PDA

View Full Version : should palace put a big screen on the holmesdale end ?

palace headcase
05-07-2005, 09:48 PM
i think they should because i sit in the whitehorse lane stand :bash: and cant see the darn thing :veryangry

what does anyone else think ?

Nelson Muntz
05-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Agreed (Because I sit in the Whitehorse too).

patch
05-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Switch to the Holmesdale - fine view from there. Better be quick cos the black squares on the big screen might spread!

palace headcase
05-07-2005, 09:53 PM
small world... where abouts ?

i sit to the left of the goal next to the very last exit by the wall in the rows of 2 seats by the steps, about 10 seats away from the arthur wait stand :hi:

Nelson Muntz
05-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I sit at the top just to the left of the goal.
Would never give up my seat because the view is fantastic and I like to talk to opposing goalkeepers.

Mark_cpfc
05-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I think a screen at the top of the Holmesdale is a great idea. Wasnt it rumoured that the old scoreboard was going in the section next to the holmesdale and the away fans section?

palace headcase
05-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
Would never give up my seat because the view is fantastic and I like to talk to opposing goalkeepers.

i think ive seen you :) when man united came down to selhurst were you shouting TIIIIIMMM !!!!!! TIIIIIIMMM !!!! TALK TO ME TIM !!! ? :D

Wingy_CPFC
05-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Mark_cpfc
I think a screen at the top of the Holmesdale is a great idea. Wasnt it rumoured that the old scoreboard was going in the section next to the holmesdale and the away fans section?

Fairly sure it was in the programme notes at the time. 3 years later...

Nelson Muntz
05-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Probably me. I do try to get a response from quite a few of them.
My favourite from last season was Robert Green. He had called Selhurst ugly in the week leading upto the game, so when Joonas scored in front of us (Top goal too) I said to Mr Green 'Ugly Goalkeeper, Ugly Stadium, Beautiful Goal' He heard me too 'cos I have a huge gob.
I am considering retiring from shouting at games as I'm 44 now and the lungs can't take like they used to.

GreatGonzo
05-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Holmesdale would not support a big screen, they had to put a huge amount of supportwork up to hold the screen on the Whitehorse but teh design of teh holmesdale means it is not possible.

It could be possible to put it where teh scoreboard was due to go but that woul dmean changing the disabled facilities, and its where teh TV box goes for live games!

Mark_cpfc
05-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Couldnt we do what Arsenal do at Highbury and have a screen in the corner?

The TV crews could use one of the directors box for the tv coverage and im sure there is somewhere round Selhurst where the disabled facilities could be moved too.

palace headcase
05-07-2005, 10:14 PM
well u wont have a problem spottin me then :D next season first game of the season look down by the last exit for a burberry hat..... that will be me :p if not the burberry hat then look for someone in a grey tracksuite trousers with last seasons palace shirt over the top of a white tracksuite top and a hat with loads of blue graffiti writting on it.....

if you spot that it will be me :o

c_block_lad
05-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Big screens costs 1M+, we have already spunked that sort of cash doen the drain last season Ventola & Kaveides.

palace headcase
05-07-2005, 10:18 PM
kaviedes did sod all aswell... where exactly has he gone ?

eagles #1
05-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by palace headcase
well u wont have a problem spottin me then :D next season first game of the season look down by the last exit for a burberry hat..... that will be me :p if not the burberry hat then look for someone in a grey tracksuite trousers with last seasons palace shirt over the top of a white tracksuite top and a hat with loads of blue graffiti writting on it.....

if you spot that it will be me :o Oh dear i recognise you. Thank God i moved to the Holmesdale...;)

patch
05-07-2005, 10:27 PM

How well dressed you are.

palace headcase
05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Oh dear i recognise you. Thank God i moved to the Holmesdale...;)

how long ago did you move to the holmesdale ??

palace headcase
05-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by patch
How well dressed you are.

thank you for admiring the way i dress :p i feel popular now :clown:

eagles #1
07-07-2005, 06:09 PM
how long ago did you move to the holmesdale ?? Just Before the Premiership season. So a year a ago.

Kevan Woz Awful
07-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Wouldn't a decent mirror do?

07-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
what seat number are you?? im in 75 which is directly behind the goal(or near enough)

07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
2nd row up from the entrance

Strictly Palace
07-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Been in the Whitehorse for years, so don't really know whether it is something I'm missing. When I was stood on the Holmesdale upto 1994 I did enjoy the old scoreboard and the ref wagging his finger when a player got booked.

boxing francis
07-07-2005, 07:00 PM
No need being a Holmesdale regular myself :p

orpingtoneagle
08-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Ohh my god I think I know who you are tooo !!!!:D

follow cpfc
08-07-2005, 11:47 AM
i sit in the holmesdale and i see the big scree everyday and your nit missing much just some adverts about tickets and the new training wear at the club shop

PalaceMonkey
08-07-2005, 11:52 AM

chavtastic :lux:

Jay_Palace
08-07-2005, 11:59 AM
I remember reading in SJ's programme notes a few years back that someone had written to him and had requested that he install a jumbotron on the holmesdale, and he wasn't atall impressed by this suggestion.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
08-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm from the Whitehorse and always consider it a farce that as the "family" end, we dont get to see the entertainment (jumbotron) or the fireworks as they put them on top of our stand and any bands (as and when) that come, play to a deserted Directors box who are all out enjoying their prawn sarnies. - Some family stand. The bogs are a disgrace and the women have one loo to share and spend hours queing.

C'est la vie...good old Palace, wouldn't have 'em any other way...

Billingshurst
08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
How to make myself very unpopular:

MAKE THE WHITEHORSE END FOR AWAY FANS.

All the family stand may now rip into me..............

Son of Selhurst
08-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Surely the 22 blokes in front of you are nearer and clearer than a screen at the other end of the pitch???

08-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Billingshurst
How to make myself very unpopular:

MAKE THE WHITEHORSE END FOR AWAY FANS.

All the family stand may now rip into me.............. and move all season tickets to the aurther wait stand. suits me

GreatGonzo
08-07-2005, 04:27 PM
The question is Jake - would Blocks A and B move to teh far end of the Arthur?

Chunt
08-07-2005, 04:31 PM

Oh me oh my....

Stanley Boy
08-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Holmesdale would not support a big screen, they had to put a huge amount of supportwork up to hold the screen on the Whitehorse but teh design of teh holmesdale means it is not possible.

It could be possible to put it where teh scoreboard was due to go but that woul dmean changing the disabled facilities, and its where teh TV box goes for live games!

The tv box is off to West Ham next season. (we're not in the premiership anymore).

follow cpfc
08-07-2005, 09:22 PM
i think it is a very very very good idear to move away fans to the croydon family stand it would make for a much better atmosphere

Gosling
08-07-2005, 09:49 PM
I sit at the back of the arfur and watch the game myself.