PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Black

sydnsteve
05-07-2005, 02:51 PM
I know I'm in a minority of 1 in looking forward to seeing him back, but does anyone know when he'll be fit?
However, as I've slagged Koumas off for being a waste of space and talent, I don't know why I keep hoping for more from Tommy.
Stupidity springs to mind.

NorwoodPride
05-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Wooooaaahhh Tommy Tommy!

I'd like to see more from Tommy, too, I feel that he never quite realised his full potential in the past and was rather inconsistent, to say the least. But when he did play well, of course, he was outstanding and very exciting to watch.

stupalace
05-07-2005, 03:00 PM
not sure , you have to buy the black away shirt and have the name black on the back
it has to be done

Eagle123
05-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
I know I'm in a minority of 1 in looking forward to seeing him back, but does anyone know when he'll be fit?
However, as I've slagged Koumas off for being a waste of space and talent, I don't know why I keep hoping for more from Tommy.
Stupidity springs to mind. If he could ever recapture the form he showed when he had "that purple patch" he might just break back into the team. hes been tried on the right wing and does'nt track back enough and hes been tried up front which is one position I cant see him getting a look in but we still need a creative midfielder. Who knows if he could do a job there but if he could we might just have a player in our squad that can create from midfield without SJ having to spend. Theres a lot of ifs and buts there though. SJ has questioned his attitude since he won his long term contract and clearly ID doesnt fancy him as he never used him when he was fit!
I;d imagine he may go the same way as Ships in the end but like I said who knows?

kestoneagle
05-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Haven't you heard the latest fashion news....Black is the new Grey! Watch out for a half season cameo of decent performances followed by a transfer to Birmingham.

Steve H
05-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Cometh the hour, cometh the man...

Webb
05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't think we'll see him in a first team shirt again.

David of Kent
05-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I don't think many CPFC fans doubt his ability, it's just the aptitude and consistency that they are missing. Definitely one of those players you always suspect will go somewhere else and be fantastic and make you look idiots for letting him go.

Jay_eagle
05-07-2005, 03:59 PM
hes a legend go on the tommy black!

smileysmith
05-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by webbplebb
I don't think we'll see him in a first team shirt again. I sincerely hope not. Don't rate him at all.

Eagle123
05-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
I sincerely hope not. Don't rate him at all. Going forward (when on form) he always looked very dangerous. Its his defensive responsibilities that he always shirked and had every manager hes played under tearing they're hair out. Even when on form I see him as a luxery player. We may not have invested heavily on his original transfer fee but the club have spent a reasonable amount on his wages since hes been with us which (from a wastful point of view) would make me want to see him given one more crack at getting back in but maybe behind the scenes ID HAS already given him that chance and he has'nt taken it. If thats so maybe we should look for a buyer and cut our losses now. To my reckoning he is'nt aversed to moving on. The only reason he quit his loan spell at Sheff Utd was because he wanted to play andonce arnock got a couple of his little favourites fit he benched him

Jay_Palace
05-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Jay_eagle
hes a legend go on the tommy black!

Conclusive proof that the phrase "legend" is applied to the most unsuitable people.

ANDYEAGLE
05-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I thought TB was really knuckling down in the reserves when he broke his leg. He was getting stick still from a lot of people on here,but as he had brought it on himself you can understand people looking for the bad rather than the good things he was doing.
He must know this is his last chance at the higher level. He has got talent and I am backing him to take his chance next season.
Fingers crossed.

Boston Eagle
05-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Personally i would like to see him on the bench, He will never be a 90 min man but a useful asset to have on the bench and depending on the mood of the boy he can sometimes be a matchwinner.

Eagle
05-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Apparently Dowie has been really pleased with the effort Tommy has put in since his leg break to get fit again and so im told Dowie certainly believes Tommy can be an important player for us next season and is in his plans for next season.

adrenalin john
05-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Boston Eagle
Personally i would like to see him on the bench, He will never be a 90 min man but a useful asset to have on the bench and depending on the mood of the boy he can sometimes be a matchwinner.

Walsall 0-0 minutes to go, we need someone to get in the box and make something happen.....................

I think he could be a great great player at this level but it is up to him. As Graeme Taylor might indicate he has had 're-fuelling' problems in the past.

If he grew up, knuckled down and really tried to improve his play, his defensive duties and fitness he would be a fantastic assett.

Jay_eagle
05-07-2005, 05:30 PM
???

Pokerface
05-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Eagle
Apparently Dowie has been really pleased with the effort Tommy has put in since his leg break to get fit again and so im told Dowie certainly believes Tommy can be an important player for us next season and is in his plans for next season.

Good. His talent can still be rescued.

Thedane
05-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
Stupidity springs to mind.

No, 2 - count me in as well. Would like to see him get his chance, but it will be hard for him to get in the starting lineup with Jobi McAnuff around.

The couple of games I've seen him, he seemed very energetic in his defensive work, though perhaps not very successful. :)

Sussex Eagle
05-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Awful, awful, player. If he ever turns out in the league again I'll cry.

kolinkins
05-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Awful, awful, player. If he ever turns out in the league again I'll cry.

What he said.

Jay_Palace
05-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
What he said.
Seconded.

I can't believe that anyone would be happy to see this bloke play for us ever again.

We have moved on from the likes of Tommy "I can't be arsed to put in any effort and instead I'll just ponce about thinking I'm a big time player" Black.

I'd be very happy to see him leave.

Thedane
05-07-2005, 06:09 PM
If he ever turns out in the league again I'll cry.

Tears of joy I hope, having seen him turn Millwall inside out in December :D :p

GanbareWashi
05-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Sorry, but if Tommy starts for us we must be in trouble.

jaymuncey
05-07-2005, 06:21 PM
good to come on as a sub...won a penalty v wallsall last thing i can remember him doing...other than that not much use

CarlosTheFinger
05-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by kestoneagle
Haven't you heard the latest fashion news....Black is the new Grey! Watch out for a half season cameo of decent performances followed by a transfer to Birmingham.

You Sir, are a comedy genius!

Cheers Mateyboys,

Carlos

brb rule
05-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Well he seems to work very hard down at Amida gym in Beckenham, ask the staff there.

Paicey
05-07-2005, 08:57 PM
I love the blackster and now i hope he can show us what he can really do...even more so now his shadow (Jules) isnt with him any more...

WOOOOH TOMMY TOMMY

ANDYEAGLE
05-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by brb rule
Well he seems to work very hard down at Amida gym in Beckenham, ask the staff there.

Never seen him in there myself,I go most days, he must go at a different time. Aki, Popo and Muscat are the only regulars I have seen in the Gym.

kestoneagle
06-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Never seen him in there myself,I go most days, he must go at a different time. Aki, Popo and Muscat are the only regulars I have seen in the Gym.

He'll be in the pool practising his diving. :D

PalaceMonkey
06-07-2005, 10:18 AM
I quite like him, can be a bit frustrating though

Harry Holmesdale
06-07-2005, 10:28 AM
I feel massively let down by him, so much promise and natural ability but very rarely sparkles now, perhaps when his contract is up he will come good again ?

No idea why the Holmesdale sing his name with so much gusto when he comes on, perhaps its cos its an easy song to sing ?!

kestoneagle
06-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I always found him really frustrating in a Routledge kind of way. Obvious talent but generally a dreadful choice of pass or poor cross/shot.

Tom's Old Man
06-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Can't see him playing under Dowie.
A wasted talent, he'll come back to haunt us one day.

Gazpacho
06-07-2005, 01:09 PM
His chance of doing well for Palace isn't finally gone until he is transferred out or released or the fat lady sings. If he can train and work hard I believe Palace will be open minded towards him. He could be like a new signing. Tommy needs to get it right, one game at a time, starting with the first friendly he gets picked for. His motivation needs to be that he is the nearest player to the exit now and he may never ever get another chance. He has only shown in flashes that he could do it - it is now up to him to make sure his career is not just full of regrets.

Eagle123
06-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Awful, awful, player. If he ever turns out in the league again I'll cry. Sussex you are turning into a right grumpy git ;)

Shipp Ahoy!
06-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Got to play him against Wallsall so he can fall over again :D

cpfc_connection
06-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Both Iain dowie and John harbin respect hard work, especially on the training ground and in the gym. If Tommy Black has been putting in the hours at the gym and working on both his physical and mental condition, then i can see Iain Dowie rewarding Tommy Black by putting him in the first team or certainly come on as a substitute with 20/30 minutes to go.

However, if Tommy Black falls back into his old habits, he will be shipped out, whether it be on loan or permanetly.

Clapham Grand
06-07-2005, 05:51 PM
would be surprised if he forced his way back into the team

Sir.S.C Remembered
07-07-2005, 11:13 AM
I think we could use him in the Championship, maybe left wing?

Gazpacho
02-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Iain - 20 minutes to go, play three at the back, push the full backs forward with a holding midfielder. Link Michael Hughes up with Tommy
in the middle of the park and see what happens.

OK, OK, OK - I know it isn't going to happen. We will never know if it could work. I'll get me coat.

zonin2000
02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Who?

Sir.S.C Remembered
02-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Spoke to him in the club shop on Saturday and he said the leg was fine and he is back in training and I encouraged him to battle for the left wing slot to allow Jobi to move to the right as I reminded him that when he played left wing (e.g. Grimsby away years ago) he was very effective, far more so than Kollka and the fact we haven't signed a out and out left winger leaves an opportunity.

smileysmith
02-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
he was very effective, far more so than Kollka So you told a little white lie then ... ? ;)

Planet Palace
02-08-2005, 03:02 PM
I would like to see Tommy back but only as a sub. He can and does make things happen(not always for the best), but he is exciting and he is a lot better than Andrews. He has never had a problem with fitness.

Kevan Woz Awful
02-08-2005, 03:08 PM
It's in keeping players like Tommy Black that stop us being able to get decent replacements.

daz_eagle
02-08-2005, 03:16 PM
tommy tommy tommy tomymymmymymy BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go on tommy.

Selhurst Celtic
02-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by kestoneagle

:D :D :D

zonin2000
02-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Planet Palace
He has never had a problem with fitness.
The broken leg held him back a bit. ;)

Hedgehog
02-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
Spoke to him in the club shop on Saturday and he said the leg was fine and he is back in training and I encouraged him to battle for the left wing slot to allow Jobi to move to the right as I reminded him that when he played left wing (e.g. Grimsby away years ago) he was very effective, far more so than Kollka and the fact we haven't signed a out and out left winger leaves an opportunity.
I think that is way too long of a sentence for a footballer to understand! :eek:

lordanton
02-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Wasn;'t Tommy who came back after pre-season and was sent home by Bruce as he had gained 2 stone?!

Anyway, his purple patch in December 2002 was absolute magic.

palacemad1
02-08-2005, 07:54 PM
tommy black playing against crawley tonight