PDA

View Full Version : AJ renewed his contract so that CP could benefit from the transfer

Gavica
28-06-2005, 05:41 AM
This way, if he has to move, he must be sold for some $$$$, otherwise, if he hadn't renewed his contratc, it would of expired at the end of season, and free transfered to any club, and CP wouldnt see a cent.

cpfcben
28-06-2005, 06:33 AM
I don't think so. He renewed his contract becuase at the time he wanted to stay at Palace. Now we have been relegated and reality has set in he has realised that he wants to leave. People's aspirations change all the time!!

redandblue
28-06-2005, 06:48 AM
I agree with this just like Ian Wright AJ had no thoughts of leaving until he was at the England training camp. I

ANDYEAGLE
28-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Last season all the fans were desperate for AJ to sign a new contract.
Although he did not just sign the contract to help us, I am glad he did, as we would be getting far less for him if he is to be transfered.
We certainly needed him to sign it more than he needed to.
I still think as soon as we were relegated AJ knew he would want to leave. Aj has made a mistake in the way he has handled it in the media and also in the fact he did not have a clause in it where he could move for a certain figure if we were relegated. Still I do not blame him for wanting out.
Ian Wright always would have left us, he was off like a shot when the right club came in and we had just finished third in the leaque. I could not have seen AJ doing the same but who knows?