PDA

View Full Version : Inter Squad that has travelled:

macstar
25-07-2005, 04:35 PM
here goes:

Goalkepers: Julio Cesar, Bindi, Ciceri

Defenders: Favalli, Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Zé Maria , Wome, Arrieta, Bonucci, Giani, Fautario

Midfielders: Stankovic, Karagounis, Pizarro, Solari, Belaid, Maa Boumsong, Semenzato

Strikers: Choutos, Momentč, Martins.

NO Adriano, Coco, Zenetti, Van der Meyde, Toldo, Recoba, Davids, Kily Gonzalez or Veron:veryangry :veryangry

Bobby Woodruff
25-07-2005, 04:38 PM
I assume that Palace are paying Inter a fee (that's how this is normally done I think) I wonder if Jordan will be asking for a rebate based on this?

waddoneagle
25-07-2005, 04:40 PM
A lot of people have paid to see Inter Milan not there reserves.

macstar
25-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Martins, Solari, and Mihajlovic only decent players there.

Big Fella
25-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Thats a small squad for 4 games - maybe the others are flying over tomorrow......

....or maybe not!

BaldEagle96
25-07-2005, 04:43 PM
What a con!!!!

Shoreditch CPFC
25-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Sadly I'm not surprised. Presumably it was all the big time Charlies who were whinging about making the trip in the first place ?

Big Fella
25-07-2005, 04:45 PM
It's always been a dream of mine to watch stars such as Bindi, Fautario
and Choutos :D

forsells no1 fan
25-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Big Fella
Thats a small squad for 4 games - maybe the others are flying over tomorrow......

....or maybe not!

Wishfull thinking. I expected to see at least a few of the big guns if only even as subs!:grrr:

Balti Man
25-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by macstar

NO Adriano, Coco, Zenetti, Van der Meyde, Toldo, Recoba, Davids, Kily Gonzalez or Veron:veryangry :veryangryNO

:sob: Anyhow had a feeling this would happen..

Santos-er
25-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Inter reserves, Iran or Crewe?

Chris K
25-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Feel slightly cheated, but it was to be expected i guess. But its Inter Milan FFS, they're still bound to be a bit good.

we_8_brighton
25-07-2005, 04:51 PM

Stankovich is quality.

Mackenuff
25-07-2005, 04:51 PM
It is this very reason that I never part with my hard-earned cash for over-hyped pre-season friendlies. Honestly, they're dire affairs and I'm surprised anybody actually thought that Adriano & other aforementioned 'big guns' were ever really likely to turn up at Selhurst.

John C
25-07-2005, 04:53 PM
I know it should be a game that we palace fans are celebrating, but I feel now that I want to boo Milan everytime they touch the ball

weh8millwall
25-07-2005, 04:53 PM
According to BBC Adriano & Zanetti may well be flying out tomorrow for the other games.

Still, at least Over-Heavy Martins is there...that man is fast!

GanbareWashi
25-07-2005, 04:55 PM
I thought the game was all part of the Ventola deal ...

GanbareWashi
25-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Not that I can go anyway, I'm off to Budapest and Eger from Wednesday :)

tribe
25-07-2005, 05:09 PM
just stay away from the bull's blood :D

RDSdaEAGLE
25-07-2005, 05:12 PM
An Inter fan (Interjambo) has said that Adriano, Cambiaso and Zanetti will fly out tomorrow to join up with the rest of the squad.

25-07-2005, 05:12 PM
they are protecting there best players just incase of any bombs

they are sending under 19's over so if they die it wont effect there title chances

RDSdaEAGLE
25-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 007
they are protecting there best players just incase of any bombs

they are sending under 19's over so if they die it wont effect there title chances

Is that supposed to be funny? :confused: :hmph:

forsells no1 fan
25-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
An Inter fan (Interjambo) has said that Adriano, Cambiaso and Zanetti will fly out tomorrow to join up with the rest of the squad.

Hope so although this may be for the games they have after ourselves!

AJ8
25-07-2005, 05:20 PM
looking forward to watching Martins...

ollie_porter
25-07-2005, 05:28 PM
can anyone update me on the news of adriano and zaneti coming tomorow for the palace match??? you italian fans?

RDSdaEAGLE
25-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Martins is world class, a brilliant striker. We saw him against Reggina for the last 15 minutes and he was the best player all match. He didn't score but he breezes past players with so much ease.

macstar
25-07-2005, 05:29 PM

Lets hope so. Wanna see Adriano.:p

thewill
25-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Mackenuff
It is this very reason that I never part with my hard-earned cash for over-hyped pre-season friendlies. Honestly, they're dire affairs and I'm surprised anybody actually thought that Adriano & other aforementioned 'big guns' were ever really likely to turn up at Selhurst.

so true, its going to be a crap game, just like every other pre-season friendly palace are involved in.

Celestial Empire
25-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Seems that Kily Gonzalez isn't even interested in seeing Palace out of curiosity. I always thought that one didn't ring true (temperamental, fading Argy forward in dispute with his Italian club, spurns the soft option in sunny Spain, and looks for a new footy challenge in the Prem with Palace). :eek:

Latvian Eagle
25-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Goalkepers: Julio Cesar (Brazil international)

Defenders: Favalli, Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Zé Maria , Wome (All international players)

Midfielders: Stankovic, Karagounis, Pizarro, Solari (All International players)

Strikers: Choutos, Martins (International players).

They could have brought a far worse squad believe me. :eek:

chav_hater
25-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
They could have brought a far worse squad believe me. :eek:

Then again they could have brought a much better one

AJ
25-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Martins is world class, a brilliant striker. We saw him against Reggina for the last 15 minutes and he was the best player all match. He didn't score but he breezes past players with so much ease.

So should Hudson or Popovic mark(...chase) him then?

pete eagle
25-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Kick him, easier for everyone concerned.

cookie1981
25-07-2005, 06:58 PM
This is their starting line-up for thei game tonight against Leicester City

Inter Milan: Cesar, Wome, Stankovic, Momente, Pizarro, Choutos, Solari, Mihajlovic, Ze Maria, Karagounis, Materazzi (c).

Subs: Bindi, Arrieta, Giani, Fantario, Bonucci, Boumsong, Favalli, Belaid, Semenzato.

just got this from the inter website as to why the rest arnt over here

Monday, 25 July 2005 15:08:07

BRUNICO - The Nerazzurri who have remained in Brunico because of physical problems, to continue pre-season training and to honour the commitments made with the local organisers did a morning session on Monday.

Marco Andreolli, Fabian Carini and Cristian Kily González had therapy, while Andy van der Meyde eased his way back into training after suffering a muscular problem in the first few days of the pre-season.

Adriano, Esteban Cambiasso, Francesco Coco, Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, Julio Ricardo Cruz, Alvaro Recoba, Francesco Toldo, Juan Sebastian Veron and the two Zanettis did warm-up exercises, circuit training in the gym and on the pitch, and played some football-tennis in a session supervised by technical assistant Fausto Salsano and fitness trainer Giannicola Bisciotti.

Sussex Eagle
25-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm surprised that anyone thought the big names would be coming against their will.

Calder2
25-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Their top players on tour are playing tonight, bit worrying because i doubt they will play on Wednesday.

Sussex Eagle
25-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by chav_hater
Then again they could have brought a much better one

Hmmm, which Italian team is it that Latvian is mad on and normally has an avatar based on again? :confused: :hmph: ;)

Sussex Eagle
25-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by cookie1981
just got this from the inter website as to why the rest arnt over here

They've made it all clear now, just a random selection of players being used to honour the local arrangements innit? :moo:

GreatGonzo
25-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Funny, Simon Jordan comes out and states that if they have the same guts on the pitch as they did in deciding not to come it would not have been much of a game anyway.

IF we win this i would LOVE SJ to take a full page add in the Milan and Italian sports papers with the team made up of those who did not come with their faces on the heads of Chickens! :D Oh and the scoreline above - only works if Palace have won!

------------------Toldo----------------
Zanetti------Cordoba-------?------Coco
Van De Meyde--Davids--Veron--Gonzales
------------Adriano------Recoba-------

Can anyone fill in the gap with the stay away players, we need another CB.

Be interetsing to see how Inter and the players would react to that! :D

Richwak
25-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Mihajlovic is an absolute discrace, this guy is a nazi, he has no good intention in a match, the way he spat in Mutus face in the champions league was sick... i hope he does not play!

Latvian Eagle
25-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Pipe down pal!!! :rolleyes:

Richwak
25-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo

------------------Toldo----------------
Zanetti----Cordoba-----Burdisso-----Coco
Van De Meyde--Davids--Veron--Gonzales
------------Adriano------Recoba-------

Can anyone fill in the gap with the stay away players, we need another CB.

Be interetsing to see how Inter and the players would react to that! :D

[/B]
Burdisso is good, he hasnt made the trip i dont think, would fit the centre back position

Latvian Eagle
25-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Burdisso is a big let down for Inter!!!

Looking to get rid of him! I am a little :( J. Zanetti isn't playing. He's one of my favourite outfield players, and a true professional in the modern world, not just football.

Richwak
25-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Burdisso is a big let down for Inter!!!

Looking to get rid of him! I am a little :( J. Zanetti isn't playing. He's one of my favourite outfield players, and a true professional in the modern world, not just football.

dont him and his wife own a orphanage or sumthing along those lines??? i heard he is a true good bloke and does loads for charity

Latvian Eagle
25-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Yes that is true. He has his own charity I believe! Really top top guy.

I remember in the match vs Mexico in the Confed Cup the commentator was saying how tired all the players on both sides looked except for Zanetti who was still running the full length of the pitch like an 18 year old even near the end of extra time. :D

Burdisso isn't a part of the Inter squad at the moment I don't think. I believe the club gave him compassionate time to spend in Argentina. I think his wife wants to move back there with their family, and he wasn't in the right mind to play. There was talk of laning him back to Boca for a season jsut to sort the situation.

Stevecpfc767
25-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Well they beat Leicester 2-1!

Latvian Eagle
25-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I'd imagine if they put out a "full strength" team first half it will be...

Julio Cesar
Ze Maria-Mihajlovic-Materazzi-Wome
Karagounis-Stankovic-Pizarro-Solari
Choutos-Martins.

Not a bad team, but 5 of them probably wouldn't start on a regular basis. Those being Julio Cesar (but you never know with Toldo's form the last two seasons), Ze Maria, one of Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Karagouis and Choutos.

Phil O'Sophical
25-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by weh8millwall
According to BBC Adriano & Zanetti may well be flying out tomorrow for the other games.

Still, at least Over-Heavy Martins is there...that man is fast!

Inter Manager, Roberto Mancini has confirmed tonight that four more players are arriving tomorrow so maybe the rumour that the big guns are still to arrive is true. He's also suggesting that some of them chose to stay in Milan and might still fly over, but presumably too late for us.

RM quote from Inter.it

"Four more Nerazzurri players are due to arrive in England for the continuation of the four-match tour. "We'll make a few more changes, but in any case I have a good squad that I can work well with," continued Mancini. "Others will arrive tomorrow, and let's hope that those who remained at home change idea and join us after hearing the nostalgia of their teammates."

RDSdaEAGLE
25-07-2005, 10:38 PM
I would be kind of dissapointed if more players didn't come over. Not so much with Inter, but the fact that the club has marketed the event on the fact that the game will include some big stars.

limited_edition
25-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Richwak
Mihajlovic is an absolute discrace, this guy is a nazi, he has no good intention in a match, the way he spat in Mutus face in the champions league was sick... i hope he does not play! He's also got a crap haircut and is a hasbeen of a footballer. The only redeeming quality he's got is his free kick taking, but I dunno if he's as good at those anymore.

Latvian Eagle
25-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
He's also got a crap haircut and is a hasbeen of a footballer. The only redeeming quality he's got is his free kick taking, but I dunno if he's as good at those anymore.

He scored a few beauts last season believe me. ;)

WorthingEagle
25-07-2005, 10:43 PM
The only redeeming quality he's got is his free kick taking, but I dunno if he's as good at those anymore.

Here come a hat-trick of Mihajlovic free-kicks :(

RDSdaEAGLE
25-07-2005, 10:44 PM
He's also got a crap haircut and is a hasbeen of a footballer. The only redeeming quality he's got is his free kick taking, but I dunno if he's as good at those anymore.

He is, free-kicks are still quite lethal. His attitude stinks, but he's still a very capable player, slowly moving from midfield at Lazio to being a sweeper (at least that's what he was when we saw him).

If it wasn't for his atittude and political stance, I would love to see a player of his calibre play for Palace.

GreatGonzo
25-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Well i always said Adriano was over-rated so we really aren't missing out that much! :D

RDSdaEAGLE
25-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Well i always said Adriano was over-rated so we really aren't missing out that much! :D

Yes, but you're an idiot :D :love:

InterFan
25-07-2005, 11:07 PM

Stankovic is a very good player, proberly the best Serbian player around, Pizzaro was brought from Undinese for 15mil and is extreamy good, Wome is a Camaroon NT player, Karagounous is a Greek Euro winner who is Alot better then lakis and Cesar was rated as the best Keeper playing in South America and is the mostly likey the future keeper for Brasil

GreatGonzo
25-07-2005, 11:26 PM
2 very lax bits of defending, not picking up men etc etc gifted Inter their goals tonight. leicester got their goal by the softest penalty you will ever see. If that ref had done all our games last season AJ would have got into treble figures! :eek:

A tighter defence which we should have would mean we should be able to seriously compete with teh Inter side from tonight. I think they will need a couple of new better players if they want to beat us!

bkcbongo
25-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I would be kind of dissapointed if more players didn't come over. Not so much with Inter, but the fact that the club has marketed the event on the fact that the game will include some big stars.

What club doesnt do that though? When we played Woking preseason last year, the club sold that to Woking as a near full team, and then sent out the kids. A lot of the Woking management, and fans, were very dissapointed that no-one they'd heard of had come.

This is the same thing! No-one should be surprised by either; but sometimes you allow yourself to believe the improbable if its appealing enough.

(OK, its not exactly the same thing! but you know what I mean)

Kirby
26-07-2005, 12:58 AM

To be fair I doubt Palace envisiged any terrorist attacks on London a few weeks before this game.

strawberry mivi
26-07-2005, 07:39 AM
we are expecting sorondo to appear are we, at least in the stands?
any chance ventola as well?
who would they support?

JJ
26-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by waddoneagle

Personally I paid to see Palace. The opposition are largely irrelevant to me.

brookesie
26-07-2005, 07:52 AM
It says on the Palace website that Adriano, Zanetti and Cambiasso are coming in the next 24 hours, I hope!!

Adriano is World class!!

Velocity
26-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Kirby
To be fair I doubt Palace envisiged any terrorist attacks on London a few weeks before this game.

They did the same thing for the Steve Kember testimonial too though..

fwied wice
26-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by brookesie
It says on the Palace website that Adriano, Zanetti and Cambiasso are coming in the next 24 hours, I hope!!

Fingers crossed!

Kind of takes the edge off playing them if their best players aren't there.

kestoneagle
26-07-2005, 08:44 AM
We should retaliate and play Andrews!

Oddjob
26-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by kestoneagle
We should retaliate and play Andrews!

Lets not get carried away, they dont deserve that

davematt
26-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by fwied wice
Fingers crossed!

Kind of takes the edge off playing them if their best players aren't there.

Agree. I would like to think that after we took two players off them that they were desperate to offload, one being a cripple, that they may give us the chance to see their top players.

Latvian Eagle
26-07-2005, 09:12 AM

Defintely been ripped off then as they don't even have Reserve teams in Italy! ;)

fwied wice
26-07-2005, 09:25 AM

Defintely been ripped off then

Ł5?? Cant really complain

Jimbo ?
26-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Its a shame, not going but with that team you cant help but feel your missing out on the real milan team.

€pfc
26-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JJ
Personally I paid to see Palace. The opposition are largely irrelevant to me.

:p :p :p :p

Kirby
26-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Velocity
They did the same thing for the Steve Kember testimonial too though..

True.

Kirby
26-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
Its a shame, not going but with that team you cant help but feel your missing out on the real milan team.

That's cos we're playing Inter :clown:

Chris K
26-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by brookesie
It says on the Palace website that Adriano, Zanetti and Cambiasso are coming in the next 24

Good, as then we can say we beat there first XI :o

Bluewater eagle
26-07-2005, 01:10 PM
according to one of todays papers Veron, Davids and one other cited that it was because of the bombings that they wont be coming,
tossers:veryangry

ollie_porter
26-07-2005, 01:20 PM
according to papers/bbc etc, adriano, zanetti, cambiasso and one other are joinging the squad to play PALACE

griggs
26-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Private jet has just landed at Biggin Hill from Italy

Kirby
26-07-2005, 03:12 PM
I'd love it if Adriano played. We'd probably get pasted though.

Kirby
26-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Actually if they play anything like they did when we saw them in May, we'll have no problems. Don't fancy Martins up against Hudson or Popovic though.

Lone Eagle
26-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Looks like we will be facing Adriano then!

INTER SQUAD FOR CRYSTAL PALACE MATCH
Tuesday, 26 July 2005 17:27:58
WATFORD - With the arrival of Javier Zanetti, Adriano, Obafemi Martins and Esteban Cambiasso today, Roberto Mancini now has fifteen first team players in England for the continuation of the club's four-match tour, which began last night with a 2-1 victory over Leicester City.

The Nerazzurri coach is without Andy van der Meyde, Marco Andreolli, Alvaro Recoba, Cristian Kily González and Fabian Carini for Wednesday's Crystal Palace friendly as all five players are nursing injuries at the pre-season training camp in Riscone di Brunico.

INTER: Julio Cesar, Favalli, Materazzi, Mihajlovic, J. Zanetti , Zé Maria , Wome, Stankovic, Karagounis, Cambiasso, Pizarro, Solari, Adriano, Martins, Choutos

Inter academy players: Bindi, Ciceri, Belaid, Maa Boumsong, Semenzato, Momentč, Bonucci, Giani, Fautario, Arrieta

Inter.it

Funk Butter
26-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Its gonna be a 6-1 drubbing. Not sure which team will win, though. ;)