PDA

View Full Version : Four Players Join Squad In England

DavidP
27-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I have just found this on the Inter website and i must say its good news!!

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=19472&L=en

:p :p :p

TheCharmer
27-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Adriano against Poppo that will be interesting

GreatGonzo
27-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Adriano is completely over-rated - stick tight to him to nullify him in the air and always show him onto his right foot and he is going to do nothing!

zonin2000
27-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Adriano is completely over-rated - stick tight to him to nullify him in the air and always show him onto his right foot and he is going to do nothing!
Stop talking shite.

eagles #1
27-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Adriano is completely over-rated - stick tight to him to nullify him in the air and always show him onto his right foot and he is going to do nothing! After seeing him tonight i disagree.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
27-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Adriano is completely over-rated - stick tight to him to nullify him in the air and always show him onto his right foot and he is going to do nothing! Brilliant.

El D
27-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Looked pretty good to me.

Velocity
27-07-2005, 10:48 PM

hahahaha

cpfcinprem
27-07-2005, 11:54 PM

You sir, are a comedian!

cpfcinprem
27-07-2005, 11:54 PM

You sir, are a comedian!

whoops, double post

RickyB
27-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Adriano is completely over-rated - stick tight to him to nullify him in the air and always show him onto his right foot and he is going to do nothing! :p :clown:

RickyB
27-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Hammered Gonzo! :D

GreatGonzo
27-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Really? How much did he do tonight?

Hall and Ward stayed very tight to him, he had 1 shot at goal that was worth anything which Kiraly fisted away.

If that is one of the best 3 players in the world as i have been told by so many people - sorry i am not impressed. Good player yes -great player - no.

On that side tonight i would have had 2 or 3 of his team mates ahead of him, including his strike partner Martins!

RickyB
28-07-2005, 12:03 AM
He didn't really need to do much - it's a friendly! But with all the nice touches, skill and awareness...

RickyB
28-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Good player yes -great player - no.
?!

C'mon! :)

RDSdaEAGLE
28-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Mark, the bloke didn't even have to try and still managed to walk through our team on occasions. He is world class.

GreatGonzo
28-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Yup of course you are all correct the goals he scored tonight are testement to that fact - oh he didn't score.

Well at least he set a few up! - he didn't do that either? Oh

My comments at the beginning were if you stick tight to him and try to force him onto his right foot, he is not actually THAT dangerous. On the whole Hall and Ward did this and he actually wasn't that dangerous. He NEVER walked through our defence otherwise his name would be on the scoresheet! I agree he has great close control but we put the tackles in and defended in numbers, and we nullified every threat.

Ronaldinho, Henry, etc etc have a lot more in their locker and IMHO would have scored tonight!

RDSdaEAGLE
28-07-2005, 12:26 AM
This was a friendly. Adriano's first game of the new season. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that he won't be up and running fully until a few weeks time, added to this that it wasn't a competetive match, and I doubt we saw even half the player that he can be.

However, he has the ability to become a truely world class striker. Heck, if you force the likes of Shevchenko onto his left foot, more often than not the threat will be nulified. Its the fact that when they're on their best foot, that they are so lethal, that makes them world class. And its because Shevchenko (and Adriano) have the ability to score goals, that they are playing for teams like AC and Inter.

Also, Adriano spent a hefty chunk of last season out injured, so to quote his statistics as proof of not being world class is rather futile. His statistics are however quite impressive, especially his return of 10 goals in European matches. Not bad. At all.

GreatGonzo
28-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
This was a friendly. Adriano's first game of the new season. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that he won't be up and running fully until a few weeks time, added to this that it wasn't a competetive match, and I doubt we saw even half the player that he can be.
No but there was a lot of everything i have seen on TV there tonight, i think palace defended VERY well against him. It is very early for him i agree.

However, he has the ability to become a truely world class striker. Heck, if you force the likes of Shevchenko onto his left foot, more often than not the threat will be nulified. Its the fact that when they're on their best foot, that they are so lethal, that makes them world class. And its because Shevchenko (and Adriano) have the ability to score goals, that they are playing for teams like AC and Inter.

Robbie Keane played for Inter Milan! ;) I do not think he is a bad player, he has a lot of potential, but shevchenko can hit with both feet, one great one ok, Adriano has NO right foot. We saw what his left foot is like tonight, just think that to be truely world class you can't be as one footed as he is.

Also, Adriano spent a hefty chunk of last season out injured, so to quote his statistics as proof of not being world class is rather futile. His statistics are however quite impressive, especially his return of 10 goals in European matches. Not bad. At all.

Always think European figues are subject to doubt and depends against which opposition, at league level he was someway down the list of top scorers and almost 10 goals off the top spot. Just do not think he is the footballing master so many do.

GreatGonzo
28-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Oh and on the original topic.......

The 4 players added were i thought 4 of the best on the pitch.

nelson alfie
28-07-2005, 07:27 AM

Fair play for having an opinion and fair play for sticking to it later on in the thread.

I happen to disagree 100%. Even at cruising speed I thought he looked an outstanding player.

st albans
28-07-2005, 07:38 AM
The 4 players added were i thought 4 of the best on the pitch.

so you said adriano didn;t have a good game and then say he was one of the best 4 on the pitch

GreatGonzo
28-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by st albans
so you said adriano didn;t have a good game and then say he was one of the best 4 on the pitch

Please show me where i said he didn't have a good game!

I said he is over-rated!

To be conference class you take that as somneone who should plkay in the conference, premiership class should play in the premiership etc etc.

Sure then to be world class yoou should be playing in a world XI, he doesn't make my world XI or my 2nd XI so therefore i do not believe he is world class. Good yes but not an all time great like so many have said to me!

Beanie
28-07-2005, 02:08 PM
If that is one of the best 3 players in the world as i have been told by so many people - sorry i am not impressed. Good player yes -great player - no.
One of the worlds best three? No I'd agree with that, but still a great player on last nights pre-season showing. One occasion when he got off a reasonable - if comfortably saved - shot with his wrong foot whilst holding off Hall, Ward and Boyce showed both his ability and touch plus considerable strength.

Beanie
28-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Please show me where i said he didn't have a good game!

I said he is over-rated!

To be conference class you take that as somneone who should plkay in the conference, premiership class should play in the premiership etc etc.

Sure then to be world class yoou should be playing in a world XI, he doesn't make my world XI or my 2nd XI so therefore i do not believe he is world class. Good yes but not an all time great like so many have said to me!
Surely by your agruement a "World class" player would make one of the worlds top 20 teams. Using your yard stick there are 22 teams of "conference class" player and 20 teams of "Premeirship class".

Icy
28-07-2005, 02:18 PM

My comments at the beginning were if you stick tight to him and try to force him onto his right foot, he is not actually THAT dangerous.

For someone that supposedly we should be forcing onto his right foot he sure did spend a lot of his time helping us and playing out wide on the right, where he seemed to drift past our players with ease.

Either Hall and Ward are both genius in positioning or he's actually happy as on his right foot!

:p

GreatGonzo
28-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Surely by your agruement a "World class" player would make one of the worlds top 20 teams. Using your yard stick there are 22 teams of "conference class" player and 20 teams of "Premeirship class".

Eropean class - which he is, and he is international class without a doubt. But world class is a term which is used a lot like 'legend' far too often about far too many people. You are suggesting we have 250 world class players - i am suggesting we have 25.

dave_who_ru
28-07-2005, 02:32 PM
As far as I'm concerned the 10 I spent buying a ticket was repaid in full by just having him on the pitch.

I'm sure he had a piece of string attached to that ball a couple of times. As far as I'm concerned he put in a better display of talent in a friendly than Rooney for Man Utd last season.

Star man and happy to sign autographs for lots of people as he headed towards the dressing room.

GreatGonzo
28-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by dave_who_ru
As far as I'm concerned he put in a better display of talent in a friendly than Rooney for Man Utd last season.

Yup would agree with you fully as Rooney is not world class either.

Would you say Adriano put in a better performance that Henry did last season? (a player who i do class as 'world class' and makes it into my top 4 strikers in the world!)

cpfc_spc1982
28-07-2005, 02:36 PM
without a doubt one of the best strikers in the world. the way he shields the ball is awesome.
very glad to have seen him play live.