PDA

View Full Version : Getting Pretty Excited Now...

richdeniro
26-07-2005, 11:12 PM
After the summer break I am getting really excited about the game now, the first game back from a bit of a break is a bit like looking forward to Christmas.

The fact that this is the clubs centenery show piece and that we are seeing probably one of the biggest ever sides many of us have ever seen grace Selhurst just adds to the occasion and I'm looking forward to this friendly as though its a big league match. "News Tonight" (http://www.foxes-online.co.uk/site/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=195)that Obafemi Martins, Adriano, Javier Zanetti and Esteban Cambiasso are due to join the tour squad has just got me even more excited.

100 legendary years and heres to another 100 :p

Up the Palace!

RDSdaEAGLE
26-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Indeedy Rich...I can't wait either.

Inter have confirmed that Adriano, Cambiasso and Zanetti have joined the squad for tomorrow's game! :lux:

macstar
26-07-2005, 11:26 PM
EAGLES!!!!

MATTY THE EAGLE
26-07-2005, 11:31 PM
100 Years of History, and we are yet to win a major honour, why oh why does this football club always shoot itself in the foot.

100 Years, And we've won all

Jasper
26-07-2005, 11:39 PM
The ZDS cup is bigger than the champions league in my opinion.

Good stuff about Adriano, Cambiasso and Zanetti etc. Should be a good game tomorrow.

RDSdaEAGLE
26-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
100 Years of History, and we are yet to win a major honour, why oh why does this football club always shoot itself in the foot.

There are quite a few other clubs who've got exactly the same problem.

What I think is 100 years, and still alive, still proud, still kicking, still ready to f*ck another teams season up, still ready to win 5-0 against our biggest rivals, still ready to accept defeats however crushing they are, still mental when we score a goal, still part of my life, still part of everyone elses life, still a family, still a church, still a win against the Champions League winners, still humiliating relegation at Charlton, still here. STILL PALACE :lux:

Better than being a Man Utd "fan" or a Chelsea "fan" any day.

MATTY THE EAGLE
26-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Crystal Palace are one of the halfway houses of the English game, there pretensions are towards being a big club in the top flight, the outcome is normally a season there with another couple of seasons spent getting back there. The gates are to big for the football league to keep them for too long, but not big enough to cope with the established premiership clubs.

From Stevey Claridge book, prob the best desciption i have ever seen about CPFC.

RDSdaEAGLE
26-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Success can be equally as boring though mate, I'd rather have success mixed with failure...because that way you really know how good success feels.

MATTY THE EAGLE
27-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Success can be equally as boring though mate, I'd rather have success mixed with failure...because that way you really know how good success feels.

Tis true, but we have had loadsa of failure just a little bit of succes would do, even just winning the league cup and playing in europe, I want to see Palace play in a proper european competition sometime in my lifetime at least!

boxing francis
27-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I wouldnt change Palace for the world, I remember a thread debating that we are better of as an established mid-table Premiership club like Charlton or Spurs but I would hate the day that Palace become boring. Thats the thing about this club, there are hardly ever any dull moments.

Lion
27-07-2005, 07:13 AM
If you want to watch a team playing on Europe go watch Chelsea. I'd much rather Palace was just the way it was - the things that go with being a sucess are less to be desired. High ticket prices, season ticket waiting list, more "glory" hunting fans, more premadonas, the list could go on. Give me my Palace any day.

Wish I was there tonight :(

richdeniro
27-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Cant wait now... I'm gonna buy a new palace t-shirt to wear... Hopefully the one with the B N P fist and the immortal quote 'Who Are Ya!?'

Buglebob
27-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by boxing francis
I wouldnt change Palace for the world, I would hate the day that Palace become boring.
We may have to put up with a boring season next year while we establish ourselves in the Premier, but it should be back to normal the following season when we start challenging for the title. :p

"NURSE, MORE MEDICATION"

JohnA
27-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I am jealous - I am in Ireland
But I feel warm & fuzzy about the credit card statement I just paid - it included season ticket

c_block_lad
27-07-2005, 12:38 PM
I am looking forward to tonight. Should be alright to see some half decent world "superstars" but I;ll be more intrested in Macken, Ward & McAnuff than Adriano, Cambiasso and Zanetti.

Where is Veron BTW?

smileysmith
27-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
I am looking forward to tonight. Should be alright to see some half decent world "superstars" but I'll be more interested in Macken, Ward & McAnuff than Adriano, Cambiasso and Zanetti. Agreed. Can't feckin' wait!! :p

RDSdaEAGLE
27-07-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't think he was fit to travel, so he's stayed back in Italy.

c_block_lad
27-07-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't think he was fit to travel, so he's stayed back in Italy.

Shame. Would have been nice to abuse the ex-Chelsea/Manc Scum lad.

:o

eagles #1
27-07-2005, 02:02 PM
EEEEEEEEEAAAAAGLESSSSSSSSSSS

Riccardo
27-07-2005, 02:06 PM

Go and support Chelski then if you are only after glory.

c_block_lad
27-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Riccardo
Go and support Chelski then if you are only after glory.

All my family Palace, Live 3 stops from Selhurst on trian, dragged down the terraces before I could even walk and your telling me to im not real Palace.

PRICK

Scroatey
27-07-2005, 02:40 PM
What I think is 100 years, and still alive, still proud, still kicking, still ready to f*ck another teams season up, still ready to win 5-0 against our biggest rivals, still ready to accept defeats however crushing they are, still mental when we score a goal, still part of my life, still part of everyone elses life, still a family, still a church, still a win against the Champions League winners, still humiliating relegation at Charlton, still here. STILL PALACE :lux:Brilliant post :p

eagles #1
27-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
All my family Palace, Live 3 stops from Selhurst on trian, dragged down the terraces before I could even walk and your telling me to im not real Palace.

PRICK (Errm, he quoted Matty, not you.)

Croydonbloke
27-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Waited for this occasion for years and really excited about being there to see Palace`s Centenary.

How proud will we all be tonight.

EAGLESSSSSSS!!

Croydonbloke
27-07-2005, 02:58 PM

100 Years, And we've won all But never boring at Palace. You could be a Southend fan or someone of that nature.