PDA

View Full Version : Old Programmes

Improper Poster
28-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Anyone collect?

I've got a fairly vast collection dating since the mid-80s and a few before that.

My oldest is a Palace V Arsenal programme from the early 70s which looks more like some kind of a slim-line brochure (featuring Kember for Palace and Charlie George for Arse - plus many other greats). Also have programmes for Blackburn play-off victory, semi-final v Liverpool etc.

Plus some special autographs of Palace players as well as some funny photos e.g. Dowie adorning the front cover as a player.

Not really that interested in selling - but do they have any value?

Appreciate any advice anyone may have.

Improper Poster
28-06-2005, 09:46 AM
:sob: :sob: :sob:

No-one interested in talking about my prize collection?

Oh well :afro:

Selhurst Celtic
28-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Sorry, thought this was a thread slagging off the BBC and the licence fee.

Carry on please.

;)

Stevieboy2
28-06-2005, 10:01 AM
I think there's only value in them if someone else wants them.

AlanD
28-06-2005, 10:45 AM
I used to have LOADS from the 90s, and i mean loads, pretty much every home game from around that time, i cant remeber what we did with them. We had to do something because we where running out of space to put them, it hurts me to say it, but i think we threw them away.

JFBeagle
28-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Stevieboy2
I think there's only value in them if someone else wants them.

I'd go further and say that they have no as soon as you decide to sell to sell them.:)

Mackenuff
28-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I've got a programme from every match I've ever been to. My collection dates back to 1984, when my Dad (a Gooner) used to take me to Palace.

I've also got a really old ticket for a Palace v Millwall match from the early sixties. My Grandad gave it to me. I have to say that I can't remember exactly which year it's from because I put it in a polythene bag and boxed it up with the programmes. I haven't opened that box for a while and you've now inspired me to do so.

I'm pretty sad really. Can't go to a game and not buy a programme. Kept all of my ticket stubs and old season ticket books as well!

Shit, I'm sounding like a right geek!!

Glaws Eagle
28-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I must have 300-odd programmes.

But theyre not worth anything.

99p each at most.

Fountainhead
28-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Thought about selling my collection on Ebay earlier this year but when I looked on there I realised that a lot of programmes listed don't sell and the ones that do go for low prices so I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. You could try to see if a dealer would offer you a price for the whole collection.