM
I'm glad.

I've only just remembered that I'm living in Sheffield next/this season. A few good games up there.

SKATE
23-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Gutted we went down - still looking forward to next season tho!

JJ
23-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Looking forward to next season doesn't justify being "glad we went down" as far as I'm concerned!

st albans
23-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by shipfaced

Palace were never ready to go up when they did

hate in when people say this

andy m
23-06-2005, 08:25 AM
It is true though.

Sir.S.C Remembered
23-06-2005, 08:26 AM
I was relatively fine about relegation as I believed we were going to keep hold of the players that mattered and it would be refreshing to play against teams who's fans respect lower league football and are real fans not arrogant Premiership club ones. However, in the last week with the AJ saga it has hit me what relegation ultimately means even when you have players as determined as him. I am now gutted that we were so closeto staying up and building on the team we had instead of re building etc.

rikp
23-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Can someone explain to me why CCC fans are real fans and premiership fans are arrogant. Is this an inferiority complex?

Eaglesmad123
23-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by rikp
Can someone explain to me why CCC fans are real fans and premiership fans are arrogant. Is this an inferiority complex?

Yeah i have never understood that. Why does everyone think that if you support a prem team your a glory hunter and if you support a champ side your loyal and the best fans in the land.

cpfcben
23-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Planning all the away games that I am able to go to. It's all very exciting.

Jay_eagle
23-06-2005, 10:00 AM
bloody hell is it next season yet!!!???

DDD
23-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by andy m
It is true though.

Agreed - It still would have been tough but we just werent prepared it for last season regardless of what anyone says - Thats why we should all take enormous pride and heart for how well the team did..

It was a phenomanal(sp) achievement by the players and coaching staff to even get within a sniff of survival

I cant wait for a great promotion season :p

LP
23-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Far from delighted that we went fdown, but now looking to the future and I must say that there is no shortage of decent fixtures in this league.

LeeH
23-06-2005, 10:20 AM
was gutted when we went down as we deserved to be there as much as anyone and as we all know, were minutes away from being a Prem team in the new season - but am REALLY looking forward to the new season, am sure it wont be a smooth ride and I'll be kicking lumps out of some part of the house at some point through frustration, but seeing Luton (h) on the first line of the fixtures got me as excited as Narrch (a) on the first day of last season.

sydnsteve
23-06-2005, 10:59 AM
The fixture list looks really good, with Norwich and Wolves away, and Leeds and Preston. Gutted it's a home fixture first as i am away!

Chester 76
23-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Underwhelmed by the fixture list, I expected relegation but looking at today`s fixture list underlines what a great chance was missed. I have had a look at West Brom`s fixture list to see what could have been.

Slough Eagle
23-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by shipfaced
I have the bug for posting now and more so for Palace for next season.

Glad you have the bug to start posting:p

I can still remember wishing for a mid table finish after watching Crewe beat us......
Then Kit steadied the ship, we got Julian back from Cardiff then cometh the hour, cometh the man and the rest well thats history now.
Enjoyed us being in the Premiership because after every bad result I still thought that it was a bonus just being there.
I will see more away games, so really looking forward to next season

silver
23-06-2005, 07:39 PM
sad to go down but cant wait for the new season

Latvian Eagle
23-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Although I might be late to some due to work, I'm kind of looking forward to more mid week games. I don't know why. There's just something about them.

23-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey I laugh at you all the time, your relegation was exceptionally pleasing. Hope this helps.

eagles #1
23-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by The Caveman
Hey I laugh at you all the time, your relegation was exceptionally pleasing. Hope this helps. "Cavemen Crew" pppffffttt AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

celery stick
27-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by The Caveman
Hey I laugh at you all the time, your relegation was exceptionally pleasing. Hope this helps.

Not as pleasing and as helpful as the last 22 years of Brighton and Hove Albions history is for us.

:p

GDP
27-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I'd say glad we went down was not the right choice of words but it definatly gives us a chance to get back to a winning mentality. But to be honest im just as excited as i would have been if we had stayed up.

Some quality games coming up. Hopefully we continue to get a good away following even at the poorer games. Cant wait to the double bill against brighton.

If we do bounce straight up we would definatly have a better chance of staying there. No matter what happens its bound to be another cracking season!!

27-06-2005, 08:16 PM
im not happy we went down but im equally as happy at the prospect of winning a title

follow cpfc
27-06-2005, 08:46 PM
when we went down i was destraught but then i new that we would be palying brighton easy three points

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Chester 76
Underwhelmed by the fixture list, I expected relegation but looking at today`s fixture list underlines what a great chance was missed. I have had a look at West Brom`s fixture list to see what could have been.

how do west brom kick off their premiership campaign next season then ?

Jack Regan
05-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by burberry boy
how do west brom kick off their premiership campaign next season then ?

Look it up on the BBC if you're that interested.

Personally, I'm not.

Stavros 69
05-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by elliott
I'm glad.

I've only just remembered that I'm living in Sheffield next/this season. A few good games up there.

I'll take you out for a beer and show you the sights young man :D