PDA

View Full Version : Anti-muslim Palace fans

Cleon
15-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Palace hooligans named as wanting to take out 'revenge on muslims'

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1529033,00.html

I hope that this a load of bollox. If any of Palace are involved in this crap then I hope real fans shop you to the police so that you can be locked up like the animals you are. :veryangry

Great Lombardi
15-07-2005, 07:15 AM
On page two of The Guardian it reports that Palace hooligans are teaming up with Millwall and West Ham thugs to unite against Muslims.

Is anyone aware of this???

Webb
15-07-2005, 07:19 AM
Hooligans?!

You mean a bunch of jumped up 15 year old kids with all mouth and no action, surely?

Geezer
15-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Scum.

cpfc1976
Totally agree! With your comments that is....

Eaglesmad123
Lets not give them the publicity they want. It is probably paper talk but on the other hand there is a lot of anger still in the air especially towards people of the muslim faith.

Del Gland
15-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Sloppy report here - if we had any real hooligans I am sure that they would have lost their rag big time during some of the events that went against us last season!

Totally agree about shopping the apes to the Old Bill though.

mentalbarter
15-07-2005, 07:21 AM
:eek:

do they seriously think we would team up with millwall scum?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1529009,00.html

edit: oh there's already a thread on it

Eaglesmad123
15-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by webbplebb
Hooligans?!

You mean a bunch of jumped up 15 year old kids with all mouth and no action, surely?

I think there a little older than that. We may all mock the palace firm on this board but they are a nasty bunch of people.

welshneil
15-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Shouldn't this newspaper be at least charged with insighting racial hatred...and sued by the clubs involved?

Webb
15-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Eaglesmad123
I think there a little older than that. We may all mock the palace firm on this board but they are a nasty bunch of people.

Nasty pieces of work, yes. But when was the last time you saw any hooligan element at Palace? I certainly am struggling to remember.

CK
15-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Media cr@p. Could just as well be cricket supporters but I doubt that would carry the same weight:bash:

Lion
15-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Another thread on this:

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111594

celery stick
15-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Disappointing.
Especially as Palace recently came top in a poll to find the least racist club and fans in the country.
I cant remember the link.

Dave
15-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by welshneil
Shouldn't this newspaper be at least charged with insighting racial hatred...and sued by the clubs involved?

Are you saying the Guardian made this up?

Dave
15-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by celery stick
Disappointing.
Especially as Palace recently came top in a poll to find the least racist club and fans in the country.
I cant remember the link. Doesn't mean we don't have a small minority of racist fans.

Mat ov CPFC
15-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Oh well at least its going to give the Soc.libs an excuse to vent their fury at white people.

Its piss poor reporting and nothing more than scare mongering. I am sure that a similar piece could be written by trawling some of the more extreme British Muslim websites.

And just think how many people will now be trying to look up these websites.

Jimbocpfc
15-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Webbplebb.............

I dont know what part of the ground you sit or how many away games you go to, but i can assure you that the club does have a hooligan following which could be seen by all over the last couple of seasons - get your head outa the sand mate coz its part and parcel of football!

Chris K
15-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Whilst a little worrying I'd say its a load of tosh, i think it was only a matter of time before we saw reporters start running out of new things to say so the obvious train of thought would be:

".... attacks on mosques..... has anyone mentioned any football holligans?..... nah, not yet.....its a scoop then....right whats the name of some london clubs.....we can't just put Millwall and West Ham as normal whats another?..... stick Palace in, that'll be a shock.... etc"

jone-zee
15-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Must be a pile of wank as there is no mention of Chelsea

jone-zee
15-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Oh well at least its going to give the Soc.libs an excuse to vent their fury at white people.

Its piss poor reporting and nothing more than scare mongering. I am sure that a similar piece could be written by trawling some of the more extreme British Muslim websites.

And just think how many people will now be trying to look up these websites.

Anything to deflect the attention from the downfall of The Guardians idea of Utopia.

Igor Iconic
15-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Bloody marvelous, I am going to a wedding tomorrow on the Victoria Embankment. The last thing it needs is a bunch of Bermondsey's Hitler Youth to come marching past abley supported by the Burberry Brigade.

Webb
15-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Jimbocpfc
Webbplebb.............

I dont know what part of the ground you sit or how many away games you go to, but i can assure you that the club does have a hooligan following which could be seen by all over the last couple of seasons - get your head outa the sand mate coz its part and parcel of football!

My head isn't in the sand. Whilst I am obviously aware that hooliganism is part and parcel of the game - Palace can take great pride in not having a large hooligan element, and even then it is largely made up of kids. Maybe you can tell me otherwise, but I have sat in all the stands for the games I have been to in the past few seasons (not as many as I would of liked, mind), and whilst I agree with you that you do get the odd individual or small group of uneducated 'hooligans', I have, with my own eyes, seen little evidence that a large Palace related hooligan group operates.

Eaglesmad123
15-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Jimbocpfc
Webbplebb.............

We have always had a firm that even extends to england matches

Mal Adjusted
15-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Dave

Mat ov CPFC
15-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Chris K
Whilst a little worrying I'd say its a load of tosh, i think it was only a matter of time before we saw reporters start running out of new things to say so the obvious train of thought would be:

".... attacks on mosques..... has anyone mentioned any football holligans?..... nah, not yet.....its a scoop then....right whats the name of some london clubs.....we can't just put Millwall and West Ham as normal whats another?..... stick Palace in, that'll be a shock.... etc"

I think we need to acknoweldge that no doubt there are little toerags posting all sorts of shit up about what they are going to do to Muslims and the like. But then again they post all sorts of shit about all sorts of things where as the reality seems to be that all they want to do is wear stupid clothes and go around trying to intimidate people. But its a non-story and you quite rightly have commented, no doubt in the Guardian Newsroom somebody had probably watched the 'Football Factory' the night before and decided to come up with a 'shock, horror, whites planning to be beastly to Muslims' story.

Mat ov CPFC
15-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by jone-zee
Anything to deflect the attention from the downfall of The Guardians idea of Utopia.

Aint that the truth.

Cleon
15-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Nice to see the glee with which Mat ov & Jone-zee predict the downfall of multi-culturalism. Something dark stiring in your hearts lads?

celery stick
15-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Doesn't mean we don't have a small minority of racist fans.

Agree. As have most clubs.
I just meant thats its disappointing Palace should be in the press in this kind of story.

LeeH
15-07-2005, 08:19 AM
I'd imagine that someone, somewhere, on another message board someone has made a comment that they should get together, someone else has said 'yeah' and this has been forwarded to the press - or does the fact that it's in the Guardian mean that it has to be true?

Mat ov CPFC
15-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Cleon
Nice to see the glee with which Mat ov & Jone-zee predict the downfall of multi-culturalism. Something dark stiring in your hearts lads?

Not really. But its obvious that something has gone horribly wrong. And I do believe that it was a certain Mr Phillips, head of the CRE, who has put the dampners on the whole Multi-cultural idea a while a go.

Maybe its you lot who have believed in it so vigoursly who need to go back to the drawing board.

cpfc_spc1982
15-07-2005, 08:27 AM
their is a national front march in london. football hooligans obviosuly have far right views and would be present.

patch
15-07-2005, 08:31 AM

Col Gaddaffi!

PalaceMonkey
15-07-2005, 08:35 AM
I've never seen any trouble, home or away at Palace matches, the hooligan element can't be that big!

Cleon
15-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Not really. But its obvious that something has gone horribly wrong. And I do believe that it was a certain Mr Phillips, head of the CRE, who has put the dampners on the whole Multi-cultural idea a while a go.

Maybe its you lot who have believed in it so vigoursly who need to go back to the drawing board.

I remain a supporter of multi-culturalism - nothing that's happened recently suggests that it has failed. 4 mad killers out of a population of millions does not breakdown a system. 1 white doctor managed to kill many many more people in Lancashire a couple of years ago.

Multi-culturalism is this country's strength, and makes this place worth living in. I don't believe we'd have won the Olympics without it. And I don't believe it is 'failing' or suffering a 'downfall'.

Webb
15-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
I've never seen any trouble, home or away at Palace matches, the hooligan element can't be that big!

So it's not just me then.;)

€pfc
15-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Looks like there is a march with all team fans meeting up and marching against terrorism but they state its not racist.

And Palace are on it along with Brighton and many more from across Great Britain

http://s9.invisionfree.com/UBA_Forum/

Ian of Chatham
15-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Igor Iconic
Bloody marvelous, I am going to a wedding tomorrow on the Victoria Embankment. The last thing it needs is a bunch of Bermondsey's Hitler Youth to come marching past abley supported by the Burberry Brigade.
Good job I won't be anywhere near Victoria Embankment tomorrow, the scum would probably throw me in the Thames. I hope the wedding goes alright by the way.

Maz
15-07-2005, 08:59 AM
4 mad killers out of a population of millions does not breakdown a system. 1 white doctor managed to kill many many more people in Lancashire a couple of years ago.
Good point.

Stevieboy2
15-07-2005, 09:00 AM
The last time I remember trouble was when all those 15 year old kids got on the pitch at the end of the Sunderland game at Selhurst and starting inciting the away supporters.

I don't believe this is the first time that The Guardian has written a story based on nothing.

Sandowneagle
15-07-2005, 09:46 AM

It exists - and the fact you haven't seen it is because it is well organised and it is like minded people wanting to beat the sh!te out of each other in a place where innocent people can't get hurt and they can't get nicked.

Sandowneagle
15-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
their is a national front march in london. football hooligans obviosuly have far right views and would be present.

That last comment is b0ll0x and I'd suggest if you honestly believe that then you clearly do not know anything about this subject area so don't post. The 'head' of a number of firms are from ethnic groups specifically black but also at least in one club asian.

oldeagle
15-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Disappointing to see headless chicken disease is still rampant on BBS.
Soft left newspaper with an agenda publishes a story with debatable, if any, factual evidence to support it and suddenly the sky is going to fall!

Jog on.

welshneil
15-07-2005, 10:48 AM

No but I think it's a daft thing to publish, patricularly naming clubs. Seems more like a SUN story and it's strange clubs like Stoke, Cardiff, Oldham, Hull, Wolves etc with a blatantly racist and hooligan element aren't mentioned!

Stevieboy2
15-07-2005, 10:55 AM
I think Sandown needs to be careful what he's saying as he could be construed as a hooligan himself.
I'm not saying you are, but be careful!!

c_block_lad
15-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Why?

Unlike some on here he doesnt have his head buried in the sand like most Palace fans who claim we dont have a "Firm".

Does the club have a hoolgian element? Yes. Is it "active" compared to other clubs? No.

Silly season is truely upon us in the media.

screamingalice
15-07-2005, 10:57 AM
The media feeding frenzy starts again. Could have listed any club they like. Would like to see what they base this story on?

Would have thought Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield, and several more would have been higher up the list than Palace. Not saying we do not have the odd trouble maker, I have seen plenty over the years, the big Test will be the first home game, interesting to see if there is any goading of Luton fans.

On the debate about multi cultral society. While I welcome to some level the diverse society we have today and have had for many hundreds of years. There is a danger that by ramming this subject down peoples throats you create problems among the English (Welsh, Irish, Scots) populations. London may be a great example of a multi cultral city, but the restof the UK outside the big cities like there way of life and want to protect the britishness of it all and they have a right to do that. The other issue is that n the cities if too much attention and focus is put on the multi cutral aspect and the areas of high density immigrants and of course 1st 2nd generation Brits, then the poor white areas will fester hatred. There is a balance to everything and there is a danger that if the balance falls too much towards (as some people may see it) pandering to the immigrant population, then trouble is being stored up for the future and major incidents like last week's bombs can act as the blue touch paper.

Stevieboy2
15-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm not saying that there isn't a hooligan element, but stating that they find somewhere quiet to beat the sh1t out of each other where innocent people can't get hurt could be construed as incitement.

Personally, any of the fights that I've seen, and there have been only 2, took place in the ground (Sunderland) and outside on the top corner of the Holmesdale (Millwall). These are not places where they are not going to get nicked and innocent people WILL AND DO get caught up.

Igor Iconic
15-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Ian of Chatham
Good job I won't be anywhere near Victoria Embankment tomorrow, the scum would probably throw me in the Thames. I hope the wedding goes alright by the way.

Thanks mate. I hope you have great weekend too.

Chief Brody
15-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Stevieboy2
I think Sandown needs to be careful what he's saying as he could be construed as a hooligan himself.
I'm not saying you are, but be careful!!

Why the heck should he be careful???????

Oh, forgot to say that as this is from the Guardian, the veracity of this story must be without doubt!!

Webb
15-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Unlike some on here he doesnt have his head buried in the sand like most Palace fans who claim we dont have a "Firm".

Does the club have a hoolgian element? Yes. Is it "active" compared to other clubs? No.

Maybe they have seen the light, and realised how stupid, pathetic and pointless going around and kicking other peoples heads in is?

Stevieboy2
15-07-2005, 11:26 AM
You just posted the answer to your question.

c_block_lad
15-07-2005, 11:27 AM
You misunderstand me.

Im not claiming that the "Firm" has done this or that.

Just that we have one, of which we do.

€pfc
15-07-2005, 11:29 AM
source?

Stevieboy2
15-07-2005, 11:32 AM
I think c_block is right.
I would've thought that every football club would have, though sources would be difficult to find, unless you know what you're looking for or are a part of the 'firm' yourself.

jazman
15-07-2005, 11:33 AM
There are no words to describe such people ....

Stevieboy2
15-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Agree

Webb
15-07-2005, 11:35 AM
You misunderstand me.

Moi?

Im not claiming that the "Firm" has done this or that.

Just that we have one, of which we do.

But they are dorment, with the possibitly of being extinct?

c_block_lad
15-07-2005, 11:36 AM
I really wouldnt know. Doesnt bother me.

Dillenger
15-07-2005, 11:41 AM
i'm surprised the Guardian didnt contact C-Block Lad on this, before going to the printers, as he seems to have such a hard-on for some kind of palace firm

c_block_lad
15-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Dillenger
i'm surprised the Guardian didnt contact C-Block Lad on this, before going to the printers, as he seems to have such a hard-on for some kind of palace firm

:rolleyes: :S:

Aint heard that before...

Sadly the summer often brings out the above nigel element.

:(

sydnsteve
15-07-2005, 11:50 AM
If the Guardian is soft left, then God help us. Mind you, I suppose if Blair is soft left then so is the Grauniad.

Dillenger
15-07-2005, 11:59 AM
:rolleyes: :S:

Aint heard that before...

Sadly the summer often brings out the above nigel element.

:(

well we have to hibernate in winter cos we're so scared of meeting up with you and your 'boys' at a palace game

jone-zee
15-07-2005, 12:22 PM

No glee here mate. Just annoyance that it takes a horrific event such as last Thursday as a wake-up call for some that the patronising and fawning of various cultures do more harm than good.

jone-zee
15-07-2005, 12:24 PM
c_block isnt in denial about its existance, unlike some who treat major problems with a Nelsons Eye kind of attitude

daz_eagle
15-07-2005, 12:34 PM
c_block isnt in denial about its existance, unlike some who treat major problems with a Nelsons Eye kind of attitude

quite right.

brb rule
15-07-2005, 12:39 PM
This season also i think it will be a bigger problem, 03/04 season there was 40-50 lads at most away games for eg Reading, Luton preseason friendly who will come back out again.

eagles #1
15-07-2005, 01:08 PM
i'm surprised the Guardian didnt contact C-Block Lad on this, before going to the printers, as he seems to have such a hard-on for some kind of palace firm Dont be an idiot. Palace do have a hooligan element, not a massive one, but one nontheless.

The Guardian probably got their report from the same site that i saw. I posted this in another thread...

"Yep, i've seen the sites. They're fuking shite, all the Hooligans from National Front are using the messageboards to 'recruit' new haters. Some of the stuff from the Palace fans is disgraceful. Talks of attacking Mosque's etc and how it's their 'duty' . They're as bad as those bloody radical Muslims."

limited_edition
15-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I've never seen any trouble, home or away at Palace matches, the hooligan element can't be that big! I have. But not for about 4 years.

Paicey
15-07-2005, 02:56 PM
if true it will be the first time i am ashamed to admit being a palace fan

Chief Brody
15-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Paicey
if true it will be the first time i am ashamed to admit being a palace fan

If true I will be the first to say I AM PROUD to admit to be being a Palace fan.

If you haven't seen or read what's been discussed over the past week following the bombings let me tell you that not ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS.

i.e. Don't tar everyone with the same brush!

I'm sorry but that comment makes me ******* annoyed!!:veryangry

Palace_Brasted
15-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Nasty pieces of work, yes. But when was the last time you saw any hooligan element at Palace? I certainly am struggling to remember.

Play-off semi final home V Sunderland, or did that one slip your mind?

Lion
15-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Are these the fans that are still "after" me?

PalaceFan in Alabama
15-07-2005, 03:38 PM
4 mad killers out of a population of millions does not breakdown a system. 1 white doctor managed to kill many many more people in Lancashire a couple of years ago.

One woman driving an SUV while on her mobile killed as many earlier this year (school bus wreck in Ohio) :eek:

Multi-culturalism is this country's strength, and makes this place worth living in. I don't believe we'd have won the Olympics without it. And I don't believe it is 'failing' or suffering a 'downfall'.

I grew up in a multi-cultural society 50 years ago :p What has changed ?

daz_eagle
15-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
One woman driving an SUV while on her mobile killed as many earlier this year (school bus wreck in Ohio) :eek:

shipman and a woman crashing a coach aren't really relevant to terrorism.

screamingalice
15-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Palace_Brasted

Eh I dont think you could call that trouble or that they were even hooligans, silly little kids more like. For us wrinklies who can recall the late 60's and early 70's amd then a litle in the mid 80's (although we hardly had any crowds then, let alone hoolies) there were times when the Holmesdale was awash with fights.

I recall first Div 1 game we palyed against Spurs Aug 69' Norwood junction was like Bagdad-it was a war zone. What you see these days is nothing compared to those days, you did not see many people wearing colours outside or near the ground in case they got caught up in trouble.

Palace_Brasted
15-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by screamingalice
Eh I dont think you could call that trouble or that they were even hooligans, silly little kids more like. For us wrinklies who can recall the late 60's and early 70's amd then a litle in the mid 80's (although we hardly had any crowds then, let alone hoolies) there were times when the Holmesdale was awash with fights.

I recall first Div 1 game we palyed against Spurs Aug 69' Norwood junction was like Bagdad-it was a war zone. What you see these days is nothing compared to those days, you did not see many people wearing colours outside or near the ground in case they got caught up in trouble.

So the trouble was worse in the 60's and 70's that wasnt my point.

Trust me mate I was sitting Aurthr Wait next to Sunderland that night and that wasnt no picnic out there.

Dave
15-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Mal Adjusted

And don't moan at me about the username. I've PM'd Neil with the problem and believe me - it isn't my bleedin fault

Well thats OK then. Just feel free to register accounts rather than trying to work out what your problem is.

Yes - probably. Despite it's reputation as a quality newspaper it isn't above the old tactic of inventing facts to suit stories.

Meh. Here is a crazy idea instead of slurring the paper with totally unfounded lies how about you offer some type of reposte to the author. I'd gladly pass it on.

Just a thought.

Mat ov CPFC
15-07-2005, 08:35 PM

Meh. Here is a crazy idea instead of slurring the paper with totally unfounded lies how about you offer some type of reposte to the author. I'd gladly pass it on.

Tell he is a twat for me. Or better still take Pidster along to your next company 'do' and let him loose

:D

Webb
15-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Palace_Brasted

You mean the small number of 15 year old kids that ran on to the pitch, with a couple of overgrown twats following them?

Hardly hooliganism is it?

kolinkins
15-07-2005, 10:07 PM
You mean the small number of 15 year old kids that ran on to the pitch, with a couple of overgrown twats following them?

The abuse at disabled fans?

Webb
15-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
The abuse at disabled fans?

The abuse from a minority of idiots, not the abuse of the large number of hooligans that some on here claim?

northwest eagle
15-07-2005, 10:46 PM
There is an anti muslim discussion including palace fans on this website.

<racist link removed>

pallet
15-07-2005, 10:50 PM
They look a pleasent bunch:D

oldeagle
15-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Well thats OK then. Just feel free to register accounts rather than trying to work out what your problem is.

Just a thought.

Totally unfounded just like the Guardians article eh!

Jasper
16-07-2005, 12:30 AM

Is the Guardian 100% trustworthy all of the time?

Just because the Guardian report something, doesn't mean it is Necessarily true, just as a report in The Sun isn't Necessarily false. (which is often insinuated on here)

dufski13
16-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by celery stick
Disappointing.
I cant remember the link.

I think that was the Evening Standard's recent series of football reports & polls. Not nationwide, but all the London clubs.
These 'hooligans' , if they exist , best not be in my section of the Holmesdale nest season, I'll be going straight to the stewards & old bill if I hear any of that dumb shite. Ours is a great club, one which I am rightly proud to support. Not just because we are ,obviously, the greatest team the world has ever seen, but also because we are decent fans, on the whole devoid of any of this crap.

PeterH
16-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Must be a pile of wank as there is no mention of Chelsea

Now that Chelsea are media darlings they don't have hooligans.

Dave
16-07-2005, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Jasper
Is the Guardian 100% trustworthy all of the time?

Just because the Guardian report something, doesn't mean it is Necessarily true, just as a report in The Sun isn't Necessarily false. (which is often insinuated on here) The Guardian may get things wrong however there isn't an agenda to mislead or to make stories up entirely which is the accusation on this thread.

Totally unfounded just like the Guardians article eh!

This is what is posted on the 'youths website;, quote is verbatim:

This weekend we will get them and we will make them pay for what they done to our capital city.

Thornton Heath, West Croydon, Mitcham, Morden and all areas with muslim / islamic scum living in will be destroyed with the ehlp of lads from all mobs & all areas.

WE MUST COME TOGETHER AND DEFEAT THESE SCUMBAGS

€pfc
16-07-2005, 06:19 AM
well i think they have it right check this out

http://s9.invisionfree.com/UBA_Forum/index.php?showtopic=767

Palace_Brasted
16-07-2005, 09:27 AM

Call it what you want but when I see groups of men fighting at a football crowd thats what I would call it and no it wasnt on the scale of others I have seen, but there certainley was fighting at that match.

jone-zee
16-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by PeterH
Now that Chelsea are media darlings they don't have hooligans.

LOL Exactly what a good mate of mine who is a Chelsea Fan said.(And he ahem knows about these things)

'Our Boys have been air-brushed from history':D

Sir.S.C Remembered
17-07-2005, 02:06 PM

What should be noted is that it was only people in the Arthur who caused trouble that night and a large majority of those in that stand on that night were guests in terms of they are not season ticket holders. There was a small percentage of season ticket holders in that stand and it was the only place where alot of people could get tickets just for the game so it wouldn't surprise me if a non Palace hooligan element made their way there.

Also people on these boards have made comments regarding Blocks A & B of the Holmesdale suggesting there is a yob culture there. Despite a low police turnout around these blocks on that night no1 from these sections ran onto the pitch and a vast majority booed what did go on that night.

Dillenger
17-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Dont be an idiot. Palace do have a hooligan element, not a massive one, but one nontheless.

err when have i said they havn't ? every club does to varying extents. i just find it funny that whenever there's a thread on hooliganism on the BBS you can put your mortgage on C_block Lad being all over it like a rash.

Tony Collins
17-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Totally agree with Cleon I hope these Tossers Balls turn to cubes and fray at the corners

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 02:47 PM
err when have i said they havn't ? every club does to varying extents. i just find it funny that whenever there's a thread on hooliganism on the BBS you can put your mortgage on C_block Lad being all over it like a rash.

Dear O Dear.

Nigel Alert.

Can you please leave us normal Palace fans, who have nothing to do with Hooliganism, but dont want to have the Nigel element banging on all summer, alone.

Thanks.

Chunt
17-07-2005, 02:57 PM
••••••• hell, you could write a script everytime theres a hooligan post on this board.

Someone will come up with some shitty quote, then a 7 page debate rages on with people saying "we have no hooligans" and others saying "stop hiding from it ofcourse we do".

There will be the odd post about where and when people have seen the firm, and a few people will slag of C_Block (Otherwise the post just wouldn't be the same).

Phil O'Sophical
17-07-2005, 03:23 PM
I see Millwall have an interesting friendly at the New Den on July 30th

At home to the Iraqi national team!!

What are the odds on it being cancelled?

100% Palace
17-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Its Iran, not Iraq.

Just as bad as each other though (some might say)

Phil O'Sophical
17-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by screamingalice

The violence was a lot worse in those days, largely because there were nothing like the numbers of police at games that there are now.

I remember that Spurs game and the Norwood Junction battle well. From memory there weren't many windows left in the station and Spurs fans wrecked an entire train before it got 50 yards out of the station.

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Dear O Dear.

Nigel Alert.

Can you please leave us normal Palace fans, who have nothing to do with Hooliganism, but dont want to have the Nigel element banging on all summer, alone.

Thanks.

Will you please •••• off with all this Nigel crap.

Opinions differ, labelling people for their opinions is shallow and completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Besides, I'm sure my brother-in-law would be quite happy to discuss the merits of considering Nigel to be a derogatory name.

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Will you please •••• off with all this Nigel crap.

Opinions differ, labelling people for their opinions is shallow and completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Besides, I'm sure my brother-in-law would be quite happy to discuss the merits of considering Nigel to be a derogatory name.

Get a grip.

Sadly the Nigel element seems ripe of late. One only has to see the threads before Charlton, "Sign here if we are staying up" and recently the "We are gonna cream the league" nonsense which has been spouted around of late.

And the term Nigel has nothing to do with the name Nigel.

:D :clown:

Stevieboy2
17-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Well said.
The BBS is for personal opinions, isn't it?!

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh right, so what does the term "Nigel" mean then?

I guess you mean the kind of geeky fan? I agree that the confidence shown in recent weeks is a bit worrying, but again, its people's opinion, and who are you to criticise it?

As I said, using the name Nigel as a derogatory term is a bit geeky in itself mate.

Dillenger
17-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Dear O Dear.

Nigel Alert.

Thanks.

mate, you're a legend. i dont doubt for a minute that you're a grade-a tw*t, but your post's on here really crack me up. keep up the good work.

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 05:14 PM
mate, you're a legend. i dont doubt for a minute that you're a grade-a tw*t, but your post's on here really crack me up. keep up the good work.

As opposed to being a A+ twat? There is an ignore feature, please yet it.

And please understand, I dont give a flying fook what a person says on an internet messageboard.

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2005, 05:16 PM
And please understand, I dont give a flying fook what a person says on an internet messageboard.

And yet...you call people Nigels?

You obviously do care, otherwise you wouldn't do it.

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 05:19 PM
And yet...you call people Nigels?

You obviously do care, otherwise you wouldn't do it.

I dont care what people say about me, I really couldnt give a feck. But Im still mythed to what saying Nigel has to do with that?

I call my brother and mates Nigels, they dont take it to seriously, nor should you. If I worried about what people had called me on this messageboard I wouldnt get to sleep at night.

Chunt
17-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Is Nigel non gender specific? Or is Nigella the female counter part?

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2005, 05:25 PM
No, but you care about what people say, because it irks you so much that you call them Nigels. Its a derogatory term used by rival teams and one you've used quite a bit in these past few weeks.

My point, as stated above, is that if you didn't care about what people say, you wouldn't call them Nigels. But, as I said, you do care, because you do call them Nigels, because their point of view differs from yours.

Chunt
17-07-2005, 05:28 PM
No, but you care about what people say, because it irks you so much that you call them Nigels. Its a derogatory term used by rival teams and one you've used quite a bit in these past few weeks.

That's it decided, C_Block_Lad is Millwall!

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Chunt

Oooh...I dunno...Chelsea sounds a bit more likely ;) :D

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 05:31 PM

Sadly people like RDS get a bit confused. I couldnt give a flying feck if away fans do or do not use that term.

It's a term which has become more used over the last few weeks because some of the threads and post have been nonsense.

Remember if you, or anyone else doesnt like what I have to say there is a Ignore function, people are more than welcome to use it.

Right Im off to start a "Sign here if we are going up thread"...

:rolleyes:

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2005, 05:32 PM
So...why not use the ignore function for those people you consider nigels? Why not practice what you preach?

:)

kolinkins
17-07-2005, 05:35 PM

Right Im off to start a "Sign here if we are going up thread"...

:rolleyes:

I thought "This club's a joke on and off the pitch, and I'm a better supporter than X Y Z because I went to more matches" thread was more your style?

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 05:35 PM
So...why not use the ignore function for those people you consider nigels? Why not practice what you preach?

:)

I have never put anyone on Ignore, I cannot think of anything sadder on a internet site.

I dont give a feck what people say, but people, like you, do care what I say, and thus the ingnore function is their for you to use.

kolinkins
17-07-2005, 05:37 PM
I have never put anyone on Ignore, I cannot think of anything sadder on a internet site.

I dont give a feck what people say, but people, like you, do care what I say, and thus the ingnore function is their for you to use.

How can he be caring more that you, when you are both responding to each other?

One doth protest too much....

RDSdaEAGLE
17-07-2005, 05:40 PM

So instead, you label them Nigels. Hmm, not much difference between either really.

Yet you're happy to label people Nigels because you DON'T care what they say? Am I correct?

Sounds like you're a little bit confused.

Chunt
17-07-2005, 05:44 PM

C_block_lad is using his textbook replies and getting a rise 14,000 odd posts in.

Eaglesmad123
17-07-2005, 05:47 PM
C block lad you say you dont care what people think but then your on hear every day posting.

Dillenger
17-07-2005, 05:58 PM
As opposed to being a A+ twat? There is an ignore feature, please yet it.

why would i put you on ignore when you're the funniest thing on here ?

Timbo
17-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Nothing wrong with the term "Nigel". I far prefer usage of this word than some of the more patronising insults typed on this board.

Chunt
17-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Timbo
Nothing wrong with the term "Nigel". I far prefer usage of this word than some of the more patronising insults typed on this board.

I'm sure you do wee man, now be a good boy and run along now will you?

Reps AJ
17-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Dear O Dear.

Nigel Alert.

Thanks.

Quick question. If you're not interested in hooligan threads and you're not bothered by what people say, why are you getting pissed off and replying to someone on a thread about hooligans?

King William
17-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil O'Sophical
I see Millwall have an interesting friendly at the New Den on July 30th

At home to the Iraqi national team!!

What are the odds on it being cancelled?

the same day that there friends west ham are in south london playing us.

good planning that one

Timbo
17-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm sure you do wee man, now be a good boy and run along now will you?

I don't quite know how to take this comment.

Heb 7:4
17-07-2005, 10:26 PM
I dont give a feck what people say

Well to be fair you did throw your toys out of the pram a bit when you had your ridiculous use of the word "lad" questioned.

As for the "Nigel" tag, I love it and am proud of it. It's a term used by Millwall fans because they perceive us to be more middle class than them. It comes from "Stripy Nigel" as in the private school boys with their stripy jackets, so because we aren't all chav scum like them, and because we have a stripy kit, the wonderful Millwall wit came up with the term. If we're going for stereotypes I'd rather be the middle class boy the Millwall fans despise than the Neanderthal racist tit that best characterises them.

For one Palace fan to use it to talk about another though? Just weird. Makes you sound like a Millwall wannabee, or perhaps a Charlton fan using the term without understanding it. Either way you sound pretty stupid. But hey, this is only an internet messageboard right, so what does it matter? :angel:

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 10:50 PM
What a strange thing to say regarding Millwall. They are as about as much rivarly to me and my family as Colchester United.

There is only two clubs me, my brother and old man (All Palace S/T) regard as scum, and thats Brighton and Chelsea. Millwall mean sweet FA all in this household.

€pfc
17-07-2005, 10:59 PM
What a strange thing to say regarding Millwall. They are as about as much rivarly to me and my family as Colchester United.

There is only two clubs me, my brother and old man (All Palace S/T) regard as scum, and thats Palace and Chelsea. Millwall mean sweet FA all in this household.

why Chelsea Nigel?:D ;)

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by €pfc
why Chelsea Nigel?:D ;)

:p

Me, My Brother & Old Man hate Chelsea, we really do hate 'em.

When you go to a school slap bang in the middle of the St. Helier estate (Chelsea Heartland) and your Palace you learn to hate them. Then you go to a Croydon College and there is the ••••ers all over the places.

My old man hates them and all, nothing would give us greatest pleasure apart from turning over the Brighton scum than to play Chelscum in the cup and beat them.

WE HATE CHELSEA

E.X Moontoad
17-07-2005, 11:11 PM

There is only two clubs me, my brother and old man (All Palace S/T) regard as scum, and thats Palace and Chelsea . :eek: :eek:

Best you get editing Nige;)

c_block_lad
17-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by E.X Moontoad
:eek: :eek:

Best you get editing Nige;)

••••••• hell! good call that man!

:eek:

E.X Moontoad
17-07-2005, 11:14 PM

Heb 7:4
18-07-2005, 06:39 AM

There is only two clubs me, my brother and old man (All Palace S/T) regard as scum, and thats Brighton and Chelsea. Millwall mean sweet FA all in this household.

Sorry, were you under the impression I was insinuating that you felt some rivalry with Millwall? :confused: How would I know who you hate or not? (Other than your well publicised hatred of Chelsea of course ;) )

MH BHAFC
18-07-2005, 07:13 AM
:p My old man hates them and all, nothing would give us greatest pleasure apart from turning over the Brighton scum than to play Chelscum in the cup and beat them.

Hey. Its not everyday you get Chelsea and Brighton mentioned in the same thread. :D

kolinkins
18-07-2005, 09:21 AM
So, c_blocks true feelings to Palace come out....

Freud....

ogami75
18-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Go to http://www.notinthenameofpeace.com/?m=20050713 - check the strip the little Muslim boy is wearing!!

eagles #1
18-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Fuking hell, this thread got confusing around pages 4/5!! :D

Tony Montana
18-07-2005, 06:26 PM
It's a stupid thread, with stupid posts and makes us all look ••••••• pathetic.

Trolley
18-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Those so called "Supporters" who might exact 'Revenge' almost plummet to the depths plumbed by the 'Terrorists' responsible for the despicable atrocity.

:veryangry

DocSavage
18-07-2005, 07:16 PM
This is crap because I know both of our hooligans are due in burger king to mix milkshakes on that day

El D
19-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by ogami75
Go to http://www.notinthenameofpeace.com/?m=20050713 - check the strip the little Muslim boy is wearing!!

Saw that in the Standard today. It is meant to remind us of the importance of peace.

stevek
19-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by El D
Saw that in the Standard today. It is meant to remind us of the importance of peace.

I like the slogan - 'Make buns not bombs'

Dave
20-07-2005, 07:19 AM
"I wanna skin up not blow up"

Chunt
20-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Football hooligans planning revenge
By Bede MacGowan

POLICE are monitoring plans being formulated by football hooligans to take revenge on Muslims in the wake of the London bombings.

Crystal Palace supporters are among those linking up with right wing extremists on unofficial fan websites.

Ringleaders are using the internet to urge supporters of rival teams, used to battling each other, to set aside their differences and unite against Muslims.

A character calling himself cp-youth' left a message entitled Calling all Palace lads' on the day of the attacks on the Red White and Blue forum used by a firm known as Palace Youth.

He wrote: "This weekend we will get them and we will make them pay for what they done to our capital city."

Several other postings on the Palace Youth site are made by right wing groups such as National Front and BritishandProud one says: "MUSLIM TERRORISTS OUT".

There are other postings too offensive to print.

Penge and Cator ward councillor John Getgood said: "The best response is to ignore these mindless threats. Violence achieves nothing.

"You cannot demonise a whole community because of the murderous activity of a criminal few."

Cllr Getgood added: "We all have a duty to promote calm and understanding and help the police to track down the perpetrators."

Chief Superintendent of Bromley police Martin Greenslade said: "We're ready to deal robustly with those who may target minority communities at this time.

"These horrific attacks were committed against the whole community which makes up London and have been widely condemned by like-minded people from all faiths and backgrounds."

Crystal Palace Football Club did not wish to comment.

Meanwhile Millwall Football Club chiefs were this week expected to cancel a planned match against Iranian national team, due to take place on July 30.

Club bosses and police reportedly fear the event could hijacked by racists looking to create trouble.

3:36pm Tuesday 19th July 2005

Scarface
20-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Fair enough! Football is a sport where fans have been able to express their political views for years! Not saying that I agree with it, but I also accept it!

Oisin
20-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Has there been a thread on this?

http://www.notinthenameofpeace.com/wp-content/thumb-zak.JPG

gjtango
20-07-2005, 08:51 PM
That shirts a fake.

gjtango
20-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Unless the kids one's have a dodgy looking badge on it?

BlazeRIP
20-07-2005, 08:54 PM
One word - CHAVS

oldeagle
20-07-2005, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave
[B]The Guardian may get things wrong however there isn't an agenda to mislead or to make stories up entirely which is the accusation on this thread.

If you get things wrong and are putting them forward as true, are you not misleading people, particularly those who do not know any better?

Oisin
20-07-2005, 08:59 PM
A fake Palace shirt? Hard to get

Billyd
20-07-2005, 10:53 PM
back to the the topic of palace having a firm or not. The answer is definetely yes because i know a few of them. They dont always travel together and only really turn out for a few games. Did no one see that massive group of blokes dressed in stone island etc for the charlton game? The firm is pretty big once everyone is together but rarely see any proper trouble except maybe the odd police escort.

And yes your right c_block does seem to post an awful lot in these type of threads but that doesnt mean he is a hooligan.

Onka's Big Moka
21-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Gentlemen...

It's in the Guardian, so it's probably entirely untrue.

Onka's Big Moka
21-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Nigel: a Crystal Palace supporter. Derived from "Stripey Nigel", a term for a Crystal Palace supporter created in recent years, ownership of term disputed amongst Charlton and Millwall supporters.

As such, you're all Nigels! Rejoice, commiserate, be unbothered, whatever.

oldeagle
21-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Onka's Big Moka
Gentlemen...

It's in the Guardian, so it's probably entirely untrue.

Away Day Eagle
22-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Billyd
back to the the topic of palace having a firm or not. The answer is definetely yes because i know a few of them. They dont always travel together and only really turn out for a few games. Did no one see that massive group of blokes dressed in stone island etc for the charlton game? The firm is pretty big once everyone is together but rarely see any proper trouble except maybe the odd police escort.

And yes your right c_block does seem to post an awful lot in these type of threads but that doesnt mean he is a hooligan.

100 % Correct.

HIPEMENT
22-07-2005, 09:26 AM
please shut up about are so called firm,,, we dont have one, it's just a bunch of 19year old kids that go away to everymatch,, and think they are the tits cos they are wearing some little top...... then on the monday they are RUDEBOYS.....

Dirty 30's = a graffiti crew from south west london, these are they guys that go around fighting, not the palace so called lot......

all fans have anti something init but why come on the net and create a stupid topic..

LP
23-07-2005, 08:20 AM

Crystal Palace Football Club did not wish to comment.

and why should they? Why should the club be answerable for the actions of a few thick aquascutum wearing dimwits typing bigoted nonsense on a website? They are not representitive of 99.9% of us and I think most people wouldunderstand this.

Our 'firm' are a total embarassment end of.

Pooh Pooh head
23-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Onka's Big Moka
Nigel: a Crystal Palace supporter. Derived from "Stripey Nigel", a term for a Crystal Palace supporter created in recent years, ownership of term disputed amongst Charlton and Millwall supporters.

As such, you're all Nigels! Rejoice, commiserate, be unbothered, whatever.

You really are a typical Swillwall fan arn't you. :grrr:

I have no problem with fans of other teams posting on here, in fact I encourage it as some of the best debates have been with people from " the other side of the fence"..... but all you do is attempt to wind people up with pathetic, childish insults.

Go back to you're Millwall site with all the other cavemen..... and bloody stay there.

dowieslovechild
26-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Billyd

"rarely see any trouble except maybe the odd police escort" ???????

Steady on boys, at this rate you'll be a getting a right name for yourself :o)

PATHETIC LITTLE BOYS who havent quite crossed over into manhood.

richto
26-07-2005, 01:00 PM
wrong thread...deleted.

Onka's Big Moka
26-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Pooh Pooh head
You really are a typical Swillwall fan arn't you. :grrr:

I have no problem with fans of other teams posting on here, in fact I encourage it as some of the best debates have been with people from " the other side of the fence"..... but all you do is attempt to wind people up with pathetic, childish insults.

Go back to you're Millwall site with all the other cavemen..... and bloody stay there.

I wouldn't bother, but some of you are just really easy to wind up! I suggest you drink less coffee, stop reading the Daily Mail and just chill!

Neil the Eagle
26-07-2005, 06:38 PM
RODNEYS: A DEFINITION

Plonkers from Peckham. Often seen wearing stained away tops, at least two sizes too small for them.

Ring any bells?