PDA

View Full Version : should we give teams like millwall and brighton the whole of the arthur next year ?

burberry boy
04-07-2005, 07:20 PM
personally i think not cos millwall bring loads of little chavs who jus want to fight and tear up seats.... and also no for brighton scum either...
wat does anyone else think ?? :)

joe walker
04-07-2005, 07:23 PM
it was good in promotion year because we werent filling up the ground, and so it was a better way to fill the ground and get more money

however this time round I think there are a LOT more season ticket holders and there would be a huge hassle moving them all from the AW

saxo_demon22
04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by burberry boy
personally i think not cos millwall bring loads of little chavs who jus want to fight and tear up seats.... and also no for brighton scum either...
wat does anyone else think ?? :)

Being called burberry boy, I'd guess you class as a 'chav' yourself?

Stevieboy2
04-07-2005, 07:34 PM
One word answer - No.

saxo_demon22
04-07-2005, 07:36 PM
By the way, my answer is NO too, a no-brainer for me.

LeeH
04-07-2005, 07:40 PM
no - why should we give up anything more to them than any other club? We can be sure to sell both games out with our own support, wouldnt you say?

selhurst star
04-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Why didnt we give charlton the whole arthur last year? :D

joe walker
04-07-2005, 07:48 PM
1) cos charlton aint serious rivals

2)because we didnt have low attendances in the prem

we may see the re-introduction of this if the attendances get around the 15,000 line again

Tom's Old Man
04-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Fill the ground for Millwall? You really think so?

Thanet Eagle
04-07-2005, 07:51 PM
In a word, no .

burberry boy
04-07-2005, 07:54 PM

no i would not class myself as a chav.... burberry boy is simply jus a username and i like the make burberry, jus bcos ppl choose 2 wear burberry does not mean that they are a chav :p

King William
04-07-2005, 08:01 PM
no, lets not give them pikey ••••in puftas any more tickets then the 700 they will give us.

•••••

eagles #1
04-07-2005, 08:01 PM

no i would not class myself as a chav.... burberry boy is simply jus a username and i like the make burberry, jus bcos ppl choose 2 wear burberry does not mean that they are a chav :p Actually.....it does :p

I dont think we should give em them whole of the Arthur either and i dont think we are. Millwall and Brighton are our only CAT A games and we're selling HOME tickets for some of the Arthur so im guessing they wont be getting the whole stand. However i doubt they'll have the block nearest the Holmesdale as there is a tendency for a few coins/seats being exchanged :D.

burberry boy
04-07-2005, 08:05 PM
i guess people hav different views about chavs as i can c, cmon ppl this is a forum 2 send messages 2 ppl not 2 argue ova if ppl are chavs or not thats jus childish.... im only 16 but hey i think im making some sense here, anyone else agree with me ???

Gosling
04-07-2005, 08:10 PM
anyone else agree with me ???

I don't know, I didn't understand you.

burberry boy
04-07-2005, 08:11 PM
never mind then

04-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Gosling
I don't know, I didn't understand you.

:p lmao

will hung
04-07-2005, 08:25 PM
its nowt to do with us

orpingtoneagle
04-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by will hung
its nowt to do with us

why not pray tell.....:rolleyes:

Tony Montana
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Leave the poor lad alone you sad sad people. He's raised a fairly valid point and all you can do is take the mick out of his username and try and make yourselves feel bigger by trying to make a 16 year old feel small. Get a life.

Tony Montana
04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
In answer to the original post i'd give them around 4000 tickets in the Authur. I think any less than this and you might find some of the scum trying to get tickets in the home areas of the ground which is a recipe for disaster.

pallet
04-07-2005, 10:30 PM
No to Millwall but yes to Brighton.Why because I want as many of the muppets there as possible to see us beat them.

Read your PM Tony BTW:D

3rd_Lion
04-07-2005, 11:17 PM
I agree

nelson alfie
05-07-2005, 07:04 AM
If we are not going to fill the ground next year I'd say yes to Brighton. Millwall are a special case, I'd be reluctant to even let their directors in:D

Ruskin Old Boy
05-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Tony Montana
Leave the poor lad alone you sad sad people. He's raised a fairly valid point and all you can do is take the mick out of his username and try and make yourselves feel bigger by trying to make a 16 year old feel small. Get a life.

Agreed.

On the original question: it was much better last season when we didn't give up all the Arfur. I doubt if my cousin and his daughter would take kindly to being shifted from their seats on the half way line in the Arfur to a remote corner of the main stand.

LP
05-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Do we want to give both our biggest rivals nearly 9,000 seats in the most acoustic stand in the ground....no.

PhilD
05-07-2005, 08:52 AM
I think we should give them a block or two more than usual but certainly not the whole stand.

Mackenuff
05-07-2005, 08:56 AM
What are some of you people on!?? Can't believe ANY Palace fans would want to give ANY other team more than the usual allocation of seats!!!

Selhurst should be as intimidating as possible for other teams to come and play in. Allowing more away fans in defeats the whole object of a 'HOME' match. Especially when you're talking about Millwall and Brighton.

F**k the atmosphere! I would rather see results on the pitch!

andy m
05-07-2005, 09:00 AM
•••• off. Where do I go if there's some Brighton or Millwall in my season ticket seat? Why give these clubs more respect than they deserve?

EagleSE24
05-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Last time we played Brighton I was told it was sold out. Then I saw the attendance was 20odd thousand. I was really pissed off that there were a few thousand empty seats becasue they couldn't fill such a massive allocation.

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 09:08 AM
thank u 2 those of you who stuck up for me much appreciated :)

CPFC247
05-07-2005, 09:51 AM
I think it is more down to Police orders, rather than the club (although SJ must like the extra income).

Fact of the matter, if the Arthur was split Palace/Brighton or Palace/Millwall there would DEFINATELY be trouble and therefore the Old Bill will never let it happen.

If the whole stand has to go to one club on Police orders, i see no major problem in getting £35 off everyone of the scumbags, especially to see there respected teams whopped all around Selhurst.

Beanie
05-07-2005, 10:16 AM
i guess people hav different views about chavs as i can c, cmon ppl this is a forum 2 send messages 2 ppl not 2 argue ova if ppl are chavs or not thats jus childish.... im only 16 but hey i think im making some sense here, anyone else agree with me ???
I'm assuming you're new(ish) so a genuine suggestion - post in english if you want serious responses - text speak will either get you a load of flack or ignored

Beanie
05-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by CPFC247
I think it is more down to Police orders, rather than the club (although SJ must like the extra income).

Fact of the matter, if the Arthur was split Palace/Brighton or Palace/Millwall there would DEFINATELY be trouble and therefore the Old Bill will never let it happen.

If the whole stand has to go to one club on Police orders, i see no major problem in getting £35 off everyone of the scumbags, especially to see there respected teams whopped all around Selhurst.
That's why they should get the usual blocks only - they are separated and easy to keep apart inside the stand and with the "buffer area" kept empty not hard outside. The biggest friction point is between the Arthur and the Lowers Holmesdale, which is there anyway.

CPFC247
05-07-2005, 10:44 AM
For the Millwall game it might be easy to keep the fans apart........

not so sure about the coins, seats, fireworks etc.

thehound
05-07-2005, 10:48 AM
I am a season ticket holder in the Arthur Waite. Where would i get moved to and can they do this? I guess the tickets are on sale now so they can't do it now.

Justy C
05-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Give them 5-6,000 seats. That makes for a good atmosphere, and a sell out I reckon. Giving Brighton the whole of the Arthur backfired last time as they only sold about 6-7,000 I believe.

Dartford Lad
05-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Do Brighton or Millwall even have enough fans to fill the Arhtur Wait stand?....

eagles #1
05-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
Do Brighton or Millwall even have enough fans to fill the Arhtur Wait stand?.... Brighton certainly dont! :D They can only fit 7,000 odd in their own shithole.

LP
05-07-2005, 11:33 AM

Other clubs manage to share stands, you'll see Spurs fans accommodated in the Clock End alongside Arsenal supporters for example. The trouble is to do with segregation inside the AW where only about 2,200 fans can be properly segregated from the other fans in the stand, without having to share toilets, entrances etc. This isn't so much a problem normally, where the stand is actually classed as neutral seating. But when it's Brighton or Millwall then obviously it's different.

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Brighton certainly dont! :D They can only fit 7,000 odd in their own shithole.

LOL !! very true and bout 5,000 of that is the away team :o

Chris K
05-07-2005, 11:44 AM
No, we should give them no more than the usual allocation end of

Clapham Grand
05-07-2005, 11:45 AM
No - unless we charge them £35 a go

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 11:47 AM
or when millwall come the stewards should get them to show their membership cards on the gate and anyone without a card doesnt get in :D :p

smileysmith
05-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by thehound
I am a season ticket holder in the Arthur Wait. Where would i get moved to and can they do this? I guess the tickets are on sale now so they can't do it now. We always get moved - you just hope you can get moved somewhere with your mates. Generally we just get screwed over for these fixtures however. :sob:

Of course, C-Block will tell you, you were warned when you bought the season ticket. :rolleyes:

Great Lombardi
05-07-2005, 11:51 AM
I think we should let Millwall have the whole Arthur as they would probably sell it out. At least then we could get a good atmosphere. Look forward to this game out of all on the list.

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 11:52 AM
i think they should tell u in advance if they r going 2 giv the whole of the arthur 2 away fans, then u could get money bk for that game which you payed for if ur a season ticket holder

smileysmith
05-07-2005, 11:54 AM
i think they should tell u in advance if they r going 2 giv the whole of the arthur 2 away fans, then u could get money bk for that game which you payed for if ur a season ticket holder You will be given a seat elsewhere in the ground.

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 11:57 AM
i wouldnt want 2 give millwall the whole arthur for 2 reasons...

1) there are too many people in there who dnt watch the game and jus stare at you
2) they really do piss me off with that same old f**kin chant of MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLWAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL LL !!!

Dorking .Eagle
05-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Palace have issued the prices for HOME sections of the Arthur Wait for both these games therefore BHA and Millwall have NOT been given the WHOLE stand as I see it.

smileysmith
05-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I suspect we may not give the stand away this season - there are many more season ticket holders in the Arfur that were not there before. plus we are likely to sell out bigger games like this bearing in mind recent history ...

Putney Eagle
05-07-2005, 12:04 PM
It is hyperthetical

neither Millwall or Brighton will sell an allocation of 9,000 tickets at £35 quid a pop!

If they do fair play to them as that is 100 of 1000's in revenue

we would not even sell out the two tier away stand at the New Den at £35 each!!!

smileysmith
05-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Putney Eagle
we would not even sell out the two tier away stand at the New Den at £35 each!!! We never do anyway. :(

eagles #1
05-07-2005, 12:06 PM

we would not even sell out the two tier away stand at the New Den at £35 each!!! We wouldnt sell the two tier at the Den if it was at £20..

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 12:07 PM
[B}
we would not even sell out the two tier away stand at the New Den at £35 each!!! [/B]

mayb its because the den is a shitehole and also everyone who goes normally gets a kick in no matter what the result is, even if millwall F**kin win they still cause a riot :eek:

smileysmith
05-07-2005, 12:10 PM
mayb its because the den is a shitehole and also everyone who goes normally gets a kick in no matter what the result is, even if millwall F**kin win they still cause a riot :eek: Still pisses me off that EVERY bloody time we turn up with about 1000 to 1500 - to our nearest rivals. Its pathetic. :grrr: We might as well be Charlton.

Putney Eagle
05-07-2005, 12:14 PM
mayb its because the den is a shitehole and also everyone who goes normally gets a kick in no matter what the result is, even if millwall F**kin win they still cause a riot :eek:

that is true, but my point is, if they all wanna come and pay what I consider to be an ridiculous amount of money for a championship game, where they will not be able to get a beer for 5 miles around the ground and get kept in for 45 mins after the game, and see their team get torn apart, I say let em!

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 12:17 PM
i remember a couple of seasons ago millwall played tottenham in a friendly and they still caused a riot :eek: wtf is going on ????
are they fans or what ???

i think that if it carries on the FA or whoeva should say right no away fans allowed 2 millwall at and no millwall fans allowed 2 away games, then that way there would be no pointless violence....

they did that between millwall v man city and millwall v leicester, so i dnt understand y they shouldnt do it for all the millwall games

Pub Idol
05-07-2005, 12:25 PM
i remember a couple of seasons ago millwall played tottenham in a friendly and they still caused a riot :eek: wtf is going on ????
are they fans or what ???

i think that if it carries on the FA or whoeva should say right no away fans allowed 2 millwall at and no millwall fans allowed 2 away games, then that way there would be no pointless violence....

they did that between millwall v man city and millwall v leicester, so i dnt understand y they shouldnt do it for all the millwall games

Use your keyboard mate. It looks crap using the text speak.

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 12:28 PM
i have used my keyboard ok so i missed out a few words which were not spelt fully so what ????

i dont see anyone else making a song and dance over how people type stuff on to a bulliten board.... bloody hell

smileysmith
05-07-2005, 12:29 PM
i have used my keyboard ok so i missed out a few words which were not spelt fully so what ????

i dont see anyone else making a song and dance over how people type stuff on to a bulliten board.... bloody hell Word to the wise - you will get grief for this on this site.

Pub Idol
05-07-2005, 12:32 PM

i dont see anyone else making a song and dance over how people type stuff on to a bulliten board.... bloody hell

It makes you sound like your thick.

If thats what you want then fine :rolleyes:

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 12:38 PM
right i will type everyword correctly....

i suppose you want me to get a F**kin dictionary out next ?:veryangry

PhillyEagle
05-07-2005, 02:23 PM
right i will type everyword correctly....

i suppose you want me to get a F**kin dictionary out next ?:veryangry

Yes please.

burberry boy
05-07-2005, 03:55 PM
such an intelligent comment to make....NOT
this thread is about weather we should give teams like brighton and millwall the whole of the arthur next season and peoples veiws on it

not about weather people should write properly or not....

stop making a big deal out of nothing and get a life

Onka's Big Moka
11-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Still pisses me off that EVERY bloody time we turn up with about 1000 to 1500 - to our nearest rivals. Its pathetic. :grrr: We might as well be Charlton.

Yeah, it's well funny.

Onka's Big Moka
11-07-2005, 12:32 PM
this thread is about weather we should give teams like brighton and millwall the whole of the arthur next season and peoples veiws on it

OK. Yes. Give us the whole of the Arthur, cos we'll fill it. Failing that, we'll just sneak into the Holmesdale, so it's up to you really...

smileysmith
11-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Onka's Big Moka
Yeah, it's well funny. SEE!!! Palace fans FFS this season make a bloody effort!!!

Dowie's Fist
11-07-2005, 12:50 PM
OK. Yes. Give us the whole of the Arthur, cos we'll fill it. Failing that, we'll just sneak into the Holmesdale, so it's up to you really...

Not a hope you lot will sell 9,000 you havent got 9,000 you Toploader loving fool! :rolleyes:

Beanie
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM

But what is the point in posting things other people can't or won't read? We've been here often before - use text speak and whatever you post will just be ignored. Your choice. You might also need to recognise sarcasm when it appears (the dictionary bit) - you'll get a lot of that here as well.

Onka's Big Moka
11-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Dowie's Fist
Not a hope you lot will sell 9,000 you havent got 9,000 you Toploader loving fool! :rolleyes:

Toploader are great.

smileysmith
11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Toploader are great. Bad taste in team, I suppose the bad taste in tunes shouldn't be that much of a suprise. ;)

fwied wice
11-07-2005, 03:48 PM
No way should we give teams like that the entire Arthur Wait, it can only work as an advantage to the away team, having more support.

big bazza
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't want to give up my seat for those w@nkers..... It was bad enough last time we were in Div !..
So •••• em I say

:p :p :p

selhurstparkflyer
11-07-2005, 04:36 PM
SEE!!! Palace fans FFS this season make a bloody effort!!!

What if I just couldn't give a shit?

Dowie's Fist
11-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Toploader are great.

But you think Mulewall are great so lets leave it there eh? :hi:

PhillyEagle
11-07-2005, 06:57 PM
this thread is about weather

Hotter than hell here today.

we should give teams like brighton and millwall the whole of the arthur next season and peoples veiws on it

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. We can see them even if they only have a small portion of the stand.

I didn't think they needed to: don't they just have to know the difference between types of clouds and enunciate clearly?

The weather is an important topic and I'm glad you felt the need to discuss it properly.

Mad Max
11-07-2005, 07:30 PM
I can`t see why if we are going to give a whole section of the ground away why we don`t give them the Sainsburys/Whitehorse lane end to them.It would be interesting if we were to go a goal down(I know I know more chance of winning the lottery)wether the nobs in the corporate boxes would throw their prawn sandwiches down on them.:D

Psyatika
11-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Holy shit, leave the kid alone!

Everyone is saying that he will be ignored, so ignore him! I'm sure it's fun and all for you lot to abuse 16 year old boys, but stupid comments like the above make you look just as small as you want to make him look, and on top of that you look no better than the scummy Millwall fans this thread is supposed to be addressing in the first place, starting trouble just for trouble's sake.

I love this club, but some of the fans need to ••••in grow up!

Chunt
11-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Nope we shouldn't, atmosphere would be a lot more lively if we surrounded the scum in the stands, palace at either side of 'em.

imashed
11-07-2005, 10:40 PM
no, i'd give them about 2-3,000 and if they sell them anther 1000, if i recall last time we played both they only filled the middle of the arthur and stick them near the holmsdale good bit of banter and the swapping of rare coins

smileysmith
12-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer
What if I just couldn't give a shit? I'd be with you today. Was in a foul mood yesterday ....

Riccardo
12-07-2005, 09:45 AM

Good post, completely agree.

Barry
13-07-2005, 09:33 AM
The argument about giving the whole stand to Brighton/Millwall does not stand up. After all Man Utd share a stand with Man City during the Manc derby, as do Arse when they travel to White Hart Lane.

They should be given the normal allocation with buffer zones and police either side of them.

Its f**king embarressing giving a whole stand (9,000 seats!) to our rivals when we have a stadium only holding 26,000.

We havent got the greatest support and always need help from away supporters to get a sell out. I doubt we would sell out against Man Utd if it wasnt for the away fans. Even so, I would rather a 20,000 crowd with 4,000 away fans, then a 26,000 crowd with 10,000 away fans. F**k the money, our pride is at stake!

Onka's Big Moka
13-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Dowie's Fist
But you think Mulewall are great so lets leave it there eh? :hi:

Hello! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And besides, you probably listen to Jean Michelle Jarre, and there's every chance that you use the word "neat" to describe things you like.

LP
13-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah, it's well funny.

Almost as funny as your average gate and the fact that most of your 'support' only turns up when it's Palace home and away.

Onka's Big Moka
13-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I know, but 500 away fans to a ground 3 miles up the road? Hi-larious! Try and see it from a non-palace blinkered view. OK? Imagine, arbitrarily, you support Sheffield Wednesday. Just imagine, for a second, if you can. You hear about this team in south London, who take 25 fans, many with stupid haircuts and out-of-place facial hair, to their nearest rivals ground. You'd laugh, surely?

smileysmith
13-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Hello! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And besides, you probably listen to Jean Michelle Jarre, and there's every chance that you use the word "neat" to describe things you like. We're not american you know ...

smileysmith
13-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I know, but 500 away fans to a ground 3 miles up the road? Hi-larious! Maybe - but our away support at every other club we go to is bigger and louder than yours ...

And how a 'wall fan can take the piss out of hair cuts or anything to do with style is beyond me. Particularly when the specific 'wall fan likes Toploader. :rolleyes:

Onka's Big Moka
13-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Particularly when the specific 'wall fan likes Toploader. :rolleyes:

Seriously, they were well before their time. You'll be loving them in 20 years time, they'll be bigger than the Beatles.

smileysmith
14-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Seriously, they were well before their time. You'll be loving them in 20 years time, they'll be bigger than the Beatles. 20 years time .... lets see, I'd guess we'll be re-hashing the 80's again by then ... hmmm ....