PDA

View Full Version : Palace are after.....


Dartford Lad
17-08-2005, 10:24 AM
......3 Charlton players.

1 Midfielder and 2 Forwards.

The midfielder is Bryan Hughes. One of the Forwards is either Bartlett or Johansson. Couldn't find out who the other was but its not one of Bartlett/Johannson, Frannie Jeffers or Darren Bent (Obviously).

Palace were offered Morrison but he didn't really want to come back as he was worried about being in AJ's shadow and Palace weren't really keen on having him back. I'm told he will join Norwich if they sell Dean Ashton to Wigan. Wigan definitely did bid 7.5m for Ashton so its just a case of if Norwich accept.

Benzhiyi
17-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Interesting - we bid for Johansson a couple of years back. Wonder if it's him.

macstar
17-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Bryan Hughes - decent player...an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER WAHOO!!!!

Don't want Bartlett or Johannsson.

Chris K
17-08-2005, 10:28 AM
ignore what i put originally

Dartford Lad
17-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Interesting - we bid for Johansson a couple of years back. Wonder if it's him.

I think it is him but couldn't get a definite answer from the person who told me!

Hughes would be a good signing if we got him.

Reps AJ
17-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Interesting - we bid for Johansson a couple of years back. Wonder if it's him.

I'm sure we also bid for Bartlett before he joined Charlton

boxing francis
17-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Wouldnt say no to Hughes, the Charlton fans rate him quite highly.

Batman
17-08-2005, 10:30 AM
don't want either of those two strikers personally

davematt
17-08-2005, 10:31 AM
The other one must be Lisbie....or Jeffers!:sob:

RDSdaEAGLE
17-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Kevin Lisbie as the other forward perhaps?

Neil 154
17-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Having 2 Hughes in midfield would confuse the hell out of commentators.

GreatGonzo
17-08-2005, 10:34 AM
No thanks to Johanson, Bartlett or Hughes.


They will add depth but not really any extra quality.

Dartford Lad
17-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
No thanks to Johanson, Bartlett or Hughes.


They will add depth but not really any extra quality.

Hughes is a decent Championship player though and chips in with a few goals.
There are many better alternatives at the moment sadly...

The Vicar
17-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Bryan Hughes is 29, and only played in a few Prem matches for Charlton last season.

It would make sense for him to want a move...how many more seasons does he have left? 3 or 4? He needs to find a club where he will play on a regular basis.

I haven't seen enough of him to form my own opinion about whether he might be what we need, but whenever we are looking seriously at midfielders with some quality I give it a thumbs up.

Didn't our friend Trevor Francis buy this guy from Wrexham for Brum a while back? And why hasn't Hughes figured much for Charlton?

GreatGonzo
17-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by boxing francis
Wouldnt say no to Hughes, the Charlton fans rate him quite highly.

1 goal in 18 appearances woouldn't impress me for an attacking midfielder. Thought he was more of a busstling midfielder myself.

Dartford Lad
17-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I should just add that we have only enquired about these players and it doesn't mean we will definitely be buying them!

davematt
17-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Kevin Lisbie as the other forward perhaps?

I beat you to it!:D

It must be Lisbie, but he is cack!

Planet Palace
17-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I heard that they will let Matt Holland go as they don't think he is up to it. Now he would be good for us.

Dave
17-08-2005, 10:45 AM
We were in for Bartlett before but I suspect it is Johansson.

Thanks for the heads up again DL :)

Webb
17-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Planet Palace
I heard that they will let Matt Holland go as they don't think he is up to it. Now he would be good for us.

Their captain and best midfielder? Come off it.

Dartford Lad
17-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Planet Palace
I heard that they will let Matt Holland go as they don't think he is up to it. Now he would be good for us.

I will try and get the lowdown on Matt Holland when I get a chance. :cool:

PhilD
17-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
Palace were offered Morrison...I'm told he will join Norwich if they sell Dean Ashton to Wigan. Wigan definitely did bid 7.5m for Ashton so its just a case of if Norwich accept.

This had occurred to me but I'd hate to see Clinton end up there. Whilst I'd love to see him back at Palace I feel it's probably a bit unlikely when we've only just shelled out a substantial fee for Macken.

Bryan Hughes is a player I've always rated highly (and gone on about on here in the past) so I'd be quite pleased if we signed him. He's a better player than Langley imvho and has the ability to hit 10 goals from midfield in a season. I don't think any of the Charlton reserve forwards are worth getting excited about though and if we signed JJ, Lisbie or Bartlett I'd be a bit disappointed. Euell is the only one I'm keen on and I would imagine he'd be too expensive for us now.

RDSdaEAGLE
17-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
No thanks to Johanson, Bartlett or Hughes.


They will add depth but not really any extra quality.

Hughes is a better passer of the ball than Watson or Michael Hughes. And its not just goals that we want to look at, its his creativity, which again, is better than Watsons.

Planet Palace
17-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Their captain and best midfielder? Come off it.

Indeed. and Irish international as well. You hear it hear first!

Number Six
17-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
1 goal in 18 appearances woouldn't impress me for an attacking midfielder. Thought he was more of a busstling midfielder myself.


Hmmm, and who was that one goal against:grrr:

KevTheOptimist
17-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Has anyone mentioned, source?

Sorry DL if you are a trusted source!

Lords Eagle
17-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Neil 154
Having 2 Hughes in midfield would confuse the hell out of commentators.

Or would that be confhughes!

LLCOOLSTEVE
17-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Tbh I dont think any of them would add much to the squad :(

Dartford Lad
17-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by KevTheOptimist
Has anyone mentioned, source?

Sorry DL if you are a trusted source!

I'm not sure how trusted I will be if we don't sign any of these players as my last couple of rumours have come to nothing! :p

My source is a Charlton official.

3rd_Lion
17-08-2005, 11:11 AM
id be happy with barlett...good in the air!

Neil
17-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
My source is a Charlton official.

Tea lady?

:D

CPFC Ollie
17-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Lords Eagle
Or would that be confhughes!

:p

I like Hughes but Dowie likes his youngsters and i doubt that he would get regular football. I doubt he would be anything more than what we already have imho.
Please, please dont let us sign any of thier strikers thier all cack!!(apart from Bent)

GreatGonzo
17-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CPFC Ollie
:p

I like Hughes but Dowie likes his youngsters and i doubt that he would get regular football. I doubt he would be anything more than what we already have imho.
Please, please dont let us sign any of thier strikers thier all cack!!(apart from Bent)

That is because Watson at 20 has the chance to improve, Hughes at 29 is unlikely to.

He did play at the weekend, an 88th minute substitute!

Justy C
17-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Got to say that I think Bryan Hughes would be a great signing for us and would give us some much needed creativity in midfield. Can't believe he's 29 now, I thought he was early to mid 20s!

Stevecpfc767
17-08-2005, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't mind Bryan Hughes at SP!

Chickereagle
17-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Bryan Hughes:

Height: 5'9

Weight: 10st 0lbs

Date of Birth: 19/06/1976 (Liverpool)

st albans
17-08-2005, 11:49 AM
bryan hughes - yes
jeffers - yes
euell - yes

any of the others no no no

GreatGonzo
17-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Justy C
Got to say that I think Bryan Hughes would be a great signing for us and would give us some much needed creativity in midfield. Can't believe he's 29 now, I thought he was early to mid 20s!

That may be because ove rthe past few years everyone still says he has potential but he has never done it consistently. Only been at Charlton a year and they want rid!

Addick1
17-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad

My source is a Charlton official.

A big fat grey haired Charlton official.


Shame its not him being transferred.

As an indication to you, Hughes has never managed to get himself a settled run in the side, but i think given a chance he could do a decent job for a bottom half prem side.

Bartlett is better from what we have seen last couple of years. has suffered from really poor service. With decent wide men would score goals at any level.
Johansson has the ability but just doesn't seem to have enough fire in his belly to make it at the top level.
Holland was poor for us last season, we had to reshape the side to carry him. Was meant to have been carrying niggles through much of the season. Has come back looking fitter and more influential this pre-season, but i think Curbs had already made his mind to go with something else.
Lisbie is frustration personified. Has all the skill and pace to be world class, just finishing lets him down. A handful for defenders though, and gets a lot of unwarrented stick. A confidence player, after a drop down the league he could prove to be a real steal.

MAX
17-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Definitely close to signing Bartlett under Alan Smith.Clowns nicked him at last minute

m355y
17-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Of Charlton's fringe players I'd take Euell, Bartlett and Hughes like a shot. Hughes is good, known as a bit of a cup specialist because I guess he hasn't played much in the league; but looked good when I saw him for Birmingham. Euell, everyone knows what he can do, Bartlett is surprisingly old but a good finisher, powerful, good in the air and would probably score bagfuls in the CCC. Sure he was linked to an Ipswich move recently too, though.

Dartford Lad
17-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Addick1
A big fat grey haired Charlton official.


Shame its not him being transferred.

As an indication to you, Hughes has never managed to get himself a settled run in the side, but i think given a chance he could do a decent job for a bottom half prem side.

Bartlett is better from what we have seen last couple of years. has suffered from really poor service. With decent wide men would score goals at any level.
Johansson has the ability but just doesn't seem to have enough fire in his belly to make it at the top level.
Holland was poor for us last season, we had to reshape the side to carry him. Was meant to have been carrying niggles through much of the season. Has come back looking fitter and more influential this pre-season, but i think Curbs had already made his mind to go with something else.
Lisbie is frustration personified. Has all the skill and pace to be world class, just finishing lets him down. A handful for defenders though, and gets a lot of unwarrented stick. A confidence player, after a drop down the league he could prove to be a real steal.


Out of interest what have Charlton fans got against Mervyn Day anyway?! Why single him out and not Peacock or Curbs?
All four of the players you have mentioned would do a job in this league although I think we could do better than Lisbie. Wouldn't mind Bartlett or Johansson but they don't really capture the imagination to much. :)

kestoneagle
17-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Clearly the most important question is what are these players like on Championship Manager?

Raoul Duke
17-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the tip Dartford Lad. I'm not surprised that Charlton are looking to lose some players when you look at the amount of players that Curbishley has brought in and has been quoted as wanting to bring more players in.

RDSdaEAGLE
17-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Addick1

Lisbie is frustration personified. Has all the skill and pace to be world class, just finishing lets him down. A handful for defenders though, and gets a lot of unwarrented stick. A confidence player, after a drop down the league he could prove to be a real steal.

...a bit like a certain Mr Johnson that joined us from Birmingham.

I remember Birmingham City fans saying that he had loads of pace, but just no clue infront of goal.

Oh how we laughed when he scored 22 goals last season :D :lux:

230Pawsons
17-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Good to see that the muppets are already trimming their wage bill before their relegation season really gets underway.

I'd say NO to them all, with the possible exception of Jeffers, he has shown by his performances that he hates the clowns as much as I do.

Can't wait for the 'We don't hate them' or the 'We should aspire' responses....Bring 'em on...I'm bored.

Raoul Duke
17-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by 230Pawsons
Good to see that the muppets are already trimming their wage bill before their relegation season really gets underway.

I'd say NO to them all, with the possible exception of Jeffers, he has shown by his performances that he hates the clowns as much as I do.

Can't wait for the 'We don't hate them' or the 'We should aspire' responses....Bring 'em on...I'm bored.

I'm sorry to hear that you are bored but there are plenty of worse teams than Charlton in the Premier League. They may go down but I'd be very surprised (and pleased).

zonin2000
17-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Addick1
Lisbie is frustration personified. Has all the skill and pace to be world class, just finishing lets him down. A handful for defenders though, and gets a lot of unwarrented stick. A confidence player
Bit like AJ a couple of years ago.

Axie
17-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Mentioned on TalkSport about Marcus Bent possibly going to Charlton, so they might be looking to offload a forward.

sydnsteve
17-08-2005, 12:41 PM
230 Pawsons, you hate who you like mate. I like Charlton and always have. Can't see any possibility that they will be relegated. I think it is very sad that so many of their fans hate Palace, especially as very few of their current supporters can have had anything to do with the club when it was at Selhurst, and anything RN did to them he did worse to us, but that's their problem.

Will S
17-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Should go through quite quickly I'd imagine given the cordial relations between our chairman and their board...

Del Gland
17-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Considering our recent corner count, anyone that can head a ball would be nice!!

cpfc_spc1982
17-08-2005, 12:57 PM
bartlett and hughes could do good jobs.

ZOHAR
17-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Two Hughes's in midfield - ooh that could get tricky :o

GreatGonzo
17-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Are we sure their players aren't morons? :D

elliott
17-08-2005, 01:12 PM
my friend is bryan hughes's best friend

Son of Ron
17-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Axie
Mentioned on TalkSport about Marcus Bent possibly going to Charlton, so they might be looking to offload a forward.

thought it would be Brighton who would be trying to amass all the Bent players.

Swindle
17-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Yes Del Gland is right. 16 corners against Naarch, 12 against Wolves, 6 against Luton and not a goal to show from any of them although, we are managing to get them over the near-post defender this season.

Neil 154
17-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by elliott
my friend is bryan hughes's best friend

You'll provide all the 'insider' info I trust?

Gazz
17-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Wasnt johnson'a goal against luton from a knockdown from a corner? But yeh i agree with the general concern about corners. The players mentioned could be good buys if we get them but i guess we'll just have to see.

Clapham Grand
17-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Hughes is quality - would be a great signing. Those of you who think Jeffers would be a good signing must be on the drinks early today!

GreatGonzo
17-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Gazz
Wasnt johnson'a goal against luton from a knockdown from a corner? But yeh i agree with the general concern about corners. The players mentioned could be good buys if we get them but i guess we'll just have to see.

Don't be silly and prove someone completely wrong with facts - they don't like those on here! :p

Yes we had a lot of corners but we were playing 2 of the most fancied sides, and many of the corners were back to back as the defence cleared the ball behind from previous corners.

Lets see how many we get against Plymouth and see how we do from them. They are going into the danger zone which is where we need them to and that is the first thing!

Kirby
17-08-2005, 02:39 PM
I'd take Hughes even though the bugger did score against us in May :(

Bartlett would be great in Div 1. Don't really want Johansson.

BLUE BOY
17-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Hughes would be a good signing for us.

kolinkins
17-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Hughes and Bartlett would be very good.

Mad Max
17-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Don`t we sell players then they score against us and not the other way round?:D

orp pisshead1
17-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
That may be because ove rthe past few years everyone still says he has potential but he has never done it consistently. Only been at Charlton a year and they want rid!
Didn't he also substain a long term injury while at brum? i think he started out as a wide player but not in the brolin sense.

Palaceboy222
17-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by kestoneagle
Clearly the most important question is what are these players like on Championship Manager?

:D :p

budgie
17-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Hughes would be a good signing, wasn't he originally offered as part of the Clinton deal?

AJ'sLoveMonkey
17-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Batman
don't want either of those two strikers personally

Absolutely not! :eek:

Dan Dan The Canadian Fan
17-08-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't really understand the need for Bartlett. He's going to be 33 in October, he'll only be any good for this season. I don't know why we didn't just keep hold of Shipps if this was the case? I'd rather have someone that will be with us for a while and grow with the club.

Hughes would put a nice attacking edge into midfield, I like him.

c_block_lad
17-08-2005, 05:48 PM
To be fair we all know Dartford Lad source is one of the Charlton coaches, but this is the same chap who claimed Millwall fans will be in attendance at our final home game of the season.

I would take this with a massive pinch of salt...

nottsunieagle
17-08-2005, 05:59 PM
would certainly like Hughes at Palace - as soon as we went up i felt he would help us, and nothing has made me change my mind.

nomad
17-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by boxing francis
Wouldnt say no to Hughes, the Charlton fans rate him quite highly.

So on that basis, he must be crap. Don't think I want any players from clowntown.

Mad Max
17-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by nomad
So on that basis, he must be crap. Don't think I want any players from clowntown. Exactly clowntons cast offs,players that clownton have already found are no longer good enough for the prem?

honeysuckle
17-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Mad Max
Exactly clowntons cast offs,players that clownton have already found are no longer good enough for the prem?


Ok maybe not good enough for the Premiership but maybe worth investigating for the team second bottom of the division below.

Isn't it great news that Millwall are bottom incidentally? My Charlton supporting boss chuckles every time he sees me at the moment.

Trilby
17-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
No thanks to Johanson, Bartlett or Hughes.


They will add depth but not really any extra quality. I always liked Hughes while he was at Brum. Being at Charlton probably neutered any skill he's had playing under that boring Curbishley.

pedro
17-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Curbishley hates selling players to Palace, even if he doesn't want them, so the chances of him offloading three at once must be minimal to say the least.

bendyjoe
17-08-2005, 09:37 PM
if he needs to get rid, he will, whoever is buying

Jay_Palace
17-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Mad Max
Exactly clowntons cast offs,players that clownton have already found are no longer good enough for the prem?

Unfortunately there's more than an even chance that Charlton's cast offs are more than good enough for our team.

I don't care who we buy and who from, as long as they will improve our team.

Disco
18-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by honeysuckle
My Charlton supporting boss chuckles every time he sees me at the moment.

Chuckles the Clown, very apt:D

Dartford Lad
18-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
To be fair we all know Dartford Lad source is one of the Charlton coaches, but this is the same chap who claimed Millwall fans will be in attendance at our final home game of the season.

I would take this with a massive pinch of salt...

What's there to take with a pinch of salt?!

I haven't claimed that we are buying them, I have told people that we have enquired for them which is a fact.... :rolleyes:

Addickted
18-08-2005, 09:02 AM
For what it's worth......

1) Hughes is a good player though a bit lightweight. His goals per game ratio for us was very good, though that was mainly due to scoring against so called lesser opposition in the F A Cup games. I'm sure he would be an excellent acquisition for the CCC.

2) I like Bartlett a lot. He is superb in the air, has a strong shot, can hold up the ball well and has a good eye for goal. Again he would make an excellent signing for the CCC.

3) JJ. Again very lightweight - does get knocked off the ball easily. Very fast and will convert a high number of chances when he's in the six yard box. He's been playing mainly on the wing for us and doesn't take on the defender half as much as most people would have liked. A good crosser of the ball.

4) Euell. On his day he is superb - apart from his first touch. He really needs to move away from Charlton for his own career as Curbs is not going to pick him regularly. He had few appearances last season (mostly coming off the bench) and none of them stick out in my mind.

5) Lisbe. As one of 'our own' we have always willed Missbie to do the business for us. Apart from a hattrick against Liverpool, he has always flattered to deceive. Again, he has lightning pace looks very dangerous when running at players, but causes more problems for the people in row Z than the oppositions goalkeeper. It's a shame as he does look like he has 'all the attributes' to make a class forward.

6) Jeffers. I've not seen enough of him to comment. I find it very strange that Curbs would pay 2m for a player then not play him. Very disappointed that he's not played more regularly, though what I have seen has not been awe inspiring.

7) Holland. I was really pleased when we signed him and he didn't disappoint. Last season was a poor one for him and there were rumours he wasn't 100% fit. Personally I felt that the team lost a lot of shape when Holland and Murphy were both playing - perhaps that was the reason for his dip in perfomrance levels. I would be disappointed to see him go but am a realist - particularly with the rumours that Curbs is still looking for another midfielder. I would have thought that he would be a definate asset for CPFC.

sydnsteve
18-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Addickted, informative post as always. It sounds as though most could do a job for us, but I think from what you say I'd go for any of Hughes, Bartlett and Holland.

Clapham Grand
18-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Holland would be an absolutley awesome signing

Icy
18-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Off topic but has anyone seen Alan Curbishly moonlighting in the AA advert fixing a car in a field?

cpfcben
18-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Holland is past it. No thanks!

joe walker
18-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Addickted
For what it's worth......

4) Euell. On his day he is superb - apart from his first touch. He really needs to move away from Charlton for his own career as Curbs is not going to pick him regularly. He had few appearances last season (mostly coming off the bench) and none of them stick out in my mind.

is he Wayne Andrews in disguise?

Justin
18-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Addickted
For what it's worth......

1) Hughes is a good player though a bit lightweight. His goals per game ratio for us was very good, though that was mainly due to scoring against so called lesser opposition in the F A Cup games. I'm sure he would be an excellent acquisition for the CCC.

2) I like Bartlett a lot. He is superb in the air, has a strong shot, can hold up the ball well and has a good eye for goal. Again he would make an excellent signing for the CCC.

3) JJ. Again very lightweight - does get knocked off the ball easily. Very fast and will convert a high number of chances when he's in the six yard box. He's been playing mainly on the wing for us and doesn't take on the defender half as much as most people would have liked. A good crosser of the ball.

4) Euell. On his day he is superb - apart from his first touch. He really needs to move away from Charlton for his own career as Curbs is not going to pick him regularly. He had few appearances last season (mostly coming off the bench) and none of them stick out in my mind.

5) Lisbe. As one of 'our own' we have always willed Missbie to do the business for us. Apart from a hattrick against Liverpool, he has always flattered to deceive. Again, he has lightning pace looks very dangerous when running at players, but causes more problems for the people in row Z than the oppositions goalkeeper. It's a shame as he does look like he has 'all the attributes' to make a class forward.

6) Jeffers. I've not seen enough of him to comment. I find it very strange that Curbs would pay 2m for a player then not play him. Very disappointed that he's not played more regularly, though what I have seen has not been awe inspiring.

7) Holland. I was really pleased when we signed him and he didn't disappoint. Last season was a poor one for him and there were rumours he wasn't 100% fit. Personally I felt that the team lost a lot of shape when Holland and Murphy were both playing - perhaps that was the reason for his dip in perfomrance levels. I would be disappointed to see him go but am a realist - particularly with the rumours that Curbs is still looking for another midfielder. I would have thought that he would be a definate asset for CPFC.

I am going to have to stop reading Addickted posts. He comes in the home end of the BBS and writes well written informative pieces - it is just not on.

mik59
18-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Tea lady?

:D I'm a man and I perefer coffee thank you

gold76
18-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Holland & Bartlett would be excellent signings imo.

kestoneagle
18-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by gold76
Holland & Bartlett would be excellent signings imo.

This would be a great tonic and leave our team in a healthy condition. :D

arussell
18-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by gold76
Holland & Bartlett would be excellent signings imo.

Sounds like a health food shop ;)

zonin2000
18-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by cpfcben
Holland is past it. No thanks!
Holland would be excellent.

Euell would be excellent.

Hughes would be very good.

Bartlett would be good.

Johansson would be :hmph:

IMNSHO

Dartford Lad
18-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
To be fair we all know Dartford Lad source is one of the Charlton coaches, but this is the same chap who claimed Millwall fans will be in attendance at our final home game of the season.

I would take this with a massive pinch of salt...

Norwich have just agreed a 2m fee for Clinton Morrison.... :)

Justy C
18-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
Norwich have just agreed a 2m fee for Clinton Morrison.... :)

:sob:

Brixton Boy
18-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Dan Dan The Canadian Fan
I don't know why we didn't just keep hold of Shipps if this was the case? I'd rather have someone that will be with us for a while and grow with the club.

Well Shipps certainly grew with the club. ;) ;)

sydnsteve
18-08-2005, 03:09 PM
I suspect that was a rather tongue in cheek post from Dan. I certainly hope so!

Gherkin
18-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Brixton Boy
Well Shipps certainly grew with the club. ;) ;)

To**er