PDA

View Full Version : Stadium music

Stevieboy2
30-06-2005, 12:04 PM
I apologise in advance if this is a repeated thread.

Please tell me that the playlist of music is going to be different this season?
It was soooo boring having the same music playing at every home game.:sob: :bash:

Alex De Large
30-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Spandeau Ballet GOLD:bash: :bash: :bash:

JFBeagle
30-06-2005, 12:10 PM
I imagine that as in previous years we will have the same music at every game - but not the same as last season. Except GAO
:lux: :lux: :lux:

Jack Regan
30-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Fly Like an Eagle. Seal

Zombie (bloody) Nation.

London Calling

The Only Way is Up

All Rubbish.

Change the records.

CarlosTheFinger
30-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Gold is a classic for me and most songs are ok but the one I really hate is The Specials "Too Much Too Young". It really is a crime to music and makes my top 3 worst ever song list along with: Mr Oizo - Flatbeat and JC Chasez - Blowin' Me Up. One of my favourite musical choices at Selhurst (apart from the top Glad All Over, of course) was the very atmospheric tune I know as "Come with me" by Puff Daddy but was originally a song by Led Zepplin. I think we should go with more atmospheric booming music like Sunderland with that Sergei Profokiev piece that they play as the players come out.

Cheers Mateyboys,

Carlos

martin.cpfc
30-06-2005, 12:19 PM
"Too much too young" is a classic!

Don't forget "A town called malice"

Neil
30-06-2005, 12:21 PM
I would personally be in favour of random music every game. Nothing specific, except 'Glad All Over' (of course).

Stevieboy2
30-06-2005, 12:24 PM
I remember them playing the riff from 'Come With Me' for about 15 minutes constantly whilst waiting for the teams to come out. I think after that length of time it must've done everyones heads in.
Like the song though.

eagles #1
30-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Dont worry, i'll bring my speakers next season and play some proper tunes :D

pap
30-06-2005, 12:40 PM
i think when we score they should play glad all over like they used to.

Tony
30-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by CarlosTheFinger
I think we should go with more atmospheric booming music like Sunderland with that Sergei Profokiev piece that they play as the players come out.

I don't. I do like classical music, but at football grounds it's just pompous.

I have a soft spot for Sunderland's playing of Prokofiev, though, because it drowned out any pre-match singing their fans might have wanted to build up. Before the play-off semi it was so loud that it helped kill their atmosphere (as did the bland bloke singing Nessun Dorma, the loud disco stuff and the fact that they've got bars all round the ground which means many home fans don't take their seats until five minutes before kick off). Just what we wanted.

The sweetest sound inside a football ground is the sound of Palace fans singing. Records, particularly after goals, are directly opposed to that and should be used sparingly.

Tony
30-06-2005, 01:04 PM
My apologies, a double post.

elliott
30-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by martin.cpfc

Don't forget "A town called malice"

:)

Various atmospheric songs to be honest.

Final Countdown by Europe is a goodie. Anything by queen.

Or go to town and have Baby Elephant Walk!:D

Mad Max
30-06-2005, 01:18 PM
The winner takes it all by ABBA,when the song gets to the "and the looser takes the fall" we can all point at the away end chanting "Loosers Loosers Loosers":D

Also i like Zombie nation and have it on CD,and play it in the car often.:( :(

Harry Holmesdale
30-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Golden Brown - Stranglers

Reminds me of the good old days of the Arthur Wait terracing !

Mackenuff
30-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Remember some years ago they used to play 'Achy Breaky Heart' by Billy Ray Cyrus. It was always about 20 minutes before k/o.

I'm not too sure if John Henty was trying to tell us something.

Also can't help but remember the lyrics, 'Americanos....blue jeans and chinos......'

oh dear.

Stevieboy2
30-06-2005, 02:22 PM
That's Holly Johnson of Frankie Goes to Hollywood fame.
A bit too camp in my opinion

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroatey
30-06-2005, 02:37 PM
You lot are showing some naivety - if you attend Selhurst Park at least once a season you will see in the programme that Rob Fox (on the PA) has his own page with competitions and an e-mail address for your feedback!

He also contributes to the BBS so make the comments constructive and you might get your way.

However, there is some suggestion that the playlist is influenced by SJ so perhaps you should copy him in on any new requests :p

Jack Regan
30-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Scroatey
You lot are showing some naivety

I don't think so. At the end of last season people were asking the Fox to play various records to rouse the crowd. His response, if I'm not mistaken, was that the playlist was the same for EVERY home game, was decided by the club, and could not be altered.

You can 'request' anything you like, but it won't get played.

Stevieboy2
30-06-2005, 02:45 PM
At least we wont have the premiership fairplay anthem....
unless it got relegated along with the Palace!!

30-06-2005, 03:06 PM
i liked the fair play anthem

30-06-2005, 03:09 PM
fly like an eagle is a great song

Stevieboy2
30-06-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm thinking...in no particular order

"Come With Me" Puff Daddy
"True Faith '94" New Order
"One by One" Foo Fighters
"Getting Away with Murder" Papa Roach
"In Too Deep" Sum 41
"The Wizard" Paul Hardcastle
"Walk This Way" Run DMC & Aerosmith
and "Glad All Over" of course

30-06-2005, 03:28 PM
what is up with rob fox's website??

elliott
30-06-2005, 03:32 PM
he's probably on holiday (mmmm chocolate).

It'll all be sorted when he's back in preseason training!

30-06-2005, 03:35 PM
thanks

follow cpfc
30-06-2005, 06:07 PM
It did get bloody boring though at the end of last season

CarlosTheFinger
01-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Stevieboy2
I remember them playing the riff from 'Come With Me' for about 15 minutes constantly whilst waiting for the teams to come out. I think after that length of time it must've done everyones heads in.
Like the song though.

The only time I remember hearing it (which I forgot to say in my original post) was the first leg of the Sunderland play-off, so it added to the tension even more. I would like it played at all of our matches or atleast the crunch ones like Norwich and Southampton last season. I like to make things as emotional and tense as possible rather than just a nice day out watching the footy.

Cheers Mateyboys,

Carlos

Stevieboy2
01-07-2005, 01:18 PM
I remember them using it again at some point. I was in the Arthur Waite when playing Sunderland (no I didn't start the trouble!) but I remember hearing it when I was sitting in the Holmesdale.

Away Day Eagle
01-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer "Fitz Hall used to work on the docks.......

Spikemeister
01-07-2005, 02:44 PM
I'd still keep 'Taken' from the Long Good Friday......very atmospheric

Stevieboy2
01-07-2005, 02:50 PM
How about The Vengaboys?

(joke!)

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
01-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Ive queried Spandau's "Gold" before...and to be fair it was due to the half time Golden eagles Draw...which is why a few chords are played every game (at half time ?)

Still im still up for changing it..any other toons with "gold" in it ?

rambo
01-07-2005, 05:08 PM
I dont think the play list is that bad and I like the same tracks played each week. I now associate London Calling / Town Like Malice / That's Entertainment etc with Palace matches, let alone zombie nation and (up to now at least...) pigbag, and hearing them helps get psyched up for the match. We're there to focus on the football not the music, and the same playlist each week helps us do so.

Rob Fox
01-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Hiya,

Just to let you know that the Club and I are working on the playlist for the new season. I spoke with the Club today and I'm putting forward a suggestions for the tracks to be included.

I'm all for the idea of playing the same 12 tracks as a countdown to the kick off..........and I will be suggesting that we keep the 'Taken' anthem for that period prior to the teams coming out!

Apologies for the website being down...it WILL be sorted.

Whilst I could not in any way guarantee its inclusion, if you have a suggestion for a particular track to be included prior to KO, either post it here or PM me. Thanks.

Rob:hi:

SilkkWilliems
02-07-2005, 09:20 AM
I got a mp3 of the NFL pre game TV musik, quality!! How would i post it on here?

cpfcinprem
02-07-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm thinking...in no particular order

"Come With Me" Puff Daddy
"True Faith '94" New Order
"One by One" Foo Fighters
"Getting Away with Murder" Papa Roach
"In Too Deep" Sum 41
"The Wizard" Paul Hardcastle
"Walk This Way" Run DMC & Aerosmith
and "Glad All Over" of course

Bar glad all over, obviously, that is one of the worst selection of songs ive ever seen imo. They are all extremely poor. walk this way is the only one that is just poor, not extremely.
Sum 41, Papa Roach - :moo:

cpfcinprem
02-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rambo
I dont think the play list is that bad and I like the same tracks played each week. I now associate London Calling / Town Like Malice / That's Entertainment etc with Palace matches, let alone zombie nation and (up to now at least...) pigbag, and hearing them helps get psyched up for the match. We're there to focus on the football not the music, and the same playlist each week helps us do so.

totally agree.

Originally posted by Rob Fox
Hiya,

Just to let you know that the Club and I are working on the playlist for the new season. I spoke with the Club today and I'm putting forward a suggestions for the tracks to be included.

I'm all for the idea of playing the same 12 tracks as a countdown to the kick off..........and I will be suggesting that we keep the 'Taken' anthem for that period prior to the teams coming out!

Apologies for the website being down...it WILL be sorted.

Whilst I could not in any way guarantee its inclusion, if you have a suggestion for a particular track to be included prior to KO, either post it here or PM me. Thanks.

Rob:hi:

taken is proper class imo. personally i think these would be good-
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Club Foot - Kasabian
Supersonic - Oasis
Dont Stop Me now - Queen
The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
I find these songs are ones that get people going

Stevieboy2
02-07-2005, 01:15 PM
As long as the songs get people going, that's the most important thing.
The songs I suggested aren't necessarily my favourites but suggesting playing some of my absolute favourites would be a bit arrogant. Being a heavy metal fan I couldn't really suggest much that would appeal to everyone.

Neil the Eagle
02-07-2005, 01:26 PM
...and I will be suggesting that we keep the 'Taken' anthem for that period prior to the teams coming out!

:(

Taken just sounds so dull and lifeless, it doesn't seem to excite the crowd up - you need something more uplifted and anthemic.

My personal suggestion would be Sheriff Fatman, but then we all know why ;)

Pub Idol
02-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
:(

Taken just sounds so dull and lifeless, it doesn't seem to excite the crowd up - you need something more uplifted and anthemic.

My personal suggestion would be Sheriff Fatman, but then we all know why ;)

I like it. Its a bulid up track. Kind of reminds everyone to take there seats and get ready for the game.

CarlosTheFinger
02-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by cpfcinprem
totally agree.

taken is proper class imo. personally i think these would be good-
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Club Foot - Kasabian
Supersonic - Oasis
Dont Stop Me now - Queen
The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
I find these songs are ones that get people going

Great Oasis anthems would be brilliant and as lover of fast American punk rock music, The Offspring etc. those would also certainly get me fired up more than the current line up but I appreciate that is more of a personal taste and won't be a lot of people's cup of tea, whereas Oasis overall are a lot more universally popular.

Cheers Mateyboys,

Carlos

Absolution
02-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah the same old songs are a bit boring agree with some of the choices apart from the one with Sum41 and Papa Roach in it....some of the tracks were a bit shite.

Think we got to keep some the songs we play currently but a rotation wouldn't be a bad idea bit of Kasabian or Oasis as suggested would be refreshing change from some of the other stuff.

Neil the Eagle
02-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Pub Idol
I like it. Its a bulid up track. Kind of reminds everyone to take there seats and get ready for the game.

But surely any track played at the same time every matchday would have the same 'reminder' effect.

I must admit it comes in very useful when we are selling the Echo, but I'd prefer a more varied diet each week, rather than a pre-set build up which fast becomes routine. The pre-set build up should last no more than five mins before GAO and, for me, would ideally consist of a fast intercut between a number of tracks.

cpfcinprem
03-07-2005, 09:29 AM
As long as the songs get people going, that's the most important thing.
The songs I suggested aren't necessarily my favourites but suggesting playing some of my absolute favourites would be a bit arrogant. Being a heavy metal fan I couldn't really suggest much that would appeal to everyone.

I see what you mean. but sum 41 and papa roach?
I think songs that start slowly and then build up are the best ones to get people hyped.

imashed
03-07-2005, 09:38 AM
i think if we did the clap to the queen song we will rock you,other clubs have done this but i think if we get the right speed not 100miles hour red & blue army but a nice clear clap going then at the end a we will rock you, will sound quite intimdating??

Stanley Boy
03-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Scroatey
You lot are showing some naivety - if you attend Selhurst Park at least once a season you will see in the programme that Rob Fox (on the PA) has his own page with competitions and an e-mail address for your feedback!

He also contributes to the BBS so make the comments constructive and you might get your way.

However, there is some suggestion that the playlist is influenced by SJ so perhaps you should copy him in on any new requests :p

If the playlist is influenced by SJ are we likely to hear:

Would I lie to you by The Eurythmics ?

or the theme tune to "Minder"- I could be so good for you?

or "I am the one and only" by Chesney Hawkes ?

or Big Time by Peter Gabriel (q.v I've been stretching my mouth to let those big words come right out)?

Could be the seed of a whole new thread.

Brett
03-07-2005, 03:19 PM
People want personal favourites which may be obscure tracks. Rob has to please many people and therefore tries to keep the stuff popular.

Is it that difficult to think outside the box?

03-07-2005, 04:07 PM
my last 5 going down to kick off would be

proud- ??
town called malice-??
Theme from Shaft-Isaac Hayes
fly like an eagle- seal
Theme From The Long Good Friday (for about 5 mins love this tune)
zombie nation- kernkraft (sp)

then glad all over
reach up- always gets me going then of course (DER DER DER)

BE LOUD
BE PROUD
BE PALACE!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU EAGLES!!!!!!

peterg
03-07-2005, 04:10 PM
The most important point for me is that the music is too effing loud. It's hard to carry on a conversation with the person next to you - you have to shout into their ear to make yourself heard.
Of course this may be an old geezer's point of view - but there's lots of info out there about the damage done to people's hearing by being exposed to loud music.
So - any chance of getting it turned down a shade next season?

CarlosTheFinger
03-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by peterg
The most important point for me is that the music is too effing loud. It's hard to carry on a conversation with the person next to you - you have to shout into their ear to make yourself heard.
Of course this may be an old geezer's point of view - but there's lots of info out there about the damage done to people's hearing by being exposed to loud music.
So - any chance of getting it turned down a shade next season?

I have sympathy with you and I thought that as well when I first went to matches but I'm used to it now.

I agree that we all have different tastes, some of which are very obscure, including my own, which is why I think changing the line up each week gives us all a chance to have something we like sometimes, than having the same tracks that a lot of people may dislike. Apart from "Glad All Over", which goes without saying.

Cheers Mateyboys,

Carlos

Stanley Boy
03-07-2005, 07:47 PM
I must admit I would prefer to have the volume reduced on the pa. We are not all deaf. Maybe the club could have an induction loop system installed for those fans that want their ear drums ripped apart.

EL JIMBO
03-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the Jungle - G'N'R

Gollum
04-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Rob,
Hold out for Taken from the Long Good Friday...it's a build up song, it's rousing and it's Sarf London !

RDSdaEAGLE
04-07-2005, 12:29 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

Taken is ABSOLUTE TRIPE.

...apart from that, great work Rob :p

cpfcinprem
04-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Gollum
Rob,
Hold out for Taken from the Long Good Friday...it's a build up song, it's rousing and it's Sarf London !

Sarf London indeed! please keep this song!

Originally posted by EL JIMBO
Welcome to the Jungle - G'N'R
would be very good. quite intimidating for the opposition.

Stevieboy2
04-07-2005, 01:29 PM
How about "One Vision" by Queen.
It's a slightly rocky middle of the road song that would appeal to a lot of people, I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong of course!!!

Dorking .Eagle
04-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Only comment I think it is fair to make is that Glad all Over should only be played at the final whistle if Palace have won - seem to remember it being played after one or two draws last season.

Not too fussed what is played in the build up as I am rarely in my seat more than 10 minutes before k.o.

Stevieboy2
04-07-2005, 02:35 PM
In the bar no doubt!!!!!

Rob Fox
04-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle
Only comment I think it is fair to make is that Glad all Over should only be played at the final whistle if Palace have won - seem to remember it being played after one or two draws last season.

I think I played it after the Arsenal and Man U games. It was a deciscion I made at the last moment and thought, to hell with it!!! We were all on a high and it seemed the right thing to do :D

Tho' you are right, it should be played at the end only after a win!

Rob

Loyal Supporter
04-07-2005, 07:05 PM
I think I played it after the Arsenal and Man U games. It was a deciscion I made at the last moment and thought, to hell with it!!! We were all on a high and it seemed the right thing to do :D

Tho' you are right, it should be played at the end only after a win!

Rob

Absolutely it was the right thing to do because it certainly felt like a victory to us all.

Slightly aside from the music, the only thing I would ask for is for the half time scores to be READ out immediately after the half time whistle before Terry Byfield starts with his half time "stuff" and birthdays are read out etc. I realise sometimes the big screen shows them but at times it is too small to read. Most other clubs give out the scores straight away rather than when the players are about to kick off the second half.

I recall Rob that you said before you are in a small studio with no Sky TV or results service. Surely there must be teletext, or someone can get them to you!!

Other than that, no complaints at all!!

burberry boy
04-07-2005, 08:10 PM
i think we should have something that sets the mood b4 the game... but i cant rele think of a song atm

04-07-2005, 08:13 PM
couldnt agree more Loyal Supporter as i sit in the croydon advertiser i cant see the big screen :sob: so reading the scores out would be great

CarlosTheFinger
04-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 007
couldnt agree more Loyal Supporter as i sit in the croydon advertiser i cant see the big screen :sob: so reading the scores out would be great

Can't you just use a well-angled group of mirrors to see it? LOL!!

Cheers Mateyboys,

Carlos

butch03
05-07-2005, 09:06 PM
the only way is up by yazz would be good

Walrus
05-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Town Called Malice :p

Although Going Underground would be superb too. La La La - La.

Anyone for Jilted John? *EDIT* Too close to "Jordan is a moron" perhaps :hmph: