PDA

View Full Version : crowborough and surrounding area palace

barsteward
22-07-2005, 02:28 PM
done this before , but would like to know if any palace fans in this area would like a regular meeting place etc , and perhaps hire mini bus or coach this season ?:bash:

moi
22-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I live in Crowborough and get the train to games, to be honest i think getting the train is far cheaper for me personally

barsteward
23-07-2005, 12:17 AM
i agree but is it as much of a day out ? there are loads of us in this area and to travel up in a crowd is a real bonus, ive seen so many palace fans round here that it started me thinking we should start a crowborough branch up , meet in season and travel up as a group , :D

moi
23-07-2005, 12:37 PM
A mini bus does sound like a good idea, especially for evening games, when the trains dont run so late. Out of interest, how many people on the BBS live in the Crowborough area?

John.K
23-07-2005, 01:13 PM
I live in Wadhurst :)

barsteward
23-07-2005, 02:57 PM
like ive said done this before , at last count bbs members alone was 23 palace fans in crowborough itself, but i know from experience there are at least 50 or so non commited as well so potententialy a strong fan base ! surrounding areas as well i reckon we could add 15 _20 or so to that . in fact id say there are as many palace as there are brighton here which is no mean feat , considering we are so close. hence the reason for this thread lets jog on and utilise this .:p

John.K
23-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by barsteward
lets jog on .:p

Bit far to Selhurst surely :hmph:

aadams
24-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm up for the midweek games as you would have to leave the game early to get home & means I can have a beer

barsteward
24-07-2005, 10:49 PM
hi ya andy its holysheet here as was many moons ago, like the idea of having a pint or 4,,,, im running an establishment in your very near vicinity now so a beer after the game is not a prob in fact first is free for anyone who walks into my place with a palace shirt on !:p

GeeTee
25-07-2005, 08:34 AM
I'd be interested in mini-bus travel for away games, for home games I already have a car share thing worked out with the guys I sit with.

What boozer are you running Ian?

aadams
25-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Ian, whats the establishment called?

barsteward
25-07-2005, 01:11 PM
just taken over the social club recently , so we would have an ideal meeting place if anyone would be interested .. unfortunately most of the commitee are brighton fans so im not allowed palace memoribillia on walls etc lol .. interesting banter this year though , im looking forward to a few pints off one or two of em..:D

Croydonbloke
25-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by moi
A mini bus does sound like a good idea, especially for evening games, when the trains dont run so late. Out of interest, how many people on the BBS live in the Crowborough area? Does East Grinstead count?

aadams
25-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Jarvis brook social club?

Trolley
25-07-2005, 04:57 PM
'Crowborough FC' enjoyed rather more success last season than our beloved club, having secured promotion to the top division of the 'Sussex County League' their second promotion in successive seasons.

Jolly well done to club stalwart 'Harry Smith' and his 'Management Team'.

:p

little dedders
25-07-2005, 05:45 PM
groombridge close enough?

barsteward
25-07-2005, 05:53 PM
groombridge is close enough for me ! :D

barsteward
25-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
'Crowborough FC' enjoyed rather more success last season than our beloved club, having secured promotion to the top division of the 'Sussex County League' their second promotion in successive seasons.

Jolly well done to club stalwart 'Harry Smith' and his 'Management Team'.

:p

they did do rather well , shame its not too well known amongst the local residents, but then again half of em dont know where the door is when i call time :o

little dedders
25-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by barsteward
groombridge is close enough for me ! :D

:D im in

eaglebertie
12-08-2005, 04:36 PM
hi ya andy its holysheet here as was many moons ago, like the idea of having a pint or 4,,,, im running an establishment in your very near vicinity now so a beer after the game is not a prob in fact first is free for anyone who walks into my place with a palace shirt on !

I will come up with me Palace shirt on every time then.