PDA

View Full Version : Brighton home?

follow cpfc
25-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Is annyone eslse pleased that this is a midweek game? Better atmosphere at leats. But i am suprised at thsi becausee with the darkness it will be much harder for police to identiffie trouble makers if they are any. So do you think it is good or bad that Brighton at home is a mdweek game?

c_block_lad
25-06-2005, 10:18 PM
You would hope this game sales out regardless of what day it is played. You can certainly see people drinking all day during the built up to the game with echos of Sunderland 1st Leg .

ANDYEAGLE
25-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
You would hope this game sales out regardless of what day it is played. You can certainly see people drinking all day during the built up to the game with echos of Sunderland 1st Leg .

I think having this game midweek will certainly affect our gate receipts.
I think it should have been played on the Saturday as Brighton consider it their cup final. To me Brighton are the same as Charlton nowadays I just hate them on the the day,all other times they are insignificant.

cpfcinprem
26-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I'd rather it were on a saturday coz its more convenient for me! I just hope trains coming from brighton arent that bad. any1 had this experience?

Dave
26-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Midweek means less drunk people.

old git
26-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Sunderland was a night game although not midweek and I have never seen so many pissed people at selhurst.

Oddjob
26-06-2005, 09:33 AM
I have already booked the half day, and the day off the next day

gonna make the most of it................

GDP
26-06-2005, 09:55 AM
I am surprised the police have not changed this to a saturday. Although the policing at football games, in terms of stoping violence, has been much more successfull over recent years, it will be much harder for them with this being a midweek fixture.

I cant see the day of the week being a factor on the size of the crowd for this one. Should be a sell out no matter of the allocation we give the weeds.

This is my favourite rivalry and one of the major highlights of the season.

follow cpfc
26-06-2005, 10:42 AM
We should sell out this game whenever it is. But there is always something specil about evening games better atmospher i think.

Mat ov CPFC
26-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Dave

Does it ?

I reckon it could be a fine day to have the first meeting of the BBS 'posh' lunch club.

Meet up for some cheeky cocktails at about midday, then onto a five course lunch and then a stroll down to Selhurst to see us turn over our South coast chums again.

Works for me :)

jone-zee
26-06-2005, 10:55 AM

Reckon a lot of people from both clubs will be making a day of this. Plus mix in Homeward bound commuters at Victoria and it just looks like a receipe for disaster. I know the Police are a bit unhappy about ths one and wouldnt be surprised to see it re-arranged

Mat ov CPFC
26-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by jone-zee
Reckon a lot of people from both clubs will be making a day of this.

Thats what I was thinking. The yobby types will have an entire day to indulge in mayhem and the drunks will have an entire afternoon and early evening to get throughly rat arsed. If there is one game people will make an effort for this season its this.

jim the eagle
26-06-2005, 11:04 AM
if brighton are our rivals next season we wil be having a poor season
hopfully it will be nothing more than easy 3 points

Sandowneagle
26-06-2005, 11:10 AM

The police will hate it. Far harder to track known hooligans and police mid-week games. Most important thing is that we do not give 'that lot' the whole AW.

follow cpfc
26-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by jim the eagle
if brighton are our rivals next season we wil be having a poor season
hopfully it will be nothing more than easy 3 points

No but Brighton are our bitter rivals whatever. Obviously i hope we will be having rival matches with the top teams

Eaglesmad123
26-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
I think having this game midweek will certainly affect our gate receipts.
I think it should have been played on the Saturday as Brighton consider it their cup final. To me Brighton are the same as Charlton nowadays I just hate them on the the day,all other times they are insignificant.

Excuse me but i think most palace fans think it is there cup final to. The rivalry is certainly not onesided. I dont really care about this much as i was not even alive when the trouble all began.

follow cpfc
26-06-2005, 02:10 PM
We should sell this out i hope so anyway

Angry Eagle
26-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Night games always have a special atmosphere, but I'm sure it will make trouble more likely.

Pikie Punisher
26-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Only problem playing that lot at night is that it's a bit more difficult to see who's behind you :eek: , probably best to put a piece of cardboard down the back of your trousers.

eagles #1
26-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Thats what I was thinking. The yobby types will have an entire day to indulge in mayhem and the drunks will have an entire afternoon and early evening to get throughly rat arsed. If there is one game people will make an effort for this season its this. Indeed :)

follow cpfc
26-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Ye i agree with the above. I cant wait for this game now. It will be such a good atmosphere and will be so exsiting

cpfcinprem
26-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Pikie Punisher
Only problem playing that lot at night is that it's a bit more difficult to see who's behind you :eek: , probably best to put a piece of cardboard down the back of your trousers.

Cardboard?! more like a sheet of metal!

ANDYEAGLE
26-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by follow cpfc
We should sell out this game whenever it is. But there is always something specil about evening games better atmospher i think.

No chance of a sell out there imo. If we give Brighton the AW we may get 21-22000. Much prefer Saturday games myself.

Mark Bright
26-06-2005, 06:50 PM
There wont be trouble, the police will be right on top of it all.

Phil McGlass
26-06-2005, 06:57 PM

:p :lux: :p :lux:

ANDYEAGLE
26-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Eaglesmad123
Excuse me but i think most palace fans think it is there cup final to. The rivalry is certainly not onesided. I dont really care about this much as i was not even alive when the trouble all began.

If the Palace fans see this as a cup final, good luck to them. I see it as three points. You say you were not alive when the real rivalry existed,I was but that is history. Most of the fans who continue the Brighton rivalry were not either. I think maybe people who live Sussex way are more likely to consider them rivals than someone like me who lived most of his life in South London. Millwall are the only rivals for me but this is a rivalry situation which has been discussed many times. Think that arqument could be a 50/50 split.

follow cpfc
26-06-2005, 07:05 PM
This promises to be agreat gamecant wait EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS:lux: :lux: :lux:

xlil_angelx
26-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I have 2 be going on holiday that exact game! that would have been my first Brighton game!! :(

follow cpfc
26-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Missing out mate unlucky

Kirby
26-06-2005, 08:58 PM

:D

mblack
27-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Night games are good as they usually have more atmosphere. Howerver travelling to games from Southampton is bad enough on a Saturday let alone a bl**dy Tuesday night :bash:

Yes I know...........shouldn't of moved away :grrr:

MATTY THE EAGLE
27-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by mblack
Night games are good as they usually have more atmosphere. Howerver travelling to games from Southampton is bad enough on a Saturday let alone a bl**dy Tuesday night :bash:

Yes I know...........shouldn't of moved away :grrr:

Tell me about it!

Still the last train to leave Clapham for Soton is about 12.30, so plenty of time to get the beevies in for the train journey home.

follow cpfc
27-06-2005, 08:49 PM
and Reding away is also on a Tuesday

gregors
28-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Well a few of us i Norwich are disappointed it's a midweeker...... we wont be able to get down in time after work