PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to start a Palace website?

elliott
02-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Would you like to start your very own Crystal Palace website?

Technical internet skills are not necessary!

Sportnetwork is a company much like rivals (except far better). They have a network of sites, all using the same format.

They have been looking for someone to run a Crystal Palace website for a while, and in desperation have asked me to ask on here.

This wouldn't of course be a competitor with the BBS or anything like that.

The only rules are that you must be over the age of 14, and have a general sense of good grammar and you must be able to spare time and effort to continually update the site.

If you are interested, please PM me

Neil the Eagle
02-07-2005, 01:55 PM
How much do you earn per month...

limited_edition
02-07-2005, 01:56 PM
So, how much you paying then ? ;)

Neil the Eagle
02-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Our site is purely voluntary :D. That said, we are considering paying for someone to do first team match reports next season.

I only ask as we used to get all these offers from these network sites like rivals and footy-mad (indeed we went someway down the line with footy-mad, until we realised that a lot of what they told us wasn't in place and insisted on having a forum). The cash ranged from 95 to 40 per month depending on traffic and was woindering what the current going rate was.

Haven't had one for ages now, but find it strange that they are apparently desperate, yet had not tried the existing sites to see any would be up for a partnership.

elliott
02-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Sportnetwork pay you nothing.

But you pay nothing either.

You can earn money from adverts though.

Have a look at www.beesfans.co.uk, that's my Sportnetwork site

elliott
02-07-2005, 02:15 PM
But on the plus side.

I'm working on the Sportnetwork Lions site at the moment, which is one of the biggest Lions fansites around.

I also did the Euro 2004 site last summer, and did minute by minute updates on all of the Latvia games (I volunteered for that). That was a massive site

Neil the Eagle
02-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by elliott
Sportnetwork pay you nothing.

But you pay nothing either.

You can earn money from adverts though.

Have a look at www.beesfans.co.uk, that's my Sportnetwork site

Now I understand why they've had no take up :D

From what I saw of your site elliot, they are earning advertising money from ING, MSN. Most other sites of this type will at least make a token payment.

Do you mind telling us what they expect from their site editors in terms of timeliness and number of news items per week?

elliott
02-07-2005, 02:39 PM
You must have 1 story every 4 weeks to remain open.

Generally, if there has been a home match, I will spend approx 3 hours a weekend writing a report and doing photos.

I have a deal with the local paper, and check their site every morning and post a story if there is one.

I think the best bit is the fact that everyone is friends on there. I get a christmas card from them, I know a number of people from there and we regularly get asked to contribute to BBC pieces.

Anyone who listens to talksport might know Barney Burnham the newsreader (works for Sky News). He's an editor and a really nice bloke.

elliott
02-07-2005, 02:40 PM
The reason they've had no takeup is because they rely on word of mouth, to stop chavs applying.

If you look at rivals or footymad, they entire board is just childish and pathetic. Sportnetwork is different.

We're like Rivals but for adults.

Some of the editors are real techno geniuses (genii?)

Neil the Eagle
02-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm not having a pop here, elliot.

Some of the Rivals and footymad sites are very well maintained, it just depends who runs them.

I still can't understand why sportnetwork don't make a token monthly payment to their editors. It seems that someone the hard work of people like yourself is going completely unrewarded, which just isn't right. Believe me, someone, somewhere is earning well out of this.

Neil the Eagle
02-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by elliott
The reason they've had no takeup is because they rely on word of mouth, to stop chavs applying.

And then you advertised it on the BBS?!? ;)

follow cpfc
02-07-2005, 03:32 PM
The bbs is the only site we need

tonkers
02-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Check your pms elliott