PDA

View Full Version : When is the end of the Transfer Window ?

stwilley
24-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Is it this Friday or next Wednesday?

Would be nice to bring an end to the 2million page threads about nothing on Friday and concentrate on the season!

limited_edition
24-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Midnight Sept 1st, I think. Will probably break the F5 button in that time.

martin.cpfc
24-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Midnight on 31st August.

All deals have to be completed by 5pm, paperwork by midnight.

GreatGonzo
24-08-2005, 01:12 PM
so when is midnight, is it the on the 31st or the 1st? As it is 00:00 on a 24 hour clock i would be inclined to go with the 1st!

Scroatey
24-08-2005, 01:13 PM
23:59:59 on 31-08-2005

Ian of Chatham
24-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Correct Scroatey. About that time last season I remember about 200 people logged on at past 10 pm that night. Earlier that evening we got Sorondo and Ventola on loan and we were going for Kily Gonzales but no news was heard, then at 11pm it was announced that the club signed Wayne Andrews!

EagleinOz
24-08-2005, 10:17 PM
The end of the Jan window was the worst though, a few titbits about a swiss midfielder on trial and a couple of other foreigners, a night on the f5 then... nothing!

Kai
25-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I seem to recall that the football league didn't go along with the FIFA transfer window last season so clubs could sign players at any time during the season. The window is valid for Premiership clubs only, if I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall us selling Derry to Leeds in October of last year which is way after the transfer deadline.

eagle101
25-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Kai
I seem to recall that the football league didn't go along with the FIFA transfer window last season so clubs could sign players at any time during the season. The window is valid for Premiership clubs only, if I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall us selling Derry to Leeds in October of last year which is way after the transfer deadline.

The transfer window now applies to league clubs, however the league clubs can make loan signings outside the window I think?...

Ian of Chatham
25-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Kai, The Football League caved in to Fifa and from this season the transfer window dates are now exactly the same for both Premiership and League clubs. One of the reasons for that is the League could not afford to take on FIFA in court should it come to that.

grinham_ash
27-08-2005, 08:42 AM
31st August 23:59:59

But Lower League clubs can purchase domesticly

grinham_ash
27-08-2005, 08:44 AM
any club can sign players that have a expierd contract !

( Cannot Spell )

zonin2000
30-08-2005, 10:46 PM
I have heard strong rumours that non-top flight clubs will still be allowed to loan players (and not only in emergency cases, for example if all your 'keepers are injured) between the transfer windows.

Seeing as you could effectively take a player on loan and agree to buy him at the next window, this would render the window meaningless, which is why I find this very hard to believe.

Could anyone clarify?

Billyd
30-08-2005, 10:53 PM
non-top flight clubs can buy domestically anyway i thought
(untill march)

PhilD
30-08-2005, 10:54 PM
I heard pretty much the same thing a while ago. The loan issue was being highlighted as a loophole, but whether or not this has been addressed I'm not sure.

PhilD
30-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Billyd
non-top flight clubs can buy domestically anyway i thought
(untill march)

No not from this season onwards - perminant transfers can definately only take place up until tomorrow and in the January window.

boxing francis
30-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I heard that sides from the Championship and lower leagues can apply for an emergency loan in the event of injury, suspension etc.

zonin2000
31-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by martin.cpfc
Midnight on 31st August.

All deals have to be completed by 5pm, paperwork by midnight.
What happens if you complete a deal by 5pm, but don't get the paperwork done in time?

Do you then have a player who can't play for you?

DDD
31-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Ian of Chatham
Correct Scroatey. About that time last season I remember about 200 people logged on at past 10 pm that night. Earlier that evening we got Sorondo and Ventola on loan and we were going for Kily Gonzales but no news was heard, then at 11pm it was announced that the club signed Wayne Andrews!

Well worth staying up for ! :o

Beanie
31-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by boxing francis
I heard that sides from the Championship and lower leagues can apply for an emergency loan in the event of injury, suspension etc.
This has always been the case with the transfer window at all levels - but it only applies if the club has taken "all reasonable measures" to ensure the situation does not arise. When the transfer window first came in Wolves were in the Premiership. They lost one of only two senior keepers on a long injury and wanted permission to borrow another. The Premier League turned them down as only having two senior keepers was not seen as having taken "all reasonable measures". Something Palace should perhaps consider unless they rate Wilkinson or Banks highly.

LeeH
31-08-2005, 05:28 PM
this is on the BBC website:

Premiership: Permanent and loan deals must be completed by midnight
Football League: Permanent and 'standard' loan deals must be completed by 1700 BST
Players can move from Football League clubs to the Premiership until midnight
The Football League has an emergency loan facility

Chickereagle
31-08-2005, 05:33 PM
And from the BBC's live Transfer Day RSS feed:

1700: Window closes for deals between Football League clubs.

Mark_cpfc
31-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Im really annoyed over this transfer window, Its showing blatant favourtism towards the premiership.

How come lower league closes at 5 while the premiership get a extra 7 hours to do buisness?

Surely the window should close at the same time for every single club at the same time.

Once again its showing favourtism towards the big clubs and im getting sick and tired of this!

nottsunieagle
31-08-2005, 05:47 PM
all is not totally lost though - deals may have been concluded that we don't know about, only for announcements to be made later.

for example - from the BBC website:

1800: Leicester City announce a double signing, bringing in Tranmere's Iain Hume's on a 500,000 deal rising to 750,000 if the Foxes are promoted - and also signing Fulham's Elvis Hammond in a deal which could net the Cottagers up to 350,000.

1730: Tottenham confirm that Erik Edman has left the club to join French side Rennes.

1700: Window closes for deals between Football League clubs.

Beanie
31-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LeeH
this is on the BBC website:

Premiership: Permanent and loan deals must be completed by midnight
Football League: Permanent and 'standard' loan deals must be completed by 1700 BST
Players can move from Football League clubs to the Premiership until midnight
The Football League has an emergency loan facility
There seems a little confusion even on those who should know. This is indeed the BBC version, but according to the a Sky reporter and the radio players can move BETWEEN Football League and Premiership clubs until midnight, which is somewhat different.