PDA

View Full Version : Went to Club Shop / B.O today

Oddjob
15-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Took a half day to get things sorted Palace wise.

Got my shirt printed and it cost £20 - the CCC badges are a fiver! they are incredibly slow at it, they guy who does it clearly has a pride in his work however he takes fecking ages, i was in there an hour and as we all know its like a bloody oven

Traditionally enough they are missing letters, namely G,M,B and U - therefore if your name is Gareth Bum you are in all sorts of trouble- they also have NO baby kits -the smallest size they appeared to have was 3-4 years.

Bought my match tickets for next year, am not a s/t holder but was a memner last year- no such concession this season- bought tickets for a lot of games and asked how sales were going, she advised they were a lot slower than expected even consideringit was first day - got cracking seats for scum 1 (BAHAFC) and scum 2 (MFC) though

They do have loads of kits though in the main sizes which makes a nice change, the place is still boiling though and u get the feeling most of the staff dont care- on the wages they are on I am not surprised

One plus point!! they have a new shipment of 'Who R Ya' t-shirts, which are currently out-selling the new shirt by 2-1 - plus if you do want to get your shirt printed make sure you know the players number asthe staff do not have a clue , I managed to stop some bloke about to have WARD and 6 on his shirt just in time

thats it.

OJ

zonin2000
15-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Oddjob
i was in there an hour and as we all know its like a bloody oven
Hence the BO?

Oddjob
15-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Hence the BO?

No, thats just cause I am fat

3rd_Lion
15-07-2005, 07:31 PM
So I will not be able to get McAnuff then as they are out of U's and M's?

c_block_lad
15-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Yet again the club is missing out on people who would love to get:

WE
BRIGHTON

on the back of their shirts ahead of the game with the scum.

Oddjob
15-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by 3rd_Lion

Exactly!!

You can have cAnff though?

they said they would be in Thursday at the very earliest, but to call ahead and check.

Oddjob
15-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad

WE
BRIGHTON

Got my ticket for this game today, and even booked a half day for it as its on a tuesday - if we only have to win 1 game, let it be this one.

Oddjob
15-07-2005, 07:40 PM
oh, and very dissapointed that we do not seem to sell one of those car placard things with a Palace fan pissing on a Brighton shirt, yes I know they are tasteless but I am prepared to make an exception in this case.

adil1984
15-07-2005, 08:00 PM
oh, and very dissapointed that we do not seem to sell one of those car placard things with a Palace fan pissing on a Brighton shirt, yes I know they are tasteless but I am prepared to make an exception in this case.

Yea i managed to get 1 from a shop on brighton pier a few weeks back... it was £2.25. Its the only place i have seen them myself

zonin2000
15-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 3rd_Lion
You do the maths.

Forever Stripes
15-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by adil1984
Yea i managed to get 1 from a shop on brighton pier a few weeks back... it was £2.25. Its the only place i have seen them myself

Yeah they are always available on Brighton pier, more reliable than the club shop, always in stock :D

AlanD
15-07-2005, 09:06 PM
I just go to the croydon one, itís easier. Its a shame we went down as I cant get my shirt printed for free at work anymore as we only do premiership lettering :(

Steve H
16-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by AlanD
I just go to the croydon one, itís easier. Its a shame we went down as I cant get my shirt printed for free at work anymore as we only do premiership lettering :(
Get it done now for next season then :p

King William
17-07-2005, 07:09 PM

ebay.

weh8millwall
17-07-2005, 08:51 PM

WE
BRIGHTON

You ate Brighton?

gay...

Eagle Mal
17-07-2005, 09:25 PM
WE
Brighton
The club cant be seen selling that sort of thing

arussell
18-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Traditionally enough they are missing letters, namely G,M,B and U - therefore if your name is Gareth Bum you are in all sorts of trouble

Just as well it's not the Brighton club shop that's run out of them then !

Jack Regan
18-07-2005, 09:39 AM
One plus point!! they have a new shipment of 'Who R Ya' t-shirts, which are currently out-selling the new shirt by 2-1

"WHO R YA" t-shirts selling well? - How is that a plus point?

They should all be piled up in the middle of the Sainsburys Car Park, doused with petrol, and set alight.

Oddjob
18-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Jack Regan
"WHO R YA" t-shirts selling well? - How is that a plus point?

They should all be piled up in the middle of the Sainsburys Car Park, doused with petrol, and set alight.

Didnt mean it, it was the first chance I had to see the said item in person, and I wouldnt even force my worst enemy to wear it.

Aussie_Eagle
18-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I brought the pissing on Brighton sticker in Norfolk last year, now proudly being displayed on my car's back window around Canberra...

MatthewT
18-07-2005, 01:34 PM

I had to get mine in Gran Canaria as I never saw them over here

Il Padrino
18-07-2005, 01:40 PM
The centenary stuff and new kits are really bad.

Iron on badges? Christ.

AlanD
18-07-2005, 01:43 PM
I want one :(

Mackenuff
19-07-2005, 03:45 PM

WE
BRIGHTON

TBH, I wouldn't want anything associated with those bum bandits on the back of my new shirt and I can't understand why anyone else would.

.....and I definitely reckon that anyone who does get that printed on their shirt wouldn't have the bollox to wear it to the scum away game! Those are the sort of shirt prints that people will proudly wear around the Whitgift Centre when there's no scum fans to be seen but never when it actually counts........:rolleyes:

As for the 'pissing on' car stickers, they're the sort of things you would expect to see on the back windscreen of some Chelsea scaffolders white van. They're f****n' awful and very Millwall/Chelsea/West Ham esque.

kolja51
20-07-2005, 09:31 PM
I was in Croydon shop 3 days ago and I was disapointed, there weren't any sale items, like last years shirt, or anything, and the price of Centenary shirt is way too much for my pocket, so all I got was a cap, and I came all the way from Croatia, stayed one day in London (came from Ireland through Manchester (a wedding)). I know I had to get out in selhurst but mistakenly I went with some train that doesn't stop at selhurst and didn't want to spend any more time trying to get there, since this was already enough for my girl to take for being one day in London. But for next time I know better now. Still I would like to se more stuff in Croydon shop, as well as in other shops. Why can you buy Millwall, Sunderland and Nott. Forest stuff in Lilywhiteas and not Palace?
How much would someone sellme last years shirt for?

c_block_lad
20-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Not a lot in the Selhurst club shop. I asked if you could buy the 100 year shirt off the rail without paying the extra tenner for a cupboard box, but nope.

Picked up last years home shorts for £8.50, only cost me about £1 though cos I had £7.50 on teamcard.

Mackenuff
21-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by kolja51
I was in Croydon shop 3 days ago and I was disapointed, there weren't any sale items, like last years shirt, or anything, and the price of Centenary shirt is way too much for my pocket, so all I got was a cap, and I came all the way from Croatia, stayed one day in London (came from Ireland through Manchester (a wedding)). I know I had to get out in selhurst but mistakenly I went with some train that doesn't stop at selhurst and didn't want to spend any more time trying to get there, since this was already enough for my girl to take for being one day in London. But for next time I know better now. Still I would like to se more stuff in Croydon shop, as well as in other shops. Why can you buy Millwall, Sunderland and Nott. Forest stuff in Lilywhiteas and not Palace?
How much would someone sellme last years shirt for?

My girlfriend got my last season's shirt signed by Dowie, AJ, Dougie and Salako in Allders last week. :lux: :lux:

I would say that it's priceless but if you make me a seven figure offer, then I might consider selling it........

then again, I might not. :hi:

Stevieboy2
21-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Because Lillywhite's is pants.
Mainly all you can see is ManUre and Chelscum.
Even in 'Birthdays' they have ManUre stuff.

Buglebob
21-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by kolja51
I would like to se more stuff in Croydon shop, as well as in other shops. Why can you buy Millwall, Sunderland and Nott. Forest stuff in Lilywhiteas and not Palace?

I believe it's a deliberate marketing policy not to sell shirts through other outlets in order to maximise short-term profit at the official club shops.

Big mistake IMO, as selling in other shops would highten the club's profile, with a higher profile the fan base would be likely to increase, larger fan base = increased sales (and larger attendances) = greater long term profit.